Skrevet av Emne: EX-SPILLER: Ronaldo Vieira  (Lest 47350 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Leedsfan

Sv: SPILLER: Ronaldo Vieira
« Svar #60 på: Januar 14, 2017, 10:33:13 »
Når jeg ser på dagens lag så tenker jeg litt på hvem som kan ta steget slik at vi blir en god PL-klubb og ikke en som må kjempe for å unngå nedrykk år etter år, og denne karen er en av de. Jeg blir så imponert hver gang jeg ser han spille.

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Jon R

« Svar #61 på: Januar 14, 2017, 11:09:14 »
Fantastisk kamp. I det ene øyeblikket leker han seg som Ronaldo, i det neste vinner han baller og starter angrep som Vieira. Nå må han snart se å bestemme seg.   ;D
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #62 på: Januar 14, 2017, 11:19:00 »
Fantastisk kamp. I det ene øyeblikket leker han seg som Ronaldo, i det neste vinner han baller og starter angrep som Vieira. Nå må han snart se å bestemme seg.   ;D

Den var fin:) En diamant som ser mer og mer slepen ut for hver kamp!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Kato

« Svar #63 på: Januar 14, 2017, 11:23:27 »
I tillegg en vanvittig motor. Blir sikkert noe opp og ned. Men fortsetter han sutviklingen slik den har vært senhøstes og i går, er han et soleklart valg i elleveren.

stian

« Svar #64 på: Januar 14, 2017, 11:48:01 »
Sjekk Steve McClarens omtaler av Ronaldo Vieira etter gårsdagens kamp :D :D :

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/derby-boss-mcclaren-praises-leeds-man-ran-show/

Nørgaard

« Svar #65 på: Januar 14, 2017, 11:49:17 »
Giv knægten en lang kontrakt ellers smutter han snart

Promotion 2010

« Svar #66 på: Januar 18, 2017, 12:09:12 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-tyro-ronaldo-vieira-can-go-all-the-way-to-top-says-former-coach-1-8339269

Leeds United tyro Ronaldo Vieira can go all the way to top, says former coach Ronaldo Vieira 07:3009:56Wednesday 18 January 2017 9 HAVE YOUR SAY Leeds United’s teenage midfielder, named after the Brazilian legend, is rapidly making a name for himself in the game. Phil Hay spoke to Simon Collins, the man who helped nurture the Africa-born rising star.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-tyro-ronaldo-vieira-can-go-all-the-way-to-top-says-former-coach-1-8339269
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #67 på: Januar 18, 2017, 12:20:39 »
Hele artikkelen er verd å lese:

Leeds United tyro Ronaldo Vieira can go all the way to top, says former coach

Ronaldo Vieira

07:3009:56Wednesday 18 January 2017 9 HAVE YOUR SAY

Leeds United’s teenage midfielder, named after the Brazilian legend, is rapidly making a name for himself in the game. Phil Hay spoke to Simon Collins, the man who helped nurture the Africa-born rising star. The story of how Ronaldo Vieira found his way to Leeds United would be incomplete without any reference to the clubs who said no. Manchester City were first to look at him and his twin brother Romario without taking them on. Hull City liked Ronaldo but refused to fund the cost of his travel from Leeds. A short trial at Barnsley was another dead end. Football is strangely subjective and even Billy Bremner, Leeds’ most iconic player, waded through the demoralising experience of Arsenal and Chelsea rejecting him on the grounds of height before sticking his studs in their throats but Vieira was in danger of being lost to the game three years ago.

This is the boy who spoke precious little English when his family emigrated from Portugal in 2011. This is the boy who was 17 when Leeds finally picked him up. Even the Vieiras’ relocation to England was a decision based on circumstance rather than choice. Ronaldo has talked of his father struggling to find work at a time of economic strife in Portugal and of his mum holding down two jobs to pay for their keep. Born in Guinea-Bissau in West Africa, he and his brother found a way into Benfica’s youngest youth teams but left Lisbon before Benfica could make anything of them. Simon Collins, once a development coach with Leeds and at the time a member of Manchester City’s staff, encountered the Vieira twins a year or so after they settled in Yorkshire.

He remembers Romario as “the organiser, the one who spoke a bit of English, the one who got them from here to there”. He remembers being told how he was “taking the p***” when he informed a colleague about two talented Portuguese teenagers with names to die for. The brothers were playing for Batley Phoenix in the Huddersfield Junior League and earned the chance to trial for Manchester City at a development centre set up by City at Thomas Danby College. “It didn’t work out,” Collins says, “but I was running an Under-15s team at Wortley Juniors so I suggested they come and train with us. They were Under-13s, two years younger than everyone else, but it didn’t matter. The two of them were fantastic. “Ronaldo spoke little or no English and Romario only spoke a bit. Romario was the organiser and they needed organising. They were living in Birstall, just off the M621, so getting to training meant taxis, buses, all of that.

It was like that for them right up until Leeds took them on.” Collins left Wortley Juniors and for a short time, in his words, the Vieiras fizzled out. But in 2014, Inspire 2 Independence – a company establish with the original aim of finding work for the unemployed – created the i2i Football Academy in York, a training centre based at and allied with York College. Mike Morton, who had also worked previously with Leeds and Manchester City, took the role of head of academy and Collins joined as head coach. They combined those jobs with running the first team at non-league Tadcaster Albion. “I’d kept in touch with the boys (the Vieiras) via social media,” Collins says. “I told Mike I knew these two Portuguese kids who’d be worth having a look at. I told him their first names and he said ‘you’re taking the p***.’ I told him their second name and he told me to get out.”

The Vieiras’ parents were football fanatics and obsessed with the Brazilian game. “The boys were born in 1998, the year of the World Cup in France,” Collins says. “Ronaldo was the best player in the world at the time. I suppose it was obvious to call the other one Romario.” The Vieiras had moved from Birstall to Gipton by then and the brothers were attending the Co-operative Academy school, not far off the A64 in central Leeds. Collins’ commute from Headingley to York allowed him to drive them through. Alongside their coaching with i2i, Ronaldo and Romario began business courses at York College. Ronaldo completed his before turning professional with Leeds last year.

Romario gravitated to a sports-related course. “I’d say Ronaldo was the more academic,” Collins said, “but it was all a big commitment for them. They’d be leaving at seven, half-seven in the morning to get through to York for nine. Sometimes we’d train until 6 o’clock on a Friday evening and after that they’d have to jump on a bus home. The plan at i2i is to make sure we do no less than 10 to 15 hours coaching a week. Any less than that just isn’t enough.” The point of i2i’s scheme is to offer academy-style coaching to players outwith the professional system and players who have been cast aside by it. At a younger age, Collins and Morton both felt Romario was a better player than Ronaldo; “more dynamic than Ronaldo who liked to keep it simple,” Collins recalls. “What Romario struggled with was growing. Ronaldo developed really quickly and almost became a man overnight. Romario found the change in his body more difficult and struggled a bit more with co-ordination, that sort of thing. But I think he’s come out the other side of that now.”

Ronaldo spent two years with i2i before a short trial with Leeds earned him a scholarship. By then, Barnsley and Hull had cast their eye over him but decided not to bother. “Barnsley said no,” Collins says. “With Hull it was more down to the fact that they weren’t willing to pay for his travel. I think they were keen but it wasn’t really possible for him to get there without some help. “York City wanted him but they didn’t have an Under-21s team and by that stage we felt that he would be able to play in the Championship anyway.

Leeds took him on, liked him straight away, and signed him up.” Ronaldo was tied to a two-year scholarship in 2015 but did not get 12 months through that deal before Leeds gave him a senior contract. He turned professional on May 5, 2016 and made his debut as a substitute away at Preston North End two days later, the last game of Steve Evans’ reign as head coach. “We were at that game,” Collins says. “It gave me chills down my back watching a player who had worked with us coming on in the Championship.” He felt the same when he sat down in front of the television for the second half of Leeds’ 1-0 win over Derby last Friday. Vieira was bombastic and Derby manager Steve McClaren summed up the 18-year-old’s performance in the centre of midfield in two words. “Vieira. Wow.” “When we first set all this up at i2i I think the ultimate goal was to see one of our players on live TV in a game like that,” Collins says.

Throughout their lives, from street football in Guinea-Bissau to the structure of Thorp Arch, the Vieira brothers have gone hand-in-hand. Romario followed Ronaldo into the academy at Thorp Arch and when the latter agreed an improved contract last September, Romario signed his first professional deal on the same day. Ex-Leeds striker Richard Cresswell acts for i2i as one of their agents. Romario, a holding midfielder, showed enough talent in his younger years for Collins to think that he can do what his exceptional twin is doing now. His twin is so exceptional and so highly rated by the likes of McClaren that Leeds might find themselves offering Ronaldo another contract before long.

On Monday, the brothers made time to attend an open day held by the i2i academy at York College and took part in a question-and-answer session with other potential recruits. Ronaldo, who in the past has named Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos as a role model (“as soon as he gets the ball he knows what he’s wanting to do. Before every game I look at a couple of his clips”), proves the point that professional academies are not the only gateway to the Football League or beyond, “What we try to say to these players, especially those who’ve been in club academies and then left, is that it doesn’t have to be the end for them,” Collins said. “They’re still young enough to find a career in football. I don’t know if Ronaldo or Romario thought it would happen but we wanted to help them and they were willing to help themselves.” As stories go, this is one to follow.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-tyro-ronaldo-vieira-can-go-all-the-way-to-top-says-former-coach-1-8339269
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #68 på: Januar 18, 2017, 16:10:28 »
Hull gadd ikke betale for reiseutgiftene til gutten. Vel, kjiphet kan koste dyrt. Vi i Leeds takker og bukker.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Leedsfan

« Svar #69 på: Februar 03, 2017, 12:09:42 »
Spiller vi bedre som oftest med denne karen på midtbanen? Har sett han usynlig, men som oftest er han jo knallgod.

auren

« Svar #70 på: Februar 03, 2017, 12:16:31 »
Spiller vi bedre som oftest med denne karen på midtbanen? Har sett han usynlig, men som oftest er han jo knallgod.

