Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Pablo Hernandez  (Lest 87345 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Pablo Hernandez
« Svar #210 på: April 27, 2018, 16:34:49 »
LUFCdata

Pablo Hernandez: Championship record for Leeds

2,513 successful passes
192 chances created
126 shots
124 accurate crosses
118 successful take-ons
99 blocks
84 tackles won
75 games
44 interceptions
16 assists
15 goals
8 Man of the Match awards

Magic Pablo

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #211 på: April 27, 2018, 16:36:47 »
LUFCdata

Pablo Hernandez has been directly involved (goals or assists) in 27% of Leeds' total goals in the @SkybetChamp over the past two seasons.  #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

ar9

« Svar #212 på: April 27, 2018, 17:46:15 »
Adam Pope

"We have the same vision"

Leeds United midfielder Pablo Hernandez says head coach Paul Heckingbottom played a key part in his decision to sign a new 2 year deal at Elland Road. #lufc

bbc.in/2KgCsTL

Hmm... skal ærlig innrømme at jeg i det stille har vært fristet til å dra i spaken og la fall- lemmen vike under føttene på PH.

Men dette tar jeg som ett tegn på at han har noe å fare med.
Fikk i hvertfall noen uker ekstra der i min bok.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #213 på: April 27, 2018, 19:40:03 »
Report: Premier League clause inserted in Pablo Hernandez's Leeds deal

Will Butcher2 hours ago
Pablo Hernandez signed a new contract at Leeds earlier this week.

Pablo Hernandez of Leeds United and Martin Waghorn of Ipswich Town compete for the ball during the Sky Bet Championship match between Ipswich Town and Leeds United at Portman Road on...

The Yorkshire Evening Post have reported that Leeds United have inserted a Premier League clause into Pablo Hernandez's new two-year deal at Elland Road.

The 33-year-old ended speculation over his future by putting pen to paper on a two-year deal, that will see the four-time Spain international remain at Leeds until the summer of 2020.

Pablo Hernandez of Leeds United celebrates after scoring he opening goal during the Sky Bet Championship match between Leeds United and Middlesbrough at Elland Road on November 19, 2017 in...

Hernandez said after completing the deal that he had options to return to his home country of Spain but chose to remain at Leeds where he sees unfinished business - getting the Whites back into the top flight of English football.

The report claims that Leeds have included a clause in the deal that will give Paul Heckingbottom's side the chance to extend the former Swansea City star's contract by another year - until 2021 - if Leeds do return to the Premier League.

A fan favourite at the Yorkshire giants, the news of a clause to further extend Hernandez's deal is sure to delight fans,

News of Hernandez's new deal delighted the Leeds United fanbase, as the former Valencia star continues to shine in a side that are struggling in mid-table obscurity.

This season, Hernandez has scored nine goals and created another 10 strikes in his 42 league and cup appearances, and Leeds fans will be able to watch the playmaker for another two years.

Ett år ekstra om vi når PL i løpet av 2 år!  8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #214 på: April 27, 2018, 21:50:18 »
Har mine tvil om hvor mye han klarer å bidra med i Premier League i en alder av 36 men..  ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

HåvardK

« Svar #215 på: April 27, 2018, 22:25:04 »
Herlige nyheter. Pablo tar en Strachan, og blir årets spiller i PL i 19-20.

flynn

« Svar #216 på: April 27, 2018, 22:55:04 »
Adam Pope

"We have the same vision"

Leeds United midfielder Pablo Hernandez says head coach Paul Heckingbottom played a key part in his decision to sign a new 2 year deal at Elland Road. #lufc

bbc.in/2KgCsTL

Måtte lese to ganger, og tenke meg om litt før jeg skjønte hva du mente. Det er nemlig ikke åpenbart hvem du mener når du bruker initialene PH....

flynn

Hmm... skal ærlig innrømme at jeg i det stille har vært fristet til å dra i spaken og la fall- lemmen vike under føttene på PH.

Men dette tar jeg som ett tegn på at han har noe å fare med.
Fikk i hvertfall noen uker ekstra der i min bok.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #217 på: Mai 05, 2018, 17:47:00 »
Big Interview: Leeds United’s YEP Player of the Year Hernandez ... forged in the fires of Castellon

Pablo Hernandez celebrates his goal against Bolton Wanderers. (Picture: Bruce Rollinson)
Phil Hay Email Published: 07:30 Saturday 05 May 2018

PABLO HERNANDEZ has been named the Yorkshire Evening Post’s Leeds United player of the year. Phil Hay discovers a footballer with far more about him than just an ability to score and create goals. Last year, and without much publicity, Pablo Hernandez bought into CD Castellon, a Spanish fourth division club in the city where he was born. The takeover – funded by an eclectic group of players, businessmen and a former Valencia director – was altruistic at heart. Castellon were loaded with debt and in danger of going to the wall. “The club needed people and if we didn’t take control then maybe it would have disappeared,” Hernandez said. “I got into this project because Castellon had big problems. It’s my city, my club; the club where I started. It was important to me to help.” The investment has not taken long to repay him. This season will end with Castellon, at worst, in the Tercera Division’s play-offs. “I believe we can be promoted,” Hernandez said.

This week he had other things on his mind. A few days ago Hernandez flew back to Spain to be with his wife for the birth to their second son, Luca. Leeds United were happy to excuse him from their last game of the season, tomorrow’s mid-table drill against QPR. But Castellon and Hernandez’s quiet devotion to the city captures his personality. After nomadic tours through Swansea, Leeds, Qatar and Dubai there is still no place like home. Pablo Hernandez has been named the Yorkshire Evening Post Leeds United player of the year. (Picture: Bruce Rollinson)

Hernandez grew up in the suburbs of Castellon, the football-mad son of a football-mad father who coached a local boys’ team. Hernandez began playing at the age of four. “The other kids were six or seven,” he said. “That’s the normal age in Spain to start football but my father put me on the pitch. I ran behind the ball and I didn’t care if the other boys ran more than me or didn’t pass to me. I was happy. I only wanted to play. In my life the most important thing was football.”

At 33 his attitude is the same. Hernandez wants his career to give him another two or three seasons – “maybe a maximum of four at a high level” – and he plans to give it up when the enjoyment subsides or when the pace of the sport leaves him behind. “My football has changed,” he said. “When I started at Valencia, when I was 22, 23, I was very fast and I played as a winger. Now I like playing in the middle with more possession. It’s normal as your body changes. My speed is not the same but I can still run like a young boy. This I always try to show on the pitch. While I can run like that I’ll continue playing. When I can’t, it’s time to stop.”

The odds are in his favour still. Hernandez is named today as the Yorkshire Evening Post’s player of the year and last week he signed a new two-year contract with Leeds, a generous offer for an outfield player of his age. For so long he was prodigious, part of a crop of junior footballers who Valencia invested their faith in. This season he has looked his age, carrying a squad at Elland Road who needed his poise and professionalism.

“The time goes fast,” he joked. “My first games at Valencia were 10 years ago. It makes you think.” In the first days at Valencia I was very nervous. In Castellon it was normal for me to be always one of the best players, an important player. When I arrived at Valencia there were players from all parts of Spain. 

Hernandez found his way to Valencia’s academy from Castellon in 2003, before his 18th birthday. He was a rapid, dynamic footballer with ample talent but the standard of competition at Valencia was on a different level. His team-mates included David Silva who he roomed with for a while. Beyond that there was also the history. Hernandez had grown up with posters of Gaizka Mendieta on his wall, another Castellon boy who made good at Valencia. “You talk about Mendieta and for me he was a hero,” Hernandez said. “He’s from Castellon too. When I was a kid I had pictures of him and it was a dream to follow his steps. It was like a miracle.“In the first days at Valencia I was very nervous. In Castellon it was normal for me to be always one of the best players, an important player. When I arrived at Valencia there were players from all parts of Spain. The academy at Valencia is very good, always very good. There were examples before me and after me. There are examples now.”

