Skrevet av Emne: Kamp: vs Millwall @ The Den, lørdag 9/8 2014, kl 16.00  (Lest 59906 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Rudi G.

• Gjest
Sv: Kamp: vs Millwall @ The Den, lørdag 9/8 2014, kl 16.00
« Svar #330 på: August 11, 2014, 18:23:11 »
Men må si at ut ifra highlights på LUTV så er det laaaaangt ifra så svart som mange skal ha det til her inne. Vi hadde flere sjangser, og når Hockaday sier i post-match interview at det ikke hadde vært fryktelig ufortjent å dra hjem med ett poeng eller 3, så har han egentlig rett. Våre sjangser var store, og Millwall kom egentlig ikke til store greiene. Den daglige markeringssvikten fra Wootton og en feildømt straffe var alt som gjorde forskjellen.

Med Bianchi og en midtstopper ser dette bedre ut!

Ikke sant? :)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #331 på: August 11, 2014, 18:46:15 »
Wotton må nesten karaktiseres som tidenes bomkjøp når man vet hvor mye han kosta oss. Helt utrolig at den mannen har spilt kamper under Ferguson i scum! Alle er enige om at han må bort ser det ut til. Kunne sikkert like gjerne spilt med 10 mann fra start og blitt bedre av det så dårlig som han er. Vi startet i grunn med 9 mann mot Millwall og en Austin som etter rapportene også var grusom dårlig, men i motsetning til Hunt og Wotton så kan faktisk Austin ha en god kamp i ny og ne...

Det var ikke mange, en av de jeg husker var vel 5-4 seier eller tap for Chelsea. Joda, mange mål med ham på banen!   :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #332 på: August 11, 2014, 18:53:10 »
Ærlig kaptein Pearce:

Leeds United: Pearce shocked by Leeds display
by Phil Hay
Published on the
11 August
06:05

Jason Pearce voiced his disappointment and said Leeds United’s performance had come as a “big shock” to him after their first game of the new season ended in a 2-0 defeat at Millwall.

The centre-back, who captained Leeds in London, delivered a brutally honest assessment of Saturday’s result at The Den, saying United’s display “wasn’t good enough” and admitting the team “didn’t look right up for it.”

Leeds were beaten by goals from Mark Beevers and Shaun Williams, the first coming on eight minutes and the second scored from the penalty spot late in the game.

United struggled to impose themselves before half-time but came into the match after the interval and had several chances to claim a point, the best falling to Noel Hunt in the 47th minute.

But Williams’ late penalty – converted after a foul by youngster Lewis Cook on Lee Gregory – put the result beyond doubt and Pearce said: “I’m massively disappointed.

“We’ve worked really hard and we felt we’d come on strides with the way we were playing so this is a big shock. We’re really disappointed as a team.

“We thought we were ready but personally I didn’t think we looked right up for it.

“I don’t think we were right as a team. They looked better than us, especially in the first half.

“There are lots of new faces here but it wasn’t good enough. I don’t think we showed what we’re about.

“But we’ve got to stick together and go again.”

Head coach David Hockaday started three of Leeds’ seven summer signings while also handing 17-year-old Cook his senior debut as a substitute in the second half.

United’s most dominant spell came shortly before Williams killed the game on 87 minutes and Hockaday, like Pearce, blamed the performance before half-time for Leeds’ defeat.

“We didn’t handle the occasion in the first half but in the second we were better,” Hockaday said.

“We had chances and you’ve got to take your chances. 
We didn’t so we’ve only got

ourselves to blame.” Leeds are still to officially name a new club captain and a successor to Ross McCormack but Pearce carried the armband for most of pre-season and led the team on Saturday.

“It’s a great honour, I want to be captain and I’ll try to galvanise the team,” he said.

Pearce also spoke out in support of Hockaday, saying: “The gaffer’s come in and people have said they don’t know who he is and stuff like that but he’s had a great effect on the lads.

“He’s got us together and we do feel like we’re a team. We haven’t show that here but we’ll go away and look at what we can improve.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

GeirO

« Svar #333 på: August 13, 2014, 21:41:19 »
Kanskje kan denne kampen bety at Cellino kjøper inn mer enn planlagt :)

Dette stemte vel noenlunde så langt, more to come....
MOT

Jon R

« Svar #334 på: August 13, 2014, 21:46:15 »
Noen ganger må ting bli verre før det blir bedre....
Jon R.