Skrevet av Emne: Under 18's  (Lest 238197 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Under 18's
« Svar #540 på: April 28, 2018, 23:21:28 »
Dr T

I hope the u18s sleep well tonight. The Charlton folks said they lost in the semi-final last year and they are a year ahead in the cycle. I enjoyed the game and how we took control in the 2nd 45. @jacko55555 I was so into it. We all shook hands and made new friends. I'll be back!

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

auren

« Svar #541 på: April 29, 2018, 13:06:11 »
Skjønner ikke helt hvorfor vi ikke topper laget her. Hvorfor skal Edmondson bli med A-laget når han ikke en gang er med på benken? Dalby er vel også ung nok til å kunne spilt?

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #542 på: April 29, 2018, 15:06:03 »
Skjønner ikke helt hvorfor vi ikke topper laget her. Hvorfor skal Edmondson bli med A-laget når han ikke en gang er med på benken? Dalby er vel også ung nok til å kunne spilt?

auren

Edmondson ble utvist i siste seriekamp, fikk være med troppen til Norwich for å få messer hvordan det var.

Dalby var kanskje skadet! Ikke vet jeg...  ;)

Alt i alt: Et toppet U18 lag i går!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #543 på: April 29, 2018, 15:32:52 »
Phil Hay

Ryan Edmondson obviously didn’t make the 18 at Norwich yesterday. Heckingbottom said he wanted to take him as a consolation for the fact that Edmondson was ruled out of the U18s PDL semi-final by what Leeds felt was an unjust red card. Thinks the experience will be good for him.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #544 på: April 30, 2018, 14:35:13 »
Inside Thorp Arch: 'These lads need to feel what it's like to win something for Leeds United'

Joe Urquhart
Published: 12:59 Monday 30 April 2018
Leeds United under-18s coach Mark Jackson discusses the Whites league title win, moulding young minds at Thorp Arch and his relationship with Paul Heckingbottom.

Leeds United as a football club have always taken great pride in producing young talent whether it's those who make the grade at Elland Road or those who don't.

Thorp Arch.
Thorp Arch.
Lewis Cook is just one of those success stories in recent years and after being handed his first England cap against Italy in March plenty of smiles would've been seen on faces past and present at United's academy.

The Whites were credited for their hand in Cook's development at the EFL awards earlier this month but for many at Thorp Arch it is just another tick in the box of pushing the best out of the talent in front of them.

The man who is now tasked with moulding the minds of the under-18s at United's academy is former player Mark Jackson and, although things haven't run smoothly at first-team level this season, the 40-year-old has seen his side become another one of the many success stories after they lifted the Professional Development League northern league title.

"We're delighted with the season," said Jackson following Saturday's play-off game.

"There's numerous reasons, obviously. Straight away you can see we've had success in the league where we've won the title. Ultimately you've seen progression of players at the football club which is key to what we want as an academy and that is success in itself."

The Whites came unstuck 1-0 against a physical Charlton Athletic side at the weekend in the semi-finals of the development play-offs but the rapid rise of United's 18s side may have come as a slight shock to those outside of Thorp Arch's walls.

For Jackson, though, it is just another sign of the progress being made, titles are all well and good but the wider goal at Leeds remains the same as it always has.

"It's seeing players progress," replied Jackson when asked what was his main aim.

"It's what we want to do, we want to see them playing in the first-team. At this football club throughout the years, even when I was a scholar here coming through, there has always been a presence of the academy in the first-team.

"We want that to continue and we feel we've got a good environment for the players. We've got a good management at the top end who are going to blood those youngsters as we've seen with Tom Pearce, Paudie O'Connor and Bailey Peacock-Farrell along with [Ronaldo] Vieira and [Kalvin] Phillips, we can talk about loads.

"We want these players to develop so they can have, not just one or two appearances, but actually sustain it. That's why it's so good that the lads have won something because, in my opinion, these lads need to feel what it is like to win something for Leeds United.

"Then they can take that up into the next step to the under-23s and also the first-team."

Jackson also revealed that having a coach like Paul Heckingbottom at the helm can only be a good thing for his players believing that an avenue is being creating for them to succeed at senior level by the former Barnsley man.

"I spoke to the gaffer as soon as he came in the building," he revealed.

"He's speaking, asking about the academy and that's fantastic to hear. Players regularly transition up and train with the first-team and have experiences and that's really valuable.

"I think that's key for myself and the 18s staff that players step up there and they're exposed to that environment. It's tackled like the under-15s and 16s that come with us, they're exposed and it's a big difference.

"Going from professional development football to the first-team is a big step, so how we work to minimise that gap at this football club is very calculated. To have the buy-in from the manager is fantastic."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #545 på: April 30, 2018, 23:32:57 »
Målestokken!!!

Chelsea Youth

Full Time: Arsenal 0-4 Chelsea (1-7 agg). Chelsea are the FA Youth Cup winners for the fifth time in a row, equalling the record set by Manchester United in the 1950s, and they've done it in style. Again. Absolutely remarkable.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #546 på: Mai 09, 2018, 19:14:16 »
Robbie Gotts

Grateful to have won this! Been a season I’ll never forget @LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #547 på: Mai 11, 2018, 20:00:07 »
dean

@gerrymcdermotya know much about the new u16 keeper signing Sam Barrett?