'Pablo 19': 'Leeds United's Pablo Hernandez celebrates his goall against Sunderland. ('Picture: Jonathan Gawthorpe)

Hernandez, at a young age, had imagined turning professional with Castellon. It was what he and his friends talked about. Castellon were once a prominent club, a La Liga side when Hernandez was a boy, but their popularity and success suffered from the presence of nearby Villarreal. “With my father, the first time I watched a professional game was at Castellon’s stadium,” Hernandez said. “All the kids in Castellon, they dreamed to play for the club. But when I went to Valencia, Castellon were playing in the third division. All the money and everything else had gone.”In time Hernandez broke the academy ceiling at Valencia, albeit a little later than Silva. In subsequent years ‘Pablo 19’ – a reference to his shirt number –was graffitied in reverent fashion on the walls of the club’s training ground. He had been given the chance to take the more fashionable number seven shirt when Joaquin, one of Valencia’s most expensive signings, left for Malaga in 2011. Out of superstition he stuck with 19. “That is my number,” he told the Spanish media. It continues to be his number at Leeds.

But what made him in Spain was a year at Getafe in 2007-08, under the management of Michael Laudrup. Laudrup would subsequently take him to Swansea City in 2012. “Valencia had big players,” Hernandez said. “I was young and I knew it was necessary to take the step to Getafe to then go back to Valencia and play.” Laudrup, once of Barcelona and Real Madrid, was respected in Spain. “He was my idol when I was a kid,” Hernandez said, “so it was unbelievable for me to play for him. It’s a great feeling when your coach is your idol. You cannot describe that.”Getafe elevated Hernandez’s reputation both at Valencia and internationally. He won his first cap for Spain in 2009 and has the date – 20.06.09 – tattooed on his right arm below an image of the Virgin Mary.

It is that arm which Hernandez kisses first every time he scores. “The date is there so I never forget,” he said. “It was not only for me but for my family. I promised them I would play for Spain. I played in every division to get there.”Swansea, despite the presence of other Spaniards, was a culture shock; a different climate with a language barrier for a player who had a limited grasp of English. Hernandez understood enough but did not speak it fluently. Nonetheless, by 2012, he and Valencia were outgrowing each other and the call from Laudrup sold Swansea to him. Hernandez became Swansea’s record signing, at £5.5m.

â€œIt was not only about football,” he said. “It was always in my head to play in the Premier League but it was about an experience in life too. I didn’t speak much English but I tried to learn every day. It’s important. Who knows? Maybe I’ll need English in my next job.”Swansea’s faithful found the midfielder to be enigmatic; never quite delivering as they thought he would. Hernandez said injuries “didn’t give me the opportunity to play my best football” and after Laudrup was sacked in 2014, Hernandez took the singular decision to accept an offer from Al-Arabi, a Qatari club based in Doha.

â€œIt was hard to say no,” he said. “Swansea sacked Laudrup and I didn’t know what they wanted to do with his players. I knew the football in Qatar wasn’t on the level of Spain or the Premier League but the money was good.” Hernandez’s wife and one-year-old son went home instead. “Life in Qatar is not the same as Spain. It’s not easy for a kid so young. So we made that decision.”His wife, Mar, is the sister of another prominent sportsman, the golfer Sergio Garcia. Garcia has never been to Elland Road but Hernandez plans to invite him next season. “He wants to come and he follows Leeds,” Hernandez said. “He watches some games in America, I think because I’m here. I’m sure in the future he’ll come to a game. He loves football. He plays it well.” Hernandez is no less partial to golf and has braved occasional rounds with Garcia. “I’m a lucky man to play him sometimes. It’s a pleasure. But when you play with a professional golfer, one like him, you say to yourself: ‘I don’t play golf!’ My golf is like another sport.”

Football, in any case, has Hernandez’s heart and Leeds have held it since he joined them in 2016. He has ideas about what will happen when he retires. “I know when I finish I want to stay in football. Maybe I’ll be a manager or a sporting director. “In my head I don’t know if I have the best qualities to be a manager but I could start with coaching kids and young players and see if it’s my future.“There’s Castellon also. I don’t do so much with them now because people with my confidence are working there. My father works in the club too. It’s strange because until now I only knew about being a player. Now I learn about the other parts of a club: the office work, the economic work. Maybe it’s one option in the future, working at Castellon.”Before then Hernandez would like another crack at the Premier League and it does not seem uncharitable to think that his new contract at Leeds, taking him past 35, is his last chance. “You could say that,” he said. “Many things can happen in football. My target for the next two years is getting this club into the Premier League. “It’s not easy because the Championship is a hard league with big teams. But I’ll fight for it.”

Fight is all Leeds ever expect.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/big-interview-leeds-united-s-yep-player-of-the-year-hernandez-forged-in-the-fires-of-castellon-1-9151384
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #218 på: Mai 11, 2018, 19:56:57 »
Leeds United News

Pablo Hernandez has been training with his beloved CD Castellon in Spain... #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #219 på: Mai 11, 2018, 20:06:35 »
Leeds United News

Pablo Hernandez has been training with his beloved CD Castellon in Spain... #lufc
Beloved... Han er jo en av klubbens eiere også  :o
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #220 på: August 10, 2018, 17:39:13 »
Legger den her! Utskrift av Pablos intervju med spansk radio:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #221 på: August 10, 2018, 19:13:15 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #222 på: August 17, 2018, 21:36:42 »
“One of the big ones” – Pablo Hernandez tells Marca about ‘sleeping giant’ Leeds United

Sport Witness17th August 2018
Leeds United winger Pablo Hernandez has told the Spanish media he hopes the appointment of Marcelo Bielsa will enable the club to get promotion back to the English top flight.

The Elland Road club have started the season in good form, and currently lie second in the league table.

Speaking to Marca, Hernandez was asked about Leeds United brining in the Argentine coach: “Having a coach recognised for his career as Bielsa is what he has. Hopefully this will help us climb. Leeds, in any case, is one of the big ones. They call us the sleeping giant. The club fell in 2004 due to economic problems, but people know that soon we will return to the elite.”

Leeds United currently have a 100% record after two games this season, including an impressive 4-1 victory over Derby Country last weekend.

The West Yorkshire side will be hoping to bounce back to the big time after an absence of 14 years from the Premier League.

Leeds United made a great start to last season, but saw their chances of achieving promotion slowly fade away after their form dipped in the new year, and they’ll be looking to put it right in this campaign.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #223 på: August 19, 2018, 22:02:51 »
Litt Strachan over Pablo! Han ser bedre trent ut enn på lenge og han ser ut til å trives svært godt i Leeds om dagen! Likte måten han tok hånd om de andre spillerne etter kampen i går. I tillegg virket han sprek også etter kampen!

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

HåvardK

« Svar #224 på: August 20, 2018, 11:45:20 »
Pablo er en enorm ressurs for klubben. Spiller på små marginer offensivt, noe som medfører at noen forsøk på genistreker ikke alltid lykkes. Men har en fantastisk førstetouch og flott blikk for spillet. I tillegg er han, som nevnt over, god å ha som lagbygger. Visekaptein?

RoarG

« Svar #225 på: August 20, 2018, 11:52:25 »
Pablo er en enorm ressurs for klubben. Spiller på små marginer offensivt, noe som medfører at noen forsøk på genistreker ikke alltid lykkes. Men har en fantastisk førstetouch og flott blikk for spillet. I tillegg er han, som nevnt over, god å ha som lagbygger. Visekaptein?
+1
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Jon R

« Svar #226 på: August 20, 2018, 17:47:15 »
Har sluttet å surmule under kampene også, som han hadde tendenser til spesielt første sesongen.
Jon R.

berlin

« Svar #227 på: August 25, 2018, 20:50:46 »

Helt enig, og det er visst El Loco også  ;), etter at 5 (6 med cup) kamper er spilt. Her etter Norwich kampen.

Marcelo Bielsa: "I think [Hernandez] is the player in our team who has had the biggest influence in our games so far. There is a great lucidity about his play - he always seems to instinctively know what to do for the needs of the team - and he can influence the game at the front, the middle and the back.

"He can find a solution to a problem anywhere on the pitch and is always making the team more fluid with what he does. He can play in very tight spaces and is always bringing other people into the match, making them better players too. He is a silent leader for us - he does all these things without saying a word."

http://www.skysports.com/football/norwich-vs-leeds/392596

enur

« Svar #228 på: August 25, 2018, 21:08:34 »

Helt enig, og det er visst El Loco også  ;), etter at 5 (6 med cup) kamper er spilt. Her etter Norwich kampen.

Marcelo Bielsa: "I think [Hernandez] is the player in our team who has had the biggest influence in our games so far. There is a great lucidity about his play - he always seems to instinctively know what to do for the needs of the team - and he can influence the game at the front, the middle and the back.

"He can find a solution to a problem anywhere on the pitch and is always making the team more fluid with what he does. He can play in very tight spaces and is always bringing other people into the match, making them better players too. He is a silent leader for us - he does all these things without saying a word."

http://www.skysports.com/football/norwich-vs-leeds/392596

Klassespiller. Synd at han er såpass gammel, men på den annen side hadde han neppe spilt for oss om han var noen år yngre.

Marching on together

Promotion 2010

« Svar #229 på: August 26, 2018, 08:54:20 »
Lufcdata

Pablo Hernandez vs. Norwich City:

67 touches
51 passes
18/21 completed final third passes
6 ball recoveries
3 tackles won
2 take-ons
2 crosses
1 shot on-target
1 beautiful goal

A performance of sheer class from the 33-year-old capped off with a peach of a strike.  #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

leedslife

« Svar #230 på: August 26, 2018, 11:02:51 »
Synes han var skuffende mot Swansea og anonym i Rotherham kampen.
Men i går var han tilbake. Scoringen hans er det vel få andre i denne divisjonen som gjør.
Klassespiller når han er på!
Kan ikke være enkelt å for motstanderene å møte Saiz-Hernandez-Klich.
Vi spiller oss jo igjennom på 1 touch noen ganger i går.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #231 på: August 27, 2018, 21:33:41 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #232 på: September 06, 2018, 21:46:00 »
JwL
This is what I got from using the translated captions so disclaimer this is using googles speech to text to create Spanish subtitles, then they are translated by google translate into English then I've ironed it out so it's not the usual broken English GT kicks out

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Josch

« Svar #233 på: September 22, 2018, 18:21:34 »
Savner Pablo de siste 4 kampene. Betyr mye for kreativitet og avslutninger.
Han er ikke ung lenger, og jeg mistenker flere skade avbrudd denne sesongen. Stort tap når han er borte.
« Siste redigering: September 23, 2018, 09:14:11 av Josch »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #234 på: Oktober 17, 2018, 19:19:03 »
Viktig mann tilbake fra skade:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Josch

« Svar #235 på: Oktober 24, 2018, 22:38:19 »
Viktig mann i dag mot Ipswich også. To målgivende og skaffet corner som førte til mål. Hjernen i laget offensivt. Kreativ og smart.

ar9

« Svar #236 på: Oktober 24, 2018, 23:04:30 »
Fikk nesten litt bakoversveis idag.
Er han virkelig så mye bedre i den siste tredjedelen en resten av vingene våre?
I såfall er vi veldig avhengige av at kroppen hans holder så mange minutter som mulig resten av sesongen.
Han trenger egentlig bare ett par involveringen i.l.a en kamp for å avgjøre den.

Tenk om vi ikke hadde gitt han ny kontrakt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #237 på: November 05, 2018, 19:34:03 »
Sky bet

@LUFC are yet to lose a @SkyBetChamp game that Pablo Hernandez has started this season

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Torpe-do

« Svar #238 på: November 05, 2018, 19:51:11 »
Merka eg satt med hjarta i halsen ved fleire anledningar på kampen i går, når det såg ut til at Hernandez kunne ha fått seg ein smell.

Johnnyj

« Svar #239 på: November 05, 2018, 21:23:26 »
Merka eg satt med hjarta i halsen ved fleire anledningar på kampen i går, når det såg ut til at Hernandez kunne ha fått seg ein smell.
Pablo er som en god årgangsvin. Blir bare bedre og bedre med alderen.

Minner meg ofte om David Silva i spillestilen. Uerstattelig for dette laget.