Skrevet av Emne: Under 18's  (Lest 238215 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Under 18's
« Svar #180 på: Mai 18, 2012, 16:57:27 »
Leeds United: Academy boss Redfearn wants under-18 stars to stay on

POINTING THE WAY: Neil Redfearn has high hopes for the nucleus of Uniteds successful under-18 side.

By Phil Hay
Published on Thursday 17 May 2012 12:55

Neil Redfearn hopes three of Leeds United’s junior players will follow the example of Simon Lenighan and Sam Byram in signing professional contracts and committing themselves to Elland Road.

The club’s under-18s coach believes Charlie Clamp, Ross Killock and Dominic Poleon would “see sense” by accepting the terms offered to them earlier this month.

Leeds are looking to promote a crop of five academy products into their senior squad, and Lenighan and Byram have already completed the transition by accepting one-year deals with the Championship club.

Lenighan captained Leeds’ Under-18s to second place in their Premier Academy League this season and Byram featured regularly in Redfearn’s defence before fracturing a bone in one foot during a 2-2 draw with Manchester City in March.

Clamp, Killock and Poleon, who claimed 12 goals and finished as United’s leading scorer, were also heavily involved in a strong league campaign.

All three have been invited to agree professional forms at Elland Road as United finalise their preparation for the introduction of English football’s Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) later this year.

Redfearn said: “Young players are no different to senior pros these days. Some of them have got advisors and they’ve all got decisions to make about their futures.

Grade

“But I’m really pleased to see Simon and Sam sign up and hopefully the other three will see sense and do the same. The (under-18) squad as a whole have taken big steps forward this season and you can see that by the fact that five of them have been given the chance to go pro.

“Normally you hope that one or two will make the grade each year but it’s more unusual to see five take the step up at the same time. They’re a good crop and it would be nice to keep them together.”

The EPPP – a proposal which will relax the rules on the recruitment of young players and reduce the levels of compensation due when a player leave one academy for another – comes into force at the start of next season, despite Leeds and a number of other Football League clubs voting against the plan.

Redfearn will head up an under-21 development squad in which all five of the players offered professional terms are expected to feature.

Lenighan has accepted a one-year agreement at Leeds with the option of a second year, profiting from a campaign in which he skippered United’s under-18s to within three points of the Premier Academy League title. They finished narrowly adrift of Newcastle despite beating the champions twice.

Byram also received a 12-month deal and put pen to paper last week.

Redfearn said: “We started off by using Simon as a central midfielder but he ended up playing as part of a three, getting forward and scoring a few goals.

“He’s 6ft 3in and a strong, physical lad. Like a few players he’s really benefited from the extra physical work we’ve done this year. Our fitness programme meant two days of conditioning-based football work a week and two days of technical work leading up to matches. The difference has been massive.

“Sam’s been a key player for us too, right up until he fractured his foot against Man City.

“I wouldn’t say they’re necessarily ready for exposure in the first team yet, and that’s not my decision in any case, but there’s plenty of promise there.

“I think another year of reserve-team football and games for the under-21 development group will do them the world of good. How far they can do is always impossible to say for certain, but if they weren’t showing potential then they wouldn’t have been offered these contracts.”

United opposed the EPPP amid concerns the plan would encourage wealthier clubs to steal the more talented members of their academy.

Leeds have seen a string of unwanted departures from Thorp Arch in the years since their relegation from the Premier League but consistently secured sizeable fees for departing youngsters. The EPPP – a tiered system in which Leeds are likely to be ranked in the second-highest of four grades – will lower the compensation due when clubs sign academy players.

Commenting after the EPPP was approved in October, United chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “We voted no because we don’t believe the new compensation structure which is being put in place fairly or adequately represents the development time that goes into each of the young players. We’re not going to be given protection.”

United altered their academy structure in readiness for the introduction of the EPPP by parting company with academy manager Chris Sulley in March. Sulley had been in his post for only 12 months.

Meanwhile, Lewis and Nathan Turner look set join Zac Thompson and Charlie Taylor in heading out of Leeds on loan next season after extending their professional deals.

The 19-year-old brothers have received new one-year contracts with the option of an additional 12 months and could be given the chance to make their senior debuts elsewhere in the Football League.

Leeds originally signed the academy products to professional forms in 2011 and defender Lewis Turner made his first appearance in a matchday squad when he sat on the bench during Leeds’ Carling Cup win at Doncaster Rovers last August.

Manager Neil Warnock took both players to Reading on Good Friday, naming them in his travelling party but leaving them out of United’s 16-man squad, but the planned influx of new signings this summer is likely to limit their chances of greater exposure next term.

Warnock is already looking for clubs to take Thompson and Taylor on loan after a year in which the youngsters made their full debuts for Leeds, and Nathan Turner indicated that he and his brother would be keen to follow if temporary moves were offered to them.

“We want to try and get in the manager’s plans,” said the midfielder. “If that doesn’t happen it might be that we go out on loan.”

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-academy-boss-redfearn-wants-under-18-stars-to-stay-on-1-4558509
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #181 på: Mai 21, 2012, 15:34:58 »
FORMER Harrogate Railway youngster Simon Lenighan has signed a professional deal with Leeds United.

The teenage midfielder has taken up a one-year contract on the back of a strong season with Leeds U-18s.

Lenighan skippered the side to a second-placed finish in their Premier Academy League and scored four times during the last two months of the term.

The 18-year-old said: “I’d like to play regularly and force my way into the first-team squad. It’ll be a challenge but I’m always up for a challenge.”

Having been part of Rail from U-11s level, Lenighan has progressed dramatically over a short period of time thanks in part to Railway’s junior setup.

Simon signed on as a Youth with Leeds at U-16s level after being selected at a Thorp Arch trial in which he only played seven minutes before being selected as the only player out of 30 to make the grade

http://www.northyorkshirenews.com/sport/local/ex-rail-ace-signs-pro-forms-with-leeds-united-1-4568246

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #182 på: Juni 11, 2012, 20:20:57 »
Tre U-spillere kommer til fornuften ved å signere nyr kontrakter med Leeds United:

Sitat
Neil Redfearn hopes three of Leeds United’s junior players will follow the example of Simon Lenighan and Sam Byram in signing professional contracts and committing themselves to Elland Road.

The club’s under-18s coach believes Charlie Clamp, Ross Killock and Dominic Poleon would “see sense” by accepting the terms offered to them earlier this month.

http://www.throughitalltogether.com/2012/6/11/3077716/youth-trio-sign-professional-deals

Leeds United have today announced that three of the youth team have taken up professional deals with the club.

Dominic Poleon, Ross Killock and highly-rated defender Monty Gimpel have all agreed deals with the club, with Gimpel set to sign his first professional deal on July 1st.

Poleon, a striker, scored 12 goals last season and was the under-18s leading scorer. The forward has put pen to paper on a one-year-deal. Killock has also signed a one-year-deal with the club and he made 20 appearances for the U18's last season, mainly at centre-back.

Fellow centre-half Gimpel comes with high credentials after it emerged last season that several Premiership clubs were chasing the German defender. Fellow Leeds site the Scratching Shed reported that Gimpel was being chased by a host of clubs including Arsenal. Despite his apparent talent, most fans have yet to see any glimpses of the centre-back with the detailed reports coming from followers of our youth teams.

Although we won't see anything from these three for a while, it would be nice to see a glimpse of Gimpel in the League Cup this season. In the past we've let solid youth players leave, or should I say others have pinched them. In recent times Tom Lees and Aidy White have improved year on year, and we can only hope these players continue in the same mould.

;D

Her ser vi at anerkjente Monty Gimple signerer kontrakt med klubben! Et stortalent!!!!

Da mangler bare Charlie Clamp, tror jeg, så er vel hele 6 av grunnstammen på U-laget på nye kontrakter til tross for vriene agenter og ambisjoner om Premier League!!!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

SindreWikre

• På juniorlaget
  • Sindre - LEEDS - LEEDS - LEEDS
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #183 på: Juni 12, 2012, 23:44:59 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8T54LHTqk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Ser mye potensial i Dominic Poleon og Simon Lenighan!

Poleon minner meg litt om Beckford i den tiden han ikke scorte for oss .
God å posisjonere seg , god me ballen og skaper mye!

Lenighan virka som en Midtbanesjef !
Pontus ❤

Promotion 2010

« Svar #184 på: Juni 13, 2012, 19:57:49 »
Fantastic Boost

Meanwhile, Leeds youngsters Simon Lenighen, Dominic Poleon, Charlie Clamp, Sam Byram, Ross Killock and Monty Gimpel have all now signed professional deals at Leeds United. Leeds’ Under-18s did particularly well last season and the youngsters may well offer versatility to the Leeds squad and will be a welcome addition to the training ground.

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/06/missing-the-boat-or-perfect-timing/
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #185 på: Oktober 12, 2012, 08:55:56 »
Ikke hørt om fyren enda, men er visstnok et stort talent når vi gir ham en tre årig proffkontrakt!

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20121012/young-midfielder-signs-pro-deal_2247585_2946066

Merk dere navnet - Chris Dawson  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

ragnar

« Svar #186 på: Oktober 12, 2012, 09:51:18 »
Er han god nok er han gammel nok. La han prøve seg på alaget sånn at han får prøve seg.  Ser ut NW ikke er redd for å kaste de unge utpå.  :)
*In El Loco we trust!*

Sydhagen

« Svar #187 på: Oktober 12, 2012, 09:55:19 »
Ikke hørt om fyren enda, men er visstnok et stort talent når vi gir ham en tre årig proffkontrakt!

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20121012/young-midfielder-signs-pro-deal_2247585_2946066

auren

Spennende!
Virker som det kryr av talenter i klubben nå  :)
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

RoarG

« Svar #188 på: Oktober 12, 2012, 11:46:39 »

auren

Spennende!
Virker som det kryr av talenter i klubben nå  :)
Topp. Når Brown trapper ned, stepper unge Chris inn :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #189 på: Oktober 13, 2012, 11:40:25 »
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-young-gun-signs-pro-deal-1-5022101

Young midfielder Chris Dawson has signed his first professional contract with Leeds United.

The Dewsbury-born 18-year-old, who has been with the club’s Academy since the age of nine, has signed a contract that will take him to 2015.

The offer of a professional contract is reward for an impressive start to the season by the second-year scholar.

Under-18s coach Richard Naylor has been rich in his praise of the youngster, and he has also impressed development coach Neil Redfearn in his appearances for the Under-21s where he looked sharp against a strong Leicester side and again after coming on as a substitute at Huddersfield on Tuesday.

“I think we’ll see a lot more of Chris Dawson,” said Neil. “He has great feet. He’s a football athlete which is what we’re looking at in the Academy.”

Er det Warnock-effekten som får så mange til å prestere bra?

God start for både U-18 og developement squad!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

« Svar #191 på: Oktober 29, 2012, 10:50:48 »
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Sydhagen

« Svar #192 på: Januar 15, 2013, 13:50:32 »
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20130115/richard-delighted-with-start-to-year_2247585_3042141?

juniorene gjør det bra og topper sin divisjon.
skal ut i cup kamp denne uken som blir vist live på LUTV.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #193 på: Januar 16, 2013, 19:50:03 »
En liten anbefaling for kvelden:

Andrew Haigh‏@AndrewHaigh

Looking forward to watching the #lufc Under-18s on LUTV tonight. Heard lots of good things about them.

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #194 på: Januar 16, 2013, 20:01:46 »
Irriterende hakking på bildet. Ut- og innlogging hjalp ikke.

Der ble det sving på sakene. Ok nå.  :)
« Siste redigering: Januar 16, 2013, 20:06:21 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

sportcarl1

« Svar #195 på: Januar 16, 2013, 20:17:43 »
hur sköter de sig?

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #196 på: Januar 16, 2013, 20:26:43 »
hur sköter de sig?

Vi leder 3-0. 3-1 nå.
« Siste redigering: Januar 16, 2013, 20:29:24 av Rudi G. »

sportcarl1

« Svar #197 på: Januar 16, 2013, 20:33:22 »
hur sköter de sig?

Vi leder 3-0. 3-1 nå.
någon spelare som utmärker sig?

Hallgeir *

« Svar #198 på: Januar 16, 2013, 20:50:16 »
hur sköter de sig?

Vi leder 3-0. 3-1 nå.
någon spelare som utmärker sig?

Chris Dawson med  2 scoringer, Mowatt med straffemål.

Synes det har vært bra laginnsats. Dawson er bra, men han er liten og lett. Med litt mer muskler ville han kunne hevde seg på førstelaget.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #199 på: Januar 16, 2013, 21:11:18 »
4 - 1 Dawson igjen, denne gang på straffe.

5 - 1 Coker.

6 - 1 Owen Stokes.
« Siste redigering: Januar 16, 2013, 21:40:49 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #200 på: Januar 16, 2013, 21:46:09 »
4 - 1 Dawson igjen, denne gang på straffe.

5 - 1 Coker.

6 - 1 Owen Stokes.

...noe sier meg at vi skal være glad at ikke Redders (Neil Redfern) ble Barnsley-manager :)

Keep up the good work

Edith: Jadda, vet at det er gode gamle Naylor som har hatt ansvaret for akkurat disse siste tiden
« Siste redigering: Januar 16, 2013, 21:59:51 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #201 på: Januar 16, 2013, 21:48:48 »
Nå blir det bortemøte mot vinneren av Histon - Liverpool i neste runde. Noe sier meg at det blir tur til Anfield..
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #202 på: Januar 20, 2013, 13:34:20 »
Intervju med sjefen, Richard Naylor:

Leeds United: Naylor’s enjoying his role with Whites INTERVIEW
By Phil Hay
Published on Sunday 20 January 2013 11:30

If the FA Youth Cup has a sense of humour it will send Leeds United’s Under-18s to Histon in round five.

Part of the club’s dignity was buried in that village on the day their senior squad capitulated there four years ago.

The law of averages says United’s youth-team are destined to avoid a visit to that graveyard.

Nothing in football is pre-conceived but with Leeds due to meet the winners of Wednesday’s game between Histon and Liverpool, it is more than likely that Anfield will be their next stop on February 9.

The Premier League venue would befit a squad who are far closer to the ballpark of England’s elite clubs than they are to the standards of non-league.

United’s Under-18s have lost only one game this season and are joint top of their Professional Development league.

On Tuesday night they ran Burton Albion ragged, winning 6-1 at Elland Road in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup.

I suggest to their coach, Richard Naylor, that it’s been a good year so far. “I think that’s an understatement,” he says.

This is Naylor’s first season as a coach; his first since retiring after almost 20 years as a professional player.

Brought in to handle the Under-18s amid the implementation of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) – the controversial brainchild of the Premier League – United’s scholars have thrived under him. One of them, midfielder Chris Dawson, signed a professional contract in October.

“For a young side, what they’ve done is really impressive,” Naylor says.

“We’ve only got four or five second-years in the squad and we’re basically a team full of first-years.

“That makes a difference because at this age older players are stronger and more mature.

But we’ve only been beaten once (a 3-0 defeat to Barnsley in September) and I don’t think we deserved to lose that game. It’s some going.”

And so the obvious question – how much potential do the latest crop of juniors at Thorp Arch have?

It is a point of interest each and every season; a query encouraged by the historic reputation of United’s academy. There are times when the production line seems to be running out of steam.

Then the likes of Tom Lees and Sam Byram emerge from the shadows. Dawson might be next, the name on everyone’s lips. “He’s got a great chance of progressing,” Naylor says.

The 35-year-old is wary of making outlandish comparisons between this group of players and those who Leeds nurtured before them.

United are a club who twice won the FA Youth Cup – the country’s most prestigious junior competition – in the 1990s. The walls at Thorp Arch are covered with photographs of the players responsible.

“It’s difficult for me to judge exactly how good these lads are,” Naylor says. “I’ve come into the job this season and for obvious reasons I don’t have great experience of watching this age-group play. It’s hard for me to gauge how talented this group are compared to other years.

“What I can say is that the lads in the building at the moment have the right attitude.

“They’re hungry to do well. There’s a lot of talk about the youngsters of today – a lot of bad press – but the lads here listen, learn, do their jobs and want to do their jobs.

“I’m not sure what more you can ask for. Most of them have big hearts and you can go a long way in football with one of those.”

Dawson scored a hat-trick against Burton on Tuesday, inspiring an emphatic win despite Naylor admitting that Leeds “didn’t really play our football.” Alongside Dawson, their impetus this season has come in no small part from strikers Lewis Walters and Luke Parkin, both of whom have reached 10 goals in league fixtures.

“We’ve got goals in the side and the front three have been great,” Naylor says. “Little Chrissy Dawson in behind Parkin and Walters. When you’ve got that threat it’s important that the rest of the team keep it tight. To be fair, they’ve done that really well.”

Naylor succumbed to retirement last May but did so willingly, encouraged by a body which was giving up on him.

The latter stages of his career with Leeds were plagued by injuries, the worst of which required invasive surgery on a slipped disc, and it was apparent 12 months ago while at Rotherham United that he had reached the end of the line.

A lifelong Leeds fan, he is arguably as respected a captain as United have had in their post Premier League years, the man who led the squad in the season when Leeds finally escaped from League One.

He has coaching qualifications but relevant experience too. As a way of keeping United’s players relaxed before Tuesday tie, he joked with them about conceding an own goal in front of the Kop during a game against Millwall in 2011.

“I think it helps having people around who’ve been there and done it,” he says. “The lads look to you for reassurance.

“I talked to them the other night about scoring that own goal, just to settle their nerves.

“It makes the point that that sort of thing happens and I’m not going to criticise them for making mistakes. I think I’ve got them onside.

“When I retired it was an easy decision. I’d had enough and my body was telling me it was time to go, probably six months before the end of the season.

“I got through to the end by playing bits and pieces but you know when it’s time and that was mine. I haven’t regretted it at all.

“I’d started doing my badges and coaching was something I was interested in but I hadn’t made a firm decision because when you’ve done something for a long time, you start to think ‘maybe I’d like to do something else. Maybe it’s a chance for a fresh start.’

“But then you look at it and realise you don’t have much experience of anything but football. I asked Redders (academy manager Neil Redfearn) if I could do a bit with the kids to keep my hand in, see how I got on and see if I enjoyed it. I did enjoy it and the club asked me to stay. I haven’t looked back.”

Path

The natural assumption is that Naylor is clearing a path into management. Many of his peers will follow that route but the former Ipswich Town captain is less enthusiastic.

“I can’t say that the prospect of managing excites me,” he says.

“At first-team level there’s no security for a start. It must be the worst job in the world for job security. You move from place to place.

“I was lucky that in my career I had a good stint at Ipswich, a stint in Leeds and that was me. I haven’t had to move my family around the country and to be honest, they’re the most important thing to me.

“I wouldn’t want to put my name down for a job here or there. It doesn’t interest me.

“Some people enjoy that kind of pressure but it’s not what floats my boat. I enjoy football and I’m enjoying coaching with the kids. That’s enough for me.”

Naylor argues that the experience of playing at Anfield, should Liverpool keep their side of the bargain, is more important than the result – “At this level it’s not so much about winning cups. What the players want is a career in the game” – but there is kudos involved with the FA Youth Cup.

People in Leeds still speak wistfully of the squads which won the competition in 1993 and 1997.

“The more you work with the kids, the more affinity you have with them and the more you care about how they do,” Naylor says. “So I want them to do well in the cup and to have something like that on their CVs. Football at this level is about development but yeah, I’d like them to win it.”
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-naylor-s-enjoying-his-role-with-whites-interview-1-5334039
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #203 på: Januar 27, 2013, 17:19:09 »
10. seier på rad for unggutta i dag. Vinner 1-0 borte mot Leicester med kaptein Alex Mowatt som målgjører.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #204 på: Februar 18, 2013, 18:41:08 »
Youth FA-cup mot Liverpool den 28/2:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/leeds-cup-date-change

Her er også et klipp av 'pools seier over Histon!

Naylors gutter er vel klart bedre enn deet skrotet!   ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #205 på: Februar 25, 2013, 15:35:45 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

HåvardK

« Svar #206 på: Februar 25, 2013, 18:18:23 »
Godt å se at det gror i de yngre rekker. Naylor har gjort en knalljobb med unggutta, virker det som.

Kim

« Svar #207 på: Februar 25, 2013, 22:39:39 »
Blir spennande mot Liverpool, trur det kan bli vanskelig..

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #208 på: Februar 28, 2013, 20:12:47 »
FA-Youth Cup, Liverpool vs Leeds United;

Laget; Grimes, Roper, Tiesse, Purver, Coker, Skelton, Phillips, Mowatt (c), Parkin, Walters, Dawson.

Benken; Atkinson, Stokes, Cook, Amiri, Booker.

Fansen;

;D

Kan høres her; http://www.leedsunited.com/page/TV/LiveEventsDetail/0,,10273~3090876,00.html

stigahauge

« Svar #209 på: Februar 28, 2013, 20:15:28 »
Ser kampen og hører berre marching on together og  glory glory Leeds United :) Ser veldig bra ut i kampen og.