Skrevet av Emne: OVERGANGSRYKTE: Michael Gray  (Lest 7748 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: OVERGANGSRYKTE: Michael Gray
« Svar #60 på: April 03, 2007, 23:10:42 »
Wise reluctant to lose services of loan star Gray

ON-LOAN defender Michael Gray will resist any quick decisions over his long-term future this summer after making a successful return to Leeds United.

The 32-year-old was a revelation at left-back during Friday's 2-1 victory over Preston, his first appearance since joining Leeds from Blackburn last month, and United are expected to extend their loan agreement with Rovers when his deal expires on April 21.
The initial month-long contract accepted by Gray shortly before the Football League's emergency loan deadline will take him up to United's visit to Southampton, their third last game of the Championship season.
But Leeds have negotiated the option to lengthen his stay and manager Dennis Wise would be reluctant to lose a player who brought immediate quality to the club's defence against high-flying North End.
"The future is not in my hands and it's something I can't speak about at the moment," said Gray.
"I'm a Blackburn player and I'm here on loan. I'm here for a month and I'll give 100 per cent, like I did last time. I'll show a bit of passion."
Wise, however, may have more serious designs on Gray's signature if Leeds fight off the threat of relegation that has hung over the club for most of the season.
Chairman Ken Bates claimed last week that United's former manager, Kevin Blackwell, had rejected the chance to sign Gray before the start of the campaign despite having brought the defender to Elland Road for a previous loan spell back in 2005.
The former Sunderland man's willingness to return for a second time suggested the possibility of a permanent move to United would prove attractive to him, but he signed a two-year contract with Blackburn last summer will refuse to consider alternative options until his position at Ewood Park becomes clear.
Rovers' purchase of Stephen Warnock from Liverpool in January forced Gray out of Mark Hughes' line-up, but Gray insisted he had no argument with the Blackburn manager's decision to overlook him, and described Warnock as "one of the best left-backs in the country".
Gray, who last featured for Blackburn two days before Christmas, said: "Stephen's been terrific since he came to the club. There are no qualms there.
"When you're sitting on the sidelines, you're always thinking about where your next chance is going to come from. I'm not a player who likes to sit in the stands. I did it a couple of years ago, and I didn't like it then."
Gray was given immediate promotion to Wise's first team on Friday night, and his signing appears to have effectively filled a position which has caused United continuous problems this season.
Wise fielded Robbie Elliott at left-back during United's recent trip to Southend despite the former Newcastle defender carrying a slight injury, but Gray already seems like a permanent fixture.
The former Sunderland and Celtic full-back featured 10 times for Leeds during his previous spell at Elland Road, but then found himself back in Hughes' favour on his return to Ewood Park.
Gray, however, was immediately willing to return to Leeds with Warnock refusing to relinquish his position in Blackburn's side.

Kilde: YEP (http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2220112&SectionID=46)
« Siste redigering: April 03, 2007, 23:11:17 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #61 på: April 03, 2007, 23:15:34 »
Permanent Move For Gray?

Leeds United could be interested in signing Blackburn's Michael Gray should they manage to stay in the Championship.

Kilde: blackburnrovers.rivals.net

berlin

« Svar #62 på: April 04, 2007, 00:03:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Permanent Move For Gray?

Leeds United could be interested in signing Blackburn's Michael Gray should they manage to stay in the Championship.

Kilde: blackburnrovers.rivals.net

ja takk gjerne. Man trenger ikke være synsk for å påstå noe sånt da.

kjelvi

« Svar #63 på: April 04, 2007, 17:30:59 »
Gray unsure of Blackburn future

Michael Gray admits he's unsure of his future at Blackburn Rovers.
Currently on-loan at Leeds United, Gray said: "The future is not in my hands.
"But Stephen Warnock is one of the best left backs, so there are no qualms about him taking my place at Blackburn."

tribalfootball.com

Peter7

« Svar #64 på: April 06, 2007, 00:57:27 »
Possibly Wise and Blackburn manager Hughes should concider swapping Michael Gray, the former England international with Stephen Crainey, the 25-year-old out of favour Scotland international full-back going the other way?

(noen dager for sent, kanskje)

Crainey 4 Scotland!
Vi skulle aldri ha solgt Terry Cooper til Middlesboro'

Per-Stian

« Svar #65 på: April 18, 2007, 15:14:44 »
Så vidt meg bekjent har vi ikkje signert Mickey for heile sesongen, men no fortel ryktene at han vil bli på Elland Road for å hjelpe oss.

"Blackburn Rovers fullback Michael Gray is keen to extend his loan deal at Leeds United. Gray is due to return to Ewood Park on Saturday."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=36252

kjelvi

« Svar #66 på: April 24, 2007, 01:26:32 »
I dag: Lånet utvidet i dag t.o.m. lørdag 6. mai, men med en 24 timers tilbakekallingsklausul.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1015423,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #67 på: April 24, 2007, 01:49:37 »
Gray extends loan spell at Leeds

Leeds have extended the loan spell of Blackburn defender Michael Gray until the end of the season.

Gray, who missed the defeat at Southampton through illness, is available for Leeds' last two games, but with a 24-hour recall clause.
Meanwhile, Alan Thompson's appeal against the red card received at Southampton will be heard on Wednesday.
Thompson faces a three-match ban for violent conduct, which would rule him out for the rest of the campaign.

BBC Sport
« Siste redigering: April 24, 2007, 01:50:07 av kjelvi »

chief

« Svar #68 på: April 24, 2007, 13:39:25 »
Endelig en god nyhet.

Gray har vært en solid forsterkning,og vil være en viktig spiller å ha med i innspurten.

1 4 all and all 4 1
1 4 all and all 4 1