Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Kemar Roofe  (Lest 106810 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Kemar Roofe
« Svar #210 på: August 19, 2018, 12:52:10 »
Roofe har nå tre mål på like mange kamper. Han har vel kommet like godt igang som Chris Wood gjorde i sin siste hele sesong for Leeds.

Kanskje bikker han 20 scoringer likevel? Jeg hadde ingen forhåpninger om det før sesongstart.

Startet 30 kamper og skåret 14 mål i liga og cup i fjor. I tillegg spilte han mye kant!

Han putta vel 28 for Oxford sesongen før han kom til oss!

Roof har potensiale han!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #211 på: August 19, 2018, 22:03:30 »
Leeds United: Roofe gets support from rival front man

Published: 18:48 Sunday 19 August 2018
Before he walked out for Saturday’s win over Rotherham United, Kemar Roofe had Patrick Bamford in his ear telling him to “be more selfish” with the ball. Roofe’s hot streak of finishing might be pinning Bamford to the bench but their relationship is falling on the right side of the competitive line.

Bamford spoke of his ambition of being the “main man” at Leeds, the club’s established number nine, when United paid £7m to sign him from Middlesbrough but his first few weeks at Elland Road have cast him in a supporting role, behind the in-form Roofe.

It is Bamford, nonetheless, urging his fellow forward to take every chance he can to increase his tally of goals further. Roofe delivered in the 71st minute, wrapping up a 2-0 victory against Rotherham with a sweet finish at the end of a brilliant Leeds attack. A week after claiming a lethal brace at Derby County, the former Oxford United striker stole the show again. Bamford has seen all of 21 minutes in the Championship so far this season, waiting patiently for a chance which might take some time to come if Roofe’s maintains his form.

“It’s healthy competition, there’s nothing bad,” Roofe said. “I got words from Patrick before the game – ‘be more selfish’ – and people say we’re meant to be competing against each other. He wants me to score. Kemar Roofe. PIC: Bruce Rollinson “That’s the same with everybody. We just want to win games as a squad. There’s no pressure because if I don’t score someone else will score. It’s ‘as long as we win’.”

Roofe was a £3m signing in 2016, at a time when £3m represented a major fee for Leeds. Goals refused to come regularly in his first season but he finished last term as United’s top scorer and is raising his performance level again under Marcelo Bielsa. “I’m just trying to do my bit for the team,” he said. “I’ve watched games back and there are areas where I’m disappointed, where I can improve.“The good thing is that with the gaffer and coaching staff, they put clips together of our performances and tell us where we are going wrong. They also show you where you’re doing well.

“I will need to watch (his goal against Rotherham) back because when I’m in the game I don’t remember what actually happens. I’m in the zone. But when I watch it back I probably will be impressed.”Leeds hold the only 100 per cent record in the Championship after three games. They will play another unbeaten side, Swansea City, at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow night, their first visit there for more than seven years.

Bielsa’s squad face a demanding schedule, with their trip to Wales followed by another long journey to Norwich City on Saturday. United’s boss has maintained an unchanged line-up in all three Championship matches so far but is likely to rotate players over the course of a hard week.Speaking at the end of the win over Rotherham, Roofe said attention would turn quickly to Swansea. He said: “That’s the thing, the momentum and the winning mentality. It’s to keep doing it.“Forget about this game, forget about the other games because they don’t mean anything now. It’s about Swansea and what we actually put out on the pitch at Swansea.”

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-roofe-gets-support-from-rival-front-man-1-9309261
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #212 på: August 30, 2018, 19:36:57 »
Igrunn glad for at vi ikke solgte Roofe og erstattet han med feks denne 15 mill pund mannen.  ;)

Roofe bedre på absolutt alle viktigste parametre.  ;)

Jon R.

leedslife

« Svar #213 på: August 30, 2018, 19:43:21 »
Igrunn glad for at vi ikke solgte Roofe og erstattet han med feks denne 15 mill pund mannen.  ;)

Roofe bedre på absolutt alle viktigste parametre.  ;)

8) 8)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #214 på: August 31, 2018, 16:21:28 »
Kemar Roofe on Marcelo Bielsa, League Two and Mark Viduka

Watch Leeds v Middlesbrough live on Sky Sports Football from 7pm on Friday

Leeds have got used to having good starts in recent years, but something about this season feels a little bit different.

