Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Swindon Town 1/3  (Lest 27504 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

KAMP: vs. Swindon Town 1/3
« på: Februar 23, 2008, 22:31:45 »

Neste kamp er mot Swindon Town på County Ground lørdag 1. mars, kl. 15 (merk tiden!)

Det meste om årets første kamp (17/11, seier 2-1) her: http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=9381.0

Larsen.

Sv: KAMP: vs. Swindon Town 1/3
« Svar #1 på: Februar 24, 2008, 00:40:15 »
Gruer meg...
Pride of Yorkshire

Leeeeeeeeeeeeds

« Svar #2 på: Februar 24, 2008, 12:02:25 »
Gleder meg som en unge. Nå vinner vi!! Banna bein
HI MY NAME IS LEEDS, AND WHY NOT. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: Februar 24, 2008, 13:26:38 »
Kamp 23/2:

SADDLERS CRUISE PAST ROBINS

Walsall are firmly back in the play-off frame after a comfortable 3-0 victory at Swindon whose own promotion hopes were severely dented.
Saddlers midfielder Lee Holmes struck once in either half to put his side in the driving seat and Richard Money's team sealed the points in the final minute with a third from Alex Nicholls.
Holmes curled in an exquisite left-footed free-kick from 22 yards after Jerel Ifil fouled Kevin Betsy to give Walsall an 11th-minute lead which they never looked like surrendering.
The Saddlers midfielder doubled Walsall's lead after 56 minutes, latching on to Mark Bradley's pass and although Swindon goalkeeper Phil Smith saved his first effort, Holmes reacted to score into an empty net.
Holmes was denied a hat-trick by a last-ditch tackle from Swindon striker Simon Cox, who was lucky to escape with a yellow card for a foul which saw Bradley stretchered off.
Walsall iced the cake in injury time when Betsy again broke clear of a square defence and although he was denied by Smith, the luckless Swindon keeper could only watch as Nicholls scored into the unguarded net.

TEAM:
1. Phil Smith, 14. Miguel Comminges  (74), 3. Jamie Vincent, 5. Jerel Ifil, 16. Hasney Aljofree, 10. Jon-Paul McGovern  (62), 4. Lee Peacock. 8. Craig Easton. 27. Anthony McNamee, 20. Billy Paynter , 31. Simon Cox

SUBS: 12. Peter Brezovan (GK), 7. Christian Roberts  (62), 21. Blair Sturrock, 26. Patrick Kanyuka, 30. Moses Ashikodi  (74)

PA Sport

Wannabe

« Svar #4 på: Februar 25, 2008, 19:42:46 »
Føler meg IKKE trygg på at bunnen (vi snakker om tiden etter sesongstart nå sist høst) helt er nådd. Er fornøyd med U igjen! Seier er en bonus som gir grunn til kjempeoptimisme foran de to neste hjemmekampene hvor jeg i likhet med en god del andre av oss er ringside!

MOT

Roy

« Svar #5 på: Februar 25, 2008, 20:44:24 »
Ni poeng på de tre neste så er vi med der oppe igjen.
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

baste

« Svar #6 på: Februar 25, 2008, 23:36:39 »

det beste innlegget jeg har lest på leeenge...

marching on...

GeirO

« Svar #7 på: Februar 26, 2008, 08:27:06 »

For tiden er det vel mer sannsynlig at månen faller i hodet på oss ;)
Eller at vi får tilbake 15 poeng...he-he.
MOT

baste

« Svar #8 på: Februar 26, 2008, 08:36:33 »

For tiden er det vel mer sannsynlig at månen faller i hodet på oss ;)
Eller at vi får tilbake 15 poeng...he-he.

Og hvor har vi ligget med de 15 poengene? Se på tabellen, det er ikke helsvart.

Lagene foran oss kan få en periode som vi har vært i, men formsvikt, tap, uavgjort etc mens Leeds kan begynne å vinne kamper. Og da snur det fort. Skader, kort og annet vil tære på de andre lagene også, det er mao ikkee over før "den feite damen" synger...

Sleivind

« Svar #9 på: Februar 26, 2008, 13:49:29 »
Vi har 2 seiere på de siste 12 kampene. Av de siste 7 kampene har vi ikke vunne en eneste en. Ikke at jeg har noen oversikt, men det kan ikke være mange lag som har plukket like få poeng som oss i denne perioden. Så på lørdag er det på høy tid å vinne en kamp igjen. Jeg forventer at vi vinner på lørdag, noe annet vil være for dårlig. Med Thompson og Kilkenny (?) tilbake så blir det spennende å se hvordan han komponerer midtbanen. Nå har vel også Carole funnet formen igjen, og hadde vel en assist på lørdag. Får han tillit fra start? I tilegg så er vel Beckford tilbake fra karantene.

