Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Spiller: Paudie O'Connor  (Lest 8767 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Paudie O'Connor
« Svar #30 på: Februar 11, 2019, 23:33:59 »
Leeds United defender Paudie O'Connor falling foul of loan rule at Bradford City

Joe Urquhart
Published: 11:16 Monday 11 February 2019
 Paudie O'Connor in action for Bradford City at Barnsley.
Paudie O'Connor in action for Bradford City at Barnsley.
Leeds United defender Paudie O'Connor is once again struggling for game time after swapping Blackpool for fellow League One side Bradford City last month.

The 21-year-old joined the Seasiders on a season-long loan deal last summer in a bid to gain more first-team experience but made just 10 league appearances.

United director of football Victor Orta decided to recall the Irishman in January before loaning him out immediately to West Yorkshire neighbours Bradford.

O'Connor, though, has seen just an hour of game time since making the move to Valley Parade and failed to feature in the Bantams squad again on Saturday.

City boss David Hopkin revealed that the defender was falling foul of an EFL rule which states a team may only include up to five loan players in a match day squad.

The 48-year-old, however, said O’Connor could now be handed a chance following a 1-0 defeat to Fleetwood Town on Saturday, telling the Telegraph and Argus: “It will be good to add another couple of bodies defensively and obviously I’ve got to look at young Paudie too.

“He missed out again (against Fleetwood) because of the ruling. But I’ve not ruled out bringing him back in and it might have to be one of the other loans who sit out.

“It’s a juggling act but fair play to Paudie. I spoke to him on Friday and he remains very positive.

“He wants to be here and wants to play. If I have to bring him in next week and somebody else has to miss out then that’s what I’ll do to make sure we start winning games.”

Hopkin also confirmed that City were in close contact with the Whites, who are monitoring the situation.

“Julian (Rhodes) spoke to Leeds last week and I’ve talked to them about the situation,” Hopkin said.

“I think everybody is happy. Paudie is quite receptive to how things are going here.

“I’ve told him that if he does get a chance in the team then he won’t be on the bench. He’ll be straight in again.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #31 på: April 24, 2019, 19:06:18 »
Bradford City boss Gary Bowyer shares glowing review of Leeds United loanee Paudie O'Connor

Phil Hay
Published: 13:03 Wednesday 24 April 2019
 Leeds United defender Paudie O'Connor is action for Bradford City.
Bradford City manager Gary Bowyer plans to target Leeds United defender Paudie O’Connor on loan again next season as he attempts to conjure a promotion campaign in League Two.

Bowyer will ask Leeds to send O’Connor back to Valley Parade in the summer with the defender’s half-season deal with relegated City almost at an end.

O’Connor, the Irish centre-back Leeds signed from Limerick in 2017, started the season under Bowyer at Blackpool but cut short his stay there in January having failed to play regularly.

He moved onto Bradford but barely featured until Bowyer arrived as manager in the wake of David Hopkin’s resignation.

City have since been relegated and sit six points adrift at the bottom of League One but O’Connor has started their last five games and wore the captain’s armband in a 1-1 draw with Gillingham on Monday.

Bowyer told the Telegraph and Argus: “Paudie’s a good character. When I did my homework in the summer when I was bringing him (to Blackpool), I spoke to the appropriate people.

“They all gave him glowing references. They all told me what a good lad he was, what a good character and certainly what a good player. He’s competitive and for someone so young he talks ever so well.

“He’s a good organiser and I had no problems giving him the captain’s armband. I spoke to him on Sunday about it. But I’m going to shut up now talking about him because I don’t want anybody to take him in the summer, bar us.”

O’Connor enjoyed a short run of appearances under former Leeds manager Paul Heckingbottom last season but was listed for loan after Marcelo Bielsa’s appointment as head coach.

The 21-year-old has a further 12 months left on his contract at Elland Road.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #32 på: Juni 18, 2019, 12:05:25 »
Leeds liner O'Connor opp for salg? Man sender han i alle fall ut på lån igjen. Til Bradford City. Igjen.

https://the72.co.uk/135324/leeds-united-defender-on-the-brink-of-completing-loan-move/

Står ikke noe om hvor lenge. Gjetter på ut sesongen.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

stian

« Svar #33 på: Juni 18, 2019, 18:02:27 »
Bradford City boss Gary Bowyer shares glowing review of Leeds United loanee Paudie O'Connor

Phil Hay
Published: 13:03 Wednesday 24 April 2019
Bradford City manager Gary Bowyer plans to target Leeds United defender Paudie O’Connor on loan again next season as he attempts to conjure a promotion campaign in League Two.

Bowyer will ask Leeds to send O’Connor back to Valley Parade in the summer with the defender’s half-season deal with relegated City almost at an end.

O’Connor, the Irish centre-back Leeds signed from Limerick in 2017, started the season under Bowyer at Blackpool but cut short his stay there in January having failed to play regularly.

He moved onto Bradford but barely featured until Bowyer arrived as manager in the wake of David Hopkin’s resignation.

City have since been relegated and sit six points adrift at the bottom of League One but O’Connor has started their last five games and wore the captain’s armband in a 1-1 draw with Gillingham on Monday.

Bowyer told the Telegraph and Argus: “Paudie’s a good character. When I did my homework in the summer when I was bringing him (to Blackpool), I spoke to the appropriate people.

“They all gave him glowing references. They all told me what a good lad he was, what a good character and certainly what a good player. He’s competitive and for someone so young he talks ever so well.

“He’s a good organiser and I had no problems giving him the captain’s armband. I spoke to him on Sunday about it. But I’m going to shut up now talking about him because I don’t want anybody to take him in the summer, bar us.”

O’Connor enjoyed a short run of appearances under former Leeds manager Paul Heckingbottom last season but was listed for loan after Marcelo Bielsa’s appointment as head coach.

The 21-year-old has a further 12 months left on his contract at Elland Road.

Nå mener jeg det har gått for langt det der med at ungdommer skal få overdreven skryt for absolutt alt de mestrer. En 22-åring som får komplimenter for at han har lært seg å snakke noenlunde tydelig. Makan.

Kato

« Svar #34 på: Juni 18, 2019, 20:46:56 »
Free transfer til Bradford.

Runar

« Svar #35 på: Juni 18, 2019, 20:57:05 »

Ja, bare å gi det vekk og legge 50% videresalg og tilbakekjøpsklausul på 1 million pund.

RoarG

« Svar #36 på: Juni 19, 2019, 01:17:06 »
Greit nok. Overflødig.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #37 på: Juni 20, 2019, 08:40:21 »
Joe Urquhart
First departure of the summer at Leeds United as defender Paudie O'Connor joins Bradford City on a permanent deal. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #38 på: Juni 20, 2019, 09:00:41 »
Paudie O’Connor

Would like to say a big thank you to everyone @LUFC for the opportunity to learn and play at such a big club over the past 2 years! Was unbelievable to get to walk out to a full house at Elland Road and wish the club all the best for the future! ⚽️
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

Sv: Ex-Spiller: Paudie O'Connor
« Svar #39 på: Juni 20, 2019, 18:19:00 »
Dette tror jeg er bra både for spilleren og begge klubbene. Gjenstår bare å ønske gutten lykke til videre.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

RoarG

« Svar #40 på: Juni 20, 2019, 18:37:11 »
Dette tror jeg er bra både for spilleren og begge klubbene. Gjenstår bare å ønske gutten lykke til videre.
Han sto nok ved en skillevei karrieremessig. Altfor lang vei opp til A-lagsplass i Leeds. Ikke var han aktuell for U-23 heller. Ingen god løsning å stadig måtte flytte på seg pga. utlån. Riktig valg. Mange mener at L2 er for lavt nivå for han. Vel, nå får han prøve seg fast på det nivået. Er han god nok, blir han nok kjøpt opp av en L1-klubb snart. Antageligvis ligger nivået hans der. Vi får se. Han skal ha takk for innsatsen og lykke til videre i karrieren.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #41 på: September 09, 2019, 18:55:01 »
Paudie scoret seiersmålet i det 88. minutt for Bradford mot Northampton på lørdag. (2-1)
Super Leeds since 1968