Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II  (Lest 35813 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II
« på: April 11, 2007, 08:46:52 »
Etter 40 sider, 782 postinger og 10.097 treff var det på tide å avslutte Part I-tråden og erstatte den!

Her er den Part I, med de meste om tidligere spillere og manager fra november 2006: http://www.luscos.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6926

kjelvi

Re: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II
« Svar #1 på: April 11, 2007, 08:51:26 »
DONCASTER want Danny Cadamarteri, 27, on a permanent basis. (The Sun)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Cadamarteri

« Siste redigering: April 11, 2007, 08:51:43 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: April 12, 2007, 06:41:16 »
WORTHY RALLIES HIS FOXES

New Leicester boss Nigel Worthington has called for 'passion and honesty' from his players as he begins his reign at the Walkers Stadium.

The former Norwich boss has taken over until the end of the season and even though he is initially only in the job for a month he still knows exactly what he wants from his troops.
He said: "I want the players to relax and enjoy the last month of the season. The only way we can do that is by winning games.
"All we need to do now is get the performance and the results right on the football pitch. We have got the players to do that and it is up to them to come to the fore with passion and honesty. They need to go out there and express themselves.
"I know the chairman and the supporters are up for it. It is now my job to make sure the players are."

Sportinglife.com
----

WORTHY SUCCESSOR AS KELLY GOES
Leicester have turned to former Norwich manager Nigel Worthington to help steer them to Coca-Cola Championship safety after sacking Rob Kelly.

Worthington, who was axed by Norwich in October and will face his former team at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday, has been placed in temporary charge until the end of the season by the Foxes' new owner Milan Mandaric.
(...)
"I have taken a decision to appoint Nigel Worthington as temporary caretaker manager with immediate effect and Nigel will be joined by Doug Livermore as his assistant.
"They have agreed to take charge for the remaining five games of the season at which time I will review and address the managerial situation."

Sportinglife.com

Også:
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2052068,00.html
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2054551,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/6544431.stm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=447893&in_page_id=1779
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/championship/article1640802.ece
« Siste redigering: April 12, 2007, 06:52:26 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: April 12, 2007, 06:53:14 »
RITCHIE: I CAN HELP TERRIERS BITE BACK

Newly-appointed Huddersfield boss Andy Ritchie has promised the club's fans "attractive, attacking football" in his attempt to revive the team's fortunes and win promotion to the Coca-Cola Championship next season.

Ritchie has signed a two-year deal at the Galpharm Stadium, just one week after Phil Parkinson had a last-minute change of heart in order to remain part of Alan Pardew's coaching set-up at Charlton.
Coincidentally, it was Ritchie's Barnsley side which knocked the Terriers out of last season's Coca-Coca League One play-off semi-finals.
The Yorkshire club have struggled to recreate similar success this season and currently lie eight points above the relegation zone, but the former Manchester United and Oldham striker has seen enough potential to believe they are not too far away from where they want to be.
He said: "Huddersfield are a massive club. You only have to look at the facilities, the backing, the infrastructure and the crowd to see their potential.
"They need to be higher than they are and my goal is to get them into the Championship as soon as possible.
"They have underachieved this year and I want to reignite the spark, reignite their enthusiasm and really go for it.
"I want to play attractive, attacking football, I believe that's the way forward.
"You have got to have a spark about the place to get the whole club wanting success, and I think that's achievable.
"But that has to start with the players and filter onto the pitch, which will in turn bring a lot more to the supporters and the town."
Ritchie, who replaces Peter Jackson after he was sacked by the club in March following a dismal run of results, will meet up with his new squad of players on Thursday.
However, caretaker boss Gerry Murphy will take charge for Saturday's daunting trip to league leaders Scunthorpe, who will gain promotion with a victory.
"It's a baptism of fire but a great game to go into as new team manager," added Ritchie.
"I'll take a back seat for the clash and just express what I want from the players beforehand.
"After that I'll be working with John Dungworth (first-team coach) and Gerry, both of whom know the club inside out.
"There are a lot of good players here who obviously haven't performed as they can do. But hopefully we can change that by making it a fun place to be."

Sportinglife.com

Også:
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1811_2051937,00.html
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=460211&CPID=11&clid=38&lid=2&title=Ritchie+takes+Terriers+post
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2054525,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/huddersfield_town/6538535.stm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=447906&in_page_id=1779
« Siste redigering: April 12, 2007, 06:54:17 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #4 på: April 12, 2007, 06:59:17 »
Carlisle happy to be back

Clarke Carlisle has explained how a positive outlook helped him overcome a serious thigh injury.

The Watford defender made his first Premiership appearance of the season in the 4-2 win over Portsmouth on Monday, after fighting back from surgery.
Carlisle's last serious injury was five years ago, when a problem with his cruciate knee ligament kept him on the sidelines for 18 months.
He admits he had problems coming to terms with that injury, and ended up having to be booked in to the Sporting Chance clinic.
"When I did my cruciate I went off the rails. I didn't handle it well at all," Carlisle told the Daily Star.
"You live and learn and hopefully grow up. I was determined to come through an injury problem better this time.
"When I went to the rehab clinic, there were people who helped me a great deal and gave me some values to live my life by.
"It's been extremely frustrating to be out for so long but you can't let it make you lose sight of real life and real priorities."
Carlisle could be selected for Watford's FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United this weekend, but is unsure if he will be called upon.
"It would be disrespectful to the other lads who have worked hard all season to start thinking about that," he said.
"I wouldn't want to take away anything from what they have done.
"But if the chance was offered to me, of course I would not turn it down."

SkySports.com
--------------

Carlisle delighted with winning Watford comeback
Watford fullback Clark Carlisle was delighted to make his comeback in Monday's victory over Portsmouth.

Carlisle had not played since coming off against Queen's Park Rangers at Loftus Road on April 22nd last season after tearing a thigh muscle.
"Its frightening to think that you're out with a torn thigh muscle and it's a year before you play again," Carlisle told Watford's website. "But it was absolutely fantastic to be back playing competitive football in the Premiership. It's a dream come true, it was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it."

Tribalfootball.com
« Siste redigering: April 12, 2007, 07:03:18 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #5 på: April 12, 2007, 15:28:38 »
BIRTHDAYS - APRIL 12:

1969: Former Leeds and South Africa defender Lucas Radebe is born. (Celebrates 38th birthday).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Radebe

« Siste redigering: April 12, 2007, 15:29:30 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #6 på: April 13, 2007, 01:22:26 »
I grew up in a rough area
AARON LENNON grew up on a gritty council estate called Little London.
And that makes it all the more ironic how England’s little dynamo admits he struggled to settle in the big city after being forced to join Tottenham.

London seemed far more than the 160 miles or so back home to the Leeds suburbs he loved so much.
While the terrier-like winger appeared comfortable on the wing in the lillywhite shirt of Spurs from day one, on the inside he was desperately homesick.
A near £4million price tag on an 18-year-old’s shoulders and the pressure to prove his worth for a club in the shadows of Arsenal and Chelsea is not easy to carry off.
Even though you will find more ASBOs than Aston Martins in Little London, this tough patch of Yorkshire was home and offered a safe haven for Lennon, who admits he was desperate to go back.
Now aged 19 and with eight England caps, the winger said: “I was very homesick when I first joined Spurs. I was only just 18. I was happy at Leeds and at home and didn’t think anything was happening in the summer regarding a move.
“But Leeds were having money troubles and they told me you have to go. I didn’t have any choice in it.
“I didn’t want to go to London. I didn’t know anyone here, had no friends or family and was really struggling.
“It was my first time away from home. On a day off it was certain I would be back in Leeds. My bag would be packed the day before.
"And even sometimes after a normal training day, if I thought there was a chance I could be back in Leeds by six o’clock that night I would be straight in my car and up the M1.
“I would go home just to see my family and friends. It was the routine I missed.
“People on the outside dismiss it by saying ‘he’s being paid a lot of money and playing every week’ but it’s not that simple. I was missing home so badly.
“Little London is not far from Chapeltown in Leeds. It’s quite a rough area, made up of council estates.
“It was not the best place to grow up but it made me what I am.
“Most of my friends are from that area and come down to watch me play even now or they travel across the country if we have a game up north.” Family is important to Lennon. Tottenham tried to make him feel at home after his £3.9m move in the summer of 2005 but it took time and patience from boss Martin Jol to coax the best out of his young star.
The street-style razor-cut eyebrows mark him out with the ‘gangsta’ look but he’s no hardman. On the inside what matters most are his nearest and dearest.
Ahead of tonight’s UEFA Cup clash with Seville, he added: “The manager gave me a break to go home — but not to Leeds. My dad and big brother came to see me and eventually I just started to enjoy it down in London.
“Those few days off did the trick. My dad has done everything for me and seeing him at my place really helped.
“He is my hero. If it wasn’t for him I would not be where I am today.
“He devoted his life to me and my brothers, making sure we didn’t miss a training session and that we were all playing as much football as possible.
“I can’t thank him enough. Now I go up to Leeds maybe once every three months. My family come down to visit but I feel fine and am enjoying my life.
“I feel such a part of it now. We have so many young lads coming through in this Spurs team. If we keep going like this we have a great chance of breaking into the top four.”
Spurs will need Lennon at his electrifying best to have any chance of overturning Seville’s 2-1 advantage.
Yet the pacy winger has a taste for the big occasion, not least when he scored the winner against Chelsea in November to cement his place in the affections of Spurs fans. A thrilling 3-3 draw in the FA Cup quarter-finals was followed by Chelsea’s 2-1 win in the replay three weeks ago.
At the end of that game Lennon’s young eyes were really opened when a fan ran on to the pitch and tried to punch Blues midfielder Frank Lampard.
Lennon recalled: “I couldn’t believe it. I was walking off the pitch and I could hear all the noise. I actually thought a few of the lads were having a fight! And then I saw a couple of fans on the pitch.
“It’s crazy when things like that happen. I was speaking to Lamps and he said it was crazy, he turned around and a fan was taking a swing at him.”

The Sun

kjelvi

« Svar #7 på: April 13, 2007, 01:29:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

“I was happy at Leeds and at home and didn’t think anything was happening in the summer regarding a move.
“But Leeds were having money troubles and they told me you have to go. I didn’t have any choice in it.

Skulle selvsagt aldri reist fra Leeds...!

kjelvi

« Svar #8 på: April 14, 2007, 17:38:54 »
Southgate keen to keep star duo
Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate feels keeping hold of Jonathan Woodgate and Mark Viduka this summer is "key" to the future of the club.
With six games still to play, Southgate is yet to turn his attention fully towards his summer recruitment programme, but two hugely important issues remain at the forefront of his mind.
England defender Woodgate returns to the squad after a hamstring injury for Saturday's game against Aston Villa with his future, like that of striker Viduka, still undecided.
Southgate has vowed not to rush either man into a decision with Woodgate's year-long loan deal from Real Madrid due to expire at the end of the season and Viduka in talks over a new contract.
However, he remains hopeful of securing both men and with them, the opportunity to attract other targets to Teesside.
He said: "I do not know if we can compete with huge offers, but we hope we can compete and impress upon people what we are trying to do here.
"We hope we are building something the players want to be a part of, and if we can keep those sort of players, it sends a signal out to other players who might be thinking about coming here that we are doing some things right.
"That is another reason it is key for us to try to keep hold of those guys.
"Players today will earn money whatever they do. They are in a very fortunate and privileged position in that respect.
"But the top guys want to have success and they want to be part of something they enjoy and that they feel is going in the right direction.
"At the moment, I think those two lads feel that way. But I respect the fact they have lots to think about."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #9 på: April 14, 2007, 18:10:05 »
The following players celebrate their birthday on April 14;

1981: Real Madrid's Spanish international defender Raul Bravo, previously on loan at Leeds United, is born. (Celebrates 26th birthday)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%BAl_Bravo
« Siste redigering: April 14, 2007, 18:10:41 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #10 på: April 14, 2007, 18:14:50 »
Livermore fires Hull drop shot
David Livermore admits the pain of getting relegated with Millwall last season is driving him on to avoid the same fate with strugglers Hull.
Livermore says captaining a Millwall side which dropped out of the Championship with a whimper was the lowest point of his career.
He could suffer the same experience with Hull, who face Colchester at the KC Stadium just two points above the drop zone.
Livermore said: "Relegation is a horrible feeling and I wouldn’t wish it on anybody. But we’ve shown on plenty of occasions this season we can mix it with the best sides in the league."

Robbie Blake reckons Leeds can kiss goodbye to the Championship if they fail to beat his former club Burnley.
The striker says United need seven points from their last four games and beating mid-table Burnley at Elland Road is crucial.
He said: "Our two home games are must-win and if we can get a point away from home, I’m sure that will be enough. I fancy us at home against any team."

The Daily Mail

kjelvi

« Svar #11 på: April 15, 2007, 03:31:55 »

I farta 14/4

FA:
Watford - Man. U. 1-4.
Clarke Carlisle hele kampen for Watford, mens Marlon King kom inn i 77. mins. Judas Ferdinand og Alan Smith spilte hele kampen for Man.Yoo.

PL:
Middlesbrough - Aston Villa 0-3.
Jon Woodgate spilte hele kampen for Boro, mens Adam Johnson ble byttet ut (tactical) i 53. mins.

Arsenal - Bolton 2-1.
Gary Speed spilte hele kampen for Bolton.

Sheff. U - West Ham 3-0.
Lee Bowyer (gult kort i 21. mins, unsporting behaviour) starter for Hammers, men ble byttet ut (tactical) i 65. mins.

Reading - Fulham 1-0.
John Oyster byttet inn i 70 mins. for Reading.

Portsmouth - Newcastle 2-1.
James Milner hele kampen for Newcastle.

Man. C - Liverpool 0-0.
Jermaine Pennent startet for Pool, men ble byttet ut (tactical) i 75. mins.

CCC:

Coventry - Preston 0-4: 0-3 Brett Ormerod (49), 0-4 Ormerod (56).
Brett Ormerod og Danny Pugh (gult kort i 44. mins, time wasting) spilte hele kampen for NE, som hadde Michael Ricketts som ubenyttet reserve.

Birmingham - Southampton 2-1.
Jermaine Wright startet for Saints, men ble byttet ut (tactical) i 75. mins.

Cardiff - Stoke 1-1.
Stephen McPhail spilte hele kampen for Cardiff, som hadde Warren Feeney som ubenyttet reserve. Dom Matteo startet for Stoke, men ble byttet ut (tactical) i 86. mins.

Luton - Plymouth 1-2.
Matthew Spring startet for Hatters, men ble byttet ut (injured) i 46. mins.

Leicester - Norwich 1-2.
Geoff Horsfield byttet inn i 65. mins for Leicester. Tony Warner og Darren Huckerby hele kampen for Norwich.

Leeds - Burnley 1-0.
Steven Caldwell og Andy Gray hele kampen for Burnley

Ipswich - Derby 2-1.
Dan Harding (gult kort i 86. mins - unsporting behaviour) byttet inn i 31. mins for Ipswich. Seth Johnsen byttet ut (tactical) i 46. mins for Rams.
** Totalt 2 røde og 10 gule i kampen, ett rødt og seks gule til Derby.

Hull - Colchester 1-1.
David Livermore startet for Hull, mens ble byttet ut (injured) i 68. mins.

Crystal Palace - Wolves 2-2.
Andy Keogh spilte hele kampen for Wolves.

Div. 1:

Millwall - Tranmere 2-2: 0-1 Shane Sherriff (9).
Shane Sherriff (gult kort i 89. mins., unsporting behaviour) spilte hele kampen for Reading.

Scunthorpe - Huddersfield: 2-0.
Andy Crosby og Jermaine Beckford hele kampen for Irons.
** Scunthorpe sikret opprykk!

Rotherham - Carlisle 0-1.
Martin Woods hele kampen for Rotherham, mens Danny Graham spilte hele kampen for Carlisle.
** Rotherham rykket ned!

Port Vale - Crewe 3-0.
Nathan Lowndes inn i 46. mins for Vale.

Oldham - Celtenham 0-2.
Sean Gregan spilte hele kampen for Oldham.

Leyton Orient - Doncaster 1-1.
Neil Sullivan og Danny Cadamateri spilte hele kampen for Donny, som hadde Sam Hird som ubenyttet reserve.

Brighton - Bradford 0-1.
David Wetherall og Danny Rose (gult kort 81. mins, dissent) spilte hele kampen for City.

Brentford - Nott. Forest 2-4.
Alan Wright startet for Forest, men ble byttet ut (tactical) i 84. mins.

Div. 1:
MK Dons - Darlington 1-0.
Julian Joachim spilte hele kampen for Darlington, hvor Simon Johnson kom inn i 59. mins.

Lincoln - Wrexham 0-3.
Jamie Forrester startet for City, men ble byttet ut (tactical) i 76. mins.

« Siste redigering: April 15, 2007, 05:16:06 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #12 på: April 15, 2007, 05:12:47 »
Sky Sports: Premiership player ratings

4-->10

Gary Speed: 6 (Nothing special)
Jermaine Pennent: 5 (Disappointing)
Jon Woodgate: 7 (Missed Huth)
Adam Johnson: 6 (Promising)
James Milner: 7 (Tried hard)
John Oyster: 6 (Sub: Unable to cause problems)
Lee Bowyer: 6 (Tried his best)

kjelvi

« Svar #13 på: April 15, 2007, 05:20:43 »
Sydney set their sights on Fowler
Sydney FC have set their sights on a summer swoop for Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler as they believe he is "out of the top drawer".
Sydney pondered an approach for West Ham veteran Teddy Sheringham but felt he was too old, so have now targeted a move for former England hitman Fowler.
The 32-year-old is out of contract at Anfield this summer, and Sydney chief executive George Perry has confirmed he is the biggest name on the club's shopping list for Version Three of the A-League.
"He's been discussed at board room level and it shows just how determined we are to set the benchmarks in Australian football that we are serious about targeting a player of his calibre," Perry told Fox Sports.
"He's out of the top drawer and although an official approach has not yet been made, it goes without saying that if he did come to Australia it would be a huge signing for us."
Fowler has started just seven games for the Reds this season - making a further 12 appearances off the bench - for a total of seven goals.

TeamTalk

Leeds04

« Svar #14 på: April 15, 2007, 07:24:43 »
Huff....
En oppfølgertråd til den tråden jeg hater mest her inne!
Det grøsser gjennom marg og bein!

"Why settle for more, when you can settle for less"
"Why settle for more, when you can settle for less"

kjelvi

« Svar #15 på: April 15, 2007, 19:37:51 »
Middlesbrough have agreed an £8m fee with Real Madrid for Jonathan Woodgate (Mail on Sunday).

Micky Adams could be in line for a second spell as Brentford manager (News of the World).
« Siste redigering: April 15, 2007, 19:43:49 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #16 på: April 15, 2007, 19:39:43 »
The following players celebrate their birthday on April 15:

1973: Swedish international Teddy Lucic, who represented his country at the World Cup in the summer, is born. (Celebrates 34th birthday).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Lu%C4%8Di%C4%87

« Siste redigering: April 15, 2007, 19:44:40 av kjelvi »

Budda

« Svar #17 på: April 15, 2007, 21:08:20 »
Har du en peil på hva Mark Tinkler har gjort etter Leeds, Kjelvi?
Endre

Runar

« Svar #18 på: April 15, 2007, 21:27:14 »
Hartelpool

Oggy

« Svar #19 på: April 15, 2007, 21:33:13 »
Fatter ikke at dere gidder å bruke tid og energi på
spillere som en gang har spilt for oss [:0]

Bryr meg nå stort sett bare om de vi har i klubben i dag [:)]
Oggy

kjelvi

« Svar #20 på: April 15, 2007, 21:58:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Budda

Har du en peil på hva Mark Tinkler har gjort etter Leeds, Kjelvi?

Som Runar skriver: i Hartlepool siden 2001.

Her er det meste: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Tinkler

Sliter med skader og er helt på slutten av sin karriere. Sliter spesielt med akillelsen. Bare fire kamper så langt denne sesongen - tre fra start og en som innbytter.

'Den nye Batty' slo dessverre aldri til, men har en respektabel karriere i de lavere divisjoner med York, Southend og Hartlepool. Høgt verdsatt alle plasser hvor han har vært, bl.a. som kaptein i alle tre klubbene.

Runar

« Svar #21 på: April 15, 2007, 22:32:36 »
Må korigerer deg (elsker å korrigere når det gjedler Leeds)

Men Tinkler var ikke den "nye Batty" det var det Mark Ford som hadde den tittelen...

Tinkler var en litt mer elegant og playmaker aktigtype...Dog spilte han sentralt litt dypt på midtbanen:-)

kjelvi

« Svar #22 på: April 16, 2007, 02:42:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by Runar

Må korigerer deg (elsker å korrigere når det gjedler Leeds)
Men Tinkler var ikke den "nye Batty" det var det Mark Ford som hadde den tittelen...

du har helt rett!

kjelvi

« Svar #23 på: April 16, 2007, 02:48:54 »
I farta 15/4

PL:
Everton - Charlton 2-1.
Scott Carson spilte hele kampen for Charlton, mens Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (gult i 90., dissent)ble byttet inn i 83. mins.

Wigan - Tottenham 3-3: 2-2 Robbie Keane (str. 35), 3-3 Keane (68).
Caleb Folan byttet inn i 66. mins. for Wigan. Paul Robinson og Robbie Keane hele kampen for Spurs, hvor Aaron Lennon startet og ble byttet ut (tactical) i 75. mins.

Tippeligaen:

Sandefjord - Aalesund 3-0: 3-0 Tommy Knarvik (86).
Tommy Knarvik spilte hele kampen for Sandefjord.
« Siste redigering: April 16, 2007, 02:55:38 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #24 på: April 16, 2007, 03:04:04 »
Smith: I'm your man Sir Alex
Alan Smith believes he has shown Sir Alex Ferguson why he is the man to lead from the front, as Manchester United attempt to emulate their treble-winning antics of 1999.
Having spent much of the campaign recovering from a broken leg sustained 13 months ago against Liverpool, Smith for the most part has cut a forlorn figure but against Roma was surprisingly given opportunity to impress.
In place of the injured Louis Saha the Leeds-born striker put in a typically robust shift that delighted everyone at Old Trafford, and he is eager to keep his place as United hunt for glory.
The majority of Smith's games for United have seen him employed as a defensive midfielder, but it is back in his more natural position that he is bidding to establish himself at the Premiership leaders.

Hele saken: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=461039&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Smith:+I'm+your+man+Sir+Alex

Promotion 2010

« Svar #25 på: April 16, 2007, 15:16:00 »
Greedy bastard:

EXCLUSIVE: KOP CONTRACT SECRETS REVEALED
We name winners and losers in Liverpool pay lottery
Andy Dunn
HARRY KEWELL has not kicked a ball in anger this season.

Some may say that he has NEVER kicked a ball in anger.

But at least he is still collecting his £2million a year ... and taking advantage of the six business class flights to Australia that Liverpool kindly fund.

Not only that - if another club is of a mind to bid more than £6million for the injuryprone Aussie, he gets 50 per cent of everything over that mark.

[xx(]

In detail:

HARRY KEWELL
BASIC SALARY
Contrary to popular rumour, the injuryprone Aussie does not get £80,000 a week - he has to make do with £40,000 for the duration of his five-year deal.

BONUSES
Kewell has shunned the performance-related bonuses (just as well, probably) but he is the only player at Liverpool to have an image-rights clause. Also has a deal that will give him a slice of any transfer fee over £6million.

ADDED PERKS
Liverpool pick up the tab for six business class flights back to Australia.

[:D] Laughing all the way to the bank, again....
« Siste redigering: April 16, 2007, 15:18:22 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

kjelvi

« Svar #26 på: April 16, 2007, 20:14:02 »
PFA's Young Player of the Year award:

Kandidat: Aaron Lennon (Spurs).
Andre: Ronaldo (Man.Yoo), Cesc Fabregas (Arse), Wayne Rooney (Man.Yoo) (looking for a hat-trick, having won the accolade in both 2005 and 2006), Kevin Doyle (Reading) og Micah Richards (Manchester City).

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/04/16/SOCCER_PFA.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6559685.stm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=461241&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=2&title=PFA+Player+of+Year+nominees

« Siste redigering: April 16, 2007, 20:23:02 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #27 på: April 16, 2007, 20:16:48 »
King coy on future
Marlon King has revealed he will not consider his future until Watford's Premiership fate has been sealed.
The Hornets are almost certain to slip out of the top flight, as they are 11 points adrift of safety with only five games remaining.
Their Premiership challenge was not helped by the long-term knee injury King suffered last year, but he made a surprise return in Saturday's FA Cup semi-final defeat to Manchester United.
King admitted he was happy to make a return to action, but the talk quickly moved to the powerful forward's future.
He has been linked with a move to Aston Villa and although admitting to being flattered by the transfer talk, King claims his focus is on Watford's final five games of the season.
"It's a big club; nice surroundings," King told The Times upon his exit from Villa Park after the defeat to United. "It's nice speculation but I just want to focus on getting fit and scoring goals."
Asked whether he should remain at Watford next term following a season of injury torment, King said: "I can't comment on that because we're not down yet so you'll have to ask me again once we are relegated.
"I've scored [almost] 25 goals in 50 games for Watford so as much as Watford have been good for me, I've been good for Watford. We've been good for each other. I get on well with the gaffer and the fans."

SkySport

kjelvi

« Svar #28 på: April 16, 2007, 20:20:09 »
The following players celebrate their birthday on April 16:

1987: Tottenham Hotspur's rising England international winger Aaron Lennon (pictured) is born. (Celebrates 20th birthday)

« Siste redigering: April 16, 2007, 20:20:51 av kjelvi »

pedro

« Svar #29 på: April 17, 2007, 21:55:03 »
http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1012332,00.html

Og neste år skal vi forhåpentligvis spille i samme liga for siste gang[8D] MOT
Leedsomaniac