Q: Irish?

Not sure, looks like he used to play for Middlesbrough and then Newcastle before coming to us

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #548 på: Mai 20, 2018, 16:29:22 »
Matthew Turner

Great day at the Welsh camp at a Dragons Park followed by a great evening at the Celtic Manor Resort, proud day to receive my first welsh cap presented by @Ian_Rush9 @LUFC @TopCatchGK @pontyacademyfc @Ponty16Acad

Ny U16 spiller i akademiet! Trent av Glen Letheran, ex Leeds-keeper.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #549 på: Mai 22, 2018, 21:17:21 »
Youthawk

Leeds United

U18 PDL2 - Playoff Semi Finals
U18 PDL2 North - 1st
FA Youth Cup - Third Round

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #550 på: Mai 30, 2018, 21:19:32 »
dean
Looks like Charlie Cresswell’s brother (Alfie) has signed for Leeds academy today  #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #551 på: Mai 30, 2018, 21:20:54 »
Re. Charlie Cresswell

Benny Tayls
Hope he’s as good as his older Brother ... Charlie’s a terrific CB

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #552 på: Mai 30, 2018, 22:56:17 »

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #553 på: Mai 31, 2018, 13:38:47 »
dean
Looks like Charlie Cresswell’s brother (Alfie) has signed for Leeds academy today  #lufc

https://mobile.twitter.com/i2ifootballacad/status/1002105670764847105

:D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #554 på: Juni 16, 2018, 16:46:02 »
Lufcyouth

Welcome to left back Joshveer Shergill who joins #lufc u18s on a two year scholarship after signing from Walsall

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #555 på: Juni 16, 2018, 19:22:55 »
Lufcyouth

Welcome to left back Joshveer Shergill who joins #lufc u18s on a two year scholarship after signing from Walsall

Report: Leeds agree to sign 16-year-old Joshveer Shergill

Jordan Harris5 hours ago
Leeds United are reportedly closing in on their first signing following Marcelo Bielsa's appointment.

According to a report from the Daily Mail's live transfer blog (16/06; 13:09), Leeds are closing in on a deal to sign Joshveer Shergill from Walsall in what would be the first signing the club has made since Marcelo Bielsa was appointed at Elland Road.

It is an exciting time for the Whites with the revered Argentinian agreeing to take over from Paul Heckingbottom on a two-year deal that has the option for a further year. Given Bielsa's stature, you would imagine that Leeds would be in an incredible position if they end up deciding to take up that option.

It is also because of Bielsa's stature that the fans will perhaps be expecting some very exciting summer signings during this window. And while it appears that the first of the Bielsa-era is imminent, it looks set to be a much more low-key addition to the club's ranks.

According to the Daily Mail (16/06; 13:09), Leeds are set to sign Shergill from Walsall. The 16-year-old is a left-back who only joined the Saddlers earlier this year, but is set to leave before his scholarship terms begin with Leeds snapping him up.

The Mail adds that the Whites will pay £25,000 and include a sell-on clause in the deal for the teenager who only left West Brom earlier this year.

While Victor Orta's transfer policy has come under fire over the last 12 months, there is little doubt that the work that has been done on the academy ranks has been a major plus, with several talented prospects brought in from elsewhere, so perhaps there is reason to keep an eye on Shergill in the coming years.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #556 på: Juni 23, 2018, 17:08:14 »
Benny Tayls

Last years 16s are terrific group 9 got 1st year scholarships some real talents Cresswell Jenkins Leak-Blunt & Gibbon are my pick ... think Jenkins & Cresswell are real top talent #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #557 på: Juli 15, 2018, 17:01:22 »
Mark Jackson

Journey begins .......Pre season trip to  Sweden with the lufc_academy U18s to compete in the Gothia Cup. Exciting week ahead with the players as we set the… instagram.com/p/BlP8zITAYM8_…

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #558 på: Juli 15, 2018, 23:58:03 »
Mark Jackson

Journey begins .......Pre season trip to  Sweden with the lufc_academy U18s to compete in the Gothia Cup. Exciting week ahead with the players as we set the… instagram.com/p/BlP8zITAYM8_…

Lufcyouth

All games can be watched live through the @Gothia_Cup website

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #559 på: Juli 16, 2018, 10:17:23 »
Troppen, men kanskje noen av de største talentene i klubben:

Kampoppsettet:

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #560 på: Juli 16, 2018, 10:59:42 »
Noen utplukkede fra troppen:

Charlie Cresswell, sønnen til Richard C - den nye Head of Football på akademiet - er en svært lovende stopper! God til å lese spillet.

Theo Hudson - er en rask og lovende midtbanespiller. Pasningssikker.

Nohan Kenneh - er bare 15 år og er en ruvende midtbanespiller som minner om Yaya Toure.

Max McMillan - en rask kantspiller som skårer mange mål.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #561 på: Juli 16, 2018, 15:07:18 »
Lufcyouth

#lufc u18s fell to a 2-1 defeat to IFK Göteborg in the first game with Henri Kumwenda getting the goal

Huff da!!!!  :(
Min første Leeds-kamp:

leedslife

« Svar #562 på: Juli 16, 2018, 18:54:58 »
Lufcyouth

#lufc u18s fell to a 2-1 defeat to IFK Göteborg in the first game with Henri Kumwenda getting the goal

Noah Kenneh må jo ha fått solstikk. Det var ikke mye til forestilling. Stor og sterk, men mangler jo mye på ballbehandling, posisjonering og spilleforståelse. Bare 15 da. De fleste Gøteborg spillerne var vel 18.
Spissen som scoret virket frisk. Også var det noen vanvittig gode ballspillere sentralt og på høyresiden.
Pluss nr 5 eller 6 var også meget lovende.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #563 på: Juli 16, 2018, 20:12:32 »
Lufcyouth

Noah Kenneh må jo ha fått solstikk. Det var ikke mye til forestilling. Stor og sterk, men mangler jo mye på ballbehandling, posisjonering og spilleforståelse. Bare 15 da. De fleste Gøteborg spillerne var vel 18.
Spissen som scoret virket frisk. Også var det noen vanvittig gode ballspillere sentralt og på høyresiden.
Pluss nr 5 eller 6 var også meget lovende.

Gøy du fikk sett den da!

Nr 5 Cresswell har fått mye skryt før!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #564 på: Juli 16, 2018, 20:20:44 »
Marco Bielsas Fan Account

#LUFC u18s lost their opening #GothiaCup game against IFK Goteborg 2-1.

Leeds went down to 10 men at 35' and conceded at 39' before Henri Kumenda equalised instantly to level the scoring. Unfortunately, we slipped to a loss at 53'.

En utvist?
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #565 på: Juli 16, 2018, 20:59:19 »
Cool penalty taker decided hot Gothia Trophy encounter

July 16, 2018
It was boiling hot at SKF Arena on Heden, as B17 teams Leeds United and IFK Göteborg matched up against each other in their first match.

Both teams were vying for a win which would carry them closer to taking home the Gothia Trophy, a category only invited teams get to participate in.

Even though the first half didn’t offer any goals, it was a thrilling and close match, with chances on either side of the pitch.

And since the matches on the SKF Arena was a bit delayed due to different circumstances, it was only a short rest for the players at half time before it was time to start playing in the heat again.

Quick reply

After a few tries from the arena’s host to get some support for the home team, second half kicked off, with the temperature peaking at 27 degrees celsius.

Early in the second half, Leeds United got a good chance to score from a free kick, but came up empty. Instead, it was IFK Göteborg who managed to score on a free kick a few minutes later, as captain Rasmus Wikström curled in a free kick.

Leeds United answered immediately with an equaliser, when Henri Kumwenda pulled away from his defender and put away 1-1 over the keeper’s hands.

The English team then controlled the game for a period, but Göteborg soon managed pulled themselves back into the game. With ten minutes to go on the match clock, the Swedish team almost took the lead via a header on a lofted free kick.

Cool penalty taker

A few minutes later, they were awarded a penalty after a tackle in the box, and while Emil Holm prepared to take the shot, the players took the chance to drink some water in the tropical heat.

The penalty taker didn’t let the temperature affect him, and cooly slotted home what would be the final result, 2-1 to IFK Göteborg.

How did you feel when walking up to the penalty spot?

“It’s just fun, I’m comfortable in those types of situations,” said match winner Emil Holm after the game.

“Right now it feels wonderful, with the win and everything.”

How did the heat affect you today?

“You just have to keep running. It’s Gothia Cup, and we are going to win this,” said Emil Holm.

IFK Göteborg’s Emil Holm proved to be the match winner.
In the B17 class of the Gothia Trophy, a total of 12 teams from Sweden compete alongside 12 international teams. This year, FC Cavalier will participate as the first team from Jamaica in the tournament.

Last year, Right to Dream from Ghana won the final against Nigerian TikiTaka Academy, and both teams are back this year to compete for the title.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #566 på: Juli 17, 2018, 17:45:34 »
Right to Dream, som vant Gotia Cup i fjor, ledet 1-0.

Men så handset de på streken og fikk en mann utvist.

Nohan Kenneh skåret sikkert forbi keeper på straffen. 1-1 nå.

Leeds må vinne får å gå videre!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #567 på: Juli 17, 2018, 17:47:37 »

Her går det fort!

2-1 til Leeds nå!

Like etter ble Theo Hudson felt, men ingen straffe.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #568 på: Juli 17, 2018, 17:55:53 »

Her går det fort!

2-1 til Leeds nå!

McMillian med 2-1 målet! Store sjanser etter det til Leeds!

Laget er omtrent sånn:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

leedslife

« Svar #569 på: Juli 17, 2018, 18:28:43 »

Her går det fort!

2-1 til Leeds nå!

McMillian med 2-1 målet! Store sjanser etter det til Leeds!

Laget er omtrent sånn:

Tap 4-3.
Vanvittig gode right to play