The reason? Marcelo Bielsa. The world-renowned coach has found himself at Elland Road and so far brought the best out of most of his squad, with Kemar Roofe benefiting in particular.

The forward has turned into Bielsa's outright No 9 at Leeds this season, keeping summer signing Patrick Bamford on the bench and scoring four times in five games to fire the club to the top of the Sky Bet Championship table.

Latest Sky Bet odds

Check out all the latest Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two odds here...

"We've had good starts in the past and tailed off at the end so hopefully this season we can maintain it," Roofe told Sky Sports ahead of Leeds' clash with Middlesbrough on Friday night.

"I think what he's done is he's studied our previous seasons in detail and he's identified our strengths and weaknesses. Then every day on the training field he designs every session to improve on our weaknesses. If we've done something not so good in a game then the following week he'll find a way to address it and better us.

"This pre-season was the hardest I've ever done. His staff are top quality as well and the work and detail they've put in are amazing. It's opened all our minds on what we have to do.

"There are translators and some of the coaches speak English, but at the time we kind of know what he's saying already. If he's pointing or if we know we've done something wrong or something right he'll say it in Spanish and we'll understand it."

There could barely be a bigger contrast between Leeds' last two managers. Paul Heckingbottom arrived from down the road in Barnsley, only to be dismissed after just a few months in charge, while Bielsa has been coaching around the world for decades, influencing the likes of Pep Guardiola and Mauricio Pochettino. It was an appointment that excited Roofe right from the off.

"Obviously the natural thing is to do your research and find out a bit more about what he's like and who he's worked with," he said.

"One of my favourite players is Alexis Sanchez so as soon as I found out he was the Chile head coach I was excited. If he's worked with him he'll know his strengths and then hopefully he can pass it onto me.

"His style and tactics suit the strengths of a lot of our players. We're not the biggest side so what's the point in playing long balls?"

Like many young English players now, Roofe was forced to look beyond the Premier League for first-team football after failing to make an appearance for West Brom.

At the start of the 2015/16 season, he made the drop down to League Two after impressing in a loan stint there with Oxford, scoring 26 times across all competitions to earn a move to Leeds.

It's a similar story to plenty of the stars of England's World Cup campaign, who improved due to battling their way through the lower leagues.

"If you're a young player at a Premier League team and you're not playing, it's difficult," said Roofe. "It's tough for young players in the Premier League now because managers are under so much pressure to get results, which is understandable, so you have to look for another option.

"For me, that was League Two and Oxford. I knew the manager there Michael Appleton and I was in good hands. There's no glitz or glamour down there and it hardened me. The opposition are there to take the ball off you, put you on the floor and score themselves."

For Roofe, the aim is the Premier League. But he wants to get there as much for the club as he does for himself.

He admits his own memories of Leeds in the top flight are a little vague, but there is one club legend who stands out in his mind from those days.

"Everywhere you go you see a Leeds fan and you know what promotion would mean for the area and the club," he said. "I think that's why everyone who comes here loves it.

"I do remember bits but when I was younger I was more bothered about playing, or if I was watching it was just about the skills or goals.

"One player I do remember though is Mark Viduka and his goalscoring ability. Hopefully I can try and replicate some of that this season."

If Roofe can replicate just a bit of what the Australian brought to Elland Road, then they might just have a chance this season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/11485725/kemar-roofe-on-marcelo-bielsa-league-two-and-mark-viduka
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #215 på: September 07, 2018, 07:16:32 »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #216 på: September 07, 2018, 14:47:27 »
Lufcdata

Kemar Roofe in the @SkybetChamp in August 2018:

93 passes
79% pass accuracy
9 chances created
9 crosses
7 shots on-target
7 times fouled
6 tackles won
6 clearances
5 wins
5 blocks
4 goals
2 assists
1 Championship POTM award

Well deserved @roofe39  #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

raggen

« Svar #217 på: September 07, 2018, 16:24:08 »
vel fortjent!! ;D
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #218 på: September 12, 2018, 14:52:58 »
Kemar Roofe: A late developer with an appetite for self-improvement

Roofe was let go by West Brom but he is shining for Sky Bet Championship leaders Leeds

Watch Kemar Roofe's goals for Leeds this season
Kemar Roofe is leading the charge for Leeds under Marcelo Bielsa, with four goals in six appearances so far. Nick Wright speaks to his former coaches to find out how he overcame a tough start to his career to become one of the stars of the Sky Bet Championship.

On the long drives to away games during his time in charge of Oxford United, Michael Appleton would sometimes take a stroll down the team coach to check on his players. Most would have their heads buried in flickering laptop screens, he recalls, but not all of them would be watching a Netflix series or the latest episode of Love Island.

Latest Sky Bet odds

Check out all the latest Sky Bet Championship odds from Sky Bet here...

For Kemar Roofe, the young forward Appleton first worked with in West Brom's academy, it was more likely to be a video of one of his goalscoring idols. "Kemar used to get a little bit of stick from the lads because a lot of times you would find him at the back of the coach watching videos of the top strikers scoring goals," Appleton tells Sky Sports.

"He would watch goals scored by Thierry Henry over and over again, particularly those trademark ones where he cut in from the left-hand side and bent it around the goalkeeper. He used to watch them and then pre-visualise scoring opportunities in games. Given the choice, not many players would bother with that. But those little things helped him."

During the 2016/17 season, when Roofe helped Oxford win promotion from League Two, Appleton estimates that as many as 10 of his 26 goals came from that same inside-left position, the most notable of which put them 2-1 up in a memorable FA Cup win over Swansea. "That was a big strength of Kemar's," says Appleton, "he always wanted to better himself."

Roofe's constant drive for self-improvement has been a defining feature of his career and it can now be seen at Leeds United in the Championship. The 25-year-old, signed from Oxford for £3m back in 2016, has flourished under Marcelo Bielsa, contributing four goals and two assists in six appearances and winning the player of the month award for August.

Roofe poses with the player of the month award
Roofe poses with the player of the month award
Roofe has made it all look effortless at times this season, his speed, movement and finishing ability keeping summer signing Patrick Bamford out of the team and giving Bielsa's side a clinical edge up front, but his journey this far is a story of hard graft. Roofe was always rated highly in West Brom's academy, a smart and skilful forward who loved to take defenders on, but back then he lacked the physical attributes to match his technical ability.

"It's always difficult to put your neck on the line and say that a young player is going to have a fantastic future in the game," says Appleton, who began working with Roofe when he coached West Brom's U14s. "Kemar had bags of talent, but what is difficult to judge when they are that young is whether they will be physically okay to cope with the demands of the men's game."

In those days, Appleton says, Roofe was "nowhere near" the physical level he's at now. "He was a late developer, physically," he says. "He was very wiry. He wasn't strong."

West Brom's solution was to send him on loan, first to Vikingur Reykjavik in Iceland, then to Northampton, Cheltenham and Colchester, but Roofe found the step up to men's football difficult, struggling to make an impact from one spell to the next. It was a testing period but it showed him the need to take matters into his own hands.

"It was around that time that he realised his physical condition was the one thing that was going to stop his progression - especially at a Premier League side like West Brom," says Appleton. "Since then, and this is all down to him, and it's why he deserves everything that he's getting, he has worked ever so hard to get himself into fantastic shape."

Leeds United sit top of the Championship after six games
Leeds United sit top of the Championship after six games
With the help of strength and conditioning coaches he enlisted himself during consecutive summers, Roofe worked tirelessly on his physique. Gradually, his frame filled out and his athleticism improved. "He became very conscious of the fact that it was what he needed to give himself every chance of succeeding," says Appleton, "so he went out and did it."

It was only thanks to his West Brom connections that Appleton became aware of Roofe's hard work behind the scenes. "I was aware that he was having a good spell in West Brom's U23s and he was starting to look stronger, so we brought him in at a good time, really," he says.

I actually wouldn't have been surprised at the time if a Premier League team had taken him. He was that good for us.

Michael Appleton on Kemar Roofe

Roofe initially joined Oxford on loan in January 2015. It was the fifth temporary move of his fledgling career but this time he was far better equipped to cope, scoring six goals in his final seven appearances of the season. With his prospects limited back at West Brom and despite offers from elsewhere, he opted to make the move permanent that summer.

Roofe went from strength to strength in the following campaign, impressing across Oxford's front line and earning a place in the PFA League Two Team of the Year as they clinched promotion. "I actually wouldn't have been surprised at the time if a Premier League team had taken him," says Appleton. "He was that good for us."

Roofe scored 32 goals in 64 games for Oxford
Roofe scored 32 goals in 64 games for Oxford
Instead, it was Leeds who won the race for Roofe's signature.

"When we brought him in from Oxford, he shocked us from the beginning with his ambition and his desire to get better every day," Pep Clotet, Garry Monk's assistant at Leeds at the time, tells Sky Sports. "He wanted to polish his game every day, always trying to train better and perform better. It was really important because it showed us that his development had no ceiling."

Roofe needed time to adapt to his new surroundings, starting just two Championship games in the first two months of the season and finishing the campaign with just three goals in all competitions, but the coaching staff at Elland Road never doubted his potential.

"We had to be a little patient with him coming up to the Championship in the beginning, but you could already see that he had everything a player needs to take the next step," says Clotet. "He was mobile, dynamic and very good at getting in behind defenders either with his skill or his movement. He was a very good finisher and very good at heading the ball, too."

He wanted to polish his game every day, always trying to train better and perform better. It was really important because it showed us that his development had no ceiling.

Pep Clotet on Kemar Roofe

Most impressive, though, was his unwavering determination. "For a coach, he was an absolutely perfect player to work with," says Clotet. "He was able to not only talk the talk but walk the walk. Now, when you see him doing so well as a striker, it makes you proud because you know he did it himself. Of course, he has the support of the people and coaches around him, but ultimately his improvement is down to him."

Roofe mostly played out wide or at No 10 under Monk and Clotet in 2016/17, and while there were more opportunities to play as a central striker under Thomas Christiansen and Paul Heckingbottom last season - when his goal tally jumped from three to 14 in difficult circumstances - it is only now, under Bielsa, that he has become first choice.

It has been another long wait but it is not the first time Roofe's persistence has paid off. His speed, energy and technical ability are perfectly suited to Bielsa's short passing style, and his desire to learn and improve has also served him well in the new regime. From the towering header against Derby to the poacher's effort against Swansea, he has scored all kinds of goals.

'Bielsa will be the difference'

Kemar Roofe discusses Marcelo Bielsa, dropping down to League Two and replicating Mark Viduka for Leeds.

Leeds now need Roofe's strong start to the season to continue following Bamford's cruciate knee injury, and the coaches who know him best believe there is plenty more to come. "Bielsa has got everything linked together around him and a way of playing that can maximise his abilities," says Clotet. "I think he's going to have a fantastic season."

"He is so professional," adds Appleton. "He cares about his football and in terms of his preparation and how he looks after himself, he will always do what it takes to be successful. He's got all the attributes to be a top player and I'd be shocked if he doesn't go on and play in the Premier League - whether that's with Leeds or with another club."

It has been a long road for Kemar Roofe, but it seems those hours on Oxford United's team coach were well spent.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #220 på: November 04, 2018, 23:19:36 »
Sterke reaksjoner på denne:

Ian Harte

The Roofe is on (fire) @roofe39 deserves a new @LUFC deal.     Top of the table #leedsleedsleeds #mot

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #221 på: November 04, 2018, 23:30:39 »

Ian Harte

The Roofe is on (fire) @roofe39 deserves a new @LUFC deal.     Top of the table #leedsleedsleeds #mot
Bør han få. Flere PL-klubber er ute etter han. Vi bør helst ligge veldig godt plassert på tabellen i januar, ellers kan det hende vi mister han.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #222 på: November 05, 2018, 05:47:52 »
Fantastisk bilde:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Eriksen55

« Svar #223 på: November 05, 2018, 10:23:31 »

Ian Harte

Bør han få. Flere PL-klubber er ute etter han. Vi bør helst ligge veldig godt plassert på tabellen i januar, ellers kan det hende vi mister han.

Han selges kun for silly money i januar. Det tror jeg gjelder om vi leder eller ligger som nummer 12.

Alle de siste vinduene har dette blitt sagt, men det viser seg at det aldri skjer. Leeds er i en helt annen situasjon nå enn for 3 år siden  :)

ibster

« Svar #224 på: November 05, 2018, 10:28:59 »

Ian Harte

Han selges kun for silly money i januar. Det tror jeg gjelder om vi leder eller ligger som nummer 12.

Alle de siste vinduene har dette blitt sagt, men det viser seg at det aldri skjer. Leeds er i en helt annen situasjon nå enn for 3 år siden  :)

Kan aldri tenke meg at han går i Januar slik han/vi spiller nå. Tipper han signerer ny avtale i god tid før Juli 2019. Har 1 1/2 år igjen av nåværende kontrakt.

auren

« Svar #225 på: November 05, 2018, 10:52:06 »
Er vel kun klubbene i bunnen av PL som eventuelt ønsker å kjøpe Roofe? Så forbaska god er han ikke at klubber i midtsjiktet/toppen banker på døra. Jeg tror ikke vi kommer til å få noen henvendelser, hvis han ikke plutselig begynner å bøtte inn mål de nærmeste to månedene.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #226 på: November 24, 2018, 23:19:26 »
Lufcdata

Kemar Roofe for Leeds in the Championship in 2018/19:

8 goals
2 assists
12 matches
12 shots on-target
25 shot attempts
48% shot accuracy

Roofe has now scored 8 goals from 12 shots on-target this season. He's also been directly involved in 10 goals in 12 matches.  #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #227 på: November 24, 2018, 23:21:24 »
Lufcdata

Kemar Roofe for Leeds in the Championship in 2018/19:

8 goals
2 assists
12 matches
12 shots on-target
25 shot attempts
48% shot accuracy

Roofe has now scored 8 goals from 12 shots on-target this season. He's also been directly involved in 10 goals in 12 matches.  #LUFC
Klarer han 20 scoringer, tro?

Blank_File

« Svar #228 på: November 25, 2018, 01:55:14 »
Det begynner å minne om Wood nå. Han scorer selv når vi ikke makter å skape noe. Utrolig bra.

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #229 på: Desember 05, 2018, 15:32:24 »
Er dette som menes med å ta en for laget:

https://shop.leedsunited.com/SWT210NAVY

Kontakinte

« Svar #230 på: Desember 05, 2018, 15:51:41 »

Xern

« Svar #231 på: Desember 05, 2018, 17:40:38 »
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

RoarG

« Svar #232 på: Desember 05, 2018, 17:51:52 »
Leeds tilbød Roofe ny kontrakt for noen uker siden. Noen progresjon her? Noen som vet?

Runar

« Svar #233 på: Desember 05, 2018, 18:00:05 »
Leeds tilbød Roofe ny kontrakt for noen uker siden. Noen progresjon her? Noen som vet?

Gjorde de?

RoarG

« Svar #234 på: Desember 05, 2018, 18:01:36 »

Gjorde de?
Mener det, ja.

Stut og Fjærkre

« Svar #235 på: Desember 05, 2018, 18:35:22 »

Gjorde de?
Mener det, ja.

Ser ut som om det er stillstand, handler ikke overraskende om penger. Rådgiverne til Roofe mener at han fortjener like mye som Bamford.

Josch

« Svar #236 på: Desember 08, 2018, 18:24:38 »
Minner om at Roofe scoret tre mot nettopp QPR for nøyaktig ett år siden. Og idag to. :)

RoarG

« Svar #237 på: Desember 08, 2018, 18:41:05 »

Gjorde de?
Mener det, ja.

Ser ut som om det er stillstand, handler ikke overraskende om penger. Rådgiverne til Roofe mener at han fortjener like mye som Bamford.
Kanskje han gjør det.

ibster

« Svar #238 på: Desember 08, 2018, 19:55:51 »
Minner om at Roofe scoret tre mot nettopp QPR for nøyaktig ett år siden. Og idag to. :)

Hvis jeg ikke husker feil var det først da det løsnet skikkelig for Roofe, siden har han vært førstevalget på spissplass.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #239 på: Desember 13, 2018, 08:30:46 »
James Marshment

Leeds set to open new contract talks with Kemar Roofe early in the new year as they bid to reward forward with improved deal.
That's according to the Daily Mirror

Min første Leeds-kamp: