Skrevet av Emne: Manageren og hans backroom staff  (Lest 92533 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Manageren og hans backroom staff
« Svar #300 på: September 08, 2018, 21:44:43 »
Bra av Phil Hay her:

Ni mann presentert av Phil Hay :)

Vel, her er den 19-manns store baktroppen til Marcelo.
Marcelo og Orta på toppen, tre assistenter, to coacher,
to fitness coacher, fire andre i det medisinske apparatet,
fire 'speiderledere', og to analysesjefer.

Og enda er ikke oversetterne nevnt :D

...skrevet av 'twitter-utskjelte' (mht når overgangsryktene florerte) Simon Austin.

http://trainingground.guru/staff-profiles/leeds-united-staff-profiles
En tilhørende tweet

Training Ground Guru
@ground_guru

Performance analyst @meek91 has left @LUFC after more than four years following a shake-up of the department. Guillermo Alonso now in charge, assisted by @JGarciaValera. Alex Davies and Andrea Iore have moved from analysis to scouting. #LUFC http://trainingground.guru/bulletin-board
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #301 på: September 08, 2018, 21:49:56 »
The trainingground guru

Performance analyst @meek91 has left @LUFC after more than four years following a shake-up of the department. Guillermo Alonso now in charge, assisted by @JGarciaValera. Alex Davies and Andrea Iore have moved from analysis to scouting. #LUFC trainingground.guru/bulletin-board

http://trainingground.guru/bulletin-board

Meek leaves Leeds after analysis revamp

Chris Meek has left Leeds United after more than four years following a shake-up of the analysis department.

The performance analyst joined the club in July 2014 to head up Academy analysis, before being promoted to the first team in June 2017.

He has now left to become a Professional Games Research Assistant at the Football Association.

Leeds' analysis department is now headed up by Spaniard Guillermo Alonso, who also worked with Sporting Director Victor Orta at Middlesbrough.

Alonso is assisted by compatriot Jorge Garcia, who joined in September 2017 and was previously with Atletico Madrid’s women’s team.

Former head of department Alex Davies is now a scout, as is former recruitment analyst Andrea Iore.

You can see the Leeds United staff profiles HERE.

http://trainingground.guru/staff-profiles/leeds-united-staff-profiles

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #302 på: September 08, 2018, 21:58:12 »
Fysioterapeut Henry McStay spilte på Leeds United i sine unge dager, for dem som husker ham:

When one door closes another opens for Leeds United and Henry McStay

Henry McStay won the Victory Shield with Northern Ireland the Olympic Youth Tournament with the Republic

Andy Watters
21 February, 2018 01:00
Topics
David O'Leary Harry Kewell Henry McStay Leeds United Portadown FC Republic of Ireland
WE’VE all heard stories of lads who played with Roy Keane, or Gazza, or Harry Kane. Bad luck, bad timing or bad decisions shot down their football dreams and they came home with great stories and memories, but very little else.

Henry McStay could have been one of those lads. He became one of David O’Leary’s ‘babies’ when Leeds United won the race for his signature in 2000.

Financial meltdown at the club saw him released and injury problems ruined his playing career, but the resourceful Lurgan native retrained and has returned to Elland Road as the first team physio. Andy Watters spoke to a man who refused to give up on his football dream.

Teenage kicks: Leeds United, 2000

HENRY McStay was 15 when he arrived at Leeds United.

The Lurgan teenager – a penalty-taking, ball-playing defender who was equally at home at right-back or centre-back - was invited to join a football academy that rivaled Manchester United as England’s finest.

Previous graduates in the first team included England internationals Jonathan Woodgate and Alan Smith, Republic of Ireland stars Gary Kelly, Ian Hate, Stephen McPhail and Alan Mayberry and Australian superstar Harry Kewell, who was seen by many as the best of the lot.

McStay, who had come through the ranks at Lurgan’s Sunnyside and was spotted by scouts while playing for Armagh in the Milk Cup, had chosen Leeds ahead of offers from Tottenham and Celtic and was determined to make his mark.

“I liked the feeling at the club,” he recalled.

