Skrevet av Emne: SKJEBNEKAMPEN: vs. Luton Town  (Lest 43384 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Frode

Re: SKJEBNEKAMPEN: vs. Luton Town
« Svar #30 på: Mars 07, 2007, 21:32:58 »
Er ikke Kandol suspendert?

kjelvi

« Svar #31 på: Mars 08, 2007, 23:25:48 »
Newell: Pressure is on Leeds
Town boss prepares for vital relegation clash

Hatters boss Mike Newell believes the pressure will be more on Leeds when Luton travel to Elland Road for a vital relegation clash this weekend.
Town's visit to the Championship's bottom side has been given extra spice by United skipper ex-Hatter Kevin Nicholls having been dropped from the Whites team after expressing his desire to return to Kenilworth Road.
The visitors also have Matthew Spring and Watford loan man Clarke Carlisle making a return to their ex-club.
Ticket prices have been slashed in order to ensure a bumper crowd for the vital encounter, but Newell believes the greater tension could be felt by the hosts.
He said: "With the situation they're in at the moment, I wouldn't expect the crowd to get on their backs – they need all the help they can possibly get.
"It's a massive game for them.
"I'm not going to be drawn into a situation where I'm talking about Leeds; we need to get our own house in order because we're in a precarious position ourselves.
"But anybody looking at the game would know that the pressure is on Leeds United on Saturday to win the game."
Newell has already spoken of the importance of his team not losing, but he said: "I don't ever regard games as must win or must not lose – we try to win every game.
"It's important we don't concede any ground to Leeds or anybody else that we have to play below us in the next few weeks.
"It's important we don't get beat, but we set out not to get beat every week.
"It's in our own hands, but we have to start winning games. It's no good saying 'it's in our own hands' and not doing anything about it.
"It's a big game, but it always will be when you go to a place like Leeds United.
"It makes no difference with the predicament that they're in. It's still a big game."
The clash has been given extra interest due to Newell's loan bid for ex-player Nicholls which caused the player to be stripped of his captaincy at Leeds after the 28-year-old admitted he wanted to return to his former club.
United boss Dennis Wise has flatly refused Nicholls a return to Hatters, with many believing the club would not want to transfer an influential player to their relegation rivals.
But on this point Newell said: "My understanding is they've offered him on loan to QPR and as far as I know they're in the same position as us."
As for Carlisle and Spring's return to Elland Road, Newell said: "It doesn't really make any difference to me that it's an old club for him (Carlisle) or Springy.
"It's a big game and we're sure that anybody who plays or who figures will be totally focused on what we're trying to do. It's nothing to do with Leeds or who used to play there."
Luton expect to welcome back captain Chris Coyne to the squad, but Russ Perrett is a doubt after picking up a knock in training.
The only other longer-term absentees are Paul Underwood, Sam Parkin and Ahmet Brkovic.

berlin

« Svar #32 på: Mars 08, 2007, 23:40:01 »
Leeds kommer trolig til å gå ut "firing on all their sylinders". Da gjelder det å omsette de sjansene de får i mål.
Bakover får man bare håpe at de denne kampen har mer flaks, for de er jo ikke dyktige.
Jeg tror vi vinner, men med en liten frykt for uavgjort, som bare er bittelitt bedre enn å tape.
Seier her og borte mot Luton, blir Southend-kampen dem datoen hvor vi kan ta et langt steg mot fortsatt CCC-status.

venadis

« Svar #33 på: Mars 09, 2007, 01:40:45 »
Av de seks bunnlagene har vi absolutt den enkleste motstand til helgen og har igjen en gylden mulighet til å kneppe inn på forspranget. Håper virkelig vi griper sjansen nå[}:)]

Dennis

« Svar #34 på: Mars 09, 2007, 01:55:47 »
Vi slår Luton! Denne helga er jeg optimist!

- Dennis
Marching on together!

jokern

« Svar #35 på: Mars 09, 2007, 05:44:21 »
Nok en gang har jeg stor tro på seier....

Kanskje slår det til denne gangen????

kongsmo

« Svar #36 på: Mars 09, 2007, 05:53:44 »
er sikker på seier før hver kamp jeg, er ikke så ofte det slår til nå lenger

men mot luton derimot er jeg helt sikker, det bare blir seier...

"SNIFFER"
"SNIFFER"

veteranen

• Gjest
« Svar #37 på: Mars 09, 2007, 06:10:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by venadis

Av de seks bunnlagene har vi absolutt den enkleste motstand til helgen og har igjen en gylden mulighet til å kneppe inn på forspranget. Håper virkelig vi griper sjansen nå[}:)]

Mener å ha lest at også Luton møter en forholdsvis enkel motstander til helgen... [:)]

kjelvi

« Svar #38 på: Mars 09, 2007, 08:03:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by Papi

quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Da er det klart - kona tar med seg ungene med kompiser på hytta lørdag, så far er klar for den store kampen.
Hadde du holdt deg på vestlandet nærmare sagt sogn hadde eg komme me ein kasse eg og;)

I`d rather walk alone

Walk Tall!

GeirO

« Svar #39 på: Mars 09, 2007, 13:49:21 »
quote:
Originally posted by veteranen

quote:
[brAv de seks bunnlagene