Vil han Macca satse offensivt på lørdag? Jeg vil heller ha Parker og Kenton inn, men vi må vel leve med Sheehan og Frazer  :(

Ankergren
Kenton - Michalik - Rui - Parker
Carole - Prutton - Howson - Thompson
Beckford - Kandol

kjelvi

« Svar #10 på: Februar 28, 2008, 09:49:53 »
Kamp 26/2:

Latics denied by Peacock double

Lee Peacock scored his first goals since November to earn Swindon a 2-2 draw in a topsy-turvy clash against Oldham at Boundary Park.
The 31-year-old put the visitors in front on the half-hour when he netted from close range after Craig Easton had headed down to him.
But Oldham were level in the 50th minute when David Livermore - on loan from Hull - deflected in Jason Jarrett's shot to net his first goal for the Latics.
And five minutes later the injury-ravaged Latics went in front when Mark Allott's powerful shot from the edge of the box went straight through the hands of Phil Smith in the Swindon goal.
However, Peacock ensured that a mistake-riddled contest ended all square with his second - and fifth of the season - after 58 minutes, heading home a Christian Roberts corner.
Oldham are now unbeaten in their last five home games while Swindon have won just one in seven on their travels.

TEAM: 1. Phil Smith, 14. Miguel Comminges, 26. Patrick Kanyuka, 16. Hasney Aljofree, 3. Jamie Vincent, 24. Chris Allen, 4. Lee Peacock (75), 8. Craig Easton, 7. Christian Roberts, 31. Simon Cox (80), 20. Billy Paynter   

SUBS: 12. Peter Brezovan (GK), 5. Jerel Ifil, 11. Sofiene Zaaboub (75), 31. Blair Sturrock (80), 30. Moses Ashikodi 

---

Malpas: It was a fair result

Swindon manager Maurice Malpas admits he was satisfied with a point following their 2-2 draw at Oldham but paid special praise to Lee Peacock.
Peacock put the Robins in front at the break, only for David Livermore and Mark Allott to put Oldham in charge, before Peacock's second of the night earned a draw.
Malpas was unhappy with the way his side defended the Oldham goals, but hailed the contribution of Peacock.
"Lee Peacock is one of the best players in the league in the air and we have to use his strengths to our advantage," said Malpas.
"It was a fair result. We played well in the first half but our performance dipped in the second.
"We were on our heels for their goals when we should have attacked the ball. We need to build on our first-half showing, but one point is better than none."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #11 på: Februar 28, 2008, 14:53:54 »
McGovern: My Leeds United regret

WHEN he recalls his one and only opportunity to join Leeds United, Jon-Paul McGovern sees himself as a victim of circumstance.
McGovern was without a contract when Kevin Blackwell invited him to an extended trial with Leeds in the summer of 2006, but the appeal of the opening he saw at Thorp Arch was blurred by the offer of a substantial deal with MK Dons.
The midfielder knew Blackwell from a previous spell at Sheffield United, and he warmed to the sound of life in Leeds. His recent departure from Sheffield Wednesday had been bitter and disheartening.
But McGovern had a mortgage to pay, and the contract with MK Dons was on a plate. He made his mind up quickly and left Yorkshire for Milton Keynes, declining Blackwell's offer with thanks. Two years later, it is a decision that leaves him asking questions of himself.
The 27-year-old saw a glimpse of what might have been when he played in Swindon Town's 2-1 defeat at Elland Road in November, before a crowd of almost 28,000.
On Saturday, his path will cross United's for a second time at the County Ground where Swindon will attempt to record their first victory over Leeds since 1990.
McGovern does not resent the circumstances that forced his hand in 2006 and he still believes he had no choice to make. But his rejection of Blackwell and Leeds is tinged with regret.
"That's one of the few times in my career that I look back on and think 'what if?'," he said.
"I'd worked with Kevin Blackwell before. He was someone I liked and he was making all the right noises about me coming to Leeds. I think he just wanted to check my fitness.
"But I was out of contract for the first time and at the back of my mind there was a worry that I'd be left high and dry at the end of the trial.
"Leaving Sheffield Wednesday bitterly disappointment me – I've always felt it was down to politics inside the club – and the summer was difficult.
"I went on holiday with my family, but my mind was elsewhere. You're forever looking at your phone and waiting for it to ring. It's a case of 'does anyone want me?'
"Before I knew it, Leeds were offering me a trial and MK Dons were offering me a long-term contract.
"It doesn't sound very romantic but I had a mortgage to pay and my future to think of, and MK Dons had big plans. It made sense to take their offer.
"There's a little bit of regret there, but it was the sensible decision. They're not always the easiest ones to make."
Concern in Blackwell's mind over McGovern's fitness was inevitable after his second season at Hillsborough, in which he made only eight appearances.
The midfielder developed a problem with discs in his spine, and still blames a premature comeback for the punctured year which followed.
He also resents the injury-prone reputation that has stalked him since; last season he made 52 appearances for MK Dons, and he has completed more than 30 for Swindon over the past six months having signed for Paul Sturrock on the final day of the summer transfer window.
Swindon were once a Premiership club, far back in 1994, and though Sturrock saw them promoted from League Two last season, McGovern can sense the mild impatience of supporters who have known better days.
But there is, he concedes, no comparison with the frustration felt by the masses who packed the terraces at Elland Road for Swindon's visit in November.
"Leeds are like Nottingham Forest in this division," McGovern said. "Both looks completely out of place.
"From week-to-week, we play in front of crowds of maybe six or seven thousand, and then you go to Elland Road and there are almost 30,000 supporters there. It's crazy.
"When you look at it like that you can understand why people say the game is their cup final. It's an experience you get once a season if you're lucky.
"But it doesn't surprise me that a lot of teams have played well at Elland Road this season because the place inspires you.
"As soon as I got there I thought 'I'll have a piece of this'. We all did. The last thing you want is to look as if you can't cope with the atmosphere.
"That's when players are most concerned about making a name for themselves, and Leeds have to deal with that every second weekend. It can't be easy."
It is perhaps so demanding that an escape from Elland Road this weekend may suit Gary McAllister and his players.
The club have dropped points in all of their last four home matches, to the displeasure of the watching crowd, and Leeds are residing close to Swindon in a position which will soon resemble mid-table without a noticeable improvement in their results.
Swindon have an encouraging home record of eight wins and four draws from 16 matches, and McGovern who, ironically, has been overcoming a hip problem this week admits he and his team-mates are quietly confident.
Swindon expect the attendance at the County Ground to near the capacity of around 15,000, a standard welcome for Leeds in League One but a novel experience for their hosts.
"A crowd of that size at home is a bit of a new experience for us," said McGovern. "It's massive support, and we should thrive on that.
"Clubs are always looking for more fans to come through the turnstiles, and it's no good under-performing when they do. It's a big occasion and I hope we rise to it."

YEP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Paul_McGovern
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10341~22540,00.html

Sleivind

« Svar #12 på: Februar 28, 2008, 15:23:28 »
Thompson, Kilkenny og O'Halloran vil alle gå rett inn på laget som reiser til Swindon.

Joe Jordan

« Svar #13 på: Februar 28, 2008, 18:07:33 »
Forventer ingenting lenger, siden Poyet forsvant har Leeds kanskje vært det dårligste laget L1, men at Thompson er tilbake legger faktisk lista noen millimeter over bakkenivå...
'If they hadn't scored, we would've won.' - Howard Wilkinson

kjelvi

« Svar #14 på: Februar 29, 2008, 17:06:42 »
Keep the faith players urged

Gary McAllister

Gary McAllister has told his players to believe in their promotion credentials as they go in search of their first victory for almost seven weeks tomorrow.
Three successive draws and seven straight matches without a win have left United five points behind League One's play-off positions ahead of this weekend's clash with Swindon Town at the County Ground (kick-off 2pm).
McAllister is still waiting for his first victory as United manager and called for a vast improvement after last weekend's lacklustre stalemate with Crewe Alexandra.
But he has attempted to repair the fragile confidence of his squad by reminding them of their exploits during the first half of the season.
McAllister said: "The players have to keep believing. I still feel very good.
"The three draws have been frustrating, but if we get two or three victories on the bounce, those draws might turn out to be not bad results.
"There's still only one team who have won more games than us, and we've still got the leading goalscorer in the league. It's there in black and white.
"When you go through a spell like we're going through you sometimes have a little doubt, but we have to banish that and get rid of all the negativity."

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #15 på: Februar 29, 2008, 17:11:06 »
LORIMER: Time to show bottle and turn things round

Peter Lorimer
Talking Soccer

I would be lying if I said that, with 13 games to go, I wasn't worried by Leeds United's position in the League One table.
We are a long way from the point of no return, but with five points between the club and the play-offs, there is no denying that the run of seven matches without a victory has done serious damage to our chances of reaching the top six.
In our position, it's not only the teams in the top six that we have to worry about, but also the likes of Southend United and Leyton Orient who are knocking on the door from the outside.
Most clubs in and around the top half of the table still have chance of promotion, and we cannot expect all of them to have poor spells between now and the end of the season.
You reach the play-offs on merit, and Leeds United's form must improve quickly for that to happen.
The team are lacking in belief at the moment, and you can see that in their performances.
There are very few players who don't like the idea of playing for Leeds United, but the lads out there – especially those who signed for Leeds in the January transfer window – are starting to find out what people mean when they talk about the pressure of representing this club.
When the results are going in your favour, it is more straightforward to come to Leeds and adapt to the surroundings by feeding off the confidence of the other players, but when times are hard it becomes a real test of character.
This period of season is when Gary will learn most about his players, and perhaps find a few out.
It requires bottle to take a grip of a situation like the one Leeds are in and to turn it around, and the squad must prove they have that bottle.
There is nowhere to hide when your wages are paid from Elland Road.
After last weekend's draw with Crewe, I heard Gary talking about the importance of securing his first win, and I agree.
The effect of that will be enormous, and one win may be all the players need to start believing in themselves again.
There are still a large number of points to play for and it's important for the fans to remember that, despite the frustration that has set in.
Our recent results have been well below the standard we're looking for, and there is no escaping that fact. But this isn't the time to throw in the towel.

I'm pleased to see Alan Thompson back in contention, and I also feel that the return of Andrew Hughes and Jonathan Douglas from injury can't come soon enough.
These are three extremely influential players with masses of experience, and they're the guys you expect to hold up others around them when the pressure's on.
Gary needs inspirational figures, especially in the centre of midfield, and I've always felt that losing Douglas to injury shortly before Christmas was a much bigger blow than people perhaps realised.
He's got bundles of energy and he puts himself at the heart of every performance, and it's that type of example that the players need to follow if they're going to get themselves out of this rut.

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #16 på: Februar 29, 2008, 17:11:57 »
Team News:

Swindon Town v Leeds United
Jermaine Beckford is back from suspension as Leeds look to end a seven-game winless run, while Gary McAllister is further boosted by the availability of Neil Kilkenny after injury and captain Alan Thompson after a month on loan at Hartlepool United. Stephen O'Halloran could start at left back after joining United on loan from Aston Villa.
Leeds United manager Gary McAllister said: "We're going into the last third of the season, and we need people with character to really push it on."

YEP

Trond90

« Svar #17 på: Februar 29, 2008, 17:56:43 »
Fantastisk at den begynner kl 3!! jeg trodde den begynnte klokken 4, jeg skal spille nattcup fra klokken seks. Da får jeg tid til kampen før jeg må gå :D MOT hvem tror dere starter på venstre back? O`Halloran? Sheenan? og går Thommo rett inn? Discuss!  :)
We are Leeds, We are Proud, Standing up, Singing loud,
and there's nothing you can do against the Yellow Whites and Blue!

kjelvi

« Svar #18 på: Februar 29, 2008, 18:02:39 »
* Swindon Town have sold more than 12,300 tickets for tomorrow's clash at the County Ground.

* Gary McAllister has confirmed that midfielders Neil Kilkenny and Alan Thompson will travel with his squad for tomorrow's clash with Swindon Town. Kilkenny is fit after an Achilles problem, and Thompson has returned to Leeds from his month-long loan at Hartlepool.

samadhi

« Svar #19 på: Februar 29, 2008, 18:42:54 »
hvorfor begynner kampen en time tidligere?
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Leeeeeeeeeeeeds

« Svar #20 på: Februar 29, 2008, 19:19:04 »
hvorfor begynner kampen en time tidligere?
Pollliti
HI MY NAME IS LEEDS, AND WHY NOT. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

Sleivind

« Svar #21 på: Februar 29, 2008, 19:41:56 »
Ã… flytte en kamp fra 16.00 til f.eks 13.00 kan jeg skjønne. Men å flytte en kamp 1 time tilbake, kan ikke ha noen som helst nytte for seg?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #22 på: Februar 29, 2008, 20:26:20 »
Ã… flytte en kamp fra 16.00 til f.eks 13.00 kan jeg skjønne. Men å flytte en kamp 1 time tilbake, kan ikke ha noen som helst nytte for seg?

Nå må du ikke forvirre Sir'en enda mer  ;D
Og, som han pleier å si, kl 15 hva da? Engelsk tid???  ;D

Beklager Øisten, men jag mååååå bare....

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

berlin

« Svar #23 på: Februar 29, 2008, 22:42:49 »
Cheltenham - Southend 1-1, ferdigspilt.
Southend har nå 51 poeng på 33 kamper.

Seier i morgen?

nord

« Svar #24 på: Mars 01, 2008, 00:27:59 »
Vi trænger alvorligt en sejer imorgen! og jeg tror faktisk at vi vinder!  :o

kjelvi

« Svar #25 på: Mars 01, 2008, 11:00:57 »
Cox: This is the perfect time to face Leeds

SIMON Cox believes there couldn't be a better time to be taking on Leeds, as Town look to exact revenge for their defeat at Elland Road earlier in the season.
The Whites have been through a patch of indifferent form since Gary McAllister took over from Dennis Wise at the end of January, and are yet to record a win under his stewardship as they slipped from third place to ninth in League One.
A change in personnel has brought about a change in style at Leeds, and with the team taking time to adjust to McAllister's ways, Cox insists Town can take full advantage.
He said: "They've done tremendously well this year to claw back the 15-point deduction, and where they are now is a big achievement for them.
"Alright, they're not playing that well at the moment, but Gary McAllister is obviously a man who wants to play.
"The way they were playing was getting them results and now he's come in and they've got to change the way they play. It's a good time to be playing them. They'll turn the corner at some point, but we're just hoping it's not this weekend."
Despite putting in one of their best performances of the season, Town went down 2-1 in Yorkshire back in November, largely thanks to a woeful refereeing display by Lee Mason.
A debatable penalty decision against Hasney Aljofree and a number of questionable decisions infuriated Town's players and fans alike, and Cox is desperate to get his own back on Leeds.
He said: "We went there and were very unlucky. If it wasn't for a certain official we probably would have either come away with a point or three.
"But you can't keep complaining and blaming people, we've got to go out and do the business.
"And with a big crowd here it will be a very good atmosphere, and hopefully the fans can lift us.
"We've got to go out and put in a good, hard-fought performance like we did up there.
"We were digging for every ball and scrapping. It was a bit of a horrible game, but we know what we've got to do to win and hopefully we can come away with all three points."

thisisswindontownfc.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #26 på: Mars 01, 2008, 11:31:42 »
Gudene skal vite at vi trenger en opptur i dag. Nå må omslaget komme om vi skal ha en realistisk sjanse på playoff!

Magefølelsen er ikke den beste, men det er den sjelden. Håper og tror at Becks retur kan gi uttelling foran kassa, samt Killi's og Thommos gjeninntredelse skal gi ro og tyngde.

Tror det blir en tett slitekamp, hvor Leeds avgjør 5-10 mins før full tid uten å imponere.

Lars E

« Svar #27 på: Mars 01, 2008, 12:21:23 »
Kan vi ikke bare vinne idag da? Hadde vært kjekt ;D
Forever Leeds

soumoh

« Svar #28 på: Mars 01, 2008, 12:57:44 »
Hei folx.

Nå er det ikke lenge til jeg skal opereres. Får dermed ikke med meg kampen i dag som følge av dette. Operasjonen begynner (ironisk? nok) kl 15.00, samme tidspunkt som kampen.

Satser på en deilig Leeds-seier når jeg våkner opp igjen. Det er nøkkelen for en "quick recovery" for min del  ;D skulle vi vinne i dag, kan jeg alltid tilby å operere meg hver helg frem til opprykk er sikret eller?  :D
We'll be back.

Roy

« Svar #29 på: Mars 01, 2008, 13:28:05 »
Hei folx.

Nå er det ikke lenge til jeg skal opereres. Får dermed ikke med meg kampen i dag som følge av dette. Operasjonen begynner (ironisk? nok) kl 15.00, samme tidspunkt som kampen.

Satser på en deilig Leeds-seier når jeg våkner opp igjen. Det er nøkkelen for en "quick recovery" for min del  ;D skulle vi vinne i dag, kan jeg alltid tilby å operere meg hver helg frem til opprykk er sikret eller?  :D

Lykke til  :)
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED