Skrevet av Emne: Financial Fair Play (FFP)  (Lest 39363 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Sv: Financial Fair Play (FFP)
« Svar #150 på: Mars 10, 2020, 21:55:48 »
The  Athletic skriver om det potensielle poengtrekket til Sheffield W.

https://theathletic.com/1666694/2020/03/10/sheffield-wednesday-efl-points-deduction/?source=shared-article

EFL ‘frustrated’ by Wednesday’s stalling but want to deduct points this season

It is understood the EFL’s new leadership is desperate to resolve the case well before the end of this season so any punishment is applied in this campaign and not held over until next season. The rationale is that a points deduction in August is not as punitive as one in March or, to put it another way, justice delayed is justice denied.

Men det er ikke bare Wednesday:
Birmingham City got their nine-point penalty last season for incurring losses of nearly £49 million over three seasons — £10 million over the limit. Since then, however, the EFL has told the clubs points will be deducted on a sliding scale, from three points for a breach of less than £2 million to 12 points if it is more than £15 million. A further nine points can be taken away if the panel agrees the breach involved deception or the club failed to cooperate.
Derby were the first club to spot the stadium-sale loophole in 2017 and they transformed a huge annual loss into a £40 million profit when owner Mel Morris bought Pride Park for £80 million. Since then, Villa’s owners have bought Villa Park for nearly £57 million, Reading’s owners have purchased the Madejski Stadium for just under £27 million and St Andrew’s was sold to a company linked to Birmingham’s owners for £23 million.
La oss knekke disse sleipingene. Gjør EFL det, skal jeg begynne å se dem i et bedre lys.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Josch

« Svar #151 på: Mars 15, 2020, 16:16:33 »
Tapene for klubbene kan bli mye større en ventet denne sesongen pga corona. Flere klubber kan måtte bryte den lovlige tapsgrensen for tre sesonger hvis inntekt svikter og spillerlønn fortsatt utbetales. Vil det bli fulle tribuner etter corona-suspensjon?
Her må reglene endres, sannsynligvis.
Og hvordan skille juksemakere fra de ærlige klubbene med kun corona-underskudd?

RoarG

« Svar #152 på: Mars 15, 2020, 17:19:08 »
Tapene for klubbene kan bli mye større en ventet denne sesongen pga corona. Flere klubber kan måtte bryte den lovlige tapsgrensen for tre sesonger hvis inntekt svikter og spillerlønn fortsatt utbetales. Vil det bli fulle tribuner etter corona-suspensjon?
Sikkert ikke lett, så her slipper antageligvis juksemakerne unna?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

ollan

« Svar #153 på: Mars 17, 2020, 09:02:32 »
Sikkert ikke lett, så her slipper antageligvis juksemakerne unna?

Slik det ligger an nå vil nok mange klubber slite, sikkert endel som vil gå konkurs osv....
Ollan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #154 på: Mars 08, 2024, 12:12:28 »
Gammal tråd - men poster det her.

Adonis er 'at it again'. De tre klubbene som havnet over oss forrige sesong er alle nå i FFP-trøbbel.
Hadde vi rykket ned om de hadde fulgt reglene?
...og kommer ikke straffen altfor lang tid senere, når klubbene det egentlig gikk ut over forlengst har rykket ned og ut av bildet...

Last season #LUFC were relegated from the Premier League.

The three sides that finished above them were: Nottingham Forest, Everton & Leicester.

Forest & Everton have been charged with breaches of Financial Fair Play. Leicester are expected to be.

6 point deductions for Everton and Leicester would have kept Leeds in the Premier League. But sanctions - should they stick - will come too late, even to effect Leeds efforts to get promoted this season.

Letting clubs spend wantonly, then sanctioning after lengthy investigations is not a deterrent and is not working.

Everton's 6 point deduction this season doesn't benefit Leeds. And any Premier League points deduction for Leicester next season will only effect Leeds if they get promoted.

Like few others Leeds have been punished for financial breaches. 25 points worth of deductions in the past. And while playing by the rules in the recent seasons, they saw other sides gamble with the rules and get promoted.

The reason FFP laws exist is to ensure that clubs don't burn their wings flying too close to the sun. But it is not working. A huge amount of clubs have gambled too much to get promoted, and sunk.

Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, Reading, Stoke and many more all tumbled down the Football League having tried to scramble back to the big time.

Those communities are hurting, and FFP hasn't helped. And the laws didn't stop Leeds getting relegated, but they should have.

Instead of letting clubs spend whatever they want, why not project finances for the coming season and have a budget allowance (cap) for each transfer window?

Each club would have to spend within their budget and no one could be in breach. Agents power could be curbed, and wages and transfer fees which have spiraled out of control could be brought down to Earth.

Plenty of other sports have salary and spending caps. It is a model that works, allows for growth, while maintaining sustainability. Ensuring a level financial playing field, and that clubs like Bury don't go out of existence.

