Skrevet av Emne: Sesongen i Championship - 2017-18  (Lest 60139 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Xern

Sv: Sesongen i Championship - 2017-18
« Svar #180 på: November 30, 2017, 17:52:29 »
Sier litt om Jansson at han vurderer en Leedstattovering om vi rykker opp. Ikke rart at han har blitt glad i klubben som var med på å gi tilbake spillegleden hans, er glad for å ha en så dedikert spiller på laget
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #181 på: Desember 05, 2017, 10:42:50 »
Jadaa, vi forbedrer oss på dødballer

Leeds United: Devil’s in the detail at United set-plays says captain Liam Cooper

Gianni Vio

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-devil-s-in-the-detail-at-united-set-plays-says-captain-liam-cooper-1-8892691

Liam Cooper Phil Hay Email Published: 06:00 Tuesday 05 December 2017

Captain Liam Cooper believes that had his disallowed goal stood against Aston Villa then Leeds would have been cruising at 2-0, but the draw nevertheless confirmed United’s improvement. Phil Hay reports. Professional Football feeds on fine detail and Leeds United added Gianni Vio to their backroom team with the belief that his set-piece expertise would be worth up to 12 additional points each season.

Leeds, under Thomas Christiansen, rely heavily on goals from open play – 25 of the 30 they have scored in the Championship – but Pontus Jansson’s header against Aston Villa continued a trend which the club’s head coach has seen develop since Vio joined his staff in October. An effort like that was coming, Christiansen said, at the end of Friday’s 1-1 draw. Vio acquired the nickname ‘The Little Wizard’ in Italy on account of a reputation and track record for improving individual clubs’ strike-rates from set-plays. Vio’s attempts to be innovative, and his success in doing so, took him from Catania to Fiorentina and AC Milan before Brentford and their statistically-minded owner, Matthew Benham, asked him to address an attacking shortcoming in 2015.

His routines at Brentford, to the naked eye, could be weird and wonderful; walls in front of walls and players in unconventional positions, all with the aim of unseating the opposition defence. One comparable situation was evident in the second half of Leeds’ defeat to Sheffield United a month ago, a chance wasted when Kalvin Phillips lost his footing and hooked a free-kick into the crowd, but a change in Leeds’ tactics at corners has been more obvious.At Barnsley 10 days ago, Christiansen’s players followed a consistent plan; swarming en masse to the back post before filtering out across the penalty area as every corner arrived.

Leeds took to placing two players over the dead ball, allowing for a last-minute decision on an inswinging or outswinging delivery, and Jansson made their preparation pay on Friday when he fended off Chris Samba and drove home a 20th-minute header at Villa’s near post. Liam Cooper Midway through the second half Christiansen’s other centre-back, Liam Cooper, was adjudged fractionally offside as he ran in ahead of Jansson to convert a Kemar Roofe free-kick. It was a crucial moment, denying Leeds a second goal and helping Villa fight back for a point, but Cooper said: “Gianni has been on to us in training about making those runs.“We can create problems and we can be much more of a threat from set-plays. I’m due a goal. Seemingly I was inches offside. Pontus said he was definitely off but he wasn’t sure about me. Someone saw the video and told me after the game that I was by a couple of inches. Sometimes you get that luck but we do look a threat.”

Vio and Christiansen had not crossed paths on the coaching circuit previously but the Italian was recommended to United’s head coach by Leeds and their sporting director, Victor Orta. Christiansen agreed to add Vio to his staff, saying he wanted “the best with me”, and United estimated on the basis of Vio’s prior performance that his set-piece ideas could earn the club the equivalent of four wins a season.Speaking to the YEP last month, managing director Angus Kinnear described Vio as “a renowned coach” and said the opportunity to target that area of the game “made sense”. Pontus Jansson Jansson’s goal was the fourth scored by the club from a set-piece this season, a ratio of less than nine per cent.

Bristol City and Ipswich Town are already into double figures and Wolverhampton Wanderers, for all their fluent attacking play, have claimed a quarter of their goals from set-plays. Kinnear said: “Gianni came through the contacts we’ve got and he’s renowned as being one of the best set-piece coaches in the world. We know that what he does should be worth six to 12 points a season so to secure that type of talent made sense. We’re trying to improve in every aspect.”

With a month of Vio’s input behind them, Christiansen felt that a goal like Jansson’s was in the post. The Swede took up position in front of Villa goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and turned a flying header into his net from close range after wrestling himself away from Samba. “I believe that the team have improved in these situations,” Christiansen said. “In all of the games we’ve had one clear opportunity where we leave one man alone with the goalkeeper. We didn’t put some of them in but we scored this one and we hope it will continue.”Villa manager Steve Bruce turned Friday’s match with the aid of a stronger bench, introducing Henri Lansbury and Jack Grealish midway through the second half. Lansbury equalised from long range on 72 minutes, shooting past Felix Wiedwald after Jansson and Neil Taylor flew into a challenge. Leeds were left to rue Cooper’s earlier disallowed effort and a cross from Samuel Saiz which evaded Roofe and Gjanni Alioksi by inches as Christiansen’s side pressed for a 2-0 lead.

“I was gutted my header didn’t count,” Cooper said. “At 2-0 we would have been cruising but in the end the point is a good one against a good Villa side. For long parts we were the better team.“We had chances and the one (Saiz) put across the box, I gave the ball to him out wide. I kept going, got a bit of a nosebleed and I said to him afterwards that the pull-back was on but he went with the lads in the box and they were unlucky not to get a touch.“The manager had been on to us to do that – to get people in the box. It causes the opposition problems.”

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-devil-s-in-the-detail-at-united-set-plays-says-captain-liam-cooper-1-8892691
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #182 på: Desember 10, 2017, 10:08:55 »
Toppmøte på gressteppet etter kampen.

Mon tro hva som foranlediget det?
Januarvinduet?

https://twitter.com/WYSdaily/status/939608660262649856

Christiansen holds talks with Orta

Date: 10th December 2017 at 8:42am
Written by: Wayne Howard

Thomas Christiansen held showdown talks with Leeds United top brass in the wake of Saturday’s Championship win against QPR at Loftus Road.
The West Yorkshire Sport Twitter account, which uploads the BBC Leeds content, posted a message that showed Christiansen in earnest conversation with owner Radrizzani and two other figures by the pitch shortly after the 3-1 triumph.

It is difficult to see the faces of the other two men but the account reports that the manager and chairman were joined by director of football Victor Orta and director Ivan Bravo.

he quartet had talks following the win at Loftus Road that lifted the team to seventh in the Championship table and underlined the min resurgence since the alarming run of results that put Christiansen under huge pressure last month.

OPINION
There is a real sense that Leeds have turned a corner in recent matches, but it is now incumbent on Orta, Radrizzani and Bravo to provide Christiansen with the January reinforcements that can help the team mount a genuine promotion challenge in the second half of the campaign. It is not difficult to imagine that the transfer window next month was among the topics covered by the senior quartet, with the manager likely to have spelled out where the team needs reinforcements. Top of the agenda must be a new left-back, centre-back and a striker if, as expected, Caleb Ekuban is out for months. The squad has done as well as could be reasonably expected this season, but it needs to be more finely tuned by 1 February.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/12/blogs/championship/christiansen-holds-talks-with-orta/
« Siste redigering: Desember 10, 2017, 10:12:23 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

GeirO

« Svar #183 på: Desember 10, 2017, 20:58:30 »
Tipper følgende sluttstilling i mai:

1 Wolves
2 Aston Villa
3 Cardiff
4 Derby
5 Middlesbrough
6 Leeds United

Så får vi se.....
MOT

Cherry

« Svar #184 på: Desember 13, 2017, 18:46:40 »
Etter Hull kampen er vi 1/2- veis i årets serie, og pt ser det ut som om vi er og kan være kapable til og fighte om PO.
Det er 10 poeng fra 5. Plass til 16. plassen akkurat nå, og jeg er overrasket over at ikke Birmingham Sheff W, Boro og Hull er høyere på tabellen, og like overrasket over at Cardiff , Sheffield U, og Preston henger med såpass der oppe.....

Januar vinduet er viktig i denne divisjonen, og for vår del bør det handles/ lånes VB og spiss som mange har kommentert....  håper virkelig dette blir gjort. Kortene holdes tett ved brystet, og det som lekker ut om dagen er stort sett MB - spillere ... bør kanskje ikke legge mye vekt i dette- for det kom jo endel navn som vi ikke hadde hørt om, og som vi signerte nå i sommer.
Virker som om økonomien er under kontroll, så spørs d hvor mye man kan / vil satse for og virkelig gi PL- drømmen en sjanse i årets sesong.

D vet vi når januar er ferdig.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #185 på: Desember 19, 2017, 22:26:36 »
En del nyanser å fylle inn her, men i det store og hele er det vel slik:

Thomas Christiansen Now Very Close To Knowing His Best XI, With Variations
By Charlie Sopp on December 19, 2017  0 Comments

Garry Monk had a year at the club, and he still couldn’t work out his best XI. Players were being swapped all over the shop towards the end of the season and it didn’t help, even the best players were left out at times. This season Thomas Christiansen has been through a few different options in most areas, but finally I feel like he’s very close to knowing his best XI, with a few variations.

It’s become quite clear that a few players aren’t going to be involved any time soon. Mateusz Klich isn’t looking like an option currently, due to reasons more off the field than on it and others just can’t force a start. Hadi Sacko, Connor Shaughnessy, Vurnon Anita, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Andy Lonergan are all players who are more used to starting from the bench and filling in when others are out.

The back five seem pretty set if all fit, the goalkeeper and centre-backs have been rotated but the form was very poor, and now we have got through that it looks very likely that Liam Cooper and Pontus Jansson will be the first-choice pairing from now on. Felix Wiedwald is probably the clear number one, we keep clean sheets with him in goals, we don’t with Lonergan. The full back areas are pretty straight forward, when fit Gaetano Berardi plays left-back and Luke Ayling right-back.

Alioski in fine form since the international break
The midfield is pretty much sorted now as well. Ronaldo Vieira anchors the five, with Kalvin Phillips playing more advanced. The pair are linking up well although I do think another option for the advanced role wouldn’t do any harm. I think Matty Klich would be perfect but that ship has sailed by the looks of things. Eunan O’Kane is more than capable when he’s in form but he does need to raise his game, his dip in form was one of the worst and unfortunately for him in left the door open for Ronaldo Vieira, a player who is head and shoulders above anyone in the central midfield role at the club, and Thomas Christiansen couldn’t ignore the performances from him once he got his chance.

In front of the Samu Saiz plays the attacking midfield role, no doubt about that. Gjanni Alioksi id the first choice right-sided player and when fit, Pablo Hernandez normally starts on the left. Pawel Cibicki has now come into the frame and is an option, as is Stuart Dallas, the variations are great to have.

In the forward position it does get somewhat complicated. So far this season we have had Chris Wood, Kemar Roofe, Caleb Ekuban and Pierre-Michel Lasogga all as the first choice striker. As it stands its Kemar Roofe, and when fit his competition comes from Caleb Ekuban in my opinion. Lasogga will be fit soon and is a very good option to have but we need to see a bit more of the hard work from the big German forward, Caleb Ekuban and Kemar Roofe don’t have any issues in that department. The options are very good in this department but we seem to link up the best with Roofe in that role, dropping in and running the channels. With form and injuries sure to come and go this won’t be the team for the rest of the season but it does feel like we are beginning to settle, with others being able to come in and make a difference, which will be needed over the busy weeks ahead. You can safely say that eight of the players are on the team sheet every week at the moment.

peacockandsmiley.com/5406/thomas-christiansen-now-very-close-to-knowing-his-best-xi-with-variations/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cherry

« Svar #186 på: Desember 25, 2017, 01:29:21 »
Nå ER vi halveis..... 23 spilte kamoer... thats' s a fact!
Vi har fått maximum ut av mannskapet ift poeng og plassering, d er min påstand.... sammenlignet med hvem vi konkurrerer med av lag for topp 6 plassering .

M' boro, Sheff W, Wolves , Derby, Aston Villa, Fulham,  Nott Forest og Norwich burde ha økonomiske muskler som overgår våre i årets sesong- men så vet man jo lite om hva eiere tenker ibdisse klubbene.... satser de- eller er man i salgsmodus = skal man selge??

For vår del gjelder kloke forsterkninger til første 11' vêr ..... noe annet er ikke godtatt pt.

Gufrias

« Svar #187 på: Desember 25, 2017, 10:42:03 »
Nå ER vi halveis..... 23 spilte kamoer... thats' s a fact!
Vi har fått maximum ut av mannskapet ift poeng og plassering, d er min påstand.... sammenlignet med hvem vi konkurrerer med av lag for topp 6 plassering .

M' boro, Sheff W, Wolves , Derby, Aston Villa, Fulham,  Nott Forest og Norwich burde ha økonomiske muskler som overgår våre i årets sesong- men så vet man jo lite om hva eiere tenker ibdisse klubbene.... satser de- eller er man i salgsmodus = skal man selge??

For vår del gjelder kloke forsterkninger til første 11' vêr ..... noe annet er ikke godtatt pt.
To av de du nevner har jo nettopp gjort det litt mer uforutsigbart. Det blir spennende å se om Wendy og Boro tjener eller taper på å ofre kontinuitet for ny giv. Jeg for min del tror at sparkingene er en fordel for oss.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #188 på: Desember 25, 2017, 11:00:51 »
Leeds half season ratings - MID/FWD

Half the season done, half to go, how have Leeds’ players done?

Jack Robshaw
December 24, 2017 10:14 pm

We have just reached the halfway point of the season, Leeds United sit 5th in the table and on target for Andrea Radrizzani’s pre-season target of reaching the play-offs. We started the season brilliantly by going unbeaten for the first 9 matches in all competitions, but a terrible run of 8 defeats in 11 matches brought the club and the fans back down to earth.

This run even had some fans calling for Thomas Christiansen to be sacked (although it is fair to say it was always a minority). However, the club kept faith with TC and in the 7 matches since the trip to Brentford Leeds have won 5 and drawn 1, with the only defeat coming to probable champions Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Time now to look at each player and how they performed. As always you can tell me how wrong I am @mightywhitespod or @ThruItAllLUFC on twitter.

This is the second half of an article, the Goalkeepers and Defenders are available here.

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Kalvin Phillips - A season where he has improved drastically. Has always put in the effort but in previous seasons he was very limited and didn’t seem to be as fit as he is this season. Has brought goals to his game, setting himself a target of 10 goals that he looks likely to reach. Going into the season wouldn’t have made my personal starting XI, safe to say he does now. Some games his tackling has been terrific, with some of the tackles leading directly to goals. 7.5/10

Ronaldo Vieira - Missed a lot of the early season which caused some consternation among the fanbase but this was explained away when it was made public that he had been dealing with an injury. Is now established in the side again and has performed well in a role where he has had to be very disciplined and play quite deep to compensate for Phillips’ more attacking role. 7/10

Eunan O’Kane - Started the season in the starting line-up, played quite well through the early season unbeaten run before having the worst game he has had in a Leeds shirt away at Sheffield Wednesday. Has been in and out of the side since then but still looks a very good option at this level and he will be important for the rest of the season particularly over the busy Christmas period. 6.5/10

Mateusz Klich - Most of his games have been in the League Cup and he did okay but no better in those games. His only start in the league game came away at Cardiff City and he fell over the ball and cost us a goal. Has been fairly vocal with his displeasure on Twitter and I would expect him to leave in January. 3/10

ATTACKING MIDFIELD/WINGERS

Ezgjan Alioski - His performances have been roughly in line with the team as a whole this season. Started the season well and claimed a few Man of the Match awards (Sunderland and Nottingham Forest away were his particularly impressive games). His form dropped off during Leeds poor run but a goal away at Brentford brought back his confidence and since then he has been very impressive playing on both the left and right hand sides. A fantastic signing so far. 8/10

Samuel Saiz - Player of the (half) Season - It is a joy to watch him play football. When he is at his best he makes opposition players look incredibly foolish. Nine goals, five assists, and a debut hat-trick that gave him a serious act to follow. Follow it he did though and there can be no doubt that he is the player that makes Leeds United really tick. Even when he isn’t at his best he has been able to make something happen out of nowhere and we lost a lot of fluency against Hull City with him out injured. A player who looks like he should not be playing in the second tier. 9/10

Pablo Hernandez - One of the better “number 10s” in the division but has been forced to spend a lot of time out on the left to accomodate the very impressive Saiz. Has done a good job out on the that side despite not being as quick as he once was. Has shown some real quality at times including a couple of fantastic goals, the goal away at Leicester City and the winner against Hull City being particular highlights. Another player who is a joy to watch on his day. 7.5/10

Pawel Cibicki - Played a couple of League Cup games earlier in the season, didn’t pull up any trees, looked like he was never going to get a look in, was being grouped in with Klich as people who may leave. Came off the bench away at Queens Park Rangers when Caleb Ekuban got injured and hasn’t looked back. Played really well there and in the win against Norwich City, a little quiet against Hull but has made himself a first team player. Can’t score him too highly as he has only played three league games. His crosses (particularly from dead-balls) look very threatening. 6/10

Stuart Dallas - A very stop-start season for the Northern Ireland international. Has performed well when he has been called upon but has had too many injuries to make the level of impact he would like to. Played well in the League Cup but has only made two starts in the League (Cardiff away, Derby home), one of which was at left-back. His main impact has come as a substitute where he has got a couple of important goals. A player I really like, hopefully he gets fit soon. 6/10

Hadi Sacko - A good substitute appearance away at Burnley in the cup looked to have saved his Leeds career. He got a few chances after that but didn’t really take advantage of any of them. Another who could be shown the door soon. 4.5/10

STRIKERS

Kemar Roofe - Has also been used out wide but has been most effective when playing as a central striker. His performances have been hit and miss this season. He has scored two hat-tricks and has nine goals overall but has also had some poor games in between. Far too inconsistent to be challenging for player of the season but a very useful option in a couple of positions. 7/10

Caleb Ekuban - Still to be convinced of his finishing ability (one goal v Port Vale). His work-rate and harrying of defenders has made him popular among the fans and when he does play his style opens up a lot of space for the likes of Saiz and Alioski. Not our most talented striker but will get some time off the bench when he returns to fitness and will ‘do a job’. 6/10

Pierre-Michel Lasogga - Our best striker when he is on form. Had a great start with 2 goals and an assist on his debut against Burton Albion and played well against Ipswich Town and Bristol City. Some fans have really got on his back for a perceived ‘lack of effort’, and at times I have been one of them, performances like the ones against Brentford and Reading are unacceptable. He returned from injury against Hull and I would start him on Boxing Day. If he gets some confidence he has the ability to play at higher level than the Championship and his goalscoring/assists record is not bad at all so hopefully we see him improve. 6/10

Jay-Roy Grot - Not going to go off on one as it is not all his fault. Doesn’t look like scoring if he played 1000 minutes and bottles out of too many challenges. Thomas Christiansen needs to give him some time playing for the u23s to see if he can gain some confidence. Hopefully he realises the potential that the selectors for the Netherlands must see. 3/10

PLAYERS WHO DIDN’T PLAY ENOUGH FOR A SCORE

Rob Green - One game against Newport County in the League Cup (5/10). Dropped a clanger. Went to Huddersfield Town. N/A

Madger Gomes - Started left-wing v Newport (7/10) and played 20 mins v Port Vale at left-back (6/10). N/A

Eoghan Stokes - Played “number 10” against Newport (5/10), didn’t do much. N/A

Liam Bridcutt - Came on as sub against Port Vale (7/10) and played well, went to Forest, debut v Leeds, Leeds win 2-0. N/A

Chris Wood - Goal and an Assist on opening day v Bolton (7.5/10), missed easy chances in 0-0 draws with Preston North End (6/10) and Fulham (5.5/10). Gave a pathetic statement when he left.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #189 på: Desember 25, 2017, 11:04:03 »
Leeds half season ratings - GK/DEF

Half the season done, half to go, how have Leeds’ players done?

Jack RobshawDecember 24, 2017 8:25 pm

We have just reached the halfway point of the season, Leeds United sit 5th in the table and on target for Andrea Radrizzani’s pre-season target of reaching the play-offs. We started the season brilliantly by going unbeaten for the first 9 matches in all competitions, but a terrible run of 8 defeats in 11 matches brought the club and the fans back down to earth.

This run even had some fans calling for Thomas Christiansen to be sacked (although it is fair to say it was always a minority). However, the club kept faith with TC and in the 7 matches since the trip to Brentford Leeds have won 5 and drawn 1, with the only defeat coming to probable champions Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Time now to look at each player and how they performed. As always you can tell me how wrong I am @mightywhitespod or @ThruItAllLUFC on twitter.

Will probably split this into two articles as otherwise it could be very long.

GOALKEEPERS

Felix Wiedwald - Grading Wiedwald’s performances this season is a little bit of a strange task. He has kept 9 clean sheets in 18 matches which is undoubtedly an impressive statistic. However, his errors against Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City, and Queens Park Rangers cannot be ignored and earlier in the season his work in dealing with crosses left a massive amount to be desired. It must be noted that his spell out of the starting line-up coincided with some of Leeds’ poorest performances and the defenders look far more confident with Wiedwald between the sticks than they did with Andy Lonergan there. Has improved recently and the last game against Hull City was probably his best performance of the season. 6/10

Andy Lonergan - Lonergan was signed with the intention of being a back-up player and had that remained his role there wouldn’t be much to say about him. He was brought into the side after Felix Wiedwald’s poor performance away at Sheffield Wednesday (who was dropped harshly in my view). Lonergan did fine for the most part but two very poor performances either side of the victory over Middlesbrough ended his run in the first team. His performance against Wolves was poor but the performance away at Brentford was the second poorest Goalkeeping display I have ever seen for Leeds United behind only Paul Rachubka against Blackpool in November 2011. 5/10

DEFENDERS

Luke Ayling - Not been a patch on his consistently stellar performances of last season. Had a particularly awful run where he kept running too far forward and costing us goals when the opposition winger was able to create a chance/score himself by exploiting the space Ayling had left (the home games against Reading, Sheffield United and Derby County were all matches lost at home where we conceded in this fashion). He looks as if he needs a rest having played pretty much all of last season and barely missing any football this season either. 6/10

Pontus Jansson - Didn’t have the best start to the season, in his own words he “personally had been shit”. Signed a new 5-year contract showing the commitment both from the club and the player and his performances picked up following it. The last few games in particular he has been as good and as consistent as you will ever see at this level. 7/10

Liam Cooper - Probably the surprise package of the season. Even Leeds fans that were fans of Cooper wouldn’t have expected him to start every week, and even fewer would have said he would do so as captain. He has flourished this season and has established himself as one of the first names on the team sheet. Had one shocker of a game away at Cardiff City but other than that has had a really good season. Hasn’t had the highs of his centre-back partner Jansson, but also didn’t have anything approaching his poor form either. 7/10

Gaetano Berardi - If this was purely on heart and determination Berardi would probably get a 10 every week. Has done a solid but unspectacular job in a less-favoured role at left-back and has certainly done a better job than the other players who have had a few goes at the role. It could be worth Leeds signing a left-back if the right player was to become available but I would be fine with Berardi until the end of the season. 6/10

Matthew Pennington - Was really good on the opening day of the season against Bolton Wanderers but unfortunately got injured. Came back into the side after Liam Cooper’s Red Card at Cardiff City but only lasted four matches before losing his place. Had a particularly awful game against Sheffield United in the 1-2 defeat, improved against Derby County but has been reduced to late substitute appearances since then. An able back-up. 5/10

Conor Shaughnessy - Another surprise package. Before pre-season wasn’t expected to get much game time but TC took him on the pre-season tour where he impressed and has done average to well whenever he has been called upon. One very naive shirt pull on the opening day of the season gave away a penalty, offset by terrific performances against Fulham, Burnley in the League Cup and another against Ipswich Town showed he is ready to step up when needed. 6/10

Vernon Anita - I still see his best position as in defensive/central midfield but has been used as a left-back for the most part when he has played this season. Is generally better on the ball than Berardi in that position but seemed that wingers had an easier time beating him than they do Berardi, hasn’t done a great deal but there is a reason he isn’t in the side. 5/10

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson - On paper CBJ is probably our best option to play left-back, unfortunately for him football is played on grass and his performances have not been up to standard.Got a chance against Burnley and was absolutely terrible, was having a good game against Leicester in the following round but got injured. 4/10

That’s the Goalkeepers and the defenders done. Check back later for the Midfielders and Forwards.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #190 på: Desember 29, 2017, 12:21:00 »
Her er en fin greie om når vi møter 'topplagene' :)
- håper vi har formen inne i februar/mars :)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsgutt

« Svar #191 på: Desember 29, 2017, 13:18:09 »
The crunch for Leeds will be Feb/March - Cardiff H, Sheff Utd B, Bristol C H, Derby B, Brentford H, Middlesbrough B, Wolves H in succession.

That's when we'll find out.

gleder/gruer meg

Cherry

« Svar #192 på: Desember 30, 2017, 21:07:25 »
6 poeng fra 5. til 12. plass etter dagens kamper.
Wolves tar dette, og det vil være 5 plasser og kjempe om... inkl 1- en- Golden Ticket...

Tror januar vinduet blir meeeeeget viktig for oss.... vi må få en bredere KAMP- tropp, der vi også har ren kvalitet på benken...der er pt Villa, Boro' og Derby langt bedre enn oss ift alternativer og sette inn som kan være " game changers" .

Lån gjerne bare det er spillere som kan gå rett inn i 11'ver.

auren

"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #194 på: Januar 07, 2018, 10:26:50 »
Hull-Leeds den 27.januar er allerede utsatt i og med at Hull gikk videre til fjerde runde. Så selv om Leeds bir utslått av Newport blir det ingen ligakamp den helgen (om det ikke blir utsatte kamper i mellomtiden som kan spiles den helgen).

www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-citys-championship-fixture-versus-1022645
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Square Ball

« Svar #195 på: Januar 07, 2018, 19:26:03 »
Hull-Leeds den 27.januar er allerede utsatt i og med at Hull gikk videre til fjerde runde. Så selv om Leeds bir utslått av Newport blir det ingen ligakamp den helgen (om det ikke blir utsatte kamper i mellomtiden som kan spiles den helgen).

www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-citys-championship-fixture-versus-1022645

kanskje det blir Fulham-Leeds den 27 januar? Fulham også utslått .dette er opprinnelig midtukekamp i april
og kan være aktuelt.Eller kanskje ikke, da vi helst vil ha med Saiz

auren

« Svar #196 på: Januar 08, 2018, 19:11:37 »
Karanka til Forest?

Richard Conway, BBC
@richard_conway
Breaking: understand Aitor Karanka has accepted offer to become new boss of Nottingham Forest. #nffc

auren

RoarG

« Svar #197 på: Januar 08, 2018, 19:59:32 »
Karanka til Forest?

Richard Conway, BBC
@richard_conway
Breaking: understand Aitor Karanka has accepted offer to become new boss of Nottingham Forest. #nffc

auren
Kan være en klok ansettelse, det.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #198 på: Januar 09, 2018, 12:09:33 »
Hay er realistisk:

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
 44m
44 minutes ago
Replying to @MGlufc @ArcticReviews @ephemeraljoy
I think it's still a 6th-10th squad, the same as last season. Not to say individually players aren't better than those listed but en masse I think the outcome will be very similar.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #199 på: Januar 09, 2018, 12:16:03 »

kanskje det blir Fulham-Leeds den 27 januar? Fulham også utslått .dette er opprinnelig midtukekamp i april

Kampen er terminfestet i april, og blir da spilt i april.

Kjell Skjerven

« Svar #200 på: Januar 09, 2018, 15:25:27 »

Skjedd foer da at kamper har blitt flytta framover. Seinest Nottingham forrige sesong. (Som eg foroevrig gjekk glipp av)
Side before self,every time.

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #201 på: Januar 09, 2018, 15:56:48 »

Skjedd foer da at kamper har blitt flytta framover. Seinest Nottingham forrige sesong. (Som eg foroevrig gjekk glipp av)

Ja, den ble flyttet frem 3 dager siden Leeds enn så lenge var med i FA-Cupen. Flytter ikkje en kamp frem til januar som skal gå i april.

Square Ball

« Svar #202 på: Januar 09, 2018, 18:15:28 »

Ja, den ble flyttet frem 3 dager siden Leeds enn så lenge var med i FA-Cupen. Flytter ikkje en kamp frem til januar som skal gå i april.

Dette skjer nesten hver sesong da lag er utslått av cupen.Istedenfor spillefri i 14 dager,og et beinhardt program med mye
midtukekamper mot tampen av sesongen.Det dukker opp flere utsatte kamper pga både vær og championshiplag som er involvert
i FA-cupen.Større inntekter og lettere for supportere og legge kamper til helga.Om dette blir en realitet er en annen sak

auren

« Svar #203 på: Januar 09, 2018, 18:15:50 »
Dette kan vel ikke være sant??

According to some reports emerging from Italy, Wolves had a bid of £34.7m rejected by AC Milan for Portuguese international forward André Silva. #wwfc is expected to make a second bid.

auren

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #204 på: Januar 09, 2018, 18:39:43 »

According to some reports emerging from Italy, Wolves had a bid of £34.7m rejected by AC Milan for Portuguese international forward André Silva. #wwfc is expected to make a second bid.

auren

Egentlig helt perfekt med tanke på neste sesong i Premier League. Wolves vet de må forsterke, og gjør det med rett innstilling

Bjorn

« Svar #205 på: Januar 09, 2018, 19:40:44 »

auren

Egentlig helt perfekt med tanke på neste sesong i Premier League. Wolves vet de må forsterke, og gjør det med rett innstilling

Latterlige summer
Marching On! 4276

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #206 på: Januar 09, 2018, 19:41:00 »

auren

Hvorfor tviler du på det? Med sommeren friskt i minne er jo dette det naturlige steget videre for ulvene.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #207 på: Januar 09, 2018, 19:53:11 »

auren
Men realiteten

Latterlige summer

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #208 på: Januar 09, 2018, 22:11:30 »

auren

Latterlige summer
Helt enig, men slik har det blitt uten at vi kan gjøre noe med det :( Og det blir bare verre og verre for oss til lengre tid vi står utenfor PL....

Promotion 2010

« Svar #209 på: Januar 09, 2018, 22:42:44 »

auren

Latterlige summer
Helt enig, men slik har det blitt uten at vi kan gjøre noe med det :( Og det blir bare verre og verre for oss til lengre tid vi står utenfor PL....

Vi sier vel dette hver sesong, men vi har vel nærmet oss mer og mer de siste tre sesongene.
Min første Leeds-kamp: