Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Bailey Peacock-Farrell  (Lest 70803 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

samadhi

Sv: Spiller: Bailey Peacock-Farrell
« Svar #120 på: Juli 17, 2018, 18:22:43 »
BPF burde lånes ut til en L1 eller L2 klubb i år, og heller få inn en eldre keeper på 1 årskontrakt til å sitte på benken.

Akkurat som at Chelsea låner ut sitt talent til lavere divisjoner for å få erfaring burde vi gjort det samme. 40 kamper for BPF i år hadde gitt en god indikasjon på hvor god han er. Forsetter han å bare sitte på benken som vårt andre alternativ vil vi aldri tørre å satse på han som førstekeeper uansett.
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Leedsfan

« Svar #121 på: Juli 18, 2018, 11:02:50 »
BPF burde lånes ut til en L1 eller L2 klubb i år, og heller få inn en eldre keeper på 1 årskontrakt til å sitte på benken.

Akkurat som at Chelsea låner ut sitt talent til lavere divisjoner for å få erfaring burde vi gjort det samme. 40 kamper for BPF i år hadde gitt en god indikasjon på hvor god han er. Forsetter han å bare sitte på benken som vårt andre alternativ vil vi aldri tørre å satse på han som førstekeeper uansett.

Nå betalte vi den den gamle keeperen for å dra så det skjer ikke.

Blackman og BPF får pushe hverandre denne sesongen!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #122 på: Juli 18, 2018, 14:50:21 »

Nå betalte vi den den gamle keeperen for å dra så det skjer ikke.

Blackman og BPF får pushe hverandre denne sesongen!

Blackman kommer til å stå, så utleie av BPF hadde vært gull for utviklingen. Green inn som cover?

Eriksen55

« Svar #123 på: Juli 18, 2018, 15:04:17 »
Den beste keeperen kommer til å stå i mål. Veldig sunt med knallhard fight om keeperplassen.

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #124 på: Juli 18, 2018, 15:39:25 »
Den beste keeperen kommer til å stå i mål. Veldig sunt med knallhard fight om keeperplassen.

50-lapp på Blackman

Eriksen55

« Svar #125 på: Juli 18, 2018, 21:21:31 »

50-lapp på Blackman

Fra start så tror jeg det. Håper uansett den som starter storspiller hele sesongen. Men håper BPF har vokst såpass at Blackman får kamp, isåfall bør han ta sånne som han slapp inn i går. Tror ikke han skal ha mange slike i pre season..

Promotion 2010

« Svar #126 på: August 10, 2018, 21:27:56 »
How watching tapes of Europe's elite has helped Leeds United goalkeeper Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Joe Urquhart
Published: 19:43 Thursday 09 August 2018
Nine months ago Bailey Peacock-Farrell probably couldn't have envisaged sitting down with world-renowned coach Marcelo Bielsa to analyse how the likes of Manchester City, Barcelona and Bayern Munich ply their trade.

Last October, after all, the 21-year-old was returning to Thorp Arch following a difficult spell on loan at National League North side York City in which he had conceded nine goals in just four games.

Bailey Peacock-Farrell.
Bailey Peacock-Farrell.
This spell had been preceded by a rejection from Oldham Athletic in July 2017 for his services on a season-long loan after a month trial and was followed by something similar with Swedish side Landskrona in January of this year.

Fast forward to May and Peacock-Farrell was lifting Leeds United's Young Player of the Year award - some might say it was quite a turn of events.

Following a run of 11 games at the end of the 2017/18 season, in which he played a starring role, the young stopper had become the answer to United's goalkeeping woes after a year of uncertainty between the sticks.

Yet a question mark still remained over Peacock-Farrell's future as number one at Elland Road and the arrival of Chelsea loanee Jamal Blackman only added to those doubts during pre-season under famed head coach Bielsa.

Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

"The aim was to build on the back of last season and try to progress myself," revealed Peacock-Farrell.

"I wanted to make myself known as a Championship goalkeeper and obviously I was expecting a new signing. I had to just come in, put my head down and work really hard and show what I can do in pre-season and try and create a decision for the manager."

The 21-year-old has certainly done that.

So much so that his name is now printed above a number he holds close to his heart: "I know some people aren't fussed with numbers. Some people prefer different numbers but I quite like the traditional number one."

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa declares himself happy with transfer business

Peacock-Farrell begins the season as United's last line of defence and once again showed his ability during the 3-1 victory over Stoke City on Sunday.

The young stopper though has had to adapt his game this summer with the goalkeeping position a key one in Bielsa's style of play.

"We're almost like a holding midfielder at some points with the way the manager wants us to be with the high line," continued Peacock-Farrell.

"The way we see it is that the goalkeeper is that extra man. There should always be a way out if we create the right movements.

"We've watched videos on Man City, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Just the way they move, their one-twos and third man runs. We've watched a lot of that and we do set drills during the week just on those specific movements and crosses.

"It is very specific in terms of how he wants it to be done and where he wants it done on the pitch. Through the videos we can see that, visualise that and the best thing about it is watching these teams do it and then doing the same."

The videos that the Argentine has been forcing upon his players appear to be working.

United's opening goal against Gary Rowett's men was played out from front to back in no time at all and Peacock-Farrell believes he will have an important role in a lot of Leeds' attacking play this season should he pin down the number one jersey for good.

"If you watch teams like Man City and the way Ederson starts attacks and builds them it creates a lot of opportunities," he said.

"When we do play out we have the ball and we're in control of the game. It's when you start kicking it long you start creating doubts and fifty-fifties and that's where you lose the momentum of the game.

"If you've got the ball you can control the rhythm and the pace and ultimately create more attacks."

If the victory over the Potters is anything to go by it will be fast and furious football for the Whites under Bielsa this season and whoever holds the goalkeeper shirt will certainly hold the key to success.

Why Leeds United can still sign players after the transfer window has closed

As it stands Peacock-Farrell is the man with the target on his back and is under no illusions over how hard he must work to keep hold of his starting spot.

"I've only played the first game, lots can change throughout the season," he added. "I was hoping to be number one here or elsewhere if it was the case of having to go out on loan.

"I've got to keep my performance levels as high as possible. I need to do that during the week and maintain those levels and not give the manager reasons to think of changing.

"I think that's the same across the board. Whoever gets a start is there to prove a point that day but also to make that point last for the entire season."

Peacock-Farrell welcomed competition in the form of Jamal Blackman earlier this summer but Bielsa has taken no time at all to give him his backing. The man from Darlington though says there are no issues between the pair revealing that whoever is chosen will have the backing of the other.

"He's a really good guy and we get on well," Peacock-Farrell claimed.

"I can't speak for every team but with the goalkeepers union we all get on really well. We're in each others pockets and we have to support each other whoever plays.

"You're there to support him but also the team as well. It's only positive vibes."

Those positive vibes are what Leeds are hoping can propel the Whites into a promotion bid this season.

For Peacock-Farrell he will be wishing that he can be the man to lead the Bielsa revolution out from the back for good. He has, after all, found a rightful home following a sticky period in his burgeoning career.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Josch

« Svar #127 på: August 31, 2018, 23:20:04 »
Ny god kamp (mot  Boro) . Veldig betryggende med en god keeper. Fine redninger, plukker i feltet , rolig type og fin igangsetting av spillet. Gjør nå sjelden feil. Imponerer rett og slett.

leedslife

« Svar #128 på: August 31, 2018, 23:21:49 »
Ny god kamp (mot  Boro) . Veldig betryggende med en god keeper. Fine redninger, plukker i feltet , rolig type og fin igangsetting av spillet. Gjør nå sjelden feil. Imponerer rett og slett.

Blir bare bedre og bedre. Spiller nok ikke i CC fotball om 2 sesonger.

RoarG

« Svar #129 på: August 31, 2018, 23:22:57 »

Du insinuerer at Leeds rykker opp innen 2 år ;)?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

leedslife

« Svar #130 på: September 01, 2018, 00:32:21 »

Du insinuerer at Leeds rykker opp innen 2 år ;)?

Oh yes 8)

leedslife

« Svar #131 på: September 01, 2018, 12:20:26 »
Kommer ikke over at dette er samme personen som var på utlån for York og ble sendt hjem fra Sverige.
Kommer til å bli en topptopp keeper på høyeste nivå.
Beste som kom ut av en skuffende fjorårssesong.
« Siste redigering: September 01, 2018, 12:22:49 av leedslife »

RoarG

« Svar #132 på: September 01, 2018, 12:22:40 »
Kommer ikke over at dette er samme personen som var på prøvespill for York og ble sendt hjem fra Sverige.
Kommer til å bli en topptopp keeper på høyeste nivå.
Beste som kom ut av en skuffende fjorårssesong.
Viktig ikke å dømme unge spillere for tidlig. Folk kan modnes raskt i unge år.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

flynn

« Svar #133 på: September 01, 2018, 13:02:29 »
Gårsdagens kamp er den klart mest imponerende Bailey har gjennomført i mine øyne. En ting er å gjøre noen gode redninger en mot en eller på skudd. Noe helt annet er å ta kontroll på luftrommet i boks, omgitt av noen av de største og tøffeste gutta i bransjen. I det lange løp er det slike ferdigheter som gjør en forskjell. Kontrasten til Wiedwald og Silvestri er slående, i BFPs favør. Måtte det bare vare!

flynn

Hallgeir *

« Svar #134 på: September 01, 2018, 13:47:51 »
Frykten hos enkelte over at han ikke holdt mål, ser kanskje ut til å være noe "overdrevet" - heldigvis for oss.  :)
Super Leeds since 1968

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #135 på: September 01, 2018, 14:02:04 »
Frykten hos enkelte over at han ikke holdt mål, ser kanskje ut til å være noe "overdrevet" - heldigvis for oss.  :)
Enig!
Tror han blir en klassekeeper! Mer og mer sikker og myndig for hver kamp ;)
Selv om utseendet hans ser ut som han er på G16 ;D

RoarG

« Svar #136 på: September 01, 2018, 14:18:19 »
Enig!
Tror han blir en klassekeeper! Mer og mer sikker og myndig for hver kamp ;)
Selv om utseendet hans ser ut som han er på G16 ;D
Skolegutt-utseendet kan bedra (heldigvis). Trodde ikke han skulle bli så god i år. Hadde ventet om 2 år, eller noe slikt.

HåvardK

« Svar #137 på: September 01, 2018, 14:39:02 »
En solskinnshistorie så langt. Så får vi håpe at det varer, og at vi vil huske disse kampene når/hvis ei blemme eller to dukker opp.

Kato

« Svar #138 på: September 01, 2018, 19:43:15 »

Jeg er av de som har vært skeptisk, svært skeptisk til at han skulle være førstekeeper. Nå er det fremdeles early days, men så langt har han vært strålende. Mest imponert over roen med ballen i beina.

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #139 på: September 01, 2018, 20:00:44 »

Jeg er av de som har vært skeptisk, svært skeptisk til at han skulle være førstekeeper. Nå er det fremdeles early days, men så langt har han vært strålende. Mest imponert over roen med ballen i beina.

Samme her. Veldig skeptisk, men har overbevist så langt. May it long continue.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #140 på: September 01, 2018, 20:12:26 »

Det var ikke min mening å peke nese til noen på forumet for eventuelt å ha tatt feil.  Jeg er bare generelt glad for at BPF har stått så overbevisende så langt.

Selvfølgelig vil det komme enkelte blemmer av og til. Alle keepere gjør feil, bare sjekk Liverpools nye tilvekst f.eks.  :)
« Siste redigering: September 01, 2018, 20:15:20 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #141 på: September 05, 2018, 19:22:16 »
Bailey Peacock Farrell: Northern Ireland keeper turns down England chance
36 minutes ago From the sectionNorthern Ireland