“There were a lot of Irish lads there at the time, so it was the one I picked.”

At 17 he signed as a professional and moved into the halls at the Leeds training ground Thorp Arch. By that stage he was an Olympic Youth Tournament winner with the Republic and was pushing for place in the star-studded reserves.

“If you were playing well they’d put you in,” he says.

“I had the chance to play with James Milner, Stephen McPhail, Nick Barmby, Lucas Radebe on occasions… It was brilliant playing with those guys.”

And the Boys in Green like Kelly and Harte and Robbie Keane - just arrived from Inter Milan – all helped him settle.

“Gary Kelly was fantastic for all the Irish lads,” McStay recalled.

“There was him, McPhail, Robbie Keane, Ian Harte…

“They were very good with me and boys like Paul Keegan, Alan Kinsella and Andy Keogh. Leeds had a great interest in Irish players then.

“They would give us boots and just look after us. Anything you needed, those boys were there to help out. They were just really down-to-earth fellas. They had brilliant careers – they played in the Champions League and the World Cup – and they were very good role models for any kid coming through.”

Shades of green

AS his career progressed at Leeds, McStay’s services were in demand back home. He’d been a Victory Shield winner with Northern Ireland at U16 level, but switched to the Republic under Brian Kerr.

“I’d been to watch the Republic loads of times,” he explained.

“My da used to follow them home and away with Derryhirk Supporters’ Club in Lurgan and when the time came I was approached and I said I would be interested in playing for the Republic of Ireland, so when I turned 16 I decided to switch over.

“Brian was the manager and we won the Olympic Youth Tournament - the first tournament I played in with them - and then it was into the qualifying for the U17 European Championships and we just missed out on qualification because of a last minute goal against Serbia.

“It was quite a successful team and there was maybe seven or eight of us at Leeds playing for the same Republic team, so that’s one of the major reasons why I went down south. Looking back I’d do the same thing but I support the Republic and Northern Ireland and it’s good to see them both doing well.”

A fall from grace: Leeds United 2003

IN 2000 Leeds appeared to be on a countdown for blast-off into a new and lasting football orbit. But the club was actually heading towards the brink of financial ruin and went into a decline from which it has yet to fully recover.

Reaching the Champions League semi-finals in 2001 briefly papered over alarming financial cracks in the club’s bank accounts and things rapidly turned sour.

After failing to secure a place in the Champions League, O’Leary was sacked by big-spending chairman Peter Risdale at the end of the 2001/02 season.

Terry Venables, Peter Reid and Eddie Gray all came and went and one by one the stars were sold to service crippling debt.

By then McStay had gone on loan to Halifax Town to get first team experience.

“There was a lot of competition,” he explained.

“I had people like Rio Ferdinand and Jonathan Woodgate in front of me. Looking back on it, it was an impossible task to break into the team.

“I was good at a young age but as I got older, I dunno… I didn’t fulfill my potential at Leeds.

“The club had several different managers and it was hard to build up relationships with them to put trust in a young fella coming through, especially when they were going down the leagues.

“They always seemed to opt for more experienced players.”

By the time McStay returned from his injury-ruined stint at Halifax in 2005 Leeds had been relegated, Kevin Blackwell had replaced Gray as manager and the unstable club was no longer in the business of bringing through young players.

Blackwell broke the news that he was being released.

"It was very hard to hear at the time,” McStay admits.

"He just said it how it was: They were looking for more experienced players and I wasn’t (experienced) at that stage so they weren’t going to renew my contract and I could look for another club.”

The next chapter: Portadown FC 2005

LIKE thousands of young Irish footballers before and since, McStay came back from England with his Match of the Day dreams unfulfilled.

“It’s a very difficult thing when you’re released at the end of a season and there are several thousand other players in the same boat as you,” he explained.

“They’re all vying for contracts and going on trials, so it’s all up in the air.

“A lot of the boys in the Leeds reserve team had already been told they were going on trials from Christmas onward. But Leeds kept clinging on to a few of us, they were saying ‘oh there might be something there for you, or there might not’ but in the end they just said we were getting released.”

Unlike many, McStay had a Plan B. A capable student, he had heeded the club’s advice and continued his studies at Leeds and when Portadown manager Ronnie McFall came calling he decided to combine football with college.

"Henry McStay's a real good lad," said McFall.

“We were looking for a centre back and we knew he had come back home.

“We got in touch and signed him. He read the game well, he was comfortable on the ball and confident enough to bring it out of defence and get moves going. He was a good player.”

A few years previously, McFall had welcomed Wesley Boyle, an FA Youth Cup winner with Leeds, to Portadown. He understands how difficult it is for young players to return home and make their way in “the real world” when professional football hasn’t worked out.

"When they go over to England and it doesn’t work out they come back to the real world,” said McFall.

"They have to get themselves a job and start getting up at 7 o’clock in the morning when they’ve never worked before. When they come back here it’s a bit of a culture shock to them.

“But Henry has done super.”

In his first season at Shamrock Park, McStay enrolled at Belfast Met and by the end of the year he had been accepted onto a degree course at Sheffield University.

He studied there during the week and flew back home to play for Portadown at weekends and his form won him a third cap with the Republic of Ireland U21s.

St Mirren offered him a trial and while he was there Warren Joyce, former youth team manager at Leeds, rang to say he’d taken a job at Royal Antwerp in Belgium and wanted to sign him. McStay went on a two-year deal but played for just six months.

“It was quite difficult there, the main language is Flemish and I couldn’t get to grips with it,” he explained.

“Playing in Belgium was a great experience, it was just the fact that I was living on my own and couldn’t speak the language. Training was brilliant but then you went back to the house and you couldn’t really communicate with anybody else…

“Lucky enough the manager told me that Morecambe had been on the phone and I had a chance to go there.”

Back in the game: Morecambe FC 2008

NORTHERN Ireland legend Sammy McIlroy had been the man on the phone so McStay said “Vaarwel” to Antwerp and packed his bags for the north-west of England.

At the end of the 2007/08 season ‘the Shrimps’ signed him on a two-year deal and the 22-year-old flourished in the hurly burly of League Two.

But once again he planned ahead.

“I went back to do my degree in physiotherapy,” he explained.

“The PFA ran a course at Salford University and I was going three times a week doing that while I was still playing full-time rather than just sitting at home wasting my time.”

The end: The Riverside 2010

AS soon as he landed he knew something was wrong. McStay climbed to win a header against Middlesbrough and his knee “gave way” when he hit the Riverside turf. Scans showed that surgery was required and so he spent another six months on the sidelines, but this time there was no way back.

The offer of a new deal at Morecambe was shelved and McStay retreated to Portadown hoping for football and fitness.

“I was flying back at the weekends but my knee kept swelling up like a balloon every time I trained and I wasn’t able to compete at any decent standard. I wasn’t fit enough to get in the team.”

He retired aged 25.

A new beginning: Leeds United 2010

ONE door shuts and another opens. McStay might have cursed his luck as he hung up his boots but he channeled his frustration into carving out a new career.

He finished his degree and soon found himself back at Leeds working as a physio, first with the academy teams and now with the first team.

“I had no other choice, I had to call it a day and I went back to university and finished my degree and then I had the opportunity to come and work for Leeds,” he explained.

“I had kept in touch with some of the staff and the head physio Harvey Sharman was there when I was there as a player.

“When I qualified I started doing part-time work with some of the academy teams as physio and a job opportunity came up and I went full-time as a physiotherapist in the academy and I’ve been here ever since.

“I was promoted to the first team when Harvey left two and-a-half years ago to work in baseball in America.

“I’d always wanted to stay within football so this is probably the perfect job for me. It’s challenging at times with all the traveling and trying to get players fit and keep them fit, but it’s the next best thing to playing.

“I’m still involved in football, I always loved playing football and I love Leeds. My wife is from Leeds, my two boys are Leeds fans, and it was always my goal that when I stopped playing that I would come back and work in some capacity within the club.

“Obviously now that’s in the medical team and it’s a dream job for me and it’s very fulfilling.”

Marching on together: Leeds United 2018

IT’S never dull at Leeds United. A fortnight ago Paul Heckingbottom became the club’s seventh manager since 2014 after Thomas Cristiansen was sacked.

The club still has an Irish connection through Derry born Republic international Eunan O’Kane and Northern Ireland star Stuart Dallas. This season Conor O’Shaughnessy has broken into the first team while Eoghan Stokes has been around the fringes.

“There aren’t as many Irish as there used to be but we’re still well represented,” McStay explained.

“Over the last five or six years Leeds has based their recruitment of young players more on a local basis because of the financial restraints on the club.

“But the new ownership are now looking a bit further afield so hopefully in the future I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few Irish lads get the chance to come over.”

And despite disappointing results, McStay insists that the future is bright at Elland Road.

“Every year we’re getting better. Mr Radrizzani has come in and bought the club and everything is very positive,” he said.

“The club is being run right and it’s very exciting times. We’re pushing to get in the play-offs and setting high standards – it’s a good time to be working for Leeds United and hopefully we can get back to where we want to be because Leeds is a massive club and hopefully we’ll get back to where we belong in the Premier League.”

If everyone has Henry McStay’s mentality, Leeds United has a chance.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #303 på: September 09, 2018, 10:46:06 »
Forfatteren av traininggroundguru-artikkelen:

Simon Austin
@sport_simon
Would love to have seen at least one young British coach on Bielsa’s staff, as they would have learnt so much
---
Have a look at the U23s, you will find a few there. Tasked with replicating the 1st team.
---
Fair point, although the U23 coach is Spanish I think? Very strong Latin influence throughout the club now.
---
I know at least one young English coach on that coaching team.
---
Matt Jackson and Danny Schofield work with the u23’s, whom seemingly have the first team ethos and culture instilled in them.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #304 på: Februar 05, 2019, 12:17:22 »
Arran James Horton
@arranjhorton

Senior International Football Coach LUFC
(Working on a dream)

Noen som kjenner til han her?  :) Flyr verden rundt i privat jetfly og titulerer seg som Coach i Leeds United!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #305 på: Februar 05, 2019, 12:29:04 »
Arran James Horton
@arranjhorton

Senior International Football Coach LUFC
(Working on a dream)

Noen som kjenner til han her?  :) Flyr verden rundt i privat jetfly og titulerer seg som Coach i Leeds United!

Kanskje dette setter saken på kartet:

A kind gesture of thanks for our efforts with Duifu partner school this term. @LUFC & Official Chinese Youth Training Partner  @SportsLourdes working together to improve football in china. #LUFC

Radz bringing Football-Aid to the world!  ;D

« Siste redigering: Februar 05, 2019, 12:33:24 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #306 på: Mai 17, 2019, 17:54:25 »
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP

Phil Hay Retweeted Iain Williamson
Strikes the right tone this. He’s got a way with words, Kinnear - “a futile attempt to improve morale”

Iain Williamson
@LeedsLoyal1967

Class personified. Ups and downs indeed but I'll always be proud to be Leeds...

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #307 på: Mai 17, 2019, 18:23:27 »
Italiensk pizza for å heve moralen!!!  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #308 på: Mai 20, 2019, 23:55:53 »
Leeds scout Craig Dean attracting interest from Premier League and Championship clubs

By Simon Jones for MailOnline 11:43 20 May 2019, updated 11:43 20 May 2019
Several top clubs are monitoring developments with Leeds scout Craig Dean
Dean is building strong reputation for spotting top young players at Elland Road
He was understood to have recommended a push for Swansea's Daniel James
James is now expected to join Manchester United in the summer window
Premier League and rival Championship clubs are monitoring developments with Leeds United scout Craig Dean.

Dean, who has previously worked at Newcastle United and Oxford United, is head of emerging talent at Elland Road and is building a strong reputation for spotting top young players.

Dean was understood to have recommended Leeds' push for Swansea City's Daniel James back in January who is now expected to join Manchester United.

Several top clubs are monitoring developments with Leeds United scout Craig Dean
He was also instrumental in recruiting Tyler Roberts from West Brom for £2.5million.

The young Welsh forward is already proving that Leeds could treble their investment if they opted to sell.

The recruitment done by Dean and director of football Victor Orta behind the first team has not gone unnoticed by rival clubs as Leeds face big decisions over their managerial and coaching set up this week.

Dean was understood to have recommended a push for Swansea starlet Daniel James
He was also instrumental in recruiting Tyler Roberts from West Brom for £2.5million
Their Under 23s won the Professional Development League and have made an impact at first team level.

Talks are ongoing between the club and manager Marcelo Bielsa as they await to see whether he will remain following their Championship Play-off defeat to Derby County.

Yet keeping holding of Dean will also be high on the club's agenda.

Han fikset vel Sakho, Grot, O’Kean, Varney og Hunt også.....
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #309 på: Juni 03, 2019, 16:16:26 »
BritishWeightLifting
Verified account
@GBWeightLifting

We are delighted to announce the appointment of
@LUFC CEO Angus Kinnear as the new Independent Chairman of the Board http://bit.ly/2EMg1Vu

Sitat

Has he left us? Or is he moonlighting with this role?

Hay:

it’s a position alongside his job at Leeds. Somewhat leftfield, but still.

Sitat
Phil just knows everything man
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #310 på: Juni 03, 2019, 23:05:13 »
Leeds scout Craig Dean attracting interest from Premier League and Championship clubs

Dean is building strong reputation for spotting top young players at Elland Road
Premier League and rival Championship clubs are monitoring developments with Leeds United scout Craig Dean.

Dean, who has previously worked at Newcastle United and Oxford United, is head of emerging talent at Elland Road and is building a strong reputation for spotting top young players.

Dean was understood to have recommended Leeds' push for Swansea City's Daniel James back in January who is now expected to join Manchester United.

Several top clubs are monitoring developments with Leeds United scout Craig Dean
He was also instrumental in recruiting Tyler Roberts from West Brom for £2.5million.

The young Welsh forward is already proving that Leeds could treble their investment if they opted to sell.

The recruitment done by Dean and director of football Victor Orta behind the first team has not gone unnoticed by rival clubs as Leeds face big decisions over their managerial and coaching set up this week.

He was also instrumental in recruiting Tyler Roberts from West Brom for £2.5million
Their Under 23s won the Professional Development League and have made an impact at first team level.

Talks are ongoing between the club and manager Marcelo Bielsa as they await to see whether he will remain following their Championship Play-off defeat to Derby County.

Hvor tar du slike utsagn fra?  :o Grot ja, de andre garantert ikke.
"Formerly of Newcastle United and Oxford United, Dean has been Leeds' Head of Emerging Talent since 2017, helping bring promising young players to Elland Road.
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #311 på: Juni 03, 2019, 23:25:01 »

"Formerly of Newcastle United and Oxford United, Dean has been Leeds' Head of Emerging Talent since 2017, helping bring promising young players to Elland Road.

Jeg dro rett og slett en spøk! Noe som du korrekt avslørte, ja! Poenget er at mannen er ukjent for meg og sikkert noen til. Mener det er å koke suppe på en spiker hvis vi blir bekymret for at en kar i støtteapparatet som har tittelen Head of Emerging Talent forsvinner.

Arbeidet i Leeds med de oppvoksende slekter er langt mer enn 1 mann....
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #312 på: Juni 04, 2019, 01:35:52 »

Jeg dro rett og slett en spøk! Noe som du korrekt avslørte, ja! Poenget er at mannen er ukjent for meg og sikkert noen til. Mener det er å koke suppe på en spiker hvis vi blir bekymret for at en kar i støtteapparatet som har tittelen Head of Emerging Talent forsvinner.

Arbeidet i Leeds med de oppvoksende slekter er langt mer enn 1 mann....
Kan ikke se at noen har utrykket voldsom bekymring her.  ;)
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #313 på: Juni 09, 2019, 19:28:52 »
Ups og ups. Nå forsvinner kanskje Carlos Corberan til Leeds' samarbeidsklubb i Spania, Cultural Leonesa. Tilbudt stillingen som manager der.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/cultural-leonesa-make-approach-to-appoint-leeds-united-coach-carlos-corberan-as-new-manager-1-9812311
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #314 på: Juni 09, 2019, 20:37:59 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #315 på: Juni 09, 2019, 20:50:22 »
Ups og ups. Nå forsvinner kanskje Carlos Corberan til Leeds' samarbeidsklubb i Spania, Cultural Leonesa. Tilbudt stillingen som manager der.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/cultural-leonesa-make-approach-to-appoint-leeds-united-coach-carlos-corberan-as-new-manager-1-9812311

Glem det
For Corberan:
Pro:
- managererfaring (kan komme tilbake til Leeds med erfaring i å lede 'førstelag') - slikt kan man bake inn i kontrakten

Con:
- mister muligheten til å arbeide tett med Bielsa

Jeg tror at for Corberan er alternativene så 'enkle'...
Jeg er også spent på om U23 er såå Corberan-avhengig som media fremstiller det, er der andre i kulissene med vel så stor innflytelse??? Det tror jeg, samtidig som jeg ikke skal ta fra Corberan det han som 'frontfigur' har klart. Det kan være tøft å stå fremst... Første halvåret hans i Leeds var tap på tap på tap... Så om man ikke så bak resultatene var det begredelige greier...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #316 på: Juni 12, 2019, 10:12:35 »
Leeds' keepertrener, Marcos Abad, signerer ny kontrakt med klubben. Elche var visstnok interessert i å hente han.

https://tbrfootball.com/report-33-year-old-signs-leeds-deal-amid-interest-from-spanish-side/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #317 på: Juni 14, 2019, 15:56:07 »
Beren Cross er 'Leeds Live':

Beren Cross
Verified account
@BerenCross

Carlos Corberan will not be leaving Leeds United for Cultural Leonesa. Jose Manuel Aira will return to the Spanish club as head coach. #lufc
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #318 på: Juli 01, 2019, 15:49:00 »
Member of backroom team to pursue new opportunity.

Paul Evans will leave his role as masseur at Leeds United this weekend after deciding to pursue a new career opportunity.

Former Brentford midfielder Evans has been an important member of the backroom staff at Thorp Arch for six years and he will be missed by everyone connected with the club.

Captain Liam Cooper said: “Not only has Evo been incredibly professional and helped us all over the years, but he’s also been a good friend to all of the players and staff at the club - whilst we will miss him, we respect his decision and wish him all the best for the future.”

Everyone at Leeds United joins Liam in wishing Paul every success in the future, he will always be welcome at Elland Road.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #319 på: Juli 11, 2019, 08:58:48 »
Hvordan klarer Leeds United alltid å skape disse talentene?

So anyone know who's actually the mastermind behind the Leeds young player breeding / cloning programme? The positivity & numbers churned out are impressive. Shall we say Corberan / Jackson?

Terry Potter does an incredible job. Unsung hero. There’s barely in Yorkshire that he doesn’t know about. He’s been there years.

Andy Wood is a gem as well.

He’s the one who tells players wether you make it here is down to you no one else

Lovely man Terry, great knowledge too

Quality of coaches is very good.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #320 på: Juli 11, 2019, 09:08:16 »
Hvordan klarer Leeds United alltid å skape disse talentene?

So anyone know who's actually the mastermind behind the Leeds young player breeding / cloning programme? The positivity & numbers churned out are impressive. Shall we say Corberan / Jackson?

Terry Potter does an incredible job. Unsung hero. There’s barely in Yorkshire that he doesn’t know about. He’s been there years.

Andy Wood is a gem as well.

He’s the one who tells players wether you make it here is down to you no one else

Lovely man Terry, great knowledge too

Quality of coaches is very good.
Det er i alle fall for enkelt å si 'Neil Redfearn' eller 'Carlos Corberan'.
Selvfølgelig gjorde/gjør disse en fenomenal jobb, men jeg liker at noen er i stand til å nevne viktige navn lenger 'inne' i systemet.

For dette er kvalitetsarbeid over tid.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #321 på: Juli 24, 2019, 08:50:09 »
Så får vi en troverdig kilde på hvorfor Lamrani sluttet:

Adam Pope
@apopey

He has gone back to teach at University so will not be translating this season for Bielsa.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #322 på: August 12, 2019, 22:13:04 »
Lamrani i serien hans om minner fra Leeds:

Lastly, Salim Lamrani has been running through some of the backroom staff; no stories, just nicknames: Rubén "El Amigo" Crespo, Benoît "Mon Frérot" Delaval, Rob "The Best" Price. Feels a bit half-hearted compared to his best efforts but I guess he'll be busy again soon, ignoring Freshers Week while he's in the library reading about Castro.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #323 på: Oktober 10, 2019, 17:39:36 »
Leeds har ansatt Simone Farina som en "låne-manager". Hans jobb er å følge opp Leeds' utlånte spillere.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/10/10/victor-orta-confirms-simone-farina-has-joined-leeds-united/

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #324 på: November 20, 2019, 09:48:45 »
Adam Pope
@apopey

I understand that Andy Foster will be named as the club’s new head of Academy coaching after Richard Cresswell’s departure in the summer. He is well thought of in coaching circles. He joins from Middlesbrough and has a FA background as a National Coach Developer. #lufc

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #325 på: Januar 14, 2020, 18:42:45 »
I dag bekrefter Phil Hay det mange fikk en anelse om i våres, om hvorfor Salim Lamrani dro:

Sitat
Would really love to see Phil do an in depth piece on Salim, a really interesting, intelligent,  and very likable guy

Phil Hay
I've contacted him but he wasn't willing to speak. It went a bit sour between him and Bielsa last season, which is why he left.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

asbfjell

« Svar #326 på: Januar 15, 2020, 10:15:35 »
I dag bekrefter Phil Hay det mange fikk en anelse om i våres, om hvorfor Salim Lamrani dro:

Sitat
Would really love to see Phil do an in depth piece on Salim, a really interesting, intelligent,  and very likable guy

Phil Hay
I've contacted him but he wasn't willing to speak. It went a bit sour between him and Bielsa last season, which is why he left.

Ja, de fleste forsto vel etterhvert at det måtte være noe sånt som var grunnen til at han forsvant...

Tok Salim for mye plass?
Var i allefall ikke vanskelig å se at han trivdes i spotlight'en - som en slags tolketjenestens utgave av Pontus Jansson.

Det var uansett synd at Salim sluttet, for han var en bra tolk.
Han som har overtatt jobben er ikke nærheten av samme nivå. Nå er det ofte så dårlig at det er direkte pinlig å høre på.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #327 på: Januar 20, 2020, 14:11:04 »
Duv erden :)
Salim har skrevet bok :o
(det er broder Bielsa, eks-utenriksministeren, han takker i tweeten)
Edith: Og det gjør han fordi Rafael har en innledning i begynnelsen av boken :o )

Salim Lamrani
@SalimLamraniOff

My point of view on football, Leeds United, Marcelo Bielsa, and Cuba.
Hopefully, in a few weeks, my book on my unforgettable experience at LUFC will come out.
Many thanks to Rafael Bielsa
MOT

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportes/futbol/la-intimidad-marcelo-bielsa-su-ex-traductor-nid2325438
« Siste redigering: Januar 20, 2020, 15:42:17 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Runar

« Svar #328 på: Januar 20, 2020, 15:03:23 »
"i England, bortsett fra Pep Guardiola, José Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti og Jürgen Klopp, ingen aktiv tekniker har flere pokaler enn Bielsa. Og det må huskes at, bortsett fra i det argentinske landslaget, har Bielsa alltid dirigert lag med beskjedne tropper. "

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #329 på: Januar 31, 2020, 22:10:54 »
Leeds director of football Victor Orta and head of media and communications James Mooney have been charged with breaching Football Association rules.

The charges relate to two separate incidents in the tunnel at half-time during Tuesday's 3-2 win over Millwall at Elland Road.

It is alleged Orta's language and/or behaviour amounted to improper conduct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51329137