Skrevet av Emne: Spiller: Joe Gelhardt  (Lest 17958 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

auren

Spiller: Joe Gelhardt
« på: August 10, 2020, 21:02:28 »
« Siste redigering: Mars 02, 2021, 15:57:19 av Hallgeir * »
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

auren

Sv: Ny spiller: Joe Gelhardt
« Svar #1 på: August 10, 2020, 21:04:25 »
Gelhardt signeres sannsynligvis for rundt 1 million pund på en 4-årskontrakt.

Striker on joining Leeds United.
New Leeds United striker Joe Gelhardt spoke to LUTV after completing his move to Elland Road from Wigan Athletic.

The 18-year-old has signed a four-year contract with the Whites after joining the Latics for an undisclosed fee.

Gelhardt, who featured 19 times in all competitions for Wigan last season, is thrilled to have completed his move to Elland Road.

“When I heard Leeds were interested I was made up,” said Gelhardt.

“It’s a massive club and going into the Premier League now, hopefully I can kick on as a player and help the team make some very good memories.

“I’ve watched Leeds a few times on television and the side play with a very high intensity and don’t stop working until the 90th minute, I think that suits my style of play and I like working hard.

“I like scoring goals and being creative and I’m not scared to take on an opponent, of course I’ve still got a lot to develop as a player, but Marcelo Bielsa he is a great manager and hopefully I can develop under him.

“I’ve seen a few young players come through the ranks at Leeds, Tom Pearce was at Wigan with me and he told me a lot about the club which helped me a lot and it was a big factor for me.

“As a child you dream of playing in the Premier League, it’s the best league in the world and hopefully I will get the chance to do that this season.

“It’s a proud moment for me and my family, they’ve been pushing me to do it and I wanted to do it, so we’re all really happy it’s done.”

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26893/joe-gelhardt-it-s-a-massive-club

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #2 på: August 10, 2020, 21:16:20 »
Focus On Leeds så denne komme så han har forberedt seg :)

https://focusonleeds.com/2020/07/21/joe-gelhardt-why-are-leeds-so-keen-on-the-wigan-forward/

Joe Gelhardt: Why are Leeds so keen on the Wigan forward?
 FocusOnLeeds  General Football Articles, Leeds United Articles  July 21, 2020 4 Minutes
Over the past week Leeds United have been heavily linked with the signing of Joe Gelhardt from Wigan with the club believed to have met with him and his agent yesterday for talks. The Liverpool born Striker who joined Wigan in 2013 made his Wigan debut in April 2019 against Birmingham City and has since gone on to play twenty times for Wigans first team, scoring one goal.

Despite only scoring one goal for the first team, at youth level for Wigan and England he hasn’t struggled to find the net. Across his combined 24 appearances at U16s, U17s, and U18s football for England, he has found the net on eleven occasions (Transfermarkt). His skill set stretches beyond just being a poacher and in fact has played more as a number 10 or a wide player for Wigan. He likes to drop deep in order to find space and then look to pass the ball forward or look to work room for a shot on goal. Below is a great example of him finding space, shifting the ball onto his stronger left foot before finding the top corner.

He is only 5ft 10 and does lack real pace however has a stocky build and is hard to knock off the ball. Physically he is well developed and hasn’t struggled with the demanding conditions of championship football, as the clip below demonstrates.

Not only has he been able to hold his own physically, he’s showed that he’s got a creative side to his game, particularly when working the ball onto his left foot. He does well to roll the challenge here before finding a perfectly waited through ball, highlighting his vision and his strength.

When you combine this with his dribbling ability and positivity on the ball, he’s hard to stop once he gets going. He’s only 18 but shows real confidence when on the pitch, as you can see here against Nottingham Forest. He picks the ball up on the right and his first thought is to drive into the box and wins a penalty for his side.

