Skrevet av Emne: Newsletter Hartlepool. Fra Lusc  (Lest 1368 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Torgeir

Newsletter Hartlepool. Fra Lusc
« på: November 22, 2008, 16:41:00 »
 Always Leeds                                                                 Always Loyal!
Issue No.   7. vs. Hartlepool United 22/11/08

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped.                                                                       Groucho Marx
__________________________________________________________________________________

Cupdate
The first team did us proud at Northampton on Monday, turning in a superb performance after a punishing game a little over 2 days previously. The Northampton fans sportingly applauded Beckford off the field when he was substituted after scoring a hat trick that must have hurt them!

The Youths followed that up on Wednesday by a good win (3-0) at Oadby T. of the Midland League. The pitch was poor, and with the home team working hard it took until the 54th min. for a breakthrough with a goal from Tom Elliott. It was not until the 72nd minute of the game, however, that we looked secure when Sam Jones put us 2-0 up with a fizzer! The other scorer was Aiden White in the 80th. A good attendance from Leeds fans was observed in the crowd of 541. We now play Liverpool at home in the 3rd round on a date to be confirmed

Awaydaze

Cambridgeshire police have sent travel instructions for the
F.A. Cup tie next weekend.
Car From the North West (Huntingdon) take the A14 and leave at Junction 32 turning left on to the B1049. There is a warning! DO NOT STOP OUTSIDE THE GROUND, IT IS A 60 mph ROAD! We are advised that cars parking illegally will be ticketed!
Parking at the ground is for permit holders only. Street parking is possible in the area and some local car parks charge £1,  some traffic restrictions apply close to the ground.

Train Cambridge railway station is the nearest, with the ‘Citi 7’ bus connecting the station with Histon/Impington, alight at either BUPA Cambridge Lea Hospital (on New Road) or the Railway Vue Pub. The pub may be open from 11 a.m. as they have applied for an extension, but it may not be granted. All fans are welcome there, but the Landlord is a Stoke fan.
I am informed that there are no currently planned engineering works travelling Leeds, Doncaster, Peterborough, Cambridge, however if you are travelling via Liverpool St. engineering works will involve a bus shuttle at some time, so check before you set off and allow plenty of time

Police advice is to get to the ground early,
1. as there is only one main entrance, so it will be busy,
2. for car parking!
Today’s Opponents
Hartlepool Utd.

‘Pool are currently 16th in the table with 23 points as opposed to our 6th place with 29, so there is a big incentive for them. Their last six results are WWLDLW.
One link between the two clubs is Brian Clough, the short term Leeds Manager cut his managerial teeth at Hartlepool, (also driving the team bus and laundering the kit!)
‘Pools danger man is James Brown with 6 so far. Lets hope he is not saying “I Feel Good” after the game!     
AROUNDANDABOUT

Millwall have announced a loss of £6.1m for the 13 months ended 30/6/08 this is against a loss the previous year of £5.1m £500,000 of the difference is attributed to the additional month (June)

Huddersfield Town Supporters Association, are complaining about policing on their recent visit to Elland Road, met at the railway station by a ‘plethora’ of police, herded on to buses and kept there for an hour before being taken to the ground. Inside the ground they reported ‘over zealous stewarding & policing’. Whilst we sympathise as fellow supporters, welcome to our world!

Despite winning their game 3-0 Jamaica are out of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The ‘Concacaf’ qualifiers will be from Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago & USA. The top three will go through to the finals, with the 4th placed team playing off with the 5th placed South American team.
The Iraqi Football Federation are appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have the Qatar result scratched (0-1 to Qatar). The Qataris fielded an ineligible player (a Brazilian called Emerson). However, FIFA refused to award a 3-0 win to Iraq (which is the punishment under FIFA rules) on the grounds that the Qatari Federation had no knowledge of the player’s ineligibility. If in doubt, deny, it seems to work!
Greatest single score seems to be USA’s 8-0 win over Barbados, with Jamaica having the greatest aggregate in a two legged match 13-0 (6-0 & 7-0) against the Bahamas
__________________________________________________________________________________

250 DRAW
__ Due to the FA Youth Cup & England International, the meeting scheduled for 19/11/08 was postponed, full details of the draw will be published in the next newsletter __________________________________________________________________________________________
Middlesbrough are the latest club to report an interest in Fabian Delph, along with reports that Arsenal, Tottenham, Man U & Chelsea are interested. Ken has however recently dismissed the interest. He said: “I’m sick of reading about it, It’s usually written by people who are flying kites,
“This is the last time I’m saying it. Fabian has just signed a four year contract and is with us until 2012”
So there! You have it!
On the subject of our young hero, congratulations on playing for the U-21’s albeit for only 4 minutes, and a very Happy 19th Birthday for yesterday!

Neil Kilkenny has had a blast at Socceroos boss Graham Arnold, over his Olympic trip. “Pre-season is important and the Australian manager told me we were going to have a really strong, hard pre-season but the hardest I worked was when I came back to Leeds for a week. I worked harder in that week than I did for six to eight weeks with Graham Arnold, which is another thing that really annoyed me about him.” The Enfield born Aussie claimed

Northampton plod were expecting close to capacity crowds for the two games down there, phase 1 The FA Cup replay, capacity 7,300 att. 3,960. Only one thing to say! Cobblers! This was the second lowest crowd we have played in front of this season. Only beaten by the 3,644 at Chester

Former United favourite Ian Harte has been offered a two month contract by Charlton (Athletic, not Jack!)

Another former Leeds man, Tore Andre Flo has signed for MK Dons and could bee lining up against us on the 20th December! He joins up with his old team mate Roberto Di Matteo. 

Boss Gary Mac  is reporting a clean bill of health with all his squad now in training

Only Robert Snodgrass made the Coca Cola League 1 team of the week last week. Other clubs represented were Walsall, Oldham (3) Leyton Orient, MK Dons (2) Carlisle, Hereford & Peterborough

Millwall are not pursuing their interest in former Leeds wide man Seb Carole. According to Lions manager Kenny Jackett they have enough options in that area 

United have had clearance to play Malcolm Christie in the Football League the former Derby & Middlesbrough striker Malcolm Christie, the former U21 international made his debut in the FA Cup tie at Northampton.

Paul Huntington has admitted the charge of improper conduct and asked for a personal hearing. The charge relates to an incident in the home game against Carlisle on 12th April!

AROUND THE BRANCHES
Harrogate branch would like to thank Fullerton Park & Bradford, for sharing their coach to Southend, and contributing to an enjoyable day out, apart from the result!

Griffin Birthday greetings to Branch travel organiser and LUSC Treasurer Phil Beeton for Monday, 24th. Also celebrating soon are members Gary Newbould (28th) and Aaron Bell (29th).
Welcome again for the umpteenth time to Branch member Terje Hansen from Sandnes in Norway. Terje will be over for many more home games this season and one wonders if it would have been easier for him to buy a season ticket!!

Cork Special mention to Kieran Collins of Cork Branch who is currently in Leeds and will take in the game against Hartlepool.

On this day
22/11/08
1718 Edward Teach (Pirate “Blackbeard”) dies
1888 Tarzan born, according to Edgar Rice Burroughs
1890 Charles De Gaulle born
1919 United play their first competitive game, a 0-0 vs. Barnsley (reserves) at home in the Midland league
1924 lose 1-0 at Liverpool
1930 lose 3-2 Chelsea (h)
1932 Actor Robert Vaughn born
1940 Terry Gilliam (Monty Python) born
1943 Billie Jean King born
1947 beat Millwall 2-1 at home
1952 drew 2-2 at Everton
1956 Olympic Games open in Melbourne
1958 won 4-2 at Blackburn
1963 John F Kennedy assassinated, Aldous Huxley, & C.S. Lewis also die, bad day!
1967 Boris Becker born, BBC unofficially ban “I am the Walrus”
1969 draw 1-1 at home to Liverpool
1972 lost at home to Liverpool 1-0 in a League Cup replay
1975 beat Birmingham 3-0 at home
1978 beat Chelsea 2-1 at home
1980 lose 2-1 at Southampton, Mae West dies.
1988 drew 0-0 at Birmingham
2000 lose at home to Real Madrid 2-0 in a second round Champions League Game
2001 win 2-1 in Zurich against Grasshoppers, in a UEFA Cup game
2003 lose 2-0 at home to Bolton
2005 beat Burnley 2-0 at home
……...and it Guinea its Portuguese Aggression Day

If you have picked this up and are not a member of LUSC and wish to join, please see any of the LUSC Officials, usually around the pool table or email contact@leedsunitedsupportersclub.co.uk. or write to Chris Hall, 2 Heath Crescent, Leeds LS11 8UN Tel. 07725189056,  email Luscsecretary@aol.com

« Siste redigering: November 22, 2008, 16:42:43 av Torgeir »
"I`m hard but fair-like Leeds United"

"We will be back"

Torgeir

Promotion 2010

Sv: Newsletter Hartlepool. Fra Lusc
« Svar #1 på: November 22, 2008, 18:26:09 »
Ehh. Hvorfor ikke la dette fortsette å ligge i innboksen din. Hvis det på død-og-liv må fortelles til noen; kanskje heller vurdere det til langt OFF-topic?  :o
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Torgeir

Sv: Newsletter Hartlepool. Fra Lusc
« Svar #2 på: November 22, 2008, 18:54:57 »
Ehh. Hvorfor ikke la dette fortsette å ligge i innboksen din. Hvis det på død-og-liv må fortelles til noen; kanskje heller vurdere det til langt OFF-topic?  :o

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
"I`m hard but fair-like Leeds United"

"We will be back"

Torgeir