Skrevet av Emne: PATETISKE EX-EIERE - GFH Capital  (Lest 603794 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 4 gjester leser dette emnet.

ibster

Sv: NYE EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #1410 på: November 13, 2013, 10:09:27 »
Ser positivt ut, om enn noe ullent.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1411 på: November 13, 2013, 12:42:35 »
En ullen eierstruktur er vi jo godt vant med.... ;D ;D

Woody

« Svar #1412 på: November 13, 2013, 14:36:22 »
En ullen eierstruktur er vi jo godt vant med.... ;D ;D

Men det har vel heldigvis ikkje blitt til det verre ;)
LIFE IS LEEDS

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1413 på: November 13, 2013, 18:13:23 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1414 på: November 20, 2013, 17:47:37 »
Se der ja, Lucas vedgår at han/de er i samtaler med Leeds United :)

Radebe confirms Leeds United investment interest
by Phil Hay

Published on the
20  November 2013  16:10

Lucas Radebe has tonight confirmed that he is part of a consortium bidding to buy a shareholding in Leeds United.

The Elland Road legend has responded to claims that he is involved with a group who failed last week with a £7million offer for a controlling interest in the club.

Current Leeds owner GFH Capital rejected the bid out of hand, describing it as “risible”, and played down speculation that former player Radebe was backing the approach.

But in a statement published on his official website, Radebe said: “Following recent speculation, I can confirm that I am part of a consortium which has submitted a preliminary indication of interest regarding the acquisition of a stake in Leeds United Football Club.

“We hope to continue our recent discussions confidentially with the current shareholders and the board. We would like the opportunity to explain both the substance of our proposal and our strategy for working with GFH Capital to continue the re-building process at the club.

“Leeds United has a special place in my heart. Ever since I retired I have been considering ways to get involved at the club – working at board level with an equity interest would be the pinnacle. It is my dream scenario.

“I would not have become involved if I didn’t think our consortium would be able to help give the club a chance to go back up to the Premier League where it belongs, and to keep it there.

“I am hopeful we can find a way forward and make progress.”

United have themselves been in talks with Radebe about an equity deal for some time and he was a guest at Elland Road for their clash with Birmingham City last month.

The 44-year-old is idolised by Leeds’ supporters after a 10-year career at United during which time he made 262 appearances.

His statement significantly raises the prospect of further investment in Leeds, though GFH Capital has received no further offers from the UK-based consortium since their initial bid was turned down on Saturday.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/radebe-confirms-leeds-united-investment-interest-1-6256235
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1415 på: November 21, 2013, 00:02:58 »
Akkurat nå er det nok flere enn meg som lurer på hvor de skal poste 'disse Lucas Radebe-ryktene': I denne tråden som omhandler nåværende eiere, eller i en av 'rykter om nye eiere-trådene'?

JEG velger denne tråden, fordi bl.a. Lucas selv omtaler det som investering i GFHCs eierskap... Dette kan være høflig evt strategisk tale som egner seg på dette tidspunkt, men det kan også være stright talk.

Jeg vet heller ikke om det er ønskelig med et Pearson-ledet konsortium i stedet for nåværende eiere. Pearson har ikke tidligere klart å hoste opp særlig med penger, så at han nå vil gi oss mer å rutte med ved en eventuell overtakelse enn GFHC gir oss, er slett ikke selvsagt. Da er det jo bedre at de join forces...

Her er en blogg som omtaler saken

Radebe’s Confirmed Leeds Utd Bid Shows Immaculate Timing – by Rob Atkinson

Lucas Radebe’s confirmation that he is indeed involved with a consortium looking to buy into Leeds United could hardly have been better timed.  There are frequently distant rumblings around the club to the effect that some or other interested party will be making a move to invest imminently – usually though, such rumours disperse like mist in the morning as soon as any hard details – or wads of cash – are required.

Radebe, though, is a different matter.  A genuine Leeds hero, with undeniable credentials in terms of his affection for the club and also his determination to act in its best interests. Whispers circulating last week which hinted at the Chief’s potential involvement brought an overwhelmingly positive response from the Leeds support.  It was made entirely clear via multiple media portals that Lucas would be welcomed back with open arms.  If Leeds United were a republic, Radebe would be not so much elected as anointed President – he’s that popular.  It’s amazing what a reputation for turning down a move to Man U in favour of staying at Elland Road can do for a Leeds Legend’s credibility.  Poor Alan Smith, a victim of the obverse side of that particular coin, would smile ruefully and agree.

The confirmation via Radebe’s own website that he’s actively interested in getting involved at board level has come at a time when the team are starting to look something like – ideally placed on the shoulders of the play-off pack and with every chance of consolidating that position by the turn of the year.  And then the next transfer window opens.  Leeds fans will be aware that these are traditionally times when Leeds make vague promises which then turn into excuses, all building up to a climax of bleak disappointment on deadline day itself.  But since the name “Radebe” has been whispered abroad, there has been a definite statement from the club; Brian McDermott will have funds in January.  Obviously, that positive position could still dwindle away as per the usual Leeds United policy of soft sawder – and yet with the fans’ hero looming in the background, it’s entirely possible that GFH will feel under pressure to deliver this time around.

The fact is also that they’ve been acknowledging the imminence of some significant investment for a while now.  The possibilities have been vague up to now – mentions of Red Bull and the like.  But the possibility of Radebe coming on board will now be at the top of most Leeds fans’ wish lists, and that’s a factor that GFH will ignore or dismiss at their peril.

Leeds United are doing OK.  But January is the last chance to make a real statement of intent that might affect this current season – and the fans will be looking for as much as possible in the way of positive developments, on or off the field.  Radebe in the boardroom mix and a couple of quality January additions on the park would make for a very Happy New Year for the demanding supporters at Elland Road.

http://robertatkinson61.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/radebes-confirmed-leeds-utd-bid-shows-immaculate-timing-by-rob-atkinson/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sydhagen

« Svar #1416 på: November 26, 2013, 17:26:29 »
@PhilHayYEP: News is out and about - David Haigh has made a second personal investment in #lufc this week. This one is in excess of £1m.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Sydhagen

« Svar #1417 på: November 26, 2013, 17:32:29 »
@PhilHayYEP: News is out and about - David Haigh has made a second personal investment in #lufc this week. This one is in excess of £1m.

@APOPEY: #lufc The £1m plus investment is with a view to the January transfer window. Sport Capital will also sponsor Leeds Utd Ladies for 2 yrs.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Blank_File

« Svar #1418 på: November 26, 2013, 19:40:31 »

Leedsulf

« Svar #1419 på: November 30, 2013, 11:28:57 »
Spennende!

GFH CAPITAL NEARS DEAL WITH ENGLISH CONSORTIUM FOR SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENT IN CLUB

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/dsccpz76c2321w9pzrc8m0ad8/title/investors-granted-exclusive-period

Leedsfan

« Svar #1420 på: November 30, 2013, 11:37:01 »
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Johrnino

« Svar #1421 på: November 30, 2013, 12:18:58 »
Er ventetiden som en middelhavsfarer over?
Blir vi nye Manchester City, eller bare en litt velstående klubb, med muligheter for premier league om noen år..
David Haigh er i hvertfall optimistisk:

David Haigh ‏@haighdavid 1h
Good morning all. Its going to be a great day. Some great news later

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1422 på: November 30, 2013, 12:28:45 »
Spennende!

GFH CAPITAL NEARS DEAL WITH ENGLISH CONSORTIUM FOR SIGNIFICANT INVESTMENT IN CLUB

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/dsccpz76c2321w9pzrc8m0ad8/title/investors-granted-exclusive-period

Fantastisk..:)

Hehe, artig hvor påpasselig de allerede er med å presisere at Bates ikke har noe med dette å gjøre (slik noen ryktemakere (ikke i Norge) har prøvd å skape frykt om).

Sitat
The consortium includes a number of high profile businessmen, and does not include any previous owners or players of the club.

Igjen fremstår GFHC som 'ansvarlige, langsiktige eiere som fatter mange 'gode' vedtak for klubben vår.
Vi blir neppe 'noe Man C' med det første,men jeg har håp om at dette skal monne i Championship-sammeneng :)

PS! ...derimot er det jo trist at dette ikke inkluderer Lucas :(
(i denne omgang)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

« Svar #1423 på: November 30, 2013, 12:38:46 »
Januar kan bli morsom...kan vi håpe på å fange 2-3 storfisker?
MOT

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #1424 på: November 30, 2013, 13:08:15 »
Det kan være så mange dusin høyt profilerte forretningsmenn med lommene fulle av cash som bare det, men jeg har ingen illusjoner om noe som helst før spillerkjøpene kommer. MOT  PS (Spillerkjøp som åpenbart forsterker spillerstallen)

baste

« Svar #1425 på: November 30, 2013, 13:26:39 »
På mæ virka de nye eierne som seriøse aktører. De har allerede gjort mye bra. og sist kamp så var det over 30 000 tilskuere. Det øker nok lysten til å investere. Leeds e på rett vei. Gleda mæ til Jula e over, januar vindu, here we come

Marching on together

Gufrias

« Svar #1426 på: November 30, 2013, 13:38:57 »
Jeg kjenner at jeg ikke tør å juble ennå. Det er offisielt nære på, men ikke offisielt fullført. Og jeg våger i alle fall ikke å spekulere i hva dette betyr for transfervinduet.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Blank_File

« Svar #1427 på: November 30, 2013, 14:24:12 »
Jeg kjenner at jeg ikke tør å juble ennå. Det er offisielt nære på, men ikke offisielt fullført. Og jeg våger i alle fall ikke å spekulere i hva dette betyr for transfervinduet.

Jeg er også bare meget forsiktig optimist. Tenker med meg selv at dette er bra, men vi må jo nesten hvilke følger det får for oss. Vil ikke en gang tenke på storfisker enda.

Andersen

« Svar #1428 på: November 30, 2013, 14:35:20 »
Håper endelig at noen med penger virkelig vil satse på klubben igjen! Noen gode nyheter leser jeg her, men jeg vil ikke juble før de er i boks ! vi er blitt skuffa så mange ganger tidligere om eventuelle nye kjøpere av klubben !       MOT.

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #1429 på: November 30, 2013, 15:08:58 »
Spennende!

Fantastisk..:)

Hehe, artig hvor påpasselig de allerede er med å presisere at Bates ikke har noe med dette å gjøre (slik noen ryktemakere (ikke i Norge) har prøvd å skape frykt om).

Sitat
The consortium includes a number of high profile businessmen, and does not include any previous owners or players of the club.

Igjen fremstår GFHC som 'ansvarlige, langsiktige eiere som fatter mange 'gode' vedtak for klubben vår.
Vi blir neppe 'noe Man C' med det første,men jeg har håp om at dette skal monne i Championship-sammeneng :)

PS! ...derimot er det jo trist at dette ikke inkluderer Lucas :(
(i denne omgang)

Det er da noe  :)

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP  48s 
Bit more on the Haigh-led consortium bidding to buy Leeds - they're aiming to appoint @LucasRadebe as an international ambassador of #lufc

Sydhagen

NYE EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #1430 på: November 30, 2013, 15:24:04 »
Den nye gruppen er ledet av Haigh?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1431 på: November 30, 2013, 15:31:32 »
Investement, sir, ikke overtakelse. Kjøper seg inn i eierskapet som ledes av Haigh...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1432 på: November 30, 2013, 15:49:40 »
Investment alarm!

Salem Patel twitret en smiley igjen, for 4 timer siden ;)

Salem Patel ‏@SalemPatel  4h 
:-)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1433 på: November 30, 2013, 20:01:23 »

Ehh, endrer mitt forrige svar til: Seems so   ::)

Anerkjente (my view) Moscowhite tolker dagens signaler:

Leeds United Owners Announce Major Investment in the Works

Leeds United’s owners have announced a “period of exclusivity,” during which an English consortium will work to agree what seems to amount to a fresh takeover at the club.

In a detailed statement on Twitter, board member Salem Patel said:

Sitat
Salem Patel ‏@SalemPatel  8h  
:-)

A statement on the official website gives a bit more information. The two parties - the club and an unnamed UK consortium, made up of “a number of high profile businessmen” - have signed a share acquisition agreement which would see the new investors purchase shares while current owners GFH retain a “significant stake.”

That’s open to interpretation, but implies that while a significant stake would remain with GFH, majority ownership would move elsewhere.

The period of exclusivity is said by the club to be “in readiness for the January transfer window,” while the words “GFH Capital nears deal” in the sub-headline suggest they don’t intend this process to drag on for long. Well, longer than a month.

The identity of the people involved in the “English consortium” isn’t known, but the statement does say the group “does not include any previous owners or players of the club” - enough information for Leeds fans to commence a mass game of Guess Who?

“Is he South African?” No. Click click. “Did he used to play for Leeds?” No. Click click click. “Does he have a white beard?” Definitely not. Click.

The statement ends by saying, “The announcement is the culmination of many months of negotiations by a team led by David Haigh,” although I imagine they mean the yet-to-be-finalised investment deal will be the true culmination, not just the announcement about it. It also says that the deal will keep managing director Haigh and chairman Salah Nooruddin at the club "for the long term", although it doesn't confirm in what capacity.

UPDATE: The YEP's Phil Hay has tweeted more details of his understanding of the consortium behind the major investment:
Sitat
Phil Hay   @PhilHayYEP  

The way I understand it, #lufc MD David Haigh is leading this consortium who will take control of Leeds. They're buying a majority stake

Sitat
Phil Hay   @PhilHayYEP  

It appears that Haigh has put this group together and is about to take more major control at ER. #lufc

This would fit with the increased levels of investment from David Haigh in recent months, who has been named in connection with various companies - Berrydale, Brendale, and Sport Capital - that have all made loans or investments in United. Like Victor Kiam and Remington, it seems like David Haigh likes Leeds so much, he's buying the company.

SECOND UPDATE: The announcement seemed to come as a surprise to to Mike Farnan, the former Sunderland marketing director of Sunderland, who along with Gary Verity of Welcome to Yorkshire was believed to be involved in a consortium with Lucas Radebe bidding to take over themselves at United.

Sitat
Mike Farnan   @FarnanM  

Lucas and team totally surprised by this mornings announcement? Have written seeking clarification.

Farnan's tweet was followed by further confusion about the role of Radebe, who despite being named in Farnan's "team" seems to have been offered a role as 'international ambassador' by David Haigh's consortium - although he won't know about it until he checks his emails:

Sitat
Phil Hay   @PhilHayYEP  

Bit more on the Haigh-led consortium bidding to buy Leeds - they're aiming to appoint @LucasRadebe as an international ambassador of #lufc

Sitat
Lucas Radebe   @LucasRadebe  

News to me @PhilHayYEP

Sitat
Phil Hay   @PhilHayYEP  

RE: Radebe. An offer to become international ambassador of #lufc was made to him and his agent via email this morning. Had that confirmed.

It’s been a busy week in the boardroom at Leeds, where legal eagles have been working on cases to do with the dismissals of Ken Bates and Gwyn Williams; Gwyn is contesting his sacking over a ‘lewd’ email he sent to Dennis Wise, while Phil Hay reported in the YEP this morning that Bates is alleged by the club to have told staff to fetch him cash from club shop tills as part of his expense account.

http://thecitytalking.com/sport/2013/11/30/leeds-united-owners-announce-major-investment-in-the-works
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

John I

« Svar #1434 på: November 30, 2013, 20:41:13 »
Spennende tider for hardt prøvde Leeds fans.  Dette er nok et  positivt tiltak fra klubben;
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/4ahlgmbc393w16o5988xj99db/title/from-us-to-you
Burde bidra til mye folk og god stemning på kampen mot Wigan på  onsdag.  Viktig å slå tilbake men en seier hjemme etter en litt skuffende kamp i dag.
Marching on together

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1435 på: November 30, 2013, 20:54:42 »
YEP følger opp:
Leeds United: Haigh leading buy-out of the club

by Phil Hay

Published 30/11/2013 10:44

Leeds United managing director David Haigh is leading a buy-out of the club which should see the Whites in the hands of new owners before the January transfer window.

The YEP understands that Haigh - a director at Elland Road since November of last year - has put together a consortium of businessmen who will purchase a majority stake in the next month.

United announced this morning that they have reached agreement for a UK-based group to acquire shares in the club, with current owner GFH Capital retaining a “significant stake” and both Haigh and chairman Salah Nooruddin remaining at the club.

Nooruddin is one of three shareholders in Leeds, alongside GFH Capital and Bahrain’s International Investment Bank (IIB).

Haigh is presently an employee of both United and GFH Capital and holds no equity in the Championship side but the impending deal will see him secure greater control.

It is also expected to lead to improved funding for first team manager Brian McDermott in the January transfer window.

Haigh has already made significant financial contributions to United this season, loaning the club a six-figure fee through a Dubai-based firm in October and a further sum in excess of £1million earlier this week.

GFH Capital has been in charge of United since last December when the club bought a 100 per cent shareholding from former owner and chairman Ken Bates.

In a statement released this morning, Leeds said: “GFH Capital, majority owners of Leeds United, have granted a period of exclusivity to the investors in readiness for the January transfer window.

“The two parties have signed a share acquisition agreement for the purchase of shares in the club with GFH retaining a significant stake.

“The consortium includes a number of high profile businessmen and does not include any previous owners or players of the club.

“It is anticipated that the investment will be in place for the January transfer window and will see existing chairman Salah Nooruddin and managing director David Haigh remain at the club for the long term.

“Since formally completing its purchase of Leeds United in December 2012, GFH Capital has always stated it was its plan to ensure the long-term and sustainable regeneration of the club through partnering with strategic and like-minded investors who share its vision.

“The announcement is the culmination of many months of negotiations by a team led by David Haigh.”

United were the subject of a £7million bid from a group involving Welcome to Yorkshire chief executive Gary Verity and former Manchester United employee Mike Farnan and claiming to be backed by Leeds legend Lucas Radebe.

That consortium is not involved in the latest offer for shares.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-haigh-leading-buy-out-of-the-club-1-6287258
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1436 på: Desember 01, 2013, 09:43:26 »
Er vel best å vurdere hva dette har for innvirkning, når januarvinduet er over..... ;)
Jeg gidder ihvertfall ikke å gire meg opp foreløpig.....

Kato

« Svar #1437 på: Desember 01, 2013, 11:09:16 »
Alt som normalt. Vi girer oss opp med forventninger mot et januarvindu, resultatet blir sikkert fiasko.

Fra forrige gang husker vi den sagnomsuste swapdealen Becchio - Morison. Norwich-kilder sier Becchio aldri var interessant for Hughton (noe vi også har sett i etterkant). Dealen kom visstnok i stand kun for å bli kvitt Morison.

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1438 på: Desember 01, 2013, 12:22:11 »
Skjønner ikke hva Becchio og Morrison har med dette å gjøre, men det jeg skjønner veldig godt er at en ikke bør gire seg opp før vi ser konkret hva dette betyr. Nemlig hva som kjer i januarvinduet. Blir det mer enn at vi står og kikker på alle andre som klatrer gjennom vinduene og inn til andre klubber denne gang, eller får vi også noen gode kjøp?? Blir sånn sett spennende å se, men kjenner at jeg er veldig avslappet i forhold til dette.
Ellers er det bare å si MOT!!!

Alt som normalt. Vi girer oss opp med forventninger mot et januarvindu, resultatet blir sikkert fiasko.

Fra forrige gang husker vi den sagnomsuste swapdealen Becchio - Morison. Norwich-kilder sier Becchio aldri var interessant for Hughton (noe vi også har sett i etterkant). Dealen kom visstnok i stand kun for å bli kvitt Morison.

Er vel best å vurdere hva dette har for innvirkning, når januarvinduet er over..... ;)
Jeg gidder ihvertfall ikke å gire meg opp foreløpig.....
Yeboahs vitne

sportcarl1

« Svar #1439 på: Desember 01, 2013, 15:21:36 »
låter bra detta, men vill se först att vi får verkliga förstärkningar innan jag tror på detta, känns som vi har  ungefär lika bra trupp som förra säsongen, murphy har vi fått in men för mig känns det som det mest finanserades genom morison, de som tror att truppen kommer bli förstärkta med 3-5 milj pund tror jag kommer bli grymt besvikna, kan vi lägga upp en miljon pund i januari så är i alla fall jag mer än  nöjd