Clubs have protested against an Independent Regulator for Football. I seem to remember #LUFC CEO Angus Kinnear comparing the idea to Maoist China (?) But words are cheap and results are consequential.

The failings of FFP - the asterisk next to every Man City honour, the expulsion of Bury, State-owned clubs, Ambramovich's ownership of Chelsea, Betting sponsorships, the European Super League, inequality in diversity, tragedy chanting, violence in football, corrupt agents, fan safety, ticket prices, fixture changes for broadcast, scheduling, NFT & Crypto sponsors scamming fans, pedophilia scandals in kids football, sexism, racism & so much more.

The most footballing authorities ever seem to do is get players to wear a warm up t-shirt, make a statement, and pat themselves on the back.

There has never been more billions in football. But ticket prices are outrageous, fans are forgotten, stadiums rot, clubs go out of existence.

England is the home of the national sport, the global sport. But there is a reason Leeds fans sing "The Football League's corrupt" - and the reason is not just because it's fun and funny.

A law that punishes clubs that abide by it, far more heavily than the clubs that break it, is completely unfair - even if it's got Fair in the name. Leeds United have every right to be taking legal action against Everton, and should Leicester be also found in breach, them too.

Governing bodies, clubs, and anybody else benefiting from the current state of football can protest against an Independent Regulator all they like. But reality is telling a different story.

https://x.com/theadelites/status/1766045089325809697?s=20
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #155 på: Mars 14, 2024, 10:46:43 »
Phil Hay tar for seg Leicesters problemer mht PSR (profit and sustainability rules) og konklusjonen er at Leeds virker å gå klar med grei margin. MEN, en ny sesong i Championship betyr salg av 'saleable assets'...

To sum this up briefly, Leicester are expected to breach the PSR loss limit for their most recent accounting cycle and the EFL, it appears, would like to sanction them for that this season. But the month is March, the Championship regular season is nine games and less than eight weeks from finishing and anyone clinging to hope of a points deduction affecting the table might be clutching at straws. Long story short: even the rules-makers do not seem certain about what should happen next.

As a whole, Leeds were able to trim their wage bill significantly, roughly halving it from a peak of around £12million a month. Relegation clauses imposing salary deductions of up to 60 per cent on their squad were key. More than £20m was also pulled in from the sale of Tyler Adams to Bournemouth in August. Another £20million was raised last month through the agreement of a permanent deal for Luis Sinisterra to join loan-club Bournemouth, a move Leeds said avoided them making a loss on the winger.
Clubs who talked to Leeds during this year’s winter window were under the impression that available transfer funds at Elland Road were limited. Having done much of their business in the summer, PSR did not allow for further major investment come January and there was no suggestion of trying to take Connor Roberts permanently from Burnley.

https://theathletic.com/5335329/2024/03/14/leeds-psr-ffp-leicester-promotion/#:~:text=profit%20and%20sustainability%20rules%20(PSR)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

« Svar #156 på: Mars 14, 2024, 12:40:53 »
Sikkert noen klubber som "budsjetterer" med poengtrekk, så la de få det som de vil...
MOT

Cherry

« Svar #157 på: Mars 14, 2024, 13:13:28 »
Lukter altså straff for Leicester, MEN ikke før neste sesong.
Poengtrekk fra start er jo ikke gunstig det heller..... :o

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #158 på: Mars 18, 2024, 15:19:12 »
The Guardian: Nottingham Forest trukket fire poeng – på nedrykksplass

https://www.vg.no/i/KnQG8G

Sent fra min LE2113 via Tapatalk

Johnnyj

« Svar #159 på: Mars 18, 2024, 15:54:02 »
The Guardian: Nottingham Forest trukket fire poeng – på nedrykksplass

https://www.vg.no/i/KnQG8G

Sent fra min LE2113 via Tapatalk
Interessant. Nå skaper de samtidig presedens for at Leicester og Everton burde bli trukket poeng også, i og med at deres overstridelser også gjelder inneværende sesong.

Men det er vel bare å anke avgjørelsen sånn at den uansett ikke trer i kraft før neste sesong.

Sydhagen

« Svar #160 på: Mars 18, 2024, 16:01:57 »
The @premierleague season finishes May 19. Assuming Forest appeal 4-point deduction for breaching PSR, PL says appeal hearing backstop date is May 24 (in advance of AGM). Appeal takes time. Real danger that relegation positions are finalised only after season finishes #NFFC #4pts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Cherry

« Svar #161 på: Mars 19, 2024, 17:06:35 »
Så kan man jo fundere over hvilke regler som slår inn på denne "poengtrekk-skalaen".
Everton altså med -10, så korrigert til -6 , fikk tilbake 4.
Forest altså -4 , men dette altså ikke endelig for noen avgjørelse før 24/5.
Leicester trekkes først før neste seong!?

For noe surr. :-\