Skrevet av Emne: EX-Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom  (Lest 170203 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Lucas the Kop Cat

Sv: Head Coach Paul Heckingbottom
« Svar #180 på: Februar 07, 2018, 21:40:58 »
AR er en Gud sammenlignet med de fryktelige eierne vi hadde før ham. At han ikke er verdens beste eier er helt på sin plass, men for meg gikk vi fra Helvete til himmelen da vi byttet ut Cellino med Radrizzani. At det lar vente seg på å nå paradis går helt fint for meg noen år til...

auren

Her ligger noe av grunnen til noen ikke alltid er kritisk mot Rad. Man hatet Cellino så mye at alt Rad gjør blir sammenliknet med Cellino. Da blir det en tilbedelse og man mister all kritisk sans.

Alt er ikke så lett for Radrizzani heller. Jeg tror det er vanskeligere å drive fotballklubb enn business.
La oss si det sånn, at hvis Kaci Kullmann Five var Leedsfan ville Rad, som Obama, fått fredsprisen i første regjeringsår.

Det er vel forresten ennå ikke for seint.
Ihvertfall for sent for Kaci.
Ups. Beklager. I mitt hode er det jo fortsatt Francis Sejersted som er leder av den komiteen.
;D

Jon R

« Svar #181 på: Februar 07, 2018, 21:48:32 »
Alltid morsomt med gamle bilder :)

https://twitter.com/RITGK/status/960993959236521984

Gamle?

Dette er fra i går!  ;)
Har han spart håret siden han forlot Leeds ages ago? :o

For øvrig, har vi alle blitt enig om at Heckingbottom herved er omdøpt til Hekken, eller skal vi ta en runde på det også?  ;D
PH!

PH- eller PH+ alt etter hvordan det går?
Da må jeg som kjemiker få minne om at en nedgang på 1 for pH betyr ti ganger surere. Noe som vel også må bety at ting blir tusen ganger bedre for hver trepoenger.
Humørsvingninger i garderoben, sa du?
Tenk hvordan det hadde gått om pH hadde vært måleenhet første sesong i League 1!
Da hadde det ikke vært humørsvingninger, da snakker vi etseskader.
Noe sjelen min fikk daglig med Giftdvergen som sjef.

Mulig noen kam kritisere meg for å avspore denne tråden pittelitt nå.
Hvem anser du som "giftdvergen"?

Ja, nå er du håpløs.   ::)
Så så. Ikke putt flere mynter på automaten nå. Vi ønsker ikke at denne tråden utvikler seg til en diskusjon om Dennis Wise.
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #182 på: Februar 07, 2018, 21:58:01 »
Stephen Winder

Wonder how this fella is feeling

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Xern

« Svar #183 på: Februar 07, 2018, 21:59:11 »
Stephen Winder

Wonder how this fella is feeling

Den tatoveringen der var jo dømt til å bli mislykket med tiden uansett. Koman  ::)
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Promotion 2010

« Svar #184 på: Februar 07, 2018, 22:17:09 »
Paul Heckingbottom used six words to fire his Leeds players towards play-off glory

10 hours ago
an image

Leeds fans are set to witness a new style of attacking football as new manager Paul Heckingbottom takes charge.

This was typified by what he said to his new Leeds players before he took his first training session at Thorp Arch.

As quoted in the Guardian, Heckingbottom wants his Leeds side to be aggressive “with or without the ball” and said that the upcoming set of fixtures would be “season defining”.

They include games against promotion rivals Bristol City and Sheffield United, and high-flying Derby County.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #185 på: Februar 08, 2018, 09:42:31 »
Hold av klokken 14 i dag!  8)

@PhilHayYEP
1pm today for Paul Heckingbottom’s first press conference at Thorp Arch. Head coach/manager number 14 for me. #lufc

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Nørgaard

« Svar #186 på: Februar 08, 2018, 12:08:11 »
Tror ikke Hekken er det rette for Pontus. Har lidt problemer med streng autoritet.
Vi får se  :-\

Promotion 2010

« Svar #187 på: Februar 08, 2018, 13:12:23 »
Leon Wobschall: Heckingbottom ready for the challenge that awaits at Leeds United

Leon Wobschall
Published: 22:24 Wednesday 07 February 2018
 Paul Heckingbottom takes his first training session at Thorp Arch as Leeds United manager. Picture: Varleys/LUFC.
Paul Heckingbottom takes his first training session at Thorp Arch as Leeds United manager. Picture: Varleys/LUFC.
ANYONE who happened to be a regular at Paul Heckingbottom’s pre-match press conferences during his time at boyhood club Barnsley would have quickly ascertained two things.

One – and slightly inconsequentially – Leeds United’s latest head coach likes strong, ground coffee in a morning. Kenyan, Colombian, you name it. No Mellow Bird’s or ‘supermarket’s finest’.

Two, and slightly more pertinently, Heckingbottom likes discipline, punctuality and order. And his players certainly know where they stand with him.

Many a time this particular reporter has attended his gatherings at Oakwell in the East Stand and after he has finished his section of the press conference, usually at around 9.45am, he has reminded his press team that the player who follows must be back for the start of training at the club’s nearby training facilities by 10am prompt. Or else. Work is work.

The look in Heckingbottom’s eyes and the shortness of his relayed message always suggested that his word went.

Humorously, it was a close-run thing for one or two players at times. On several occasions, you would see them manically sprinting around Oakwell’s perimeter to meet that deadline.

It is a tough gig, but one that Heckingbottom, who has an innate authority which in many ways belies his tender years, is ready for.

Leon Wobschall
Heckingbottom, 40, may be comparatively young in managerial terms, but clearly retains old-fashioned ‘gaffer’ credentials. He’s the boss and not afraid of making big calls and being ruthless when it demands.

Ask Angus MacDonald. Barnsley’s captain – now at Hull – who was bombed from Heckingbottom’s plans and never seen again after being brought off at half-time in the 3-0 loss at Reading on November 28.

Heckingbottom is one who clearly has no favourites too. He possesses high, demanding standards and won’t shy away from acting when necessary.

But whereas he was rather more bombproof at Oakwell, where he has always retained a big place in the affections of Barnsley’s support – his people – Heckingbottom will be sage enough to realise that he will not have that same luxury at Leeds.

At Barnsley, he was always Hecky. Even after just one victory in his past 16 games, it was still ‘Hecky’ and he could still count on the unstinting backing of most of the club’s fanbase, who look at him reverentially for his role in Reds’ fairytale of 2015-16, backed up by events of last season. A Royston lad, who was one ‘of their own’.

At Leeds, there is no Hecky. Only Heckingbottom.

He took on the Barnsley baton two years to the day he joined Leeds, with the Reds having just booked a Wembley appearance after clinching a final spot in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy before Lee Johnson’s exit to Bristol City.

After a desperate early winter, the Reds were unbeaten in eight matches when Hecky first took charge for the home game with Bury, which Barnsley won 3-0. They never lost their mojo, claimed a Wembley promotion and cup double and the momentum carried well into the next season.

The correlation which greets him at Leeds is stark. Instead of a team boasting an eight-match unbeaten stint, he finds one struggling for answers and defensively porous after no wins in seven games.

Heckingbottom knows what he wants and when – that is clear from those Thursday and Monday mornings at Oakwell. Leeds players better be listening.

It is a tough gig, but one that Heckingbottom, who has an innate authority which in many ways belies his tender years, is ready for.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #188 på: Februar 08, 2018, 15:30:03 »
Der har vi det. Kallenavnet. Hecky. PH er Phil Hay (seniority ;) ).

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #189 på: Februar 08, 2018, 16:18:36 »
Selve pressekonferansen:

As per, for those interested: 

Phil Hay:
Heckingbottom says he's had a whirlwind few days. Says this is the first day that being in the job at Leeds feels "normal"
Heckingbottom: The offer from Leeds felt right. Had turned down previous opportunities to leave Barnsley
PH: The structure at Leeds appeals to me. Pleased to have people helping with recruitment and other areas.
PH: Tough start in terms of fixtures and players missing but perfect to start with a Yorkshire derby. My goal is to win games. Don't want to put undue pressure on people by setting specific targets.
PH: I want us to be a force in the league. I hope by kick-off on Saturday I feel like I've already been in the job for a year.
PH: No regrets over the timing of his exit from Barnsley, so soon after his new deal. Talks about the new deal had gone on for a long time. Barnsley earned more than they would have done otherwise. "Barnsley are the winners here
PH: Barnsley were 14th when I took over there and we went up. Play-offs are a target but don't want to put excessive pressure on the players.
Heckingbottom playing down his old quotes about Barnsley hating Leeds back when he was a kid. Says he still has friends who go to Leeds games "and they'll be as pleased as me about it."
to add to this as well, Heckingbottom said the Barnsley contract was signed earlier than last Friday. Was only announced on Friday.
PH: Everyone has a clean slate. Jansson has trained today so he'll be fit for Sheffield United game
PH: Discipline is a big problem. All for aggression but you have to have control. It will change. Sendings off through lack of control we've got to address. We've done things already.
Tyler Roberts did a light session of training today. Possible that he'll be involved at Bramall Lane but not certain
PH said he wants involved with transfers but is happy to have a recruitment team here, something he lacked at Barnsley.
PH: Gave no thought to the number of head coaches Leeds have done through recently - but did think about the security of the job when he started at Barnsley. "I never wanted to be a manager but little by little I got into it.
PH: No-one wins anything unless they over-achieve. I love thinking that way because there's always more you can get out of people.
PH: Length of contract (18 months) isn't an issue. To a manager it's worth what the severance payment is. I know that if I'm successful the club will want to keep me. #lufc
PH on whether the stress of the job will be higher at Leeds. Joked that when he gets sacked, he gets to go on holiday with his kids. “That keeps it in perspective.
Heckingbottom on transfers: "How I see the head coach’s role - involved in the start, involved in the process, you work through the squad, look at what you need and identify the targets with the recruitment department. Then they go out and find them. We work together."

Adam Pope
PH says things moved very quickly on Monday re #lufc after taking training at Barnsley: “The time was right” for him to make the move.
PH: Heckingbottom says he's had a whirlwind few days. This is the first day that being in the job at Leeds feels "normal
PH: “We’ve got a tough start in terms of fixtures.... it’s perfect for me. I enjoy the derbies especially
PH: “Goals should be short term... we’ve just got to win games.
PH: “I really enjoy being a head coach/manager. Saturday’s are what it’s all about.” #
PH is glad there are people around to help with a lot of off-pitch issues.
PH in squad: “There’s no reason why we can’t find consistency. That’s a big thing.
PH on style: “It’s about I see us playing, winning the ball back, creating chances and how we train. I have a very clear idea of what I want.
PH says squad is not low in confidence. Believes top six is “definitely achievable” but says not to put undue pressure on anyone.
PH says he put his contract dealings with Barnsley on the back burner. He says “Barnsley have been the winners out of it.” He understands that Barnsley fans will be upset.
PH says the anti #lufc comments came from playing as a kid in Royston when the bigger boys were Leeds fans and he was a Barnsley fan growing up getting a hard time off them about the size of club etc. He says a lot of those lads have congratulated him on getting the job.
TEAM NEWS: Pontus Jansson is fit after his ankle problem.
PH says he wants a speed and intensity in the play.
PH on discipline: “I’m all for aggression. ... but It will change
TEAM NEWS: PH says Tyler Roberts may be fit. Says he’s someone he tried to take him on loan at Barnsley
PH: “There’s always more you can get out of someone but you only win things by overachieving. It has to be about the team.
PH on length of his 18 month contract: “I know if I’m successful they’ll want to keep me.... A head coach’s contract is only as good as his severance pay. I’m determined to make the most of it.
Edited 54 minutes ago by Samuel Becchio
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #190 på: Februar 08, 2018, 19:12:30 »
Dette må jo være musikk i ørene dine DHY:  :D

Heckingbottom on transfers: "How I see the head coach’s role - involved in the start, involved in the process, you work through the squad, look at what you need and identify the targets with the recruitment department. Then they go out and find them. We work together."

Jon R.

jaho

« Svar #191 på: Februar 08, 2018, 19:22:29 »

Ja , er jo sånn denne modellen stort sett fungerer..aldri skjønt hva man er redd for..

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #192 på: Februar 08, 2018, 19:28:27 »

I YEP er han sitert fra pressekonferansen:

Asked how well suited he would be to the role of head coach, Heckingbottom beamed: “Big appeal. That was my title at Barnsley but we had less resources and were a smaller club. You feel responsible for everything and you want everything to be right and spot on. “You can begin to spread yourself too thin dealing with lots of issues which here, maybe I’ll be involved in but there’ll be other people to help get the job done. It is a big appeal for me.”

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/honoured-heckingbottom-keen-to-capitalise-on-big-appeal-of-leeds-united-1-9008571
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #193 på: Februar 08, 2018, 19:37:50 »
Paul Heckingbottom interview: Joining Leeds, leaving Barnsley and facing Sheffield United
By Simeon Gholam
Last Updated: 08/02/18 6:22pm

It has been quite the week for Paul Heckingbottom. On Monday morning he was taking training at Barnsley, by Thursday he has found himself preparing for Leeds' trip to Sheffield United.

"The first couple of days have been frantic and hectic, as you can imagine!" he told Sky Sports ahead of the Yorkshire derby at Bramall Lane on Saturday, live on Sky Sports Football. "But I'm settling down now and I'm sure once Saturday is here it will be like normal, getting back into the routine and trying to win games.

"It all happened very quickly. I knew something was happening on Monday morning before I was with the [Barnsley] players and I was trying to find things out.

"I couldn't, though, so I just got on with the job and delivered training as we would, then tried to see what was happening on Monday afternoon. I didn't get permission to speak to Leeds until about 7pm and from then on it was really frantic."

Heckingbottom: Leeds a big opportunity
New Leeds United manager Paul Hecnkingbottom has hailed the size of the club and admitted he now has a huge opportunity.

New Leeds United boss Paul Heckingbottom has hailed the size of the club and admitted he now has a huge opportunity
Leeds only sacked Thomas Christiansen last Sunday night after a dreadful run of form which had seen the club drift from play-off contention to 10th in the table, seven points off the top six.

But owner Andrea Radrizzani, who clearly had his eye on the man up the road at Barnsley, acted quickly, and Heckingbottom was taking charge of training at Leeds by Tuesday.
"The speed in which it was done was obviously flattering and gives me great confidence," added the 40-year-old. "They showed great belief in me and that was nice.
"When we're signing players we put so much effort into researching them and that should be the same for the manager. They have to fit with the ethos of the club and whether they fit into the process and will instil the right values.
"After speaking to the owners and decision-makers at Leeds I felt we were really aligned. I was excited when they were speaking and highlighted my role and what they knew about me, and likewise I must have come across in a way they expected in terms of how I see things working and what I'd want to do. It all F***ed nicely and that was one of the reasons it was all so quick."

Heckingbottom was born in Barnsley, played for the club and then took them up from League One as manager. He had also only signed a new contract at Oakwell last week so, understandably, the move caused a bit of a furore.
Heckingbottom, however, says that the contract had been agreed a long time ago and that the announcement was delayed further due to the tragic passing of club owner Patrick Cryne last month, making it a non-issue.

"It was initially said to me that I'd be signing a new deal last March," Heckingbottom said. "But it was difficult to get it finalised and when it did there was the really sad news about Patrick, who sadly passed away a week later. So out of respect we delayed the announcement.

"But the timing of it all has been blown way out of proportion. It could have been done last April but it wasn't, so the only two parties who suffered were me, because I didn't get paid a rise, and Leeds, who had to pay more compensation to Barnsley. That can't be fallen back on because it was never an issue.
"It was sad in a way but not a wrench [to leave]. Part of the decision when you're signing to become a head coach of a football club is that you're going to be leaving at some point. You're either going to get sacked or move to another job.

"If I'm honest while playing, coaching and managing there have been opportunities to leave and I've never really explored them because I haven't wanted to, but this was too big an opportunity to turn down. I didn't ask anyone, I just came and wanted to get it done, which shows that I know it's the right thing. I could have stayed doing what I was doing, or come to work for a massive club and test myself in a totally different environment.

"Part and parcel of being a manager is testing yourself and pushing yourself. When these decisions come along you have to go with your instinct, which is what I've done. I love what I do, so why not do it at a club like this?"

It's not going to be an easy start for Heckingbottom at Leeds. Their next six games are all against other sides in the top half of the table and it's a run that will likely make or break their season.
He will, however, undoubtedly have half an eye on April 21 when Leeds host Barnsley at Elland Road - the fixture that has, in many ways, defined his life in the game.

"I used to get a lot of stick off of [the Leeds fans]! But now it's shifted and I imagine the Barnsley fans will give me a lot of stick," he said. "I used to get kicked to lumps every week on the field behind my mum's house. It was always Leeds vs Barnsley. They were older than us but not as good as us, so they had to kick us! Then you get it thrown down your throat how big a club Leeds are.

"But no one has to tell me about this club, and I know I've made some of those lads who used to kick me really happy. So that's been nice as well."
First it's Bramall Lane on Saturday, where he'll be coming up against another local Yorkshire lad in Chris Wilder.

"It's a good one for me and Chris because we were both local lads who grew up watching and playing in Yorkshire derbies," he said. "It's an ideal start and one we're really looking forward to. I'll be making the players aware that there's a lot riding on it.
"When you're playing a team above you the ultimate goal is to close that gap, and that starts on Saturday."

www.skysports.com/football/news/11715/11240021/paul-heckingbottom-interview-joining-leeds-leaving-barnsley-and-facing-sheffield-united
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #194 på: Februar 08, 2018, 19:39:39 »

Asked how well suited he would be to the role of head coach, Heckingbottom beamed: “Big appeal. That was my title at Barnsley but we had less resources and were a smaller club. You feel responsible for everything and you want everything to be right and spot on. “You can begin to spread yourself too thin dealing with lots of issues which here, maybe I’ll be involved in but there’ll be other people to help get the job done. It is a big appeal for me.”

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/honoured-heckingbottom-keen-to-capitalise-on-big-appeal-of-leeds-united-1-9008571
Ja her setter han fingeren på en av mange fordeler med den nåværende strukturen.

Uansett modell og struktur vil suksess eller ikke suksess avhenge av at AR gjør gode ansettelser i nøkkelposisjoner. Feiler han for mye der vil (3)5 års planen mislykkes uansett hvor mye penger han spytter inn i transferfondet.
Jon R.

Xern

« Svar #195 på: Februar 09, 2018, 00:45:47 »

Ja her setter han fingeren på en av mange fordeler med den nåværende strukturen.

Uansett modell og struktur vil suksess eller ikke suksess avhenge av at AR gjør gode ansettelser i nøkkelposisjoner. Feiler han for mye der vil (3)5 års planen mislykkes uansett hvor mye penger han spytter inn i transferfondet.
En annen ting er vel at i trenger kontinuitet på trenersiden også. Håper vi nå får det hos Hekken
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #196 på: Februar 09, 2018, 07:32:28 »

Ja , er jo sånn denne modellen stort sett fungerer..aldri skjønt hva man er redd for..
Nei, det er fortsatt ikke musikk i mine ører.... jeg liker ikke at et mellomledd (Orta)mellom trener og eier skal avgjøre om spilleren skal kjøpes eller ikke. Dette setter like høye faglige krav til sportsdirektøren. Dette funker når trener og sportsdirektør tenker likt, samarbeider bra og ser de samme kvaliteter i spillere. Det er her jeg mener Orta ikke holder faglig.....men det er han som til slutt bestemmer slik vi til nå har erfart.....vi får se......

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #197 på: Februar 09, 2018, 07:44:05 »

Nei, det er fortsatt ikke musikk i mine ører.... jeg liker ikke at et mellomledd (Orta)mellom trener og eier skal avgjøre om spilleren skal kjøpes eller ikke. Dette setter like høye faglige krav til sportsdirektøren. Dette funker når trener og sportsdirektør tenker likt, samarbeider bra og ser de samme kvaliteter i spillere. Det er her jeg mener Orta ikke holder faglig.....men det er han som til slutt bestemmer slik vi til nå har erfart.....vi får se......

Hvis da sportsdirektøren har fullmakt uten å måtte forhøre seg med eieren kan det funke. Men da må vi ha en kompetent sportsdirektør. Fordelen er at at coachen da slipper å måtte forholde seg til det med spillerkjøp og bruke tid og energi på dette. Og hvis da sportsdirektøren faktisk hører på coachen når det kommer til spillertyper han vil ha på laget.
Største abere jeg ser med at manageren skal være dn som bestemmer hvilke spillere som skal kjøpes in er at så fort det blir en ny manager, ja da skal manageren hente inn spillere han kjenner fra før. Og ved da å ikke ha en rutinert kar, ja da blir det ofte en manager som henter inn spillere fa laget han hadde.

Jeg liker tanken med å ha en sportsdirektør som henter inn spillere. Men det forutsetter et meget godt speidersystem, og at en sportsdirektør faktisk er meget kompetent. På det siste, så tviler jeg at Orta faktisk er såpass kompetent til å hente inn de rette spillerne som trengs. Og så kan coachen gjøre det han er ansatt for. Ã… gjøre spillerne han har tilråde bedre . Og dermed så slipper man hver gang en ny coach ansettes det evigvinnende problemet med en coach som skriker høyt om at det ikke var hans spillere

Annesj

« Svar #198 på: Februar 09, 2018, 08:23:10 »

Det er vel heller ikke det PH sa så vidt jeg skjønner. Det han sa var vel at Orta og co identifiserer spillere sammen med PH. Orta og co går da ut å henter spilleren uten at PH involvert i DEN prosessen. Hvordan vet du at det er Orta som har siste ordet?
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Jon R

« Svar #199 på: Februar 09, 2018, 08:30:30 »

Uansett modell og struktur er det jo en eller annen som må ha hovedansvaret for å rekruttere og denne personen må være topp kvalifisert og ikke minst ha TID til å jobbe med dette spesielle området. Hvis det fungerer slik PH beskriver, vil det være et tett samarbeid. Det er slik mange store klubber i Europa driver. Det vil være fordeler og ulemper med alle modeller. Slik jeg ser det er det flere fordeler med Leeds modell enn den tradisjonelle engelske managermodellen.

Det viktigste her og nå er jo at PH er tilfreds med en slik struktur og at den fungerer slik i praksis, ikke bare på papiret.
« Siste redigering: Februar 09, 2018, 08:36:34 av Jon R »
Jon R.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #200 på: Februar 09, 2018, 10:19:33 »

Det er vel heller ikke det PH sa så vidt jeg skjønner. Det han sa var vel at Orta og co identifiserer spillere sammen med PH. Orta og co går da ut å henter spilleren uten at PH involvert i DEN prosessen. Hvordan vet du at det er Orta som har siste ordet?
Jeg vet ikke dette sikkert. Men det har vært ganske innlysende frem til nå at det har vært slik. Basert på hva TC har sagt, og slik jeg har tydet intervjuer med Rad....

Annesj

« Svar #201 på: Februar 09, 2018, 10:30:24 »

Jeg vet ikke dette sikkert. Men det har vært ganske innlysende frem til nå at det har vært slik. Basert på hva TC har sagt, og slik jeg har tydet intervjuer med Rad....

Kan godt hende du har rett i dette. Vi får se fremover hvordan spillere som 4shaw(syns han har vist gode takter), De Bock å evt Roberts presterer. Roberts er jo en PH selv ønsket på lån til Barnsley. Ikke overbevist av Orta akkurat selv til nå, men gir det denne sesongen før jeg begynner å dømme han.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Torpe-do

« Svar #202 på: Februar 09, 2018, 10:42:20 »
Syns Heckingbottom gjorde ein god figur på pressekonferansen.

Ser for meg ein anna intensitet både med og utan ball.

Gledar meg til kamp!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #203 på: Februar 09, 2018, 16:47:08 »
Paul Heckingbottom's tactics at Leeds United: What we can expect to see from the new manager - Leeds Live

Leeds appointed Paul Heckingbottom as their new head coach on a one-and-a-half year deal this week, after dispensing with Thomas Christiansen following his eight-month spell at the club.

Elland Road chiefs triggered a £500,000 release clause in his Barnsley deal after parting ways with Christiansen on Sunday, following a crushing 4-1 home defeat to Cardiff City.

The Barnsley boss has come under fire for switching clubs just one week after signing a new contract with the Tykes. He became the first Yorkshireman to take charge of Leeds since Neil Redfearn in June 2015, and faces a baptism of fire with a trip to Bramall Lane against Chris Wilder’s Sheffield United this Saturday.

We’ve taken a closer look at the latest name in the Elland Road hotseat, and what Leeds fans can expect to see from his side.

Heckingbottom's background

He started out at Manchester United’s academy as a defender, and went on to play for a host of clubs including Norwich, Bradford City, Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday, making over 400 professional appearances before retiring in 2011.

Heckingbottom worked as a coach with Barnsley's Development Squad, before replacing Danny Wilson in a brief spell as caretaker boss in 2015. He returned to the same role a year later following Lee Johnson’s departure to Bristol City.

Heckingbottom then guided his boyhood club to Championship promotion through success in the League One play-offs, and won the Football League Trophy before being appointed permanent head coach in June 2016.

He helped guide the Tykes to a respectable 14th-place finish in the Championship in 2016-17, despite the sales of several key players, including captain Conor Hourihane and leading scorer Sam Winnall in the January transfer.

The 40-year-old endured an incredibly difficult campaign this season, leaving the club in 21st-place and just four points off bottom-placed Burton Albion. There is no hiding the fact that his side picked up just one win in his last 16 matches as manager.

He recently attracted the attentions of both Nottingham Forest and Sunderland, as well as completing a BSc (Hons) in Sports Coaching in 2013, before following it up last summer with an MSc in Sport Coaching.

What type of manager is he?

Heckingbottom won the Football League trophy with the Tykes(Image: Getty Images Europe)
Barnsley-born Heckingbottom is a straight-talking Yorkshireman, and Leeds have appointed a head coach who is well respected for achieving success at Barnsley with limited resources. He has also helped develop a crop of young stars as a development coach and first team manager.

He has a meticulous attention to detail, with his sides well organised and well drilled in pressing high up the pitch collectively. He prefers his side to play at a fast tempo and to work hard with and without the ball. The former Manchester United academy graduate will push his players’ fitness levels, and want his players to enjoy their football, while expecting them to be aggressive both in and out of possession.

He possesses strong man-management skills, and will be taking the next few weeks to learn how to get the very best out of each of his players.

Likely Formation Change:

Heckingbottom is likely to make changes at Elland Road(Image: Leeds United)
Heckingbottom is likely to tinker with the existing 4-2-3-1 system the players have been working with since September 2016, when Garry Monk adopted it as the club’s default formation last season.

Thomas Christiansen kept the same system in place, and was openly criticised for his one-dimensional tactics and refusal to adapt the formation, regardless of the level of opponent, venue or competition.

Heckingbottom has predominantly used a traditional 4-1-4-1 system with Barnsley this season, but also utilised 4-4-2 and 4-3-3, and the occasional 4-2-3-1 set up.

During the Tykes’ promotion-winning 2015-16 campaign, Heckingbottom used a number of formations, including 4-3-3, 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1, but used 4-4-2 as his primary system.

Leeds desperately require a change of set up after stuttering their way through away games, and have come up short against more physically imposing sides. In a 4-2-3-1, our wide forwards are often stretched and underperforming without the ball, leaving full-backs stretched and exposed.

Our midfield has often struggled to impose itself on the game, often overpowered against more physical opponents in Wolves, Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday this season.

Barring the 3-4 home defeat to Millwall, the goals have somewhat dried up, and there is a strong case for Leeds benefiting from playing an extra forward to play off the shoulder of a front man, as opposed to playing a sole forward in Lasogga, Roofe or Ekuban. With so much emphasis and early promise on the flexibility and fluidity of Leeds’ forward line, the club have mustered just five goals in their last seven matches.

Calming Influence On The Squad

Leeds fans will be hoping for fewer red cards(Image: Getty Images)
Leeds’ disciplinary problems have been well documented, with four players being given their marching orders in Thomas Christiansen’s last five matches as head coach.

Heckingbottom’s appointment is certainly expected to shake things up, and he will be expecting his new squad to give everything to prove themselves worthy of a starting place, but not at the expense of further disciplinary issues.

Leeds’ new head coach is inheriting a squad that realistically isn’t top-six material, overachieving at the start of the season, and now almost bereft of confidence. Leeds chairman Andrea Radrizzani believes his new head coach has the “motivation and mentality” to succeed at the Premier League-starved side. Heckingbottom will be looking to pick up his players quickly and change the mentality of the squad.

The club can ill afford to lose any more of their first team players, and while Leeds have picked up six red cards, more than any other Championship side this season, their new head coach will not tolerate a similar lack of discipline. Leeds have picked up 56 yellow cards and six red cards in the league this season, while Barnsley have received 49 yellow cards and two dismissals.

Leeds’ long list of absentees have also taken a toll on their back line, looking increasingly vulnerable from balls being played into the penalty area, on top of losing knock-downs and second balls in their own half. The new coaching staff, returning players and plain hard graft on the training ground should rectify the defensive chaos that currently looms.

Committing Fewer Fouls

Leeds have been beset by disciplinary issues(Image: Getty Images)
Barnsley have committed the fewest fouls per game (10.5) of any Championship side this season, and this is a testament to Heckingbottom despite the club’s poor form. In comparison, Leeds have committed an average of 12.3 fouls per game, the joint-10th highest average in the division.

It’s fairly likely we will see a significant decrease in the amount of fouls being conceded. Leeds have been guilty of gifting opponents far too many set pieces in dangerous areas this season, with the club conceding 17 goals from dead ball situations. Heckingbottom wants his sides to press heavy in the middle and final third of the pitch, but will want to call a halt to give opponents chances on the cheap.

Increased Attempts On Goal

Leeds need more shots on goal
Barnsley may have averaged a goal a game this season (29 goals in 30 league games), but they have attempted 13 shots per game compared to Leeds’ average of 11.7. Heckingbottom will be asking his players to take more chances this season.

Leeds need to increase the amount of chances they create, with the club ranked 16th-highest (9.9) for most chances created per game in the division.

The Tykes attempted 391 total shots in the Championship under Heckingbottom this season, with Leeds completing just 352 attempts. Quite a considerable gap considering the club’s league positions and respective squads.

Gjanni Alioski leads the charts for Leeds in terms of most shot attempts (54), followed by Pierre-Michel Lasogga (49), Samu Saiz (49) and Pablo Hernandez (45). Interestingly, Leeds’ leading Championship scorer this campaign, Kemar Roofe, has scored eight goals from just 39 shots in 2017/18. Heckingbottom will know getting Roofe back to goalscoring form will reap rewards and points.

Improved Set Piece Efficiency

Leeds have plenty of dead ball talent(Image: Leeds United)
We are wandering into Leeds’ set piece specialist coach Gianni Vio’s territory, but Barnsley have been more efficient than Leeds from set piece deliveries this season, and I would expect there to be an improvement here over the coming weeks.

Barnsley have scored 13 of their goals (28%) this season from set-pieces, one more than from Leeds (12) this season. Vio survived the recent cull, and could well play a crucial role in Heckingbottom’s backroom team.

Leeds have attempted just 76 shots from set pieces in the Championship this season, only Nottingham Forest (73) and Burton (69) have attempted fewer. Barnsley rank 16th with 95 total attempts.

Leeds have an abundance of set piece specialists at the club, Pablo Hernandez and Samu Saiz among others, and will be looking for a better deliveries and enhance conversion rates.

Heckingbottom will also expect a larger contribution from his defenders, with only Pontus Jansson registering his name on the scoresheet in the league in 2017/18.

Another vital area Heckingbottom will need to address is Leeds’ vulnerability from set pieces this season, with the club conceding no fewer than 17 set piece goals across all competitions (39%). Barnsley conceded 27% of their league goals from dead ball situations under Heckingbottom in 2017/18.

Decrease In Players Dispossessed

Two particular stats have caught the eye in terms of chance creation and possession loss between the two clubs: Barnsley have lost possession from players being dispossessed fewer times per game (10.6) than Leeds (11.5) this season; Barnsley have completed more take-ons per game (8.7) than Leeds (7.6) in the Championship in 2017/18.

Heckingbottom will no doubt be looking to progress the side’s ball retention and chance creation in the upcoming weeks. Samu Saiz’s return following his six-match ban for spitting, will have a significant influence on Leeds’ take-on completion rate, with the Spaniard completing 52 take-ons this season, more than any other player at the club.

Improvement In Wide Areas

Paul Heckingbottom expects an enormous amount of hard work from his players both with and without the ball. Out of possession, Barnsley blocked 98 crosses in the Championship this season, only Hull made more (Leeds blocked 80). This is where I would expect Heckingbottom to better the output from our wide players. A change in formation, perhaps to a 4-4-2, would help protect the channels and full-backs.

Leeds and Barnsley share one very similar stat - they have blocked more passes than any other Championship sides this season (Leeds 271; Barnsley 268). Leeds’ 4-2-3-1 system requires a significant amount of collective pressing and work from the front five players without the ball.

Christiansen tried several players out wide(Image: Getty Images)
Christiansen wanted his side to work hard without the ball, and tried a number of players out wide to suit his gameplan without finding consistency - Alioski, Roofe, Cibicki, Dallas, Hernandez and Sacko.

In Leeds’ last game, a 1-4 home defeat to Cardiff, they were simply overpowered in midfield. Hernandez was shifted out to the left, Alioski on the right, with Roofe slotted in at number 10. Vieira and Forshaw were left to shield a vulnerable back four.

Barnsley have also attempted more crosses per game (4.4) than Leeds (3.3), an obvious area Leeds have needed to develop. Leeds had worked on improving their offensive output from wide areas, something Christiansen tried to correct at Thorp Arch, but there were only faint signs of overall improvement.

Winning More Duels

Leeds need to be winning more duels across several areas if they are to improve their league position. In Leeds’ 1-4 home defeat to Cardiff, the visitors won almost twice as many tackles (21) than the Whites (11).

Heckingbottom will be aware that his new crop of players need to revamp their combative streak and win more aerial balls, second balls, and to steal possession more frequently if they are to put more points on the board.

Despite Barnsley being placed 21st in the table, they have won more aerial duels per game (22.9) than Leeds (21.2), and have made more interceptions per game (11.3) than Thomas Christiansen’s Whites (10.6). It could be said Leeds have relatively no midfield options six foot tall (barring the odd appearance from Conor Shaughnessy), so they have a relatively smaller side compared with most of their divisional rivals. Again, no surprises here.

Forshaw can be key here(Image: Leeds United)
Heckingbottom inherits a squad made up of very few leaders, but the club’s January additions of left-back Laurens De Bock and midfielder Adam Forshaw will no doubt have a position effect on the club’s fortunes.

In Forshaw, Leeds have added a potential club captain, a central leader with vital experience to their midfield. His ball retention is the best at the club (85.7%), but his ball-winning abilities are equally as impressive, winning 5.5 tackles per game in two appearances, higher than any other Leeds player this season.

De Bock is another vital January signing, especially given the club’s lengthy absence of having an experienced natural left-back at their disposal. The 25-year-old defender made an average of 3.3 tackles per game in 3 appearances, second only to Forshaw.

Heckingbottom had talented Scottish centre-back Liam Lindsay at his disposal at Barnsley, with the 22-year-old winning 125 aerial duels in 26 league appearances. An exceptionally talented defender destined for a Premier League move if ever there was one.

Leeds have Pontus Jansson as their leading aerial ball winner, with 91 successful headers in the league this season. His centre-back partner, Liam Cooper, has won just 50 aerial duels in 24 league games this season. Matthew Pennington, on loan from Everton, and third in line to Leeds’ centre-back spots, has won just 24 headers in 13 league games. It is abundantly clear this is an area the club will need to strengthen in the summer.

Another loanee, Pierre-Michel Lasogga, is the best attacking aerial ball winner at the club, having won 70 headers in just 18 league games. Heckingbottom will demand a better contribution from his players across the board.

Reduce Late Goals Conceded

Despite Barnsley’s perilous position in the Championship, they have conceded fewer second half goals (19) than Leeds (21) this season. There may be a number of contributing factors to this - potentially fitness based, poor concentration levels and a squad low in confidence, but Heckingbottom will not want to gift as many points away so late in the game.

Leeds’ new head coach has a great deal of work ahead of him if Leeds are to end their seven-match winless run. Heckingbottom also faces a challenging fixture list with the Whites set to play Sheffield United, Bristol City, Derby, Brentford, Middlesbrough and Wolves in their next six matches. An arduous test for any Championship manager.

Heckingbottom is a coach who thrives on challenges, and he now faces the biggest one of his career. Realistically, he has eighteen months to secure promotion to the Premier League, but first he has a season-defining month ahead of him.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #204 på: Februar 10, 2018, 08:57:39 »
Cooper om Heckingbottom

The Leeds defender added: “The manager said to us that he is not going to keep everyone happy. He wants to create a culture at the club where everyone can work hard, leave the troubles out of the door when we come in and train to our max, and we will definitely be doing that.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #205 på: Februar 10, 2018, 09:34:16 »
Så til "Eckie"'s avskjed med BFC:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

« Svar #206 på: Februar 10, 2018, 11:00:11 »
LUFC Lewis
@LewisDeighton17

FUN FACT!

Heckingbottom became manager of Barnsley when they were 10th in league 1, his first game in charge was on February 10th. He got them promoted that season.

Heckingbottom is now the #LUFC manager, we're 10th in the league, his first game in charge is February 10th.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Promotion 2010

« Svar #207 på: Februar 10, 2018, 11:04:08 »
PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM says his appointment as head coach offers a definite clean slate to every member of Leeds United’s squad.

Heckingbottom will take charge of his first game since succeeding former head coach Thomas Christiansen when the Whites visit Sheffield United for Saturday’s Championship Yorkshire derby.

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts
Leeds still have three players suspended for the clash with skipper Liam Cooper, fellow defender Gaetano Berardi and star no 10 Samu Saiz all remaining banned for their recent misdemeanours while United could have as many as four players missing through injury.

Right-back Luke Ayling is definitely out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury while centre-back Conor Shaughnessy is another player recovering from an ankle problem. Striker Caleb Ekuban also remains sidelined as he continues to recover from breaking a bone in his foot while doubts still concern the participation of deadline day striker signing Tyler Roberts who arrived at the club having taken a knock.

Heckingbottom will subsequently be utilising the United squad as a whole and the 40-year-old head coach admitted that his arrival offered a definite chance for every player to impress including those currently not involved.

Asked if his appointment meant a clean slate and a fresh start, Heckingbottom admitted; “Yes, definitely.

“I have seen games and played against them and I know players from previous clubs who have been at our previous games that I have seen and then I would be foolish not to tap into the knowledge of the staff who have been working with them all the time. There is always going to be an external input before I come in but now I am judging them as I see them, as I get to know them as people and footballers because that’s one thing that I do like to do.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #208 på: Februar 10, 2018, 11:17:08 »
Tabellen før første kamp med ny manager:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

GeirO

« Svar #209 på: Februar 10, 2018, 12:11:26 »
Da starter han 7 poeng etter Play off og 13 poeng bak direkte opprykk. Så får vi se....
MOT