All the above examples show exactly what Gelhardt is all about. For his age he has a great awareness of what’s around him and does well to bring his team mates into the game. In the 419 minutes he has played this season in the championship, has created 7 chances, completed 16 dribbles (53%) and made 60 accurate passes (67%). You would like to see his passing accuracy be higher but it is a small sample size and there are other aspects like Wigan’s style of play that would influence this. Although these stats aren’t amazing, he does play in a Wigan team that don’t score many and has mainly been used as a sub. If you take a look at his heat map for the season, you can see that despite mainly playing as a secondary striker or as a number 10, he likes to operate in the half space a lot. 

2019/20 Season heatmap via SofaScore
The half space is the area he managed to score his only senior goal from. He received the ball, turned really smartly before eventually smashing it past Hull City’s keeper.

In terms of areas for improvement, he’s only 5ft 10 which means that aerial he doesn’t win much and is more of a ball into feet striker, which of course suits Leeds as we don’t play long anyway. He is only 18 so he could still potentially grow, but even if he doesn’t I don’t think its something to be concerned with. Over time he’ll learn to find space away from players rather than directly competing with them. He is also not naturally fast, his acceleration is good but across 30-40 meters not as good. This is something I feel could be improved slightly with a tailored training program as we’ve seen with the first team, who under Bielsa are all 5-10 yards sharper. There are other areas like decision making, positioning and a few Wigan fans have commented that his fitness isn’t the best but all things will get better as he gains more experience.

Despite only playing just under 500 minutes for Wigan, his emergence has brought the attention of a lot of premier league clubs with Liverpool and Everton linked in the past and Leeds and Leicester currently heavily linked. Who ever lands the signature is getting themselves a talented player with a high ceiling at what is looking like a reduce fee due to Wigans finical problems. You would expect that he’d come in as an under 23 player given his little experience, but will train with the first team and look to make a few appearances in cup games or as a sub. I hope you enjoyed this article, its only a brief report as the footage available of Joe is limited. If the deal does happen, then I’ll look to do an updated article after I’ve seen Joe play more games.

Written by Thomas Wilson

@FocusOnLeeds

This website is solely run by one person and is a non profiting website that requires time and money to run. This is along with an active twitter account that posts videos, stats and opinions daily that consumes a lot of time. If any of you guys wish to donate and help support the website/twitter account then you can do here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GLEVWSLFD2NK2&source=url
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #3 på: August 10, 2020, 23:14:32 »
Denne signeringen kan jeg like :). Velkommen til klubben skal du være, Joe. Spennende at vi snappet han foran nesa på Merseyside-gigantene. Spilleren er tross alt fra Liverpool.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 på: August 11, 2020, 09:13:27 »
I present to you Lynne Gelhardt, mamma på twitter. Forhåpentligvis mer som mor til Bartley og mindre som mor til Grimes :D :D :D

lynne gelhardt  @lynnegelhardt
mother of 2 gorgeous boys Joffy and Daniel

Joffy er altså 'vår Joe Gelhardt' :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #5 på: August 11, 2020, 20:36:23 »
Dersom Gelhardt selges i løpet av 3-års perioden er Wigan sikret en 20% videresalgsklausul.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletics-sell-clause-joe-gelhardts-leeds-united-deal-revealed-2939269
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Hallgeir *

« Svar #6 på: August 11, 2020, 20:52:58 »
Dersom Gelhardt selges i løpet av 3-års perioden er Wigan sikret en 20% videresalgsklausul.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletics-sell-clause-joe-gelhardts-leeds-united-deal-revealed-2939269

Slike klausuler i kontraktene er vel ganske vanlige, og det er jo viktig å ha sjansen til å tjene litt ekstra der det er mulig.
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: September 04, 2020, 19:16:47 »
'He’s explosive and powerful' - the inside story on Leeds United's Joe Gelhardt from those who know him
The Whites landed the highly-rated forward last month.
By Joe Urquhart  Friday, 4th September 2020, 6:00 am

It is due to an unfortunate circumstance at Wigan Athletic that Joe Gelhardt finds himself as a Leeds United player.

The highly-rated 18-year-old had a long list of suitors and a wealth of options to choose from last month, but decided his future was best placed with Leeds United by putting pen to paper on a four-year contract at Elland Road.

The Whites appealed most for a player who saw the bigger picture, selecting a club and head coach known for their reliance and belief in giving youth a chance.

Gelhardt, who joined Wigan at the age of 10, arrived in West Yorkshire with a growing reputation in the game and it hasn’t taken long for those behind the four walls of Thorp Arch to realise why.

The England youth international is just a month into life with Leeds, but is already said to be making a huge impression with his new club.

The forward made his debut for the Latics in August 2018 aged just 16, before taking on a larger role in Paul Cook’s squad last term.

Two starts and 16 substitute appearances followed as the youngster shot to prominence by grabbing his first goal for the club last September against Hull City.

His impact was swift at the KCOM, finding the back of the net three minutes after his introduction to earn his side a hard-fought point.

Those who know ‘Joffy’ say it is a trait he has always possessed; the ability to shock and surprise.

“I remember one junior game against Huddersfield, after 15 minutes, one of the coaches said: ‘Joffy could get 10 here’,” recalled Kenny Williams, Wigan’s head of academy recruitment.

“And he did. We won something like 10-7 and he scored the lot! I’ve still got his boots and shirt from that game, as a nice little memento.

“Their manager came over afterwards and said: ‘We’re actually a good side. He’s some player that lad’.”

Comparisons of Wayne Rooney quickly reared their head as the Liverpool-born striker continued to make a serious impact with his feet in the academy set-up.

“I think it is because he is of similar stature, similar size,” Gregor Rioch, Wigan’s academy manager told the YEP.

“He’s explosive and powerful. He likes to dribble and he can score a range of goals. He can always catch you by surprise and make you put your hand over your mouth in disbelief, so that’s where it probably comes from.

“If you’re going to get the best out of Joe you’ll put him through the middle in some capacity. He likes stretching the opposition, keeping them back.”

It says as much to Gelhardt’s nature that he swiftly donated to Wigan’s fundraising effort, as the club who gave him a footballing platform continue their search for a buyer.

Perhaps, though, it is his character that also provides an explanation as to his quick influence at Leeds.

“He’s not a nervous type of character in the slightest,” Rioch continued.

“He’s a very confident but humble kid. One of the proudest parts of Joe is how we’ve helped develop him as a person.

“He loves playing football. When he finishes training he’s often seen in the park at the back of where he lived playing with his little brother.

“It doesn’t matter whether it’s against Premier League teams or against his brother’s mates, he just loves playing football.

“When you have that as an intrinsic characteristic it’s a great platform to work from.”

Gelhardt has swapped a kick around with his friends and family for the guidance of world-renowned head coach Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds.

He has opted to fulfil his ambitions in LS11, and it seems there is no better fit.

“I think Bielsa has got a reputation and so much experience in different countries,” Rioch added.

“It will be wonderful for Joffy to work with Bielsa and for him to get the best out of him at this age where he still has a lot of learning to do and a lot of growth to come.

“He’s now got to establish himself as a player that has to get more games. That’s going to be his challenge as an 18-year-old. He’s young and the good thing about Leeds United is that they’ve given him a lengthy contract.

“It’s not necessarily about what he does in the next six months, it’s over the period of the next three to four years.

“He’s had a great foundation from Paul Cook at Wigan and that next step for him is to play against better players which will be fantastic for him.

“He’ll embrace it and take it in his stride. Leeds is a fantastic football club. It’s a giant and it’s back where it belongs.

"Over the years you only have to look down the corridors at the training ground to see the players who have come through. The way they have developed players over the years has been incredible.

“He goes with our blessing because he has been an incredible player for us and we’ll always keep an eye out for him.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/hes-explosive-and-powerful-inside-story-leeds-uniteds-joe-gelhardt-those-who-know-him-2961119
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Januar 19, 2021, 11:51:46 »
Pope twitrer at han har hørt at Gelhardt ikke er skadet.

Da er covid det neste sannsynlige alternativet (all den tid man vet at klubben ikke kommenterer slike saker)...

Han har likevel vært borte så lenge at han kanskje kan klare neste U23-kamp?

https://motleedsnews.com/players/im-told-adam-pope-delivers-update-on-joe-gelhardt-after-striker-missing-since-christmas/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: Januar 27, 2021, 18:41:37 »
Paradoksalt nok er dette godt å lese...

Lufcyouth
@leedsutdacademy

According to  @footyinsider247  Leeds United have rejected multiple loan approaches from Championship clubs for Joe Gelhardt, with manager Marcelo Bielsa insistent the 18 year old attacker continues his development at Thorp Arch

Fra å ha spilt (med suksess) for Wigan i Championship til aldri å ha vært i kamptropp for a-laget  til Leeds (unntaket var vel ligacupen i høst) - jeg vil tro det er skuffende for Joffy.

Riktignok er det vel skade el lignende som har gjort at han har vært ute av bildet i det siste. Men jeg ser for meg at han føler seg klar for høyere nivå enn U23-2.divisjonsfotball...

Hadde bare Joffy fått INNPASS blant de store gutta :o   
(Ja jeg vet at han trener masse sammen med de...)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: Februar 10, 2021, 18:46:22 »
Joffy var endelig på benken i forrige kamp.

Dette er en reportasje som er vanskelig å plassere, det handler om Greenwood såvel som Pablo, men mest om Joffy. Så here goes...

Bielsas tanker rundt Joseph Paul Gelhardt.

Pablo Hernandez' latest injury reveals where Marcelo Bielsa sees 'dangerous' Joe Gelhardt in Leeds United pecking order
Pablo Hernandez’ latest injury has revealed where Marcelo Bielsa sees Joe Gelhardt in the Leeds United pecking order.
By Graham Smyth  Tuesday, 9th February 2021, 4:44 pm

When the Spanish magician fell victim to a minor muscle problem in the Whites’ final football session in preparation for the visit of Crystal Palace, Bielsa turned to 18-year-old Gelhardt to give him the required attacking options on the bench.

It was the former Wigan Athletic youngster’s first involvement in a Premier League squad and came on the back of another impressive Under-23s display a day earlier.

Gelhardt scored two to help Mark Jackson’s side beat their Middlesbrough counterparts 4-2 and took his Premier League 2 tally for the season to seven. But his performances in the 23s before Sunday’s win had already impressed Bielsa.

“Prior to the game [on Sunday] he had been one of the better players in the 23s,” said the head coach, who revealed that Jackson suggested Gelhardt for Monday’s squad.

“Given the absence of Pablo, Tyler could play as a number 10 or as a striker and the same for Gelhardt.

“I follow every 23s game closely and we constantly ask for advice from their manager.

“He suggested we think of Gelhardt and we thought it was a correct recommendation.”

Gelhardt was signed last summer from Wigan having already tasted men’s football with the Latics, playing 19 times in the Championship and making FA Cup and EFL Cup debuts during Paul Cook’s tenure at the DW Stadium.

First team opportunities had eluded the England youth international at Elland Road until this week but Bielsa had previously spoken of his progress, along with fellow new boy and friend Sam Greenwood.

“They have been playing well to deserve minutes,” he said earlier in the season after Greenwood and a number of 23s prospects were involved in the FA Cup game at Crawley.

Since their arrival last summer Gelhardt and Greenwood have both caught the imagination of fans and pundits alike with their performances up front and in attacking midfield for Jackson’s 23s.

Bielsa considers them interchangeable in the forward positions.

“Gelhardt is a player who when he is close to the box he is very dangerous and Greenwood is a player who has a lot of capacity to arrive into the free spaces,” he said in December.

“They can play with either Gelhardt in front and Greenwood in behind or the other way around.”

Hernandez' injury is not a serious one and Bielsa said his omission from the squad was precautionary.

"Pablo in the last football session we had picked up a minor muscular injury," said the Argentine.

"Although the injury was only a minor one it was better he didn't play today as a precaution."

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/pablo-hernandez-latest-injury-reveals-where-marcelo-bielsa-sees-dangerous-joe-gelhardt-leeds-united-pecking-order-3129458
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: Februar 18, 2021, 13:45:31 »
Hay's done it again

https://theathletic.co.uk/2383702/2021/02/18/greenwood-and-gelhardt-two-friends-fighting-it-out-to-make-it-as-leeds-no-9/

The problem with Gelhardt at Wigan was that he never caused a problem. He excelled at every age level and, in the words of Wigan’s former coach Nick Chadwick, “he never failed to affect a game”. There were goals, there were assists and there was nothing in the way of a noticeable dip in his form. Wigan’s staff wondered how best to teach Gelhardt about managing adversity because adversity did not seem to find him.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

ibster

« Svar #12 på: Februar 18, 2021, 13:55:09 »
Når får vi se denne gutten i aksjon?! Var jo bombesikker på at Bogusz skulle være en del av førstelaget nå... han er utlånt. Håper ikke det samme skjer med Joffy. Vi trenger freske folk i 10er rollen.

RoarG

« Svar #13 på: Februar 18, 2021, 14:03:38 »
Gelhardt "blown away" av Bielsa. Sistnevntes treningsmetoder han fått Mr. Gelhardt ned i vekt. Håper vi snart får se han på banen.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/leeds-united-news/leeds-united-phil-hay-marcelo-bielsa-joe-gelhardt-victor-orta-transfer-wigan-elland-road-premier-league-academy-news-update/

Eriksen55

« Svar #14 på: Februar 18, 2021, 18:57:14 »
Når får vi se denne gutten i aksjon?! Var jo bombesikker på at Bogusz skulle være en del av førstelaget nå... han er utlånt. Håper ikke det samme skjer med Joffy. Vi trenger freske folk i 10er rollen.

Tror Bogusz skal være glad for utlån. Spiller jevnlig på et høyere nivå enn u23. Å sitte på benken på førstelaget  blir man ikke god av. Han er 2 år yngre enn Shack, så  Bogusz får nok sjansen.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: Februar 25, 2021, 16:55:59 »
Lufcyouth
@leedsutdacademy

🗣Patrick Bamford on Joe Gelhardt:

“Joffy is going to be good, he reminds me, I don’t want to say the same level of Rooney, but he’s the same sort of build that Rooney was, a stocky lad, great finisher.”  #LUFC
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

ibster

Sv: Spiller: Joe Gelhardt
« Svar #16 på: April 06, 2021, 22:18:53 »
Joffy er blandt de nominerte til månedens spiller i PL2.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2081150

Debuterer med scoring mot shitty?  8)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #17 på: April 08, 2021, 17:28:40 »
Denne greia fra Thorp Arch har gått rundene på twitter siste dagene :)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1380038872688697344
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #18 på: April 08, 2021, 17:56:12 »
Denne greia fra Thorp Arch har gått rundene på twitter siste dagene :)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1380038872688697344

Og så fra midtstreken, gitt!  :o
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #19 på: Mai 04, 2021, 16:52:46 »
Nå NITTEN :)

Det gratuleres.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #20 på: Mai 21, 2021, 22:34:29 »
Wow, Skrill har fått Joffy i tale! :)

Joe Gelhardt reveals Marcelo Bielsa pep talk on where he can improve
Joe Gelhardt has designs on becoming a first-team squad regular for Leeds United next season and the talented forward has opened up on the conversations he has held with Marcelo Bielsa over how he can continue to improve.

Gelhardt has had exposure with the seniors this season after an excellent first season with the club's U23s and he revealed a conversation with Bielsa as the Leeds boss encouraged the youngster to start making more runs in behind opposition defences to improve his chances of getting even more action next term.

"I'm a player who likes to get on the ball, drop low, and try to dribble past a player," he told Skrill, partners of the football club.

"What the manager's told me is I need to add more in-behind runs to my game – short, sharp, and more sprints.

"I've tried to take that on board as much as I can, and I've tried to implement it. He's a great manager with young players so everything he says you've got to take it on board."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-news-gelhardt-bielsa-20653643
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #21 på: Juli 06, 2021, 18:19:06 »
Fantastisk om han mener det!

Adam Pope
@apopey

"It was a tough step up"

Leeds United striker Joe Gelhardt says it was a productive 1st year with the U23s after moving from Wigan Athletic.
https://bbc.in/3qR01IH  #lufc #bbcfootball

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #22 på: Juli 06, 2021, 18:23:58 »

Adam Pope
@apopey

"It was a tough step up"

Leeds United striker Joe Gelhardt says it was a productive 1st year with the U23s after moving from Wigan Athletic.

Må si eg LIKER ydmykheten han fremviser... (bare ikke på banen :D )
LUFC Academy Central
@LUFCacademynews

Second interview with Joffy I've heard and I've been really impressed by how well he speaks both times.

Spoke about how much he's learned under the 'genius' Bielsa, training with the first team, being patient for his first team chance and feeling sharp ahead of the new season.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Woody

« Svar #23 på: Juli 07, 2021, 08:20:01 »

Adam Pope
@apopey

"It was a tough step up"

LUFC Academy Central
@LUFCacademynews

Second interview with Joffy I've heard and I've been really impressed by how well he speaks both times.

Spoke about how much he's learned under the 'genius' Bielsa, training with the first team, being patient for his first team chance and feeling sharp ahead of the new season.

Han får nok sine muligheter i år
LIFE IS LEEDS

ibster

« Svar #24 på: Juli 07, 2021, 15:08:09 »

Adam Pope
@apopey

"It was a tough step up"

LUFC Academy Central
@LUFCacademynews

Han får nok sine muligheter i år

Jeg håper Joffy er grunnen til at klubben/Bielsa ikke stresser med å finne en skikkelig 10er.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #25 på: Juli 10, 2021, 10:02:18 »
Endelig har Smyth fått kloa i en av spillerne og fått til et lengre intervju! :)

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/i-lost-about-eight-kilograms-leeds-united-prospect-joe-gelhardt-on-dramatic-changes-marcelo-bielsas-genius-and-next-season-3301490

Heldigvis er det en godt fornøyd 8 kilo lettere enn da han ankom Joffy vi møter, som innser det blir mest U23-fotball også kommende sesong

He's excited for what's to come in the Premier League 2 top tier and what might follow, if his hard work, changes and learning continues.

"I can't wait to be fair, taking on the best teams in England at our age group," he said.

"I think we'll hold our own and I think we should do well.

"With a bit of hard work, hopefully [I'll make a debut]. If I keep my head down, knuckle down and be patient and if I impress the manager, do well in the sessions and I'm fit enough, then hopefully.

"That's the aim isn't it? Maybe a few times on the bench, and to make a debut would be a kid's dream wouldn't it?"
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #26 på: Juli 11, 2021, 12:05:23 »
Bare for å vise at familien Gelhardt, Joffy har vært i Wigan siden han var ti...
Men nå er det Leeds som gjelder, her har vi mamma Joffy

https://twitter.com/lynnegelhardt/status/1414158829361713153?s=20
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Cannavaro

« Svar #27 på: September 06, 2021, 21:22:44 »
England U20 med 4 Leeds-spillere knuste Romania idag med 6-1 og Gelhardt scoret to etter å ha kommet inn fra benken.  Dette er et klart styrketegn for akademiet i Leeds, selv om ikke alle har gått trinnene i vår klubb.  Vi tiltrekker oss talenter - det er oppløftende for fremtiden, og noen av disse vil nok få teste seg på førstelaget forhåpentligvis etterhvert.  På U21 landslaget er Charlie Cresswell vår representant.
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

gekon17

« Svar #28 på: September 06, 2021, 22:54:59 »
England U20 med 4 Leeds-spillere knuste Romania idag med 6-1 og Gelhardt scoret to etter å ha kommet inn fra benken.  Dette er et klart styrketegn for akademiet i Leeds, selv om ikke alle har gått trinnene i vår klubb.  Vi tiltrekker oss talenter - det er oppløftende for fremtiden, og noen av disse vil nok få teste seg på førstelaget forhåpentligvis etterhvert.  På U21 landslaget er Charlie Cresswell vår representant.
Scoret han ikke tre?

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #29 på: September 06, 2021, 23:13:40 »
Scoret han ikke tre?

Han ble fratatt sitt første, dvs en annen fikk det målet litt senere.

Til gjengjeld avsluttet han kampen som kaptein - i debuten sin. :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan