Skrevet av Emne: Kamp vs Sheffield W @Hillsborough Lørdag 26.10.19 kl 13:30 Viasport 2  (Lest 73122 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kilgallon

Sv: Kamp vs Sheffield W @Hillsborough Lørdag 26.10.19 kl 13:30 Viasport 2
« Svar #150 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 16:34:36 »
Ifølge Sky’s kommentator blev Bamford byttet ut i pausen pga. den lille skaden han fikk mot slutningen av omgangen. For å unngå forværring sa han.
Alt i alt en grei kamp synes jeg mot et bra og veldig fysisk sterkt lag. Wed. var imponerende i gjenpresset i 2. omgang. Vi har vanvittig stærk defensiv, hvor spesielt White, Berardi og KIKO var outstanding i dag. White tar Nuhio ( 4 meter høy) 9 av 10 ganger i hodedueller.
Og så har vi plutselig en keeper som redder poeng for oss. Det er vi ikke akkurat vant til.
3 poeng i dag hadde ikke vært noe ran, men kampen kunne bikka begge veier.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #151 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 16:55:13 »
Kan ikke erindre et godt touch på ballen av Alioski.

Jo, "kippen" som Bamford headet mot mål helt på slutten.

Men ellers var det ikke all verden, nei.

Var ikke det Jack Harrison?

Alioski, med yttersia av foten. Ganske så sikker på det.
Det var Harrison.

Hvis du har sett en reprise på den, så ok.
Super Leeds since 1968

HåvardK

« Svar #152 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 17:36:43 »
Kan ikke erindre et godt touch på ballen av Alioski.

Jo, "kippen" som Bamford headet mot mål helt på slutten.

Men ellers var det ikke all verden, nei.

Var ikke det Jack Harrison?

Alioski, med yttersia av foten. Ganske så sikker på det.
Det var Harrison.

Hvis du har sett en reprise på den, så ok.
Så gjentatte repriser i første omgang/i pausen.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #153 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 17:44:50 »
Pressern:

Fair result?
It was a different match to those we are used to playing. In the first half we played better, but if we controlled the match they had chances also. In the second half the match has changed. Sometimes we command the match and sometimes they controlled the match. We missed goals and they missed goals too. They, in the second half, could impose their style on ours. To analyse the match we have to give value to that. Also, how we built our chances to establish a little difference for us in the game. After we can say it was a match similar for both things. Chances were similar for both teams. They had more chances, but maybe less clear than us. Also, on feature of the first half was we had good opportunities and where we had a lot of advantage, but we couldn’t transform this situation in one chance.

Comment on Chile situation?
We have to give some value to our performance. You can win or lose in this match.
I am a football manager and for this condition I am not authorised, I don’t have the power to talk about anything and my opinion is just one more opinion. I am not Chilean and I am forced to be prudent. With these limits, I admire what the Chilean people are doing. The normal citizens. They take the democracy in a different way. They are an example for the rest of the country, but treated by their authorities, and they claim, in the correct way, with democracy and they understand, to have a good democracy you have to do more than vote. Always, everybody describes the Chilean people as moderate people. They give an example of conviction and they are solid people

Why more difficult in the second half?
In the match, both teams competed, the players. Both teams had two different styles. We could achieve in the first half our way of playing. We could impose our style on the first half and they could impose the long balls. In the second half, this was more difficult for us to play out. The opponent had some individual good performances - 27 and 10. When three attacking players improve their performance the match changes.

What were you looking for in the Nketiah change?
Bamford finished very well the last ball. The ball came from one side and he headed for the same side. Patrick is a player who has the skill to fight the physical challenge. Today we thought Eddie had less skill in this sense, but today he showed the opposite. Bamford is a player who knows how to mix the movements when he drops and after he drops again. Today, Eddie showed he also can dribble in the one v one that results Patrick used less. Both of them are similar. I thought the second half Nketiah was going to find the same match Patrick found in the first half. I thought with us close to their box, Nketiah would give us something more, because when he arrives there he gives us surprise. When Patrick is in the box, Nketiah arrives suddenly. After we played the match further from their box, but Eddie adapted very well to this. I saw a lot of good things in Eddie today and I didn’t see that before. I give value to the spirit to compete, to recover the ball, to help the team to pass through difficult moments and one great skill to unbalance the one v one offensively. Powerful movement when he had to dribble at the centre-back he faced.

Has there been one style tougher to face than others this season?
About the style, there are two styles: one is with long balls and the other is when you move the ball from defence to midfield to attack. Both styles are similar in efficiency. You can see one opponent like Sheffield. In my opinion the team didn’t improve because long ball is more efficient. If not Sheffield has improved when three, 7, 20, 10, improved their play with touching the ball on the ground.

Casilla purple patch
He has an impact on the match today. He will show good character, good personality.

Hernandez - how much have you missed him?
Helder had two kinds of situations, outside close to the line, especially on the right, and when he went to the middle behind the nine. Pablo also feels this characteristic. He can communicate passes from the right and we can add with Helder we have more one v one dribble. Central position in the middle, we need in our team, Pablo finds this ball more naturally. Helder is still in an adaptation process. Teams and players need habits you can get from playing.

Wednesday a rival for the end of the campaign?
I cannot say I feel this or not, but we played today with this opponent. If they keep this level they are going to be difficult for everyone. There are teams difficult to beat and after there are other teams difficult to beat them, but also they can beat you. These teams can beat anyone. What you can say is this team is going to be regular or not.

..........…….

Monk here - got away from you?
Doesn’t feel like that. Proud. Overall it’s a really good advert for the league. Going at it in those conditions. We warranted the points. Dominant in the second half. Most offensive actions in the whole game. Save from Westy and block from Foxy. You won’t often see Leeds under pressure like that. Huge determination and quality. We deserved to win. While we’re building we need to set standards. We did that.

Concern having this dominance and not hitting the net?]

No, because we’re taking points. That wasn’t pinned on anyone. Fletcher’s hasn’t gone in. Very good performance. Keep playing like that you will win games and dominate. Playing against a team in their second season under that manager. We’ve been together eight weeks. Looked like the other way around today.

Nketiah elbow
Not seen it because of the people in their technical area. I was more annoyed about the fact they played on with a situation in our box. As we win it back and look to play on the referee blows. I was more annoyed with that than the elbow which I hadn’t seen.

[Leeds will be up there - fact you’ve matched them - benchmark for this season?]
That’s what we have to use. They’ve been great with me. Mentality to compete was there. Seen the lads fighting for it. It’s all part of fighting for that standard. Can you push it in the games as well. Can we maintain that? Very hard to do it every game in the Championship. Reminded them we have to set our standard on that.

Teams getting wise to Leeds?
Not necessarily. Everyone has their way. They’re good. Can set up to nullify, but you know they will have chances in the game, but overall we dominated in both boxes. Try to finish them off and were unlucky not to do that. To do that against Leeds, we’ve been together eight weeks, they’ve had much longer. Saw the crowd respond to it today.

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjella

• Gjest
« Svar #154 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 19:10:55 »
Skjønner jeg ikke ser det samme idag som mange - i min verden er 1 poeng idag borte mot Sheffield W et deilig resultat. Men det er skjønt å kunne være uenig i dette verdens viktigste spill !

jaho

« Svar #155 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 19:21:31 »
Pressern:

Fair result?
It was a different match to those we are used to playing. In the first half we played better, but if we controlled the match they had chances also. In the second half the match has changed. Sometimes we command the match and sometimes they controlled the match. We missed goals and they missed goals too. They, in the second half, could impose their style on ours. To analyse the match we have to give value to that. Also, how we built our chances to establish a little difference for us in the game. After we can say it was a match similar for both things. Chances were similar for both teams. They had more chances, but maybe less clear than us. Also, on feature of the first half was we had good opportunities and where we had a lot of advantage, but we couldn’t transform this situation in one chance.

Comment on Chile situation?
We have to give some value to our performance. You can win or lose in this match.
I am a football manager and for this condition I am not authorised, I don’t have the power to talk about anything and my opinion is just one more opinion. I am not Chilean and I am forced to be prudent. With these limits, I admire what the Chilean people are doing. The normal citizens. They take the democracy in a different way. They are an example for the rest of the country, but treated by their authorities, and they claim, in the correct way, with democracy and they understand, to have a good democracy you have to do more than vote. Always, everybody describes the Chilean people as moderate people. They give an example of conviction and they are solid people

Why more difficult in the second half?
In the match, both teams competed, the players. Both teams had two different styles. We could achieve in the first half our way of playing. We could impose our style on the first half and they could impose the long balls. In the second half, this was more difficult for us to play out. The opponent had some individual good performances - 27 and 10. When three attacking players improve their performance the match changes.

What were you looking for in the Nketiah change?
Bamford finished very well the last ball. The ball came from one side and he headed for the same side. Patrick is a player who has the skill to fight the physical challenge. Today we thought Eddie had less skill in this sense, but today he showed the opposite. Bamford is a player who knows how to mix the movements when he drops and after he drops again. Today, Eddie showed he also can dribble in the one v one that results Patrick used less. Both of them are similar. I thought the second half Nketiah was going to find the same match Patrick found in the first half. I thought with us close to their box, Nketiah would give us something more, because when he arrives there he gives us surprise. When Patrick is in the box, Nketiah arrives suddenly. After we played the match further from their box, but Eddie adapted very well to this. I saw a lot of good things in Eddie today and I didn’t see that before. I give value to the spirit to compete, to recover the ball, to help the team to pass through difficult moments and one great skill to unbalance the one v one offensively. Powerful movement when he had to dribble at the centre-back he faced.

Has there been one style tougher to face than others this season?
About the style, there are two styles: one is with long balls and the other is when you move the ball from defence to midfield to attack. Both styles are similar in efficiency. You can see one opponent like Sheffield. In my opinion the team didn’t improve because long ball is more efficient. If not Sheffield has improved when three, 7, 20, 10, improved their play with touching the ball on the ground.

Casilla purple patch
He has an impact on the match today. He will show good character, good personality.

Hernandez - how much have you missed him?
Helder had two kinds of situations, outside close to the line, especially on the right, and when he went to the middle behind the nine. Pablo also feels this characteristic. He can communicate passes from the right and we can add with Helder we have more one v one dribble. Central position in the middle, we need in our team, Pablo finds this ball more naturally. Helder is still in an adaptation process. Teams and players need habits you can get from playing.

Wednesday a rival for the end of the campaign?
I cannot say I feel this or not, but we played today with this opponent. If they keep this level they are going to be difficult for everyone. There are teams difficult to beat and after there are other teams difficult to beat them, but also they can beat you. These teams can beat anyone. What you can say is this team is going to be regular or not.

..........…….

Monk here - got away from you?
Doesn’t feel like that. Proud. Overall it’s a really good advert for the league. Going at it in those conditions. We warranted the points. Dominant in the second half. Most offensive actions in the whole game. Save from Westy and block from Foxy. You won’t often see Leeds under pressure like that. Huge determination and quality. We deserved to win. While we’re building we need to set standards. We did that.

Concern having this dominance and not hitting the net?]

No, because we’re taking points. That wasn’t pinned on anyone. Fletcher’s hasn’t gone in. Very good performance. Keep playing like that you will win games and dominate. Playing against a team in their second season under that manager. We’ve been together eight weeks. Looked like the other way around today.

Nketiah elbow
Not seen it because of the people in their technical area. I was more annoyed about the fact they played on with a situation in our box. As we win it back and look to play on the referee blows. I was more annoyed with that than the elbow which I hadn’t seen.

[Leeds will be up there - fact you’ve matched them - benchmark for this season?]
That’s what we have to use. They’ve been great with me. Mentality to compete was there. Seen the lads fighting for it. It’s all part of fighting for that standard. Can you push it in the games as well. Can we maintain that? Very hard to do it every game in the Championship. Reminded them we have to set our standard on that.

Teams getting wise to Leeds?
Not necessarily. Everyone has their way. They’re good. Can set up to nullify, but you know they will have chances in the game, but overall we dominated in both boxes. Try to finish them off and were unlucky not to do that. To do that against Leeds, we’ve been together eight weeks, they’ve had much longer. Saw the crowd respond to it today.

Bielsa veldig fornøyd med Nketiah i dag. Involverte seg jo mye mer i spillet i dag i forhold til omgangen mot Birmingham, til tross for at 2.omg var noe av de svakeste vi har levert denne sesongen, selv om vi da ironisk nok fikk to kjempesjanser på noen sekunder ved Harrison og Alioski. 1.omg var egentlig bra synes jeg mot en god motstander.

baste

« Svar #156 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 23:57:20 »
Savner Tyler Roberts på banen i andre omgang. Han jobber og som en helt, pluss at han setter FART framover. Han vil ha ballen, og han vil framover. Det går alt for tregt med Leeds til tider.

Glimtvis godt spill av Costa, men kan så mye bedre.

Alt i alt, storfornøyd med 1 poeng. Kan bli viktig når regnskapets time kommer.

Tenk når Pablo, Bamford og Eddie er på banen samtidig,.. da kan vi produsere litt mer.
Syns for øvrig at Dallas skal beholde høyre back, og Roberts skal brukes i den posisjon Dallas hadde i dag.
Alternativt flytte Bamford ned ett hakk, og ha Eddie på topp. Det kunne blitt en Viduka/ Smith kombo

MOT

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #157 på: Oktober 26, 2019, 23:58:32 »
FocusOnLeeds
@FocusOnLeeds

Only White (82.9%) and Berardi (87.5%) managed a pass accuracy above 80% today. Jack Harrison with a woeful  51.3%. Poor day all round in terms of passing from most of the team. #LUFC
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

ar9

« Svar #158 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 00:11:42 »
Den offensive samhandlingen var bånn i bøtta idag. Vi fremsto som et cup lag sammensatt av reserver.
Ikke til å kjenne igjen.
Hadde ett lag fortjent å vinne idag måtte det blitt hjemmelaget.

Eriksen55

« Svar #159 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 00:43:23 »
Fornøyd med 1 poeng borte mot tabellnabo.

Nok en gang slapt i andre omgang. Vi forsvarer oss stort sett bra, men hadde litt flaks.

Stusser litt over valgene spillerne gjør når vi nærmer oss 16 metern. Alt er riktig i forkant med solide pass på en touch, mange løp og kloke valg. Rundt 16 metern blir det stopp. Lite bevegelse, ukloke valg og dårlige passninger.

Bamford med god heading,men sjuk redning av keeper. Nesten så Harrison og Alioski ranet til oss tre poeng på slutten. Men vi skal nok være fornøyd med 1 poeng!

Cooper tilbake er gledelig, selv om jeg syntes Berardi var en av de beste. Med Pablo og Forshaw tilbake snart også blir det bedre. Satse på at Dallas er tilbake på hb og at Bielsa får trent på Bamford bak Eddie så blir det virkelig bra!!

Derimot må det være rom for å kritisere dødballene. I dag kunne vi spilt med 11 Flo'er og likevel vært sjanseløse. Phillips slår innimellon noen oj dødballer, men i dag var det labert. Sier mye når han har skuddansvar på fruspard. Det sier ihvertfall alt om de andre. Når Pgmhillips misser gang etter gang mp det være mulig å la andre fp prøve!

asbfjell

« Svar #160 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 01:18:18 »

Praktredning av Westwood på headingen fra Bamford.
Nesten (men ikke helt) i klasse med redningen Joe Corrigan presterte på headingen fra Allan Clarke i Fa-cupens 5. runde i 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=871c7uAbHto

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #161 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 08:12:56 »
Marginer...headingen i stolpen fra Alioski på slutten....flaks har vi vel ikke hatt så mye av hittil...

Runar

« Svar #162 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 08:41:30 »

Nok en gang slapt i andre omgang. Vi forsvarer oss stort sett bra, men hadde litt flaks.

Stusser litt over valgene spillerne gjør når vi nærmer oss 16 metern. Alt er riktig i forkant med solide pass på en touch, mange løp og kloke valg. Rundt 16 metern blir det stopp. Lite bevegelse, ukloke valg og dårlige passninger.

Bamford med god heading,men sjuk redning av keeper. Nesten så Harrison og Alioski ranet til oss tre poeng på slutten. Men vi skal nok være fornøyd med 1 poeng!

Cooper tilbake er gledelig, selv om jeg syntes Berardi var en av de beste. Med Pablo og Forshaw tilbake snart også blir det bedre. Satse på at Dallas er tilbake på hb og at Bielsa får trent på Bamford bak Eddie så blir det virkelig bra!!

Derimot må det være rom for å kritisere dødballene. I dag kunne vi spilt med 11 Flo'er og likevel vært sjanseløse. Phillips slår innimellon noen oj dødballer, men i dag var det labert. Sier mye når han har skuddansvar på fruspard. Det sier ihvertfall alt om de andre. Når Pgmhillips misser gang etter gang mp det være mulig å la andre fp prøve!

Var det ikke der han spilte i går?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #163 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 08:51:14 »

Jo, i praksis var han ofte ute til høyre med Ayling i trebackkjeda bak.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #164 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 09:01:03 »
Syns Graham Smyth oppsummerer det bra

@GrahamSmyth

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Leeds United: The Verdict.
Lack of magic hangs over Whites like a grey cloud as rain dampens fire of Yorkshire derby.

yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/graham-smyths-verdict-leeds-united-lacking-spark-and-magic-rain-dampens-fire-yorkshire-derby-sheffield-wednesday-820408…

#lufc

When Forshaw and Hernandez return they will add control and invention. But maybe it's just going to be this difficult, this season. Games are so tight, the table is so tight.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #165 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 09:05:53 »
Syns Graham Smyth oppsummerer det bra
Graham Smyth's Verdict: Leeds United lacking spark and magic as rain dampens fire of Yorkshire derby at Sheffield Wednesday

The goalless Yorkshire derby between Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United was like a slow moving pendulum, swinging to and fro, right to left with unerring balance.

By Graham Smyth  Sunday, 27th October 2019, 5:00 am

That's not to say it was end-to-end or even particularly exciting, the two sides taking it in turns to have protracted spells of momentum and pressure.

But overall as a contest it was just about as even as a game could be.
The Whites were, eventually, better in the first half and the Owls got the best of it in the second half.

Both sides hit the woodwork, both goalkeepers produced a world class save, both sides were left infuriated by referee Tim Robinson deciding against them at potentially pivotal moments.
Leeds should have had a penalty, Ben White bundled to the ground in the Owls box by Atdhe Nuhiu, Joey Pelupessy was later poleaxed by an Eddie Nketiah elbow.

A point was a fair result, a fact recognised by Marcelo Bielsa, although Garry Monk felt the scale of his side's second half dominance perhaps deserved more than a share of the spoils.
Even the post-match discussion failed to raise the collective pulse on a derby day when passion rarely even threatened to spill over, on or off the pitch.

The only remotely eyebrow-raising moment of Bielsa's press conference was the interjection of a Spanish speaking journalist who elicited thoughts on the Chilean political climate from the United head coach, formerly in charge of La Roja.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough before kick-off was a little flat, any potential fire and brimstone dampened by the heavy rain that came down relentlessly.

Leeds' early performance was also lacking spark, the Whites struggling to get on the front foot in the first 10 minutes, barring a crossing chance wasted by Helder Costa.

The Portuguese was unable to produce much of note throughout the contest, never mind the kind of invention Leeds have been missing since Pablo Hernandez picked up a September injury.

Wednesday won little battles all over the pitch, allowing them to try and put balls in behind or break on Leeds, Ben White having to track back to halt Adam Reach in the penalty area after the Owls latched onto a poor header from Mateusz Klick, another who struggled to make anything happen all afternoon.

Kiko Casilla got down smartly to Liam Palmer's stinging low drive and when Leeds cleared the resulting corner, they broke upfield and enjoyed a little spell, winning a corner of their own that almost reached Luke Ayling six yards out.
With 19 minutes gone Robinson had his first major decision to make, White, up for a corner, tricking his way to the byline and going down under the challenge of Nuhiu, the referee unmoved despite replays suggesting there was sufficient contact.

Leeds began to gain momentum, Kalvin Phillips forcing them up the field, Costa seeing plenty of ball on one side, Gjanni Alioski getting forward on the other.
There was, too often, a lack of quality in Leeds' work when they reached the final third, ruining moves they developed from deep, players working hard to create space for team-mates who would then run into a blue and white wall in and around the box.

Phillips' running battle with Barry Bannan in the centre of the pitch was the height of the entertainment for a time, so sparse was the goalmouth action at either end.
Yet the half finally sprang to life in its final seconds, both goalkeepers suddenly having to produce sublime stops.

Casilla flew through the air to tip Steven Fletcher's long range thunderbolt over the top before Leeds broke, Harrison scooping a delightful outside-of-the-boot cross to the back post where Bamford lost his marker and headed the ball towards the far corner, Keiren Westwood somehow keeping it out. The look of on Bamford's face said as much about the save as any replay could.

That look may well have remained on his face when, at half-time, he was informed that Nketiah was to replace him.
Both sides continued to wrestle with the conditions after the break but managed to create good early chances.
At one end, Harrison teased the defence and fed Phillips, his 25-yarder not quite curling enough to find the net.

At the other, Wednesday cut the Leeds defence apart with quick passing, Morgan Fox pinging the ball into Fletcher whose first time shot cannoned off the crossbar, hit Casilla and bounced wide.

Leeds had a let off of a different kind when Nketiah caught Pelupessy with his elbow, Robinson allowing play to go on so Nketiah could find Harrison whose shot was blocked. Wednesday were furious that not only had the blow gone unpunished, they almost conceded with a player down with a head injury.

Fuelled by that righteous indignation, they poured forward and began to put real pressure on United.
Bannan was at the heart of it all, first volleying a pass through for Reach who took it too early and fired wide, then crossing to the back post where Fletcher met the ball but couldn't turn it home.

A low blast from Nketiah, straight at Westwood and dealt with, was a rare moment of promise for Leeds during a period spent predominantly in their own half.
They came again however, in the wake of a tactical change that saw Liam Cooper return in the centre of defence, allowing both Ayling and Stuart Dallas to push forward on the right.

Nketiah's skill and pace left a defender in his wake and he pulled the ball back for Harrison whose shot was blocked, before Phillips whipped in a ball from the right and Alioski headed against the crossbar.
The constant threat presented by Kadeem Harris on the left meant Leeds and Casilla could not relax for a second.

He whipped in a cross that looked goalbound until the United keeper tipped it wide, the subsequent corner headed down by Nuhiu, Casilla beating it away, Leeds surviving by the skin of their teeth.
That was it as far as chances went, the two sets of supporters squelching off into the mid-afternoon gloom feeling neither aggrieved or enormously satisfied.

A lack of goals - Leeds haven't scored twice in a game in seven attempts - continues to hang over the Whites like a grey cloud.

They progress the ball quickly and efficiently from back to front, passing it nicely until the edge of the box where there is a tendency for it all to fall down; crosses hitting the first man, hesitancy allowing defenders to block shots, organised defences standing firm under the pressure.

The bright side is a Leeds defence that continues to perform admirably, a defence that creates a platform for results to be built.
The difficulty of each game in the Championship appears to be, like the English weather, an element outside of Bielsa's control.

Perhaps this is just the way it is going to be, grinding out points on the road, taking victories on the strength of single goals, until such a time as someone, anyone, introduces some magic, makes it rain goals and allows the sun to shine over Leeds United again.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/graham-smyths-verdict-leeds-united-lacking-spark-and-magic-rain-dampens-fire-yorkshire-derby-sheffield-wednesday-820408

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #166 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 09:25:11 »
MOM Ben White om kampen...

Ben White on 'good point' at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United penalty claim

MAN of the match Ben White felt Leeds United had taken a decent point in Saturday's Championship clash at Sheffield Wednesday whilst admitting Marcelo Bielsa's men were not at their best as second played third.

By Lee Sobot  Saturday, 26th October 2019, 4:55 pm

POSITIVE OUTLOOK: From Leeds United's Brighton loanee centre-back Ben White.
White again proved a rock at centre-back as Garry Monk's Owls were kept out at Hillsborough as part of a goalless draw in which both sides hit the woodwork.

Wednesday's Steven Fletcher thumped a first-time effort against the crossbar in the 53rd minute as the hosts enjoyed a decent spell in the second half but United's Gjanni Alioski then saw his header hit the post with ten minutes to go, moments after a Jack Harrison effort was cleared off the line.

After constant overnight and morning rain, in difficult conditions, White felt the draw was a fair result and a point with which United could be pleased with heading back to Leeds.

"We came here looking for the three points obviously but we will be happy about the clean sheet and the point," said White.

"Obviously it's not the best we have ever played but the conditions all come into play and I think it was a good performance to get what we got out of the game."

Reflecting on the match conditions, White admitted: "To be fair when you are out there you don't really take any notice of that. It was wet and the ball did a slide a bit but it was okay."

White was presented with the Sky man of the match award following the contest's conclusion and replays of an incident in the 19th minute showed that White should have been awarded a penalty.

With White up in the Owls box from the second phase of play following a corner, the 22-year-old saw his shirt pulled by Atdhe Nuhiu who then clipped the defender's legs to send the centre back to the floor.

White made little appeal and said: "I tried to stay up to be fair because he clipped me a couple of times. I just wanted to stay up and I couldn't at the end. I didn't get it but we just move on."
The stalemate meant back to back draws for United who also had to settle for a point in Tuesday night's clash at Preston North End which ended 1-1 but White said there was no such thing as a bad point away from home.

"Definitely, especially against a team like this," he said.
"They (Wednesday) are going to be up there this season so it's a good point.

"Obviously we wanted six points out of the two games but they are two very good teams so a point is not too bad. It's a point earned and on to the next."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/ben-white-good-point-sheffield-wednesday-and-leeds-united-penalty-claim-820369

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

NT

« Svar #167 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 11:41:30 »
Selv om Bamford får til en god avsluttning her, så kan man vel med si at den kanskje hadde blitt enda bedre om han ikke ble tatt ut av balanse tiendelet tidligere.  Ingen kunne sagt noe på om han dømte straffe på denne , selv etter headingen. 

ar9

« Svar #168 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 11:50:47 »
Selv om Bamford får til en god avsluttning her, så kan man vel med si at den kanskje hadde blitt enda bedre om han ikke ble tatt ut av balanse tiendelet tidligere.  Ingen kunne sagt noe på om han dømte straffe på denne , selv etter headingen.

Rimelig klart og tydelig det bildet der.
Det fikk jeg ikke med meg på TV bildene.
Skjer ganske ofte dessverre men det er rein fusk og kvalifiserer til straffe.
Men for å få med seg det trengs minst 3-4 min VAR sjekk.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #169 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 12:14:50 »
Til dels avslørende stats... :o

LUFCDATA
@LUFCDATA

Leeds 1st half v Sheff Wed:

Succ passes: 161
Final third passes: 33
Pass acc: 77%
Crosses: 0/7
Take-ons: 2
Shots on-target: 1
Chances: 3

Leeds 2nd half v Sheff Wed:

Succ passes: 117
Final third passes: 25
Pass acc: 66%
Crosses: 1/6
Take-ons: 6
Shots on-target: 2
Chances: 5

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #170 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 13:11:46 »

Uenig. Han slapp i tide. Bare se det på video.

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #171 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 13:45:04 »

Phillips slår innimellon noen oj dødballer, men i dag var det labert. Sier mye når han har skuddansvar på fruspard. Det sier ihvertfall alt om de andre. Når Pgmhillips misser gang etter gang mp det være mulig å la andre fp prøve!

Enig, her trengs det fruspard-trening.

ar9

« Svar #172 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 14:53:08 »

Er det en 3 sek regel mener du?
Det er rett og slett ikke lov.

At det kun blåses ved en brøkdel av anledningene er en annen sak.

Her kan det være spillet endrer seg når VAR får satt seg. Da må man i større grad bedømme 0 eller 1.

Eriksen55

« Svar #173 på: Oktober 27, 2019, 15:12:51 »

Jojo. Ok. Spiller vi med 4 bak, så håper jeg at Dallas spiller høyreback, ikke Ayling.

Blank_File

« Svar #174 på: Oktober 28, 2019, 01:04:54 »

Er det en 3 sek regel mener du?
Det er rett og slett ikke lov.

At det kun blåses ved en brøkdel av anledningene er en annen sak.

Her kan det være spillet endrer seg når VAR får satt seg. Da må man i større grad bedømme 0 eller 1.
Siden aldri noen blåser på det så antar jeg at reglene sier noe om det? Bamford blir ikke i denne situasjonen nevneverdig hindret og derfor bør det ikke blåses straffe i kontaktsporten fotball.