Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II  (Lest 35810 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part II
« Svar #30 på: April 18, 2007, 04:02:53 »
AIDY VOWS TO KEEP VULTURES AT BAY

Adrian Boothroyd is ready to stubbornly reject bids for players such as Marlon King when Watford's Barclays Premiership campaign finishes next month.

Even victory at Blackburn tomorrow night would leave the Hornets facing a mountain to climb to stay in the top flight, and Boothroyd would want to keep the men who have impressed this season for another promotion push.
Striker King has been out for six months but showed enough prior to his knee injury to suggest others would be interested, although his manager has warned teams they would be wasting their time with an offer.
And Boothroyd wants his club to emulate sides that have been relegated in past years when it comes to transfer approaches.
"He won't go," Boothroyd said of King. "One of the things I admire about West Brom is the fact that when you try to get their players they just say 'no'.
"Then you try and try and they just say 'no'. That's exactly what is going to happen here. We don't have to sell anybody."
Boothroyd will take the same approach if his other players attract interest, with Hameur Bouazza and Jay DeMerit impressing despite Watford's struggles leaving them at the foot of the table.
He added: "I'm sure there's one or two looking at teams that may possibly go down and thinking 'Hwow can we raid them?'
"Whatever happens to us, I want to keep the players together that I want to keep. Nobody will leave that I don't want to leave, especially those that have done so well this year.
"It will be very difficult if a player says they want to leave, but that's where I'll earn my money.
"I've chatted with the people I think I need to chat to, those that may get tapped-up if that were ever to happen, because it is my job to be pro-active."
King's situation appears the most intriguing. The 26-year-old has had a controversial career in which he has spent time in jail for handling a stolen car but under Boothroyd has developed the potential he showed at Gillingham and Nottingham Forest.
"Marlon in particular has proved himself in the Championship, is well on the way to proving himself in the Premiership and he's still young enough to play in the Premiership again," said Boothroyd. "If we were to go down he could play in it (the Premiership) with us."
Boothroyd is confident there will not be a repeat of the January transfer window when Ashley Young left for Aston Villa.
The £9.5million deal for the England Under-21 forward saw Boothroyd lose an attacking option but also put the club in a position of financial strength which means selling players is no longer essential to balancing the books.
"Ashley Young was different," Boothroyd added. "He was an awful lot of money at the right time in the season. But now, if we do go down we want to get straight back up, so nobody will be leaving."
King could be on the bench at Ewood Park after making his comeback with a brief appearance in the FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United at the weekend.

PA Sport
« Siste redigering: April 18, 2007, 04:04:12 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #31 på: April 18, 2007, 04:10:34 »
SMITH TIPPED FOR ENGLAND AS OWEN IS WITHDRAWN

The scenario was inconceivable just ten days ago but Michael Owen and Alan Smith are being tipped to spearhead England's attack in June's must-win Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia.

Hele saken: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2069979,00.html
Også: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2069933,00.html
« Siste redigering: April 18, 2007, 04:18:47 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #32 på: April 18, 2007, 04:23:55 »
Matteo backs Leeds escape bid

Dominic Matteo admits he finds it depressing to consider how far Leeds have fallen since the glory days at Elland Road.

But the former Leeds defender, whose opening goal at the San Siro against AC Milan in the Champions League will forever be remembered by fans, is convinced Dennis Wise's struggling side will escape relegation.
Matteo said: "Leeds are finding it tough in a physical league. They've not been able to name a settled side all season which doesn't help.
"I'm sure they'll scrape out of it though this season, I really hope they do. I try not to think about that goal in the San Siro too much now as it gets me down to see where they are now.
"It's a massive club and they shouldn't be in the predicament they are in. Somehow they've got to get out of it.
"I had good times there and a special rapport with the fans. If it wasn't for the relegation and the club having to sell me for certain financial issues I'd still be there. I had no choice but to leave."

TeamTalk
« Siste redigering: April 18, 2007, 04:25:03 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #33 på: April 18, 2007, 04:25:53 »
Horsfield targets Foxes stay
Leicester striker Geoff Horsfield hopes to win a permanent move to the club by shooting the Foxes to victory over his former club Birmingham.

Hele saken: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_2069577,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #34 på: April 18, 2007, 04:27:10 »
Lowndes wary over his future

Port Vale striker Nathan Lowndes has admitted that his future "is out of my hands."

Hele saken: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1828_2070837,00.html
« Siste redigering: April 18, 2007, 04:27:47 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #35 på: April 18, 2007, 05:02:09 »
I was glad I was so stubborn, says Smith

The closest Alan Smith has been to glory in his twoand- a-half years at Manchester United came when his teammates dedicated last year’s Carling Cup win over Wigan to their injured team-mate.

A nice touch, but hardly what Smith moved from Leeds United to Old Trafford for.
A year or so on, Smith is back in the limelight for all the right reasons. He has recovered from the broken ankle that threatened his career in January 2006 and the 26-year- old has suddenly found himself at the apex of United’s attack as they push for glory on three fronts.
Given what he has been through, Smith is optimistic but cautious. "It has only been two games so I’m not going to get carried away," he said ahead of tonight’s Premiership clash with Sheffield United at Old Trafford.
"I’ve got a fair bit to do to get back to my best. But there’s a job to be done in the team and hopefully I’m doing well. It helps that everyone’s playing with great confidence since I’ve come back. I’m playing up front, my normal role for the team. I love playing there. You’re always involved. You’re pivotal.
"This time last year, it was a totally different thing for me, mentally as well as physically, getting over my injury and getting back playing. It has been hard."
Smith’s time at Old Trafford has been far from straightforward.
Signed with the promise from manager Sir Alex Ferguson that he would be used only as a traditional striker, Smith found himself converted to central midfield last season. He was playing there when he broke his ankle at Liverpool.
This season has had its issues, too. The suggestion he went out on loan to speed up his recovery was met with a flat rejection from the Yorkshireman and a verbal altercation with assistant manager Carlos Queiroz followed.
Has Smith’s stubbornness been vindicated? He believes so. "I was nowhere near going out on loan," he said. "The gaffer called me in and said I would have a list of clubs wanting to take me on loan. I said I wasn’t going. It was as simple as that.
"People say it was a chance to play regularly in the Premiership but I’ve done that before and I know I can do it. It’s games like the FA Cup semi-final and last week against Roma that you want to be involved in. You can’t get that anywhere other than the top three clubs.
"There was no need to see the list of clubs because I wasn’t going, so it didn’t matter.
"At the time, a lot of people questioned it and said I needed first-team football. I knew that training with the best players, day after day, couldn’t compare with playing in matches, but it was the closest I was going to get to knowing how fit I would be when I could play."
It is clear that Ferguson wanted Smith to go out on loan. It is known that every Premiership club apart from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City approaches in January.
It would be wrong, however, to feel that the manager-player relationship has suffered. Ferguson admires Smith’s spirit, respects his obstinacy. And his role between now and the end of the season will be significant. Smith said: ‘The injury itself was the low point. I never really thought about days like this. My main role was to get back in this team, whether it’s playing at Portsmouth, against Roma or in the FA Cup Final.
"The biggest thing over the last week has been the gaffer’s belief in me. To put me in against Roma, and have faith in me to do well in a massive game, was everything that I’d hoped for. He’d seen the work that I’d put in. Hopefully it will pay off."

dailymail.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #36 på: April 18, 2007, 05:12:54 »
I farta 17/4

PL:
Man. U - Sheff. U 2-0.
Alan Smith (gult kort i 29. mins.) hele kampen for Man.Yoo, mens Matt Kilgallon spilte hele kampen for Sheff. U.

CCC:
Leicester - Birmingham 1-2.
Alan Maybury starter for Leicester, men ble byttet ut i 75. mins for Geoff Horsfield. Danny Cadamarteri var tilbake etter Doncaster-lån, startet på benken og ble byttet inn i 65. mins.

Burnley - Norwich 3-0: 2-0 Andy Gray (86).
Steven Caldwell (gult i 56. mins., unsporting behaviour) spilte hele kampen, mens Andy Gray ble byttet ut (tactical) i 90. mins. Tony Warner spilte hele kampen for Norwich.

kjelvi

« Svar #37 på: April 19, 2007, 06:30:33 »
I farta 18/4

Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd appears to be resigned to relegation as he sees his side slide towards defeat

PL:
Blackburn - Watford 3-1.
Clarke Carlisle hele kampen for Watford, mens Marlon King ble byttet inn i 49. mins.

Liverpool - Midlesbrough 2-0.
Jermaine Pennent hele kampen for Pool, mens Robbie Fowler var ubenyttet reserve. Jon Woodgate spilte hele kampen for Boro, hvor Mark Viduka kom inn i 66. mins.
« Siste redigering: April 19, 2007, 07:08:31 av kjelvi »

RoarG

« Svar #38 på: April 19, 2007, 21:28:58 »
I flg. denne linken er Blackwell fortvilet & forbannet over det tilgjengelig spillemateriellet i Luton for tiden. Han mener at styret nærmest har ført klubben ned i L1 med viten og vilje.
http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2aspx?sectionid=542&articleid=2713250
Stakkars KB. Han blir jo bare satt til å lede klubber i krise.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

berlin

« Svar #39 på: April 19, 2007, 22:12:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by RoarG

I flg. denne linken er Blackwell fortvilet & forbannet over det tilgjengelig spillemateriellet i Luton for tiden. Han mener at styret nærmest har ført klubben ned i L1 med viten og vilje.
http://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2aspx?sectionid=542&articleid=2713250

Det kan da umulig være noen overraskelse for KB. Dette har jo ethvert normalt tenkende (fotball)menneske visst siden januar-salget til Luton Town Football Club.
« Siste redigering: April 20, 2007, 02:51:11 av berlin »

kjelvi

« Svar #40 på: April 20, 2007, 02:31:36 »
Aidy tipped to lead Hornets revival
Keith Burkinshaw insists that Watford's probable relegation from the Premiership will make Adrian Boothroyd a better manager.
Boothroyd's team will be condemned to the Championship next season if they lose to Manchester City at Vicarage Road on Saturday, which would bring an effective end to a very difficult campaign in the top flight for the Hornets.
Boothroyd's assistant Burkinshaw was Tottenham manager when they were relegated from the old Division One in 1977 - but went on to win two FA Cups and the UEFA Cup during his eight-year spell in charge at White Hart Lane.
"You have to have been at the bottom to know how good it is to be near the top," said Burkinshaw, 71. "It is awful at the bottom, but you have to lose to appreciate what winning is about.
"This will hurt Aidy (Boothroyd), but I think it will be useful for his development. He has a fantastic attitude. He is always bubbly and full of life."

Hele saken: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2074850,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #41 på: April 20, 2007, 02:48:19 »
Middlesbrough boss promises Woodgate big changes
Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has promised Jonathan Woodgate big signings as he tries to convince the on-loan Real Madrid defender to sign permanently.
Woodgate's future is in doubt, and boss Southgate admits: "We can only do what we have been doing all season with him. He was excellent against Liverpool and he has enjoyed working with us.
"But he knows the situation, we are not one of the top four and we do not have the resources to compete with those teams.
"But there will be a lot of change at Middlesbrough in the summer and we hope he wants to be a part of that.
"We speak all the time, and he needs time to think about things. At the moment we are in the middle of a busy period of matches and everyone wants to focus on that, the other side of things will take care of itself."

tribalfootball.com

kjelvi

« Svar #42 på: April 20, 2007, 02:50:47 »
Middlesbrough's Viduka would jump at Genoa offer

Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka would jump at the chance of a move to Genoa, says a former agent.
Andrea D'Amico revealed: "Mark loves Italy. If an offer came that matched his aspirations then I'm sure he would come to our country without any problems."
Genoa president Enrico Preziosi is keen to land Bosman prospect Viduka at the end of this season.

Tribalfootball.com

kjelvi

« Svar #43 på: April 20, 2007, 02:53:37 »
Pennant enjoying Reds run
Jermaine Pennant believes he is beginning to reach the standards expected of him by Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.
The winger has started to force his way into The Reds' line-up on a regular basis, but insists he is still on the learning curve.
Pennant's run in the team has brought with it improved confidence and the 24-year-old is determined to continue flying.
"I'm in good form at the moment, but that's as part of the team isn't it?" Pennant told the Liverpool Echo.

Hele saken: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=462045&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=Pennant+enjoying+Reds+run

kjelvi

« Svar #44 på: April 20, 2007, 03:01:40 »
Blair signs up Ferdinand as anti-gun crime ambassador
Rio Ferdinand has been signed up as the first of a potential string of Premiership "ambassadors" to lure vulnerable young people away from street gangs and knife crime.
The Manchester United defender met Tony Blair in Downing Street yesterday to take on the role. Other top-flight footballers may follow his example.
The idea came out of a "gun summit" in Moss Side, Manchester, earlier this year, when the prime minister met Ferdinand to discuss the problem.

Hele saken: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2061242,00.html

RoarG

« Svar #45 på: April 20, 2007, 16:53:56 »
Enig. Det var jo p.g.a. løsmunnethet ang. styrets disposisjoner Newell fikk sparken. Virker mer som Blackwell toer sine hender ved å legge ansvaret for nedrykket over på andre. Det er sikkert mye rett, men det er aldri lurt å kritisere arbeidsgiver offentlig. Sparken kan da være et faktum, men det er kanskje det han vil? Blackwell greier sikkert å organisere Luton på en slik måte at de greier seg bra i League One.
quote:
Originally posted by berlin

quote:
Originally posted by RoarG

Det kan da umulig være noen overraskelse for KB. Dette har jo ethvert normalt tenkende (fotball)menneske visst siden januar-salget til Luton Town Football Club.

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

kjelvi

« Svar #46 på: April 20, 2007, 23:49:00 »
Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is ready to offload Clarke Carlisle and Steve Kabba. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #47 på: April 20, 2007, 23:50:15 »
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says Alan Smith should be recalled to the England squad. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #48 på: April 21, 2007, 00:02:03 »
Warnock failed to lure Smith from Old Trafford
NEIL WARNOCK has admitted trying to bring Alan Smith to Sheffield United on loan during the January transfer window, ahead of tonight's daunting Premiership trip to leaders Manchester United.
The former Leeds United striker was out of the Old Trafford side at the time after suffering a horrific broken leg during the FA Cup exit to Liverpool in February last year.
Smith's only two starts on the road to recovery had come in the Carling Cup against Crewe and Southend, and by the start of 2007 he was well down the pecking order of strikers.
Warnock duly tried to bring the Rothwell-born forward to Bramall Lane on loan but was left frustrated by Smith's desire to win back his place at Old Trafford.

Hele saken: http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/sheffield-utd?articleid=2707009

kjelvi

« Svar #49 på: April 21, 2007, 00:03:56 »
Beesley puts his faith in Blades

FORMER Sheffield United defender Paul Beesley passed a unique test of character when keeping the Blades in the Premier League 14 years ago. (....)
Until three months ago, Beesley, 41, was a regular at Bramall Lane on matchdays, but he now works as a youth coach for Yorkshire neighbours Leeds United.
He spent five years with the Blades between 1990-95 and made nearly 200 appearances before extending his career with Leeds, Manchester City, Port Vale and Chester City.
He started his professional career at Wigan Athletic – another of the clubs involved in the battle for survival – but his children have been raised as Blades supporters.
Should they stay up, Beesley thinks the Blades will go from strength to strength over the next few seasons.
"There's great potential at the club and everyone knows how important it will be financially to stay up. I know Reading have been the success story this season but, if they survive, I think the Blades will be more successful next season as they will know what it is all about.(....)

Hele saken: http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/sheffield-utd?ArticleID=2718042

kjelvi

« Svar #50 på: April 21, 2007, 05:17:27 »
I farta 20/4

CCC:
Derby - Luton 1-0.
Matthew Spring hele kampen for Luton.

Div. 2:
Hartlepool - Notts Co. 1-1.
Mark Tinkler kom inn i 81. mins for Pool.

kjelvi

« Svar #51 på: April 21, 2007, 17:28:30 »
Ferguson waxes lyrical over Smith

Sir Alex Ferguson has hailed Alan Smith's "unbelievable" return to duty which may carry Manchester United to treble glory this season.

Fourteen months and two aborted comebacks after suffering horrific leg injuries in an FA Cup tie at Liverpool, Smith has wasted no time in making his presence felt with three superb individual displays in a week.
The former Leeds star responded to his surprise inclusion for the Champions League quarter-final second-leg meeting with Roma by getting his name on the scoresheet.
And, by following up with equally effective displays against Watford and Sheffield United, Smith has proved to be an influence Ferguson barely thought possible and is virtually guaranteed a starting spot against Middlesbrough at Old Trafford on Saturday evening.
"Alan has been absolutely unbelievable," the United boss said.
"He has brought a freshness and an infectious enthusiasm which is spreading right throughout the team. I cannot speak more highly of him than that.

Hele saken: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2077916,00.html
Se også: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6578587.stm
« Siste redigering: April 21, 2007, 17:51:08 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #52 på: April 21, 2007, 17:32:20 »
Clarke booster for Hornets

CLARKE CARLISLE aims to help Watford cope with their relegation heartache if they go down today.

The Hornets will drop out of the Premiership should they fail to beat Manchester City at Vicarage Road.
Defender Carlisle hit rock-bottom at QPR in 2003 as he was admitted to Tony Adams’ Sporting Chance clinic with booze problems.
A year later he joined Leeds and started to put his life in order.
Carlisle, 27, said: “Losing in football is not like losing a leg.
“I go in with a smile on my face and try to keep the lads upbeat.
“There are more important things than relegation but you don’t want it on your CV.
“Coming through my problems has given me the tools to deal with situations like the one we’re in.”
Carlisle was crowned Britain’s Brainiest Footballer on a quiz show and the only thing he is addicted to these days is a daily dose of Carol Vorderman.
He added: “I love Countdown. Carol Vorderman’s the thinking man’s crumpet — but don’t tell my wife!”

The Sun
--------

Carlisle a bright spark after defeating demons

Clarke Carlisle, the Watford defender, will not let relegation affect him if his side’s fate is decided this afternoon. Failure to win their home game against Manchester City will consign the Hertfordshire club to the Coca-Cola Championship next season.
However, Carlisle has suffered far more difficult issues in his personal life and is able to keep his career in perspective. In August 2003, while playing for Queens Park Rangers, Carlisle was admitted to the Sporting Chance Clinic because of alcohol problems.
Three and a half years on, his dream to play in the Barclays Premiership has been achieved and although he may not tally more than six top-flight matches by the end of this campaign, he is still happy. “I could be doing a million jobs,” he said. “But I’m not, I have played Premiership football and an FA Cup semi-final this season. I thank God for that. There are lots of incidents in life that help you keep things in perspective. Losing in football is not like losing a leg. I go into work with a smile on my face.”
During his spare time, Carlisle, 27, enjoys watching quiz programmes and is an avid viewer of Countdown. Four years ago, just before his alcohol problems began, he won the television show, Britain’s Brainiest Footballer, against the likes of Alan Brazil and Malcolm MacDonald, the former players.
But the most impressive thing about him is his gratitude towards those who have helped him. “I still work for Sporting Chance and I offer my time to them as much as possible,” he said. “It resurrected me and my football career, so for me not to give anything back would be arrogant and disrespectful.

The Times
« Siste redigering: April 21, 2007, 18:03:15 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #53 på: April 21, 2007, 17:50:10 »
Watford to cut loose Kabba, Carlisle
Watford boss Adrian Boothroyd is set to perform a clearout at the end of this season.
Boothroyd is ready to wield the axe - with defender Clarke Carlisle and Steve Kabba under threat.
Carlisle made a late start in the Hornets relegation campaign, but now he could be dumped at the end of the season.
And striker Kabba can definitely leave, with others facing an uncertain future as Boothroyd plans for life in the Championship.

Tribalfootball.com
--

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is ready to offload Clarke Carlisle and Steve Kabba. (Daily Mirror)
« Siste redigering: April 21, 2007, 18:04:13 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #54 på: April 21, 2007, 17:58:21 »
Carson proving point in Charlton's cause

It's lunchtime at Charlton's training ground and the first-team players are finished for the day. One by one they pass through the small reception, stopping to check for messages before heading home. Luke Young appears. "Who you here to see?" the club captain asks. When I answer Scott Carson, the right-back thinks for a moment before coming up with his verdict: "If it hadn't been for him we'd be dead and buried by now."

As compliments go, it is pretty emphatic for a goalkeeper on a season-long loan from Liverpool. Carson has done everything in his power to help Charlton's cause in their ongoing struggle to avoid relegation. In maintaining high standards over the past eight months, he has confirmed his reputation as one of England's brightest young keepers.
Yet, never before have Alan Pardew's side needed him more than they do today when the mother of all six-pointers visits the Valley. With only three games left after this, the clash with Sheffield United could make or break either team.
The stakes couldn't be higher. Championship football, and all its financial implications, hangs over both clubs like a very dark cloud.
For Carson, of course, the situation is slightly different. Whatever happens over the next three weeks, the 21-year-old Cumbrian is due to return to Anfield this summer. As long as he has given Charlton his best, he can head back up the M1 with a clear conscience, turning his thoughts instead to his position at Liverpool and whether Rafa Benitez deems him part of his plans.
So can that fact, in any way, take the heat off? Does Carson feel slightly detached from the mad scramble? Once he appears and we take a seat in the sunshine, the query is answered in the way you'd expect. "No, I've felt like a Charlton player from day one," he says. "Everyone helped me settle in straightaway. The last thing I want is to leave here with Charlton getting relegated. It's not something I want on my CV."
Actually, Young had already confirmed the goalie's total commitment by recalling a moment that made the squad laugh.
During what was supposed to be a light training session the night before playing at Manchester City recently, Carson pushed a shot on to a post, only to see it bounce back along the line. Clambering to his feet, he sprinted across, diving into a sliding tackle to hack the ball away. In doing that, though, he crashed into the post, his shinbone connecting with metal in a hefty collision.
Mention of the incident brings out a smile. "Yeah, everyone was saying, calm down, calm down, we don't want you getting injured. I just got up and shouted, 'See, everyone thinks I'm just here on loan, that it doesn't matter so much!' I was trying to say that I'm just as committed as anyone else.
"That's the way I like to train. I've seen some people who aren't really interested. They come in at five to ten and are out the door as soon as training's finished. I like to work hard on the training ground, and that way you're ready for Saturday."
Yes, Saturday. It is easy to forget that Carson hadn't actually experienced too many of those before coming south. Sixteen first-team games, in fact, comprised his entire professional career, one that started at Leeds, moved on to Liverpool and included a short spell on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.
Consequently, this season has been as much about getting his head around performing every week as dealing with Charlton's nail-biting plight. "I've never had that before," he says. "At Liverpool I might play in one game and then, two or three months later, I might get a cup match or something. I didn't feel comfortable with that. I felt a bit out of place. It was probably down to a lack of experience. I hadn't played in front of those kinds of crowds before. But after five or six games here it felt more natural. Coming here, I wanted to get as many games under my belt as possible but, you never know, if the first few games hadn't gone well I might have dropped out. Fortunately, I had a bit to do early on and that gave me confidence. Thankfully, that's stayed with me right through."
There are sure to be one or two moments this afternoon when Carson's confidence and ability are tested to the full as Neil Warnock's side go for the jugular. Too many matches these days are described as 'massive' but this one, surely, falls into that category. Carson agrees. "Everything depends on this game," he says. "The outcome will decide our fate, I think. We definitely can't afford to lose, but, hopefully, we can get the three points and that'll put us right in the mix.
"The gaffer was just saying today that he doesn't want people to be afraid because he thinks that we've stopped doing the things that got us results before. He thinks we've been a bit too conservative instead of going full out for the win. He wants us to go out and play like we did against West Ham - with no fear.
"We've got to start well. We haven't done that lately and we've ended up chasing the game. So if we can get a good start and maybe Benty [Darren Bent] can nick us a goal, then we can carry on from there."
Yet, with the sun beating down, with the groundsman's lawnmower humming away in the background, the end-of-season feel is only too evident. It's only natural to wonder what might happen next season.
"After playing a full season here, I don't really want to be going back to Liverpool and being forgotten again," he says. "I'd be taking a step back. Hopefully, I can keep the momentum going and show him [Benitez] I'm good enough to play there.
"If I was to go back to Liverpool and play in a Champions League game next season I think I'd be a lot better off after what I've been through here.
Hopefully, I'd have the nerve to deal with it."
The nerve, the commitment and the crucial saves - none of which have been missing during his loan spell. Think back to Young's words. If it wasn't for Carson, Charlton would already be down.

www.telegraph.co.uk
« Siste redigering: April 21, 2007, 17:59:01 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #55 på: April 21, 2007, 22:31:37 »
I farta 21/4

PL:

Tottenham - Arsenal 2-2: 1-0 Robbie Keane (30)
Paul Robinson og Robbie Keane spilte hele kampen for Spurs, mens Aaron Lennon ble byttet ut i 77. mins.

Watford - Man. C. 1-1.
Clarke Carlisle (gult kort i 90., unsporting behaviour) og Marlon King hele kampen for Watford.
** Watford rykker ned!

Liverpool - Wigan 2-0.
Jermaine Pennent hele for Pool, mens Caleb Folan kom inn i 64. mins for Wigan.

Charlton - Sheffield U. 1-1.
Matt Kilgallon hele kampen for Blades og Scott Carson hele kampen for Charlton, hvor Jimmy Floyd Haselbaink kom inn i 73. mins.

Bolton - Reading 1-3.
Gary Speed hele kampen for Bolton, mens Lubomir Michalik ble byttet inn i 21. mins. Mike Buberry hele kampen for Reading, hvor John Oster ble byttet ut i 73. mins (tactical).

CCC:

Stoke - Hull 1-1: 1-1 Nick Barmby (90).
Dom Matteo (gult 84., unsporting behaviour) hele kampen for Stoke, mens Nick Barmby (Gult 88., dissent) kom inn i 66. mins. for Hull.

QPR - Cardiff 1-0.
Stephen McPhail hele kampen for Cardiff, Warren Feeney kom inn i 72. mins.

Preston - Leicester 0-1.
Danny Pugh hele kampen for Preston, mens Brett Ormerod ble byttet ut (tactical) i 72. mins til fordel for Michaell Ricketts på benken. Geoff Horsfield og Danny Cadamarteri ble byttet inn for Leicester i henholdsvis 67. og 61. mins. Alan Maybury var ubenyttet for Foxes.

Colchester - Sunderland 3-1.
Liam Miller på benken for Sunderland.

Div. 1:
Tranmere - Scunthorpe 0-2.
Shane Sherriff hele kampen for Tranmere. Jermaine Beckford hele kampen for Scunthorpe, mens Ian Morris kom inn i 90. mins.

Nottingham - Bournemouth 3-0.
Alan Wright hele kampen for Forest.

Gillingham - Port Vale 3-2.
Nathan Lowndes ubenyttet reserve for Vale.

Doncaster - Brentford 3-0.
Neil Sullivan hele kampen for Donny, hvor Sam Hird kom inn i 81. mins.

Crewe - Oldham 2-1.
Sean Gregan (gult kort 17. mins, unsporting behaviour) hele kampen for Oldham.

Carlisle - Bristol C. 1-3: 1-0 Danny Graham (5)
Danny Graham byttet ut (tactical) i 70. mins. for Carlisle.

Bradford - Leyton Orient 0-2.
David Wetherall og Ben Parker hele kampen for Bradford.

Div. 2:
Darlington - Wycombe 3-2.
Julian Joachim hele kampen for Darlington, som hadde Simon Johnson på benken.

Bristol R. - Lincoln 0-0.
Jamie Forrester hele kampen for Lincoln.
« Siste redigering: April 22, 2007, 00:16:34 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #56 på: April 22, 2007, 04:14:47 »

Premiership player ratings

Gary Speed 7
Lubomir Michalik 6
Mike Duberry 6
John Oster 6
Scott Carson (No chance with goal) 7
Matthew Kilgallon (Solid outing)  8
Jimmy Hasselbaink (Sub: No impact)  6
Jermaine Pennant (Lively)  7
Caleb Folan (Sub; A presence in attack) 7
Rio Ferdinand (Injured in first half)  6
Alan Smith (No real chances) 6
Jonathan Woodgate (Defended well) 7
Mark Viduka (A handful)  8
Paul Robinson (Not at fault) 6
Aaron Lennon (Quieter than usual) 6
Robbie Keane (Busy) 7
Clarke Carlisle (Solid)  6
Marlon King (Looked bright)  7

SkySports

Kilgallon på Sky's rundens lag: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=462419&lid=1490&clid=&channel=&title=Team+of+the+Weekend
« Siste redigering: April 22, 2007, 04:16:28 av kjelvi »

Bye

« Svar #57 på: April 22, 2007, 05:10:34 »
Nå er det ikke lenge til første spark på ballen i 2007 skjer på Guldbergaunet Stadion , og da med en god del nye fjes på banen, en av disse er vår nye keeper Robert Carrol.

Trives i byen :

Etter noen samtaler med keeper Robert Carrol så får vi bekreftet at Robert er veldig glad i Steinkjer og at han nærmest elsker klubben sin Steinkjer. Han er veldig overbegeistret over hvor bra det egentlig var i Steinkjer i forhold til der han kom fra altså Leeds United.

â€  Forskjellen på norsk og engelsk fotball slik som jeg er vant til det er at i England er det litt tøffere ”mer voldelig” sier han og smiler bredt. Men faktisk så går norsk fotball litt fortere , litt høyere tempo i Norge i forhold til England.”

Er det noen forskjell på hvordan klubbene drives i forhold til Steinkjer, hvis du ser på Leeds?

” Litt vanskelig å si egentlig , gjør man en feil i Leeds for eksempel så blir det veldig surt, mens her i Steinkjer og Norge godtas en feil i ny og ned og det er et mer avslappa forhold til dette her, man lærer av og gjøre feil. Og som keeper gjør man ofte feil men det er nok den viktigste jobben på en fotballbane etter min mening, alle gjør sin jobb og Stuart gjør oss også bedre fra vær trening som går”

link til hele intervjuet med bilde av den staute karen(jeg er rubbish på slikt) her: http://www.guldberget.com/intervju%20med%20robert%20carrol.htm
« Siste redigering: April 22, 2007, 05:12:03 av Lexmark »
Trønder i Bergen!

kjelvi

« Svar #58 på: April 22, 2007, 08:21:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Lexmark

Han er veldig overbegeistret over hvor bra det egentlig var i Steinkjer i forhold til der han kom fra altså Leeds United.

"Carroll kommer fra amerikansk collage-fotball etter at han ikke fikk lærlingkontrakt i Leeds og Barnsley."

Bye

« Svar #59 på: April 22, 2007, 19:05:37 »
Hmm, skrytt på seg, altså.
Trønder i Bergen!