Skrevet av Emne: EX-"manager" og "head-coach" : Brian McDermott  (Lest 381840 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Manager: Brian McDermott
« Svar #390 på: Desember 05, 2013, 17:21:21 »
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/14sy7t89leun41dfz0t4vz2b15/title/duo-nominated-for-awards

Brian McDermott er for første gang nominert til Manager of the Month som Leeds-manager!

Tidligere topplasseringer som manager:

Individual LMA Championship Manager of the Year (1): 2011–12

Premier League Manager of the Month (1): January 2013

Championship Manager of the Month (4): March 2010, April 2011, February 2012, March 2012

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Odin

« Svar #391 på: Desember 09, 2013, 13:37:44 »
Etter å ha sett 3 kamper live siste uke sitter jeg igjen med litt undring over taktikken og disponeringen til McDermott..
Mot Blackburn startet Varney, noe som ikke funket I det hele tatt. Luke ble tatt av sent I andre omgang, og det ble farligere med Smith framme.

Mot Wigan og Watford ble det 4 poeng, noe som ikke er så verst. I begge kampene lot han 11 spillere fullføre 90 minutter uten å bruke innbyttere.
Mot Watford var vår midtbane fullstendig utkjørt etter 80 minutter, og Watford med 3 friske innbyttere på banen løp oss fullstendig I senk. Vi ledet 3-2, tapte 2 poeng og var heldige som ikke tapte kampen 3-4.
Mowatt og Austin kunne knapt gå de siste 5 minuttene, og en rutinert Brown eller Tonge ville etter min mening hjulpet laget bedre på det stadiet av kampen.

McDermott har totalt sett gjort mye bra, og er en god manager som jeg håper kan lede oss til opprykk!
MOT! 

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #392 på: Desember 09, 2013, 13:48:35 »
Etter å ha sett 3 kamper live siste uke sitter jeg igjen med litt undring over taktikken og disponeringen til McDermott..
Mot Blackburn startet Varney, noe som ikke funket I det hele tatt. Luke ble tatt av sent I andre omgang, og det ble farligere med Smith framme.

Mot Wigan og Watford ble det 4 poeng, noe som ikke er så verst. I begge kampene lot han 11 spillere fullføre 90 minutter uten å bruke innbyttere.
Mot Watford var vår midtbane fullstendig utkjørt etter 80 minutter, og Watford med 3 friske innbyttere på banen løp oss fullstendig I senk. Vi ledet 3-2, tapte 2 poeng og var heldige som ikke tapte kampen 3-4.
Mowatt og Austin kunne knapt gå de siste 5 minuttene, og en rutinert Brown eller Tonge ville etter min mening hjulpet laget bedre på det stadiet av kampen.

McDermott har totalt sett gjort mye bra, og er en god manager som jeg håper kan lede oss til opprykk!
MOT! 

Det at midtbanen ble utslitt mot slutten har jeg lest før (waccoe), tror helst det var mot Blackburn men er ikke helt sikker...

Ikkje bra.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

« Svar #393 på: Desember 09, 2013, 14:12:21 »

MOT! 

Det at midtbanen ble utslitt mot slutten har jeg lest før (waccoe), tror helst det var mot Blackburn men er ikke helt sikker...

Ikkje bra.

Samme inntrykk var det fakttisk mot B`Ham hjemme....selvom vi da ledet 4-0...så kunne hverken Austin og Smith omtrent røre seg.....fatter ikke at han ikke da setter innpå friske bein nei...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #394 på: Desember 12, 2013, 14:57:52 »

Mcdermott can deliver Leeds from the Dark Ages in January

December 12, 2013   News, Transfers   1 Comment

Leeds’ recent games against Watford and Wigan were clear indicators of the teams strengths and weaknesses, as a growing formidability at home was curbed but not blunted by a free-scoring Watford, whilst The Whites’ heart and mental-fortitude was displayed in coming back from two goals down as well as grinding out a victory against a well-staffed but disordered Wigan Athletic. Our season has so far been peppered with these contrasting results, comfortable but unremarkable wins along with wild goal-feasts.
It’s a clear improvement from last season though, with Brian McDermott’s side playing with a purpose and direction missing in the curmudgeonly slog of last season, with Ross McCormack’s logical positional change best exemplifying this. Though games have been thrown away from decent positions, like at Huddersfield and Blackburn, the caprices in the team’s form this season have a much less deadening familiar air about them, less of a wearying inevitability. The great contrast to last season is no more apparent when I see Leeds fans talking about promotion not being vital this season, with a view to the future, of next season, with a faith in the progression of the team and its players. This attitude was non-existent last term, as Warnock led the team on with a medieval slugball style befitting a man without any discernible long-term vision. Times are different now, and the promise of major investment in January by a consortium of wealthy businessmen has driven this new positivity to somewhat giddy heights, such was the swiftness of its announcement. All of a sudden, phrases like ‘war chest’ and ‘significant investment’ were being banded about with a frequency and merriment which grew after a cold defeat to Blackburn, only to lull naturally. It’s a strange time to be a Leeds fan, to think that in January we could go out and spend potentially 3 million pounds on a new recruit feels a little unreal, but exciting at the same time.

Still, some fans aren’t convinced, having experienced so many false dawns before, but with the tranche of well-informed and quote-heavy articles written on the subject, it’s fair to assume that Brian McDermott will money to spend in January around the 3-5 million mark. This serious money injection, whatever it may be, comes at quite an interesting time with regards to the squad of players the Leeds manager has and the formation he has crafted to suit them. Pre-investment news and without any real wingers in the whole squad, it looked as if we’d have to focus our meagre resources directly on the areas where the need for bolstering was at its largest. Now it seems McDermott will have more space to think, to choose, and just more options. The desire to add wingers remains not because the team necessarily lacks width, as Danny Pugh, Lee Peltier and Sam Byram have provided ample amounts of it in these past two games. No, it is instead the case that this Leeds side has a shortage of truly direct players, dribblers who are always looking to carry the ball, are happy to receive it in tight areas and generally commit opposition players to open up space for the rest of the side.

Some have suggested that McDermott should look to add players better suited to our playing system and thus keep the balance in the squad. Adding instead of wide players creative attacking midfielders. However, there are very few of these players that Leeds would be able to purchase, such is the ability required to play such a position, the stock of these players is generally quite high, thus wide players present more realistic targets. Paddy McCourt would have been perfect, as his much-lauded displays for Barnsley have come filled with the kind of direct running that this Leeds side sometimes sorely lack. Despite this, McDermott has the necessary tools available to gain much from the January market. At long last, this club can go into the winter transfer window with a manager who possesses a rational and organic thought process not afflicted by chronic short-termism or incredibly flawed decision-making, the exhibiting of which was none more evident in last January’s window for The Whites. Habib Habibou, Ross Barkley, Stephen Warnock and Steve Morison came in, the last of which arriving on a swap deal that saw Luciano Becchio move in the opposite direction. Of these players only Stephen Warnock has forged a constant association with the team, whilst Ross Barkley’s promise was cruelly ignored by Neil Warnock. In a blatant sign of the backwardness of the former Leeds manager’s thinking, the young star was sent back to Everton after having played only 4 times.

More pointedly, the club’s top goal scorer was swapped for a relatively inept replacement in Steve Morison, with Habib Habibou quickly turning into an afterthought despite his great name. This year, The teams needs are much the same as last year, and the difference of manager and financial resources should fill every Leeds fan with positivity, as it does me, given the marked contrast to the club’s position this time last season. What’s more, Leeds have an all-round better side to last season, with Alex Mowatt adding commensurately to the quality of the midfield, Matt Smith yielding a steady trickle of goals and Marius Zaliukas the authoritative centre-back the team has missed for years. Most obviously, the decision to utilise Ross McCormack in his favoured central striking positron is coming off a superbly. The loan market, though quiet, proved profitable to Leeds as the team added to its burgeoning talent with Dexter Blackstock, who unfortunately had to end his loan stay prematurely due to injury. What his addition did highlight though was the quality that can be picked up as a window progresses. If anything, this window will be even more open in January, with a much greater pool of talent to choose from.

Clearly, it won’t be quite as simple as adding 4 players on the 1st day of January, but with the greater expertise the club has and money to play with, there is reason to be excited about new arrivals in January. Hypothetically, if £5 million was made available, Leeds could afford to dip into the kind of talent pool that for so many years has been far away. The money could help towards luring players into loam deals, as clubs are much more amenable to loaning out their players to teams who can pay full wages. Some real talent could be picked up this way, like Matthew Albrighton at Aston Villa. Overlooked for much of this season, his future is very uncertain with a contract that runs out in June. Elsewhere you have Cameron Stewart, the speedy winger so influential against Leeds for Charlton but available for loan again from Hull in January. Ryo Miyaichi isn’t anywhere near the first team at Arsenal but is an immensely skilled player who would benefit from regular game time, whilst Sammy Ameobi’s bright start at Newcastle has frittered away to subs-bench servitude. Max Gradel, a player so revered among the Leeds faithful after his succesfull three-year stint at the club, would be the kind of player of that galvanizing ilk that Brian McDermott so desires. It would be an incredible, but increasingly possible return, given his lack of opportunities thus far this season with Saint-Etienne.

The striking position is also an area of the side that, though grievously well stocked, still arouses worry. If Ross McCormack got injured could Matt Smith carry the can? Varney? Poleon? Anyone else? These are questions that you can’t avoid when looking at the goalscorers in the team. Nahki Wells could be a player to take up the mantle if he was bought, and it’s a big if, as well as the fact that his prodigious scoring at league two and league one level may not guarantee similar numbers in the Championship. Still, he is another with a contract which will run out this summer, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see other Chamiponship clubs put offers in. If such a situation arises, he could be worth a punt. In any case, we can afford to dream a little, and just maybe, through some astute business, this Leeds side can make more lasting inroads into the top six with a bit more threat and danger about us. Watford’s attacking play was a fearsome reminder of the way speed can cut through defences, and players of this persuasion would certainly add to the quality and diversity of the Leeds starting XI. With a little added directness and incision, a sustained charge up the league is entirely possible, with the added weapon of our marvellous support base. Brian McDermott will be wary of unnecessary upheaval, as he will want to maintain the abundant spirit his group of players has. A look at the form guide for the past eight games shows how Leeds are transforming under their manager, as they stand second with 15 points gained. The 1st of these games was, no less, the drubbing of Brimingham, where McDermott switched to the 3-5-2 formation that has suited this squad to a tee, getting the best out of the teams stand-out performers like McCormack and Rodolph Austin. Clearly the team needs more, but it is refreshing to know that ‘more’ is attainable. Not with a wearying narcissist at the helm, but someone with foresight and a genuine understanding of managing a team of men.

Read more at http://leedsallover.com/mcdermott-can-deliver-leeds-from-the-dark-ages-in-january/#IRKrZzWeI8VCOmUY.99
Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #395 på: Desember 15, 2013, 00:54:38 »
Clarke i WBA har fått sparken. Kan McDermott være på lista over mulige kandidater

Leedsfan

« Svar #396 på: Desember 15, 2013, 01:28:03 »
Clarke i WBA har fått sparken. Kan McDermott være på lista over mulige kandidater

Rekker vi å gi han sparken?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

ibster

« Svar #397 på: Desember 15, 2013, 02:28:40 »

ville ikke bekymret meg så mye over det. ser liten oppside for bmd i å dra fra elland road slik ståa er nå. men de får gjerne drømme  :D

Sydhagen

« Svar #398 på: Desember 15, 2013, 08:18:02 »

Har ingen tro på at McD drar noe sted nå.
Sjansen er vel stor for at Di Matteo gjør comeback i WBA.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Ankerjon15

« Svar #399 på: Desember 15, 2013, 10:48:16 »
Har tro på att Brian vil være med på å få LEEDS opp der de hører hjemme, jeg synes Mcdermott til nå har gjort en bra jobb.

testo

« Svar #400 på: Desember 15, 2013, 11:20:56 »

Synes du det går så dårlig i Leeds at han bør vurdere sin stilling?

Jeg skjønner liksom ikke spørsmålet ditt Håkon, Hvorfor skulle et tilbud fra WBA være av inntresse?
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #401 på: Desember 15, 2013, 11:34:54 »

Jeg skjønner liksom ikke spørsmålet ditt Håkon, Hvorfor skulle et tilbud fra WBA være av inntresse?

Svaret er ganske enkelt da. Premier League. WBA er der. Leeds drømmer om å komme dit

testo

« Svar #402 på: Desember 15, 2013, 12:03:32 »

Svaret er ganske enkelt da. Premier League. WBA er der. Leeds drømmer om å komme dit

Enkelt å enkelt, WBA er et skip full av hull og på vei ned , Leeds plugger igjen sine siste hull og stiger å stiger.
Sorry, synes ikke det er tema en gang, og det tror jeg ikke MD gjør heller.
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #403 på: Desember 15, 2013, 12:08:49 »

Enkelt å enkelt, WBA er et skip full av hull og på vei ned , Leeds plugger igjen sine siste hull og stiger å stiger.
Sorry, synes ikke det er tema en gang, og det tror jeg ikke MD gjør heller.

Vel. Faktum er jo at vi er i Championship og WBA er i Premier League. Hvis vi var så attraktive. Ja da vil jeg nok påstå at spillere heller ville spilt for oss enn for Norwich

Andersen

« Svar #404 på: Desember 15, 2013, 12:24:22 »
Kan ikke skjønne at BM skulle takke ja til WBA jobben , han gjør jo en glimrende jobb i Leeds! Må være mere inspirerende for ham å prøve å få Leeds opp i det gode selskap enn å redde WBA fra å rykke ned igjen! Solskjær er jo nevnt i den nye jobben der !  ;)

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #405 på: Desember 15, 2013, 15:04:31 »
Ja skulle han forlate oss til fordel for WBA, så blir det en trist grå jul.(håper på en lystig hvit en:))

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #406 på: Desember 15, 2013, 18:52:07 »
jaja. Ser at Looserpool gruser Tottenham 5-0 på White Hart Lane. Da tipper jeg at de sparker manageren i morgen. Men har ikke troa på at Tottenham går etter Mc Dermott

Gufrias

« Svar #407 på: Desember 15, 2013, 21:25:21 »
Skybet regner 19 stykker som mer sannsynlig WBA-materiale enn vår Brian:
Sitat
Martin Jol 2/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 5/1
Roberto Di Matteo 6/1
Paul Clement 8/1
Ralf Rangnick 10/1
Nigel Pearson 20/1
Mike Phelan 20/1
Sean Dyche 25/1
Neil Lennon 25/1
Glenn Hoddle 28/1
Malky Mackay 28/1
Gianfranco Zola 33/1
Keith Downing 33/1
Stuart Pearce 33/1
Michael Appleton 40/1
Mick McCarthy 40/1
Ian Holloway 40/1
Owen Coyle 40/1
Paolo Di Canio 40/1
Alan Curbishley 50/1
Neil Clement 50/1
Avram Grant 50/1
Brian McDermott 50/1
Chris Hughton 50/1
Dennis Wise 66/1
Gary Neville 66/1
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Dennis

« Svar #408 på: Desember 15, 2013, 22:13:29 »
I god Leedstradisjon må vi lage negativitet der den ikke engang finnes?

WBA ansetter Di Matteo. Og skulle det utrolige skje, at de går for McD og det enda mer utrolige skje - han takker ja - så henter vi Di Matteo. Makan til ikke-tema 8)
Marching on together!

B_Ød

Ups & Ups!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #410 på: Desember 20, 2013, 15:09:18 »
McDermott har ordet: HALVÃ…RSVURDERING...?

Leeds players can forget about going up - McDermott

BRIAN McDermott wants Leeds United to detach themselves from talk of promotion as they bid to reach Christmas in a top-six position.

McDermott batted off questions about United’s prospects for the second half of the season – but served a warning to the rest of the Championship by predicting his side would improve as the campaign wore on.

A victory over Barnsley at Elland Road tomorrow – Leeds’ final game before Christmas – would take the club into the festive period no lower than sixth in the table following their most productive spell under McDermott’s management.

Leeds have won six of their last nine games and Harry Redknapp, boss of league leaders QPR, made a point of singling out United’s form after goals from Matt Smith, Ross McCormack and Rodolph Austin sealed a 3-0 win at Doncaster Rovers last Saturday.

McDermott’s Reading teams were renowned for growing in strength at the midway point of each season, a trend which took them to a play-off final in 2011 and the Championship title a year later, but he again refused to talk up United’s chances, saying: “I think in batches of one game. At Reading we kept our philosophy and kept going.

“If we got a bad result we didn’t let it us affect us. If we got a good result we didn’t get carried away.

“We carried on with our philosophy of doing things the right way. We trained the right way, prepared the right way; did everything we could to make sure we were ready.

“We got the players in the best frame of mind and you always try to get camaraderie between the players and the fans. If you get some momentum it can carry you a long way.

“All I expect us to do is go out tomorrow and produce the best performance against Barnsley, get a result and then carry on.

“We’ve got a three games coming up in a short space of time but I’m not an excuse-maker. We’ll be ready for each and every event.”

McDermott’s squad were seen as an outside chance for promotion in the summer on the basis of their relegation fight last season and a transfer window in which Leeds signed only four players.

Asked if his team had exceeded his expectations by climbing to sixth after 20 games, McDermott said: “I think we’ve got so much more to come.

“But I don’t think ‘we’re doing really well with the resources we’ve got.’

“We’re a work in progress and we’re evolving.

“We’ve got more to come, I know it. Week by week the team’s getting better.

“I didn’t have a clue how we’d do this season. I just tried to win the first game against Brighton. And the last game against Doncaster, I tried to win that. In between we’ve come up with 33 points and I can’t be unhappy because 33 points is what we’ve got. We’re sixth in the league.

“You might not be in the top six in January but you can still be top six in May. And you can always look back on lots of games and talk about ifs and buts. We lost late on at Reading and could have won. But we won late on against Brighton so it’s all swings and roundabouts. We are where we are. Let’s try and beat Barnsley.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-players-can-forget-about-going-up-mcdermott-1-6329070
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #411 på: Desember 20, 2013, 18:28:54 »

I kommentarfeltet om denne artikkelen (på waccoe) kom jeg over denne ordvekslingen, som jeg syns forteller en del: :)

Sitat
When Brain was at Reading I couldn't stand his boring voice. Now, he makes me happy when he talks and I could listen to him all day :wub:

Sitat
before you were listening to his voice now you are listening to the words. Top man is brain.

...hadde egentlig litt sansen for denne lille vrien på fornavnet hans :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #412 på: Desember 21, 2013, 11:46:40 »

Bra artikkel med villedende overskrift....
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #413 på: Desember 21, 2013, 12:41:37 »

Bra artikkel med villedende overskrift....

Kanskje han mener at INGEN spillere er gode nok til å BLI MED opp!

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #414 på: Desember 23, 2013, 17:30:32 »
Radio Aire News ‏@radioairenews  12m 
SPORT: Brian McDermott confirms @zakhardaker1 will captain  Leeds on Boxing day

WTF???  Ã…ja, rugby ja  :P
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Stephenjazz

« Svar #415 på: Januar 15, 2014, 11:57:10 »
McDermott interview: After Owls disaster, what needs to happen next at Leeds?

As the dust continues to settle on Leeds United’s worst defeat for 55 years, Richard Sutcliffe speaks to manager Brian McDermott about what needs to happen next at Elland Road.

“Humiliated”, “embarrassed” and “shell-shocked”. Three days on from Leeds United’s heaviest defeat since the days when Don Revie was still a player and rugby league was king in the city, Brian McDermott was yesterday still in no mood to mix his words.

United’s 6-0 hammering by Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough was a dark day for the Elland Road club.

Darker by far than similar heavy beatings suffered by Leeds in recent years, whether it be last season’s 6-1 loss at home to Watford, Nottingham Forest inflicting a heaviest ever home loss when triumphing 7-3 in April, 2012, or even the 6-4 defeat of 2010 to a Preston North End side that just a few months later were relegated from the Championship.

Last Saturday was much, much worse with the total collapse of defensive order and shambolic play evoking memories of the 6-1 hammering at Portsmouth in the Premier League that spelt the end of Peter Reid’s reign.

As manager, McDermott felt the pain of defeat every bit as much as the 3,500 fans unfortunate enough to have paid to witness such an awful performance from the Leppings Lane end.

His face betrayed that much at the final whistle. It still did yesterday at Thorp Arch.

“We were all shell-shocked after a performance and a result like that,” said the 52-year-old when asked about Leeds’s worst defeat since losing by an identical margin to Manchester United in September, 1959.

“After the game, we spoke in the dressing room and then we brought all the players in for a meeting on Sunday morning.

“It was an open conversation and anyone could have their say. I also spoke (separately) to the senior players as well.

“The meeting was very productive. The players had their say, I have always been the same way – they can have their say.

“Then I said what I felt, and I said how I saw things in the future – and how things have got to be.”

United’s immediate future is a weekend meeting with Leicester City, the leaders of the Championship. The game is live on Sky TV, just as the visit to Hillsborough was last Saturday lunchtime.

Such a mission – with a national audience tuning in – hardly sounds ideal for a club looking to put behind them not only the defeat to Wednesday but also the previous weekend’s FA Cup exit to League Two Rochdale. McDermott, though, does not agree.

“We have just been humiliated live on TV and now we have a chance to make up for that straight away because we are on live again,” said the Leeds manager. “That is why I see it as a good fixture. It is a great opportunity for us.

“We were shell-shocked (after Saturday) but you can’t be for too long. You have to move ahead.

“You have to get on with your work and what needs to be done, and what the bigger picture is for Leeds United.”

A couple of weeks like McDermott has just endured are enough to test not only the patience of a manager but also, in the eyes of supporters, question his longevity.

The one crumb of comfort to come out of the Hillsborough debacle, therefore, was the post-match reaction from the away seats.

Striker Ross McCormack was the closest to that end of the ground when the final whistle blew so turned to applaud the United supporters. Most returned the gesture.

The Scot’s team-mates were not so lucky, however, with their applause being met with a volley of abuse and a flurry of two fingered salutes. Only when McDermott then arrived on the scene to salute the fans did the atmosphere change and the subdued clapping return. Clearly, the Leeds fans are still behind their manager.

“I have felt focused on what needs to be done,” said McDermott, when asked about the last three days. “There has been a lot of good work done round the training ground since the summer.

“As a result, there was a feel-good factor building – which you can argue is not around at the moment, not after you have lost 6-0.

“But I think you have to look at the bigger picture. Leeds United have had three managers in 20 months. They have had 10 or 11 in 10 or 11 years. You just keep getting the same.

“For me, that is not what this place is about, This place needs stability. This is a great, great club. It needs someone to be here for a period of time to stabilise and take it forward.”

McDermott points to Saturday’s visitors to Elland Road as an example of how a club needs to gradually build over a number of years.

The Leeds chief, who will be without Matt Smith for three games after his appeal against last Saturday’s red card was thrown out by the Football Association, added: “Leicester are top of the league and flying high. They are a club who has been trying to get out of this league for many years. They have a good manager (Nigel Pearson) and have spent good money over a long period to try and get out of this league.

“Now they are seeing the fruits of what they have done over the last three or four years.”

United’s struggles over the past few weeks – they have not won since December 14 – are in stark contrast to the run McDermott’s men were enjoying as autumn gave way to winter.

A run of seven wins from 11 games powered Leeds up to fifth in the table to fuel belief of a concerted promotion push in the second half of the season among the Elland Road support.

Now, of course, the challenge is to banish the memories of Spotland and Hillsborough.

“I understand how the fans felt after the last two games,” he said. “I understand 100 per cent. The players and staff understand it. No one is hurting more than me after a game like that.

“It was totally humiliating to lose like that. But I cannot dwell on it, I just cannot do that. Just as I didn’t dwell on us beating Brighton on the first day in front of 30,000.

“I don’t dwell on any victories or defeats. What you can do after a defeat like Saturday is learn from it and then come out fighting, starting with Leicester.

“Five or six games ago we were fifth in the league and enjoying form as good as anyone in the country.

“Sometimes football can go like this. That is why you can never get too down and you can never get too carried away.

“That goes for now. If you want to, you can get as down as you possibly want, but that is not my character. The only thing we can do now is move on to the next game and get back to basics.

“Places are up for grabs and we all expect a positive reaction.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/mcdermott-interview-after-owls-disaster-what-needs-to-happen-next-at-leeds-1-6373203
Det blir aldri umoderne å vinne

Cherry

« Svar #417 på: Januar 16, 2014, 11:26:11 »
Etter at eierne våre blokkerte Barnes overgangen , som det står i YEP i dag - så er jeg faktisk ikke
sikker på at han er med i deres planer videre.....hvordan kan det ellers tolkes?

Det er penger tilgjengelig, men han får ikke bruke dem.... ???

Sterland

« Svar #418 på: Januar 16, 2014, 11:37:06 »
Ingenting går smooth for Leeds United. Det er iallefall noe en har lært etter 35 år som fan...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #419 på: Januar 17, 2014, 09:26:25 »
Hvis han er på vei til å miste garderoben så er nok valget at McCormack lurt, men for meg har det en anelse av desperasjon over seg!

Det er stor forskjell på å være en stor leder og ha et stort hjerte for klubben du står som den største lønnmottakeren i!  ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp: