Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Burnley 14/4  (Lest 28081 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Oggy

Re: KAMP: vs. Burnley 14/4
« Svar #210 på: April 15, 2007, 00:29:17 »
Børs fra meg:

Casper:  6
Frazer:  7
Heath:   7
Mich:    7
Gray:    7+
Blake:   6
Thommo:  7
Kish:    6
Lewis:   6
Healy:   6
Chressy: 6

Oggy

GeirO

« Svar #211 på: April 15, 2007, 00:34:39 »
Enig, alle var på det jevne i dag (6-7 poeng.)
MOT

Tom S

« Svar #212 på: April 15, 2007, 00:38:52 »
Midtbana vår var ikkje mykje svekka idag, heller forbedra så lenge vi brukte den.

Thommo gjorde ein god kamp i dag og fortsetter han i samme spor og kanskje enda bedre (med meir kamptrening) er det ikkje noko savn at Dougie er ute (sjølv om Thommo visstnok springer mindre).

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Tom S

« Svar #213 på: April 15, 2007, 00:40:26 »
Ja, spot on påfugl, du har rett som vanlig.
[8D]

quote:
Originally posted by peacock

Frazer er vår desidert dårligste spiller. I dag vil han nok en gang koste oss kampen, og nedrykket er et faktum.

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

oak-tjome

« Svar #214 på: April 15, 2007, 00:44:58 »
Gray derimot, var vår beste og banens beste!!!!!!!!!!!! Men det er vel ikke rart han er jo PL spiller og kvaliteter som det!! Skulle hatt flere av slike som han, og da hadde vi vle ikke vært der vi er nå vil jeg tro.

GeirO

« Svar #215 på: April 15, 2007, 00:45:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Asbjørn

Jeg skal gi Hunter rett i at vi begynte litt labert. Men det har blitt bra!
Jeg er enig i at det er venstresiden som har vært toneangivende. Spillet virker solid, så sånn sett er jeg rolig. Men 1-0...

Når vant vi sist komfortabelt???

Vi får sørge for å vinne selv, og drite litt i de andre. Fortsetter vi "steamen vår" blir det jo en hel del poeng til slutt [:)]

I'm gonna have to go to college
'cause you are the Book of Knowledge
Rita May

B.Dylan

Enkelt quizspørsmål. Sist vi vant komfortabelt var jo 11. november 2006 (3-0 mot Colchester)!

Uff, det var leeeenge siden.
MOT

Per-Stian

« Svar #216 på: April 15, 2007, 01:00:58 »
Grattis alle saman! Nok ein gong er trua styrka, med relativt gode resultat i dei andre oppgjera. Men vi har erfart at dette går i bølgjedalar, så vi får smøre oss med tolmot. Men ikveld kan vi unne oss noko alkoholeiningar[;)]

Ferre

« Svar #217 på: April 15, 2007, 01:07:03 »
Deilig med seier i dag! God 1. omgang, elendig 2. omgang. Men det var tre poeng vi skulle ha i dag, og det fikk vi. Kampen om fortsatt eksistens i CCC fortsetter.

Ankergren 6
Frazer 7
Michalik 7
Heath 7
Gray 7 BB
Blake 5
Thompson 6
Kishisev 6
Lewis 6
Healy 6
Cresswell 6

-WE'LL BE BACK-
« Siste redigering: April 15, 2007, 01:07:59 av Ferre »

RoarG

« Svar #218 på: April 15, 2007, 02:11:05 »
Leeds var skikkelig Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde i dag. Total dominans i 1. omgang, og en altfor liten ledelse. 2. omgang var et stort gjesp (Leeds-supporterne var desidert best), men Burnley var utrolig tannløse, så vi slapp av kroken denne gangen. Dersom vi er så heldige å ta ledelsen mot Southampton/Derby tviler jeg på at vi slipper like billig unna som i dag, hvis spillet som ble prestert i 2. omgang blir gjentatt. Banens beste var Gray, og banens nest beste var Djemba-Djemba som styrte midtbanen i 2. omgang.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

kjelvi

« Svar #219 på: April 15, 2007, 05:30:36 »
Heath boosts Leeds' hopes
Leeds 1 Burnley 0

Leeds endured another nerve-jangling finish but clung on to Matt Heath's first-half goal to boost their hopes of Coca-Cola Championship survival.

Heath outjumped the visitors' defence to power home a 21st-minute header from Alan Thompson's corner, while Frazer Richardson saw his 35-yard first-half volley clatter the crossbar.
The home side were unable to find a second goal and anxiously defended their narrow advantage against a disappointing Burnley outfit.
Dennis Wise's relegation-threatened side stormed out of the blocks in a game they dared not lose with Heath giving them a deserved lead.
But in the closing seconds of the first half Leeds goalkeeper Casper Ankergren pulled off a fine save to block Wayne Thomas' goalbound shot.
Leeds were without suspended skipper Jonathan Douglas, so Robbie Blake returned to the starting line-up, with David Healy handed the captain's armband for the remainder of the season.
Richardson returned to the back four in place of Rui Marques, while Tresor Kandol made way for Richard Cresswell, who shook off a knee injury.
Burnley manager Steve Cotterill named an unchanged starting line-up for the fourth match running.
Healy went close to giving Leeds a flying start but his low shot on the turn in the penalty area was collected by Burnley goalkeeper Brian Jensen.
Slick passing down the right then set Cresswell free and his low cross was hacked clear by Thomas, while Radostin Kishishev was off target with a raking shot from 30 yards.
Leeds were not to be denied the opener, Heath easing early tension on the terraces when he outjumped Burnley's defence to power home a header from Thompson's corner.
Leeds promptly defended two quick corners before Richardson thundered a 30-yard volley onto the crossbar with Jensen well beaten.
The home side's tails were up and they stormed forward again with Jensen this time tipping Cresswell's header from Heath's flick-on over the crossbar.
Paul McVeigh rifled a shot over the bar in a rare foray forward for the visitors before Heath went close to adding a second from another Thompson corner.
Neither side created a goalscoring chance in the second period until Lewis just failed to latch on to Richardson's cross at the far post.
Healy then swivelled onto a loose ball in the area but failed to keep it down, while at the other end McVeigh and then James O'Connor blazed high and wide from outside the area.
Thompson stroked a trademark free-kick straight at Jensen but with 15 minutes of the game remaining the second half had barely flickered into life.
Wise made his intentions clear when he replaced Blake with defender Rui Marques in the final quarter, while not even the introduction of substitutes Ade Akinbiyi and John Spicer could inspire Burnley out of their end-of-season torpor.

breakingnews.iol.ie

« Siste redigering: April 15, 2007, 05:34:02 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #220 på: April 15, 2007, 05:36:27 »
Heath raises Leeds hopes
Leeds United 1 Burnley 0

Leeds owed a crucial victory in their survival struggle to another central defender, with Matt Heath going forward to head the winner at Elland Road.

Last Saturday, his centre-half partner Lubomir Michalik clinched three points with an 87th-minute header against Plymouth.
Heath’s goal came after 21 minutes but for much of the rest of the match his side were hanging on.
David Healy was appointed captain in the absence of Jonathan Douglas, who was suspended for the rest of the season following his 15th yellow card, and then a red, in Monday’s defeat at Colchester.
Northern Ireland striker Healy threatened in the fourth minute, turning smartly and hitting a low shot that forced Brian Jensen into a save.
Leeds had dropped back into the bottom three with the setback at Colchester and there was clearly great determination in the ranks to put their survival bid back on track.
They maintained the pressure and, after eight minutes, Richard Cresswell threatened with an overhead kick but Jensen saved comfortably.
It was a different matter after 21 minutes when the visiting goalkeeper could do nothing to prevent Heath giving Leeds the lead. The 25-year-old defender went forward and rose at the far post to meet a corner from Alan Thompson which he headed down and in.
It was Heath’s third goal for the club he joined from Coventry for a loan spell before signing a short-term contract to the end of the season.
Burnley beat Leeds at Turf Moor in November when they were flying high. They then went 19 games without a win — 18 of them in the Championship — and dropped into relegation danger before three consecutive victories lifted them to safety.
But yesterday they offered little threat to Leeds as they chased a second goal. Frazer Richardson was within inches of getting it after 23 minutes with a 40-yarder that beat Jensen and bounced to safety off the top of the bar.
Two minutes later, Jensen saved a Cresswell header and after 37 minutes somehow managed to deny Heath.
The Elland Road fans roared as the defender met another Thompson corner but there were gasps of amazement when they saw the ball in the hands of the Burnley goalkeeper rather than the net.
Burnley livened themselves up at the start of the second half and after 51 minutes Andy Gray, nephew of legendary Leeds player Eddie, had a chance to mark his return to Elland Road, where he began his career,with the equaliser. Gray met a low cross from Steve Jones at the near post but Casper Ankergren was able to fall on the ball to save.
Eric Djemba-Djemba made a strong run after 68 minutes before he was halted at the edge of the Leeds penalty area and Paul McVeigh moved on to the loose ball but his shot was deflected over for a corner.
Leeds were nothing like the dominant force of the first half and their attacks were few and far between.
When they did win a free-kick on the right after 72 minutes, Thompson directed his effort straight at Jensen.
The Leeds fans were growing anxious at the lack of the second goal that would have made the points safe.
There were groans every time Burnley won the ball and mounted an attack and they were relieved when Michael Gray managed to take the sting out of a Jones effort after 81 minutes, allowing Ankergren to claim the ball.

Dailymail.co.uk

Leeds04

« Svar #221 på: April 15, 2007, 07:23:02 »
Fikk ikke sett eller fulgt med på kampen i dag, men etter det jeg forstår var det en god og en dårlig omgang!
Spiller egentlig ingen rolle! Vi tok tre poeng, og nå er det så spennende at jeg nesten pisser i buksa!

"Why settle for more, when you can settle for less"
"Why settle for more, when you can settle for less"

Budda

« Svar #222 på: April 15, 2007, 18:03:45 »
Er det noen som har link til highlights fra kampen? Fikk ikke sett kampen dessverre
Endre

Ferre

« Svar #223 på: April 15, 2007, 18:29:10 »
Her er målet, filmet av en tilskuer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOyAORmjPQ

-WE'LL BE BACK-

kjelvi

« Svar #224 på: April 15, 2007, 19:35:04 »
Dennis trying to keep Wise head
Dennis Wise belied his hot-head reputation after watching his Leeds side boost their survival chances with a crucial 1-0 home win over Burnley.
Wise, a quick-tempered terrier of a midfielder during his playing days at Wimbledon and Chelsea, did his best to portray calm after another nail-biting finish at Elland Road.
Leeds hung on to Matt Heath's towering first-half header to bounce back from a damaging Easter Monday defeat at Colchester when anything other than three points would have left them staring at relegation with three games to go. But after another tense finish Wise insisted he was not feeling the strain.
He said: "No, I'm fine, seriously. Gus (Poyet) is a bit erratic as you see, but no I'm fine.
"You have to try to keep your wits about you a little bit and not cave in. I'm not one to cave in anyway."
Leeds dominated the first half against a Burnley side that looked anything but one of the Championship's form teams.
The Clarets had won their previous three matches, but Leeds should have wrapped the game up in the first half.
Frazer Richardson saw his thundering 30-yard volley rebound off the crossbar soon after Heath had broken the deadlock and Burnley goalkeeper Brian Jensen then kept out Richard Cresswell's header in brilliant fashion.
Leeds remain in the bottom three but moved level on points with Hull who drew with Colchester, while Barnsley and Leicester, who lost, are two points better off. Bottom two Luton and Southend both suffered home defeats.
Wise said: "We've pulled Hull closer and also now I think Leicester are two points in front of us as well. It's interesting.
"It's been down to the players. It would have been easy to go flat (after defeat at Colchester), but they showed they were up for it, ready for it and they're having a real bash at it.
"One thing I can say is I can't fault their commitment and character for what they've done.
"It's taken us a long time to try to sort this situation out, a long time, but we're gradually getting there. We'll have to wait and see."
Wise quickly shifted his focus to next Saturday's trip to former club Southampton, who still have plenty to do to secure a play-off spot.
He added: "I'm looking forward to it. I think they got beaten today, so it's a massive game for them. Expectations there were very high at the start of the season to get promotion.
"They've got enough quality there to be in the top two to be honest, so they may be in a false position where they are."
Burnley manager Steve Cotterill conceded his players left him frustrated after the first period, but insisted his side had been in command after the break.
Cotterill said: "The second half we dominated. I don't think they got in our half hardly in the second half.
"But that's probably going to happen, especially if they get their noses in front they're not going to gamble too much at the end.
"But it was frustrating in the first half because we didn't do the things we did in the second.
"We looked as if we'd had a few results and it was a sigh of relief for us in the first period.
"But after half-time we were a lot better and played with more zip, a bit more devilment, but not quite enough."
Cotterill conceded his side had found it difficult to create any openings due to Leeds' determined defending.
"Part of that was decent defending by them, but you would be right with that assessment.
"But had we played like that for the full 90 minutes they wouldn't have got near our goal to score in the first place."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #225 på: April 15, 2007, 19:36:18 »
Manager Says-Leeds 1-0 Clarets
Steve Cotterill will be hoping the performance in this match will be a blip with far too many players seeming to be underpar. James O'Connor, Eric Djemba-Djemba and Andy Gray all disappointed yesterday compared to their recent form.
Lets hope we can simply put this loss behind us and return to winning ways and the entertaining football that saw us comprehensively beat Plymouth,Birmingham and Cardiff in recent times. Lets start with the next match at home to Norwich this Tuesday night. This is our game in hand and where three points would assure safety barring a goal difference disaster. The 54 points would also equal last season's tally with a maximum of 9 points and a final total of 63 points achievable from our last three remaining games aginst WBA (H), Sunderland (A) and Coventry (H).
Steve had this to say about the Leeds result:
'The second half we dominated. I don't think they got in our half hardly in the second half.
'But that's probably going to happen, especially if they get their noses in front they're not going to gamble too much at the end.
'But it was frustrating in the first half because we didn't do the things we did in the second.
'We looked as if we'd had a few results and it was a sigh of relief for us in the first period.
"Leeds are difficult to play against especially when they have a crowd like they do at Elland Road. We knew it would be tough, but having said that if we had been better in the first-half we may have got something out of the game.But after half-time we were a lot better and played with more zip, a bit more devilment, but not quite enough.'
"We said going into the game that we had to head it well because they will stick balls in your box, create havoc and look for the knock-downs.
"The keeper got blocked for the goal, but we could have dealt with it. That's the disappointing part because we have worked hard on set-plays, but today it's undone us.
"We missed out on three headers and one of them has ended up in the back of the net. It isn't something which we didn't work on in training on Friday either so we're disappointed with the goal to say the least."

burnley.vitalfootball.co.uk