Vi trenger hans kraft og duellstyrke mot Huddersfield. Redd vi taper midtbanen med O'Kane i tospann med Bridcutt på søndag...

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

HåvardK

« Svar #71 på: Februar 03, 2017, 20:47:35 »

Vi trenger hans kraft og duellstyrke mot Huddersfield. Redd vi taper midtbanen med O'Kane i tospann med Bridcutt på søndag...

auren
Nå er vel ikke O´Kane noen pingle, men jeg ser poenget ditt. Tviler dog på at Vieira starter.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #72 på: Mars 21, 2017, 18:01:05 »
Simon O'Rourke‏ @simon_orourke  33m
33 minutes ago
Crazy to think that of our central midfielders, Vieira has the most minutes on the pitch in league games (1694). At just 18.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #73 på: April 29, 2017, 22:21:40 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #74 på: April 29, 2017, 22:27:10 »
Vieira var vel omtrent uten konkurranse om denne tittelen.

Utrolig fortjent.
Super Leeds since 1968

Dennis

« Svar #75 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:34:23 »
Fire årskontrakt med Vieira!

Viser intensjoner!
Marching on together!

Sydhagen

« Svar #76 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:41:55 »

Viser intensjoner!

Fantastisk!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #77 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:42:36 »

Viser intensjoner!

Beste kontrakten vi har skrevet på det jeg kan huske.

Sydhagen

« Svar #78 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:43:25 »

Viser intensjoner!

Nå må du ikke glemme 4-års kontrakten til Luke Murphy!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Dennis

« Svar #79 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:45:46 »
Rettelse: Vieira skreiv under på én fireårskontrakt, ikke fire årskontrakter. My bad
Marching on together!

Xern

« Svar #80 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:48:04 »
Fantastisk!!
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #81 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:49:33 »
Tommel opp :)

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #82 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:50:51 »

Viser intensjoner!

?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #83 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:54:39 »

Viser intensjoner!

?
Bjørnar, tror ikke Rudi henger med i svingene :D :D :D

(det var noen av oss som var virkelig fornøyd med at vi hadde sikret oss Luken for så lang tid fremover).

...RV er et par steg opp i klasse :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sydhagen

« Svar #84 på: Mai 24, 2017, 17:56:09 »

Viser intensjoner!

?

Hehe, en liten ironi :D
Var vel den eneste virkelige langtidskontrakten som ble signert under Cellino. Har vel omtrent ikke spilt en kamp siden..

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #85 på: Mai 24, 2017, 18:11:00 »

Viser intensjoner!

?

Hehe, en liten ironi :D
Var vel den eneste virkelige langtidskontrakten som ble signert under Cellino. Har vel omtrent ikke spilt en kamp siden..

Med beste kontrakten mente jeg kvaliteten og talentet til Ronaldo, kan bli vår nye Batty, bare nevner det slik at det er protokollført :)

Hallgeir *

« Svar #86 på: Mai 24, 2017, 18:16:59 »
Virkelig gode nyheter.  :)

Gutten er jo allerede en hit og kommer til å få en knall-sesong.
Super Leeds since 1968

Dennis

« Svar #87 på: Mai 24, 2017, 18:18:32 »
Det er en liten bit av et stort puslespill Radrizzani må legge. Bravo, Orta og Kinnear er/kan være andre.

Uansett er det vel konsensus om at dette er en klar, positiv indikasjon på hvor Radrizzani ønsker å ta Leeds United videre. Vi har ikke akkurat vært bortskjemt med langtidskontrakter med de yngre talentene i klubben. Både Bates og Cellino så på disse som vandrende striesekker med pund-tegn på.

Var positiv før dagen i dag og ble enda mer så i kveld!
Marching on together!

Bromancer

« Svar #88 på: Mai 24, 2017, 18:51:15 »
Herlige nyheter dette  :D

Torpe-do

« Svar #89 på: Mai 24, 2017, 20:03:56 »
Veldig bra. Bra rekkefølge på ting nå, syns jeg.

- 100% overtagelse
- Samme dag (dagen etter?) - utløse forlengelsen med Monk
- Dagen etter (?) forlengelse av kontrakten til Vieira.

Ting skjer. Gode ting  :)