Skrevet av Emne: Utlånt spiller: Ian Poveda  (Lest 16438 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Utlånt spiller: Ian Poveda
« på: Januar 24, 2020, 19:33:30 »
Leeds United
@LUFC

#LUFC are delighted to announce the signing of
@IancarloP
 from Premier League side Manchester City

Winger completes transfer.
Leeds United are delighted to announce the signing of Ian Poveda from Premier League champions Manchester City.

The 19-year-old joins the Whites in a permanent deal and has penned a contract at Elland Road until the summer of 2024.

Poveda has played for a number of clubs throughout his youth career, including the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona and Manchester City.

With the Citizens he has featured regularly for their Academy side and has also played in the Football League Trophy for their Under-21 side over the past two seasons.

He leaves the Etihad Stadium having made one senior appearance, which came in last season’s Carabao Cup semi-final second leg victory against Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium.

The winger has also shown plenty of promise on the international stage, having been capped at every youth level by England from Under-16s to Under-20s.

Poveda becomes Leeds’ second signing of the January transfer window, following the arrival of goalkeeper
« Siste redigering: Februar 02, 2024, 14:52:13 av Hallgeir * »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Kato

Sv: Ny spiller: Ian Poveda
« Svar #1 på: Januar 24, 2020, 19:35:41 »
2 down, 1 to go.

Erstatter Clarke. Skal svært lite til at bidraget i forhold til Clarke havner i pluss.

Tenker forholdet Pep - Bielsa slår inn her.
« Siste redigering: Januar 24, 2020, 19:37:52 av Kato »

auren

« Svar #2 på: Januar 24, 2020, 19:36:43 »
Spennende signering, og med draktnr 7 så kan vi ha håp om at han blir en stor spiller for oss

Velkommen Poveda!

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #3 på: Januar 24, 2020, 19:44:42 »
Bare å ønske han velkommen til Leeds :).
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Forever Whites

« Svar #4 på: Januar 24, 2020, 19:58:34 »
Noen som vet overgangssummen?
Medlem 94237

RoarG

« Svar #5 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:01:26 »
Tror det var gratis, dvs. free transfer. Mener å ha lest et sted at kontrakten hans utløp til sommeren. Folk må gjerne korrigere det inntrykket.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

raggen

« Svar #6 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:02:00 »
Velkommen skal han være. spennende og se om han får sjansen umiddelbart eller kjøres inn via u23 kamper og spill der.
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:07:16 »
Tror det var gratis, dvs. free transfer. Mener å ha lest et sted at kontrakten hans utløp til sommeren. Folk må gjerne korrigere det inntrykket.

Graham Smyth
@GrahamSmyth

Permanent signing, on a free transfer.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:17:47 »

Graham Smyth
@GrahamSmyth

...men med liten skrift står det:

Jack Gaughan
@Jack_Gaughan

City side of deal re Poveda to Leeds:
- Free transfer but could hit £1m based on appearances. 
- 30% sell on clause.
- Matching rights if Leeds field a bid in future.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #9 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:26:06 »
Winger on joining the Whites.

New Leeds United winger Ian Poveda spoke exclusively to LUTV after completing his move from Manchester City.

Poveda who has been capped at England youth level finalised his move to Elland Road on Friday and becomes the club’s second signing of the January transfer window.

The 19-year-old who joins the club on a four-and-a-half-year deal spoke about his style of play, what he hopes to achieve with the Whites and the prospect of working with Marcelo Bielsa.

“I’m very, very pleased, I know that Leeds United are a big club,” said Poveda.

“I know Leeds won the league the year before it turned into the Premier League and I believe they should be back there.

“I’m an attacking player, I can play right wing, left wing or in attacking midfield, I like to dribble with the ball, link up the play, score goals, create chances, assist and I work hard for the team.

“I’ve had great experiences at all my previous clubs, I learnt a lot especially when I was away at Barcelona and it’s definitely added to how I am as player.

“I’m very excited to work under Bielsa, I know he improves players and that’s what I’m looking to do under his guidance.

“I met a couple of my teammates when I was going through to have my medical, I’m very happy and they made me feel very welcome.

“I’m here to help the team as much as possible, to get promoted and restore this great club back to where it belongs."

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Eriksen55

« Svar #10 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:27:16 »
2 down, 1 to go.

Erstatter Clarke. Skal svært lite til at bidraget i forhold til Clarke havner i pluss.

Tenker forholdet Pep - Bielsa slår inn her.

Små sko å fylle etter Clarke. Muligens even der!

Bare å ønske velkommen og lykke til!

Pep sluttet å ta han med på treninger pga at han gjentatte ganger kom for sent på trening. Ikke bra og har han holdningsproblemer i City så er det vel rart om Pep anbefaler.

Uansett, nå er han her og det er bare å håpe han slår til.

palle

« Svar #11 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:34:31 »

Graham Smyth
@GrahamSmyth

...men med liten skrift står det:

Jack Gaughan
@Jack_Gaughan

City side of deal re Poveda to Leeds:
- Free transfer but could hit £1m based on appearances. 
- 30% sell on clause.
- Matching rights if Leeds field a bid in future.

Sikkert måten å gjøre det på i disse FFP-tider.

PålK
...ooo, vi vandrar saman...

Bromancer

« Svar #12 på: Januar 24, 2020, 20:49:51 »
Har troa. Så håper jeg at han kan bidra på førstelaget litt brennkvikt!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: Januar 24, 2020, 21:12:36 »
Leeds-Live snakket med folk om hva vi kan forvente av Ian:

'Provides an extra dimension' - Ian Poveda scouting report after Leeds United seal deal for winger
The Manchester City player looks close to making the switch to United, but what can fans expect?

By David Alexander Hughes  18:45, 24 JAN 2020Updated18:48, 24 JAN 2020

Leeds United have completed a move for Manchester City winger Ian Poveda, who has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Elland Road.

The Whites snapped up the winger on a permanent deal as they look to add more bodies in attack following the departure of Jack Clarke, who returned to Tottenham Hotspur earlier this month.
The 19-year-old attracted plenty of interest with the likes of Torino and Hoffenheim, but now Leeds have got their man, what can they expect from the attacker?

Strengths
Poveda has played a number of roles for City and the England under-20 side over the previous seasons, from a box-to-box midfielder, on the wing, an attacker located behind the striker and even a centre-forward. This versatility is an attractive quality of his.

While not particularly defence orientated, he does press the ball well when required to do so and he tends to have a good tactical understanding of where he should position himself when his team are out of possession.

However, it’s his dribbling ability that impresses most. From a sample size of 1,973 minutes from a range of different youth and senior competitions over the course of the previous three seasons, he has averaged a very impressive 14.1 attempted dribbles per 90 minutes with a success rate of 52 per cent.

Standing at 5ft 6in, he isn’t the tallest, but he boasts good physical strength making him hard to knock off the ball. This is further highlighted by the fact he makes an average of 4.38 progressive runs per 90 minutes.

For comparison purposes, Helder Costa has been the Whites’ most frequent dribbler in the league this season, averaging just 6.52 dribbles per 90 minutes with a success rate of 56.35 per cent. He was also one of the most efficient ball carriers, however, his progressive run average of 2.53 is much lower than Poveda’s, albeit with the caveat of facing tougher opposition.

Poveda’s ability with the ball at his feet will often see frustrated opposition defenders bring him down for fouls which provide his side with good set-piece situations - he wins 1.74 fouls per 90 minutes.

Areas to improve
The attacker doesn’t boast a standout scoring record, managing just six goals across that aforementioned sample size of minutes.

Although, it is worth noting his Expected Goal (xG) total in that period was 5.95, suggesting he is converting the chances he should be, which is a good sign.
However, an increase on his rather low average of 1.87 shots per 90 minutes could give a boost to that goal return.

Additionally in that period, he managed just three assists and an registered Expected Assist (xA) total of 4.49.
A reminder xA measures the likelihood a given pass will become a goal assist. It considers several factors including the type of pass, pass end-point and length of the pass.

Therefore, based on the quality of Poveda’s final balls in that period, he would have been expected to record around four or five assists, with poor finishing from team-mates the likely cause for the return of just three.
Still, though, these numbers are unremarkable given recent fellow City loanee Jack Harrison has amassed an xA of 5.52 and registered six assists already this season.

Sitting second in the Championship table and just one point behind leaders West Bromwich Albion, it’s unsurprising to note United lead most of the underlying performance metrics in the division.

They rank first in xG, ball possession, shots taken, crosses attempted, key passes and progressive passes.
However, in terms of 1v1 dribbling, they rank way down in 19th. Some of this can be explained by Marcelo Bielsa’s tactics, with the Argentine favouring a direct and possession-based game utilising quick combination play rather than individual skill.

However, Poveda’s ability to carry the ball from deep and carve open chances through his dribbling ability could provide Leeds with a dimension to their game they don’t currently have.
The above, added with his good tactical understanding, ability to press well without out the ball and all-round positional versatility make him the ideal profile to succeed in a Bielsa side.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/ian-poveda-leeds-united-transfer-17571434
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

leedslife

« Svar #14 på: Januar 24, 2020, 21:15:54 »
Godt at 7eren er på plass.
Bare den berømte spissen igjen så kan vi gyve løs på en tricky februar måned

Dette blir vel det tetteste vi får opp mot Saiz for de som elsket han

Andersen

« Svar #15 på: Januar 24, 2020, 21:19:05 »
Kommer gratis fra Man City , hatt holdnings problemer hos Pep G. Regner med at Bielsa raskt plukker de av guttungen hvis han får samme holdning i Leeds . Kan jo bare shibbe gutten ut døra på Leeds hvis det skjer , gutten kom jo gratis :

Bjorn

« Svar #16 på: Januar 24, 2020, 21:24:13 »
Her ser man hva ord gjør. Sløvt av Hay å gå ut med noe man egentlig kanskje ikke vet mye om og spre ut på nett med så mange følgere. Nå begynner Poveda med bagasje og fans siterer Hays kommentarer.. Hurra.. Gossipmongerer.. Thanks Hay.  ::)
Marching On! 4276

Eriksen55

« Svar #17 på: Januar 24, 2020, 21:45:50 »
Her ser man hva ord gjør. Sløvt av Hay å gå ut med noe man egentlig kanskje ikke vet mye om og spre ut på nett med så mange følgere. Nå begynner Poveda med bagasje og fans siterer Hays kommentarer.. Hurra.. Gossipmongerer.. Thanks Hay.  ::)

Han tar det neppe fra løse luften. Det kan være mange grunner til hvorfor ting har skjedd. Nå er han i Leeds med blanke ark og en mulighet til å forme sin egen karriere. Ã… være skeptisk må det være rom for, samtidig som man ønsker han velkommen og håper det blir dundrende suksess.  :)

Bjorn

« Svar #18 på: Januar 24, 2020, 21:55:55 »

Han tar det neppe fra løse luften. Det kan være mange grunner til hvorfor ting har skjedd. Nå er han i Leeds med blanke ark og en mulighet til å forme sin egen karriere. Ã… være skeptisk må det være rom for, samtidig som man ønsker han velkommen og håper det blir dundrende suksess.  :)

Skjønner det. Ordet mange husker fra denne overgangen er holdningsproblem. Hvem vet egentlig? Om han var misfornøyd med å ta steget ned fra A laget, hva så? Det har han vel all rett til å reagere på. Spørsmålet blir hva han evt har sagt og hvordan han har oppført seg i etterkant som teller. Hvem definerer om det er dårlig holdning eller ei? Mest sannsynlig at det er en liten storm i et vannglass. Satser en hundrings på at det er medieskapt. Velkommen Poveda. Ingen er større enn laget. Husk det.  ;)
Marching On! 4276

Eriksen55

« Svar #19 på: Januar 24, 2020, 22:09:30 »

Skjønner det. Ordet mange husker fra denne overgangen er holdningsproblem. Hvem vet egentlig? Om han var misfornøyd med å ta steget ned fra A laget, hva så? Det har han vel all rett til å reagere på. Spørsmålet blir hva han evt har sagt og hvordan han har oppført seg i etterkant som teller. Hvem definerer om det er dårlig holdning eller ei? Mest sannsynlig at det er en liten storm i et vannglass. Satser en hundrings på at det er medieskapt. Velkommen Poveda. Ingen er større enn laget. Husk det.  ;)

Absolutt. Ingen vet sikkert. Han får uansett muligheten til å vise seg frem nå. Har Bielsa gått hardt inn for å få han, vil han sikkert få sjansen. Håper han tar den ;)

Blir man vraket har man valget mellom å jobbe hardt å vise at avgjørelsen var feil eller sutre. Jeg foretrekker alltid det første. Det viser karakter, og som du sier..ingen er større enn laget! Sier ikke at Poveda har gjort noen av delene. Det var generelt  :)

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #20 på: Januar 25, 2020, 12:47:31 »
Cantona hadde enorme holdningsproblem.............

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #21 på: Januar 25, 2020, 12:48:40 »
Ja, han valgte scum

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #22 på: Januar 25, 2020, 13:01:02 »
Ja, han valgte scum

Han valgte Leeds og ble solgt mot sin vilje ;)

Torpe-do

« Svar #23 på: Januar 25, 2020, 14:35:25 »
Ja, han valgte scum

Hehe  ;D ;D
Sant det! Får ikkje betre eksempel på alvorlege holdningsproblem ;D ;D

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #24 på: Januar 26, 2020, 18:01:26 »

Tom Carnduff
@TomC_22

"Leeds United is an incredible challenge, to be training for one of the best or maybe the best manager in the world..."

I asked Pep Guardiola about Ian Poveda's move to Leeds.  #LUFC

https://twitter.com/steve_wilco/status/1221477182188523521?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #25 på: Februar 03, 2020, 21:26:57 »
Moscowhite har også kopiert inn fra Leeds-Live, noe jeg ikke hadde fått med meg i alle fall:

Leeds Live have also printed the full transcript of last week's chat with Victor Orta, which contains some interesting detail on signing Little Ian: we were back of the queue when we first went for him:

Last January we start to evaluate the possibility. It was really open. Then he start to grow, grow, grow and reach the level of the first team playing in City in friendlies in pre-season. Then in a moment I feel we are losing him because perhaps in this level the next step for him is different from Leeds United.

Then happened the situation with the contract, his family decide to sign or not sign. Then with a lot of insistence, we start the race. To be honest, when I started the race we are in the bottom position because my feeling is he wanted to be in Germany or Italy because his agent has a lot of connections in Germany and Italy. With a lot of work behind, with a lot of meetings, with a lot of phone calls, with a lot of explanations of the club, I need to be really grateful to Txiki Begiristain (Manchester City director of football), who made this easy and helped me like workmate, like a friend. I am really grateful to him.

We start to pass other teams and the family and the player feel our security to convince he can be a success here. This spirit, this security, changes his first opinion to go abroad.

Victor was also quite bold on the social media heat that increases in January, and how it's impossible for the club to give all the information fans demand:

This is not Football Manager. This is not FIFA. The club cannot give explanations, even considered illegal, about what’s happened because one deal is not working or is not close. It’s a lot of people involved, but can only say about Leeds United, in all my periods of market, here, from the last person in the office to the chairman, all are involved to improve Leeds United, to bring the best players for Leeds United. Then we can make our job, make 21 calls, take six flights in two days, but then things don’t happen - more times it’s out of our control.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

jaho

« Svar #26 på: Februar 04, 2020, 00:18:28 »
Moscowhite har også kopiert inn fra Leeds-Live, noe jeg ikke hadde fått med meg i alle fall:

Leeds Live have also printed the full transcript of last week's chat with Victor Orta, which contains some interesting detail on signing Little Ian: we were back of the queue when we first went for him:

Last January we start to evaluate the possibility. It was really open. Then he start to grow, grow, grow and reach the level of the first team playing in City in friendlies in pre-season. Then in a moment I feel we are losing him because perhaps in this level the next step for him is different from Leeds United.

Then happened the situation with the contract, his family decide to sign or not sign. Then with a lot of insistence, we start the race. To be honest, when I started the race we are in the bottom position because my feeling is he wanted to be in Germany or Italy because his agent has a lot of connections in Germany and Italy. With a lot of work behind, with a lot of meetings, with a lot of phone calls, with a lot of explanations of the club, I need to be really grateful to Txiki Begiristain (Manchester City director of football), who made this easy and helped me like workmate, like a friend. I am really grateful to him.

We start to pass other teams and the family and the player feel our security to convince he can be a success here. This spirit, this security, changes his first opinion to go abroad.

Victor was also quite bold on the social media heat that increases in January, and how it's impossible for the club to give all the information fans demand:

This is not Football Manager. This is not FIFA. The club cannot give explanations, even considered illegal, about what’s happened because one deal is not working or is not close. It’s a lot of people involved, but can only say about Leeds United, in all my periods of market, here, from the last person in the office to the chairman, all are involved to improve Leeds United, to bring the best players for Leeds United. Then we can make our job, make 21 calls, take six flights in two days, but then things don’t happen - more times it’s out of our control.

En fin gløtt bak kulissene.. :) Så bare deler av kampen i dag, men var en del positivt, ynes han viste eg mer en Augustin, litt overdreven kjæling med ball kanskje, men bør få nytte av denne gutten!

Leedsfan

« Svar #27 på: Februar 09, 2020, 17:20:49 »
Kunne denne karen være løsningen på, etter min mening, vårt største problem, nemlig 10'er rollen?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Eriksen55

« Svar #28 på: Februar 09, 2020, 17:49:21 »
Kunne denne karen være løsningen på, etter min mening, vårt største problem, nemlig 10'er rollen?

Vi har ikke et problem der i følge Bielsa. Han har jo utbrodert dette flere ganger. Må lese den informasjonen som ligger ute. Når kilden sier at vi har nok 10'ere, så er det sånn  ;) ;)

Jeg håper han kan være et alternativ. Spørsmålet er det defensive..men neppe dårligere enn Pablo der. Syntes Poveda ser mer lovende ut enn jeg trodde..men syntes han ser litt bortkommen ut på de omgangene han har spilt på u23. Tror 10ern vår kunne briljert mer offensivt om han kunne konsa mer på det offensive.

Leedsfan

« Svar #29 på: Februar 09, 2020, 18:05:26 »

Vi har ikke et problem der i følge Bielsa. Han har jo utbrodert dette flere ganger. Må lese den informasjonen som ligger ute. Når kilden sier at vi har nok 10'ere, så er det sånn  ;) ;)

Jeg håper han kan være et alternativ. Spørsmålet er det defensive..men neppe dårligere enn Pablo der. Syntes Poveda ser mer lovende ut enn jeg trodde..men syntes han ser litt bortkommen ut på de omgangene han har spilt på u23. Tror 10ern vår kunne briljert mer offensivt om han kunne konsa mer på det offensive.

Jeg mener fortsatt at vi ikke har vært det samme laget uten Saiz, begynner å bli en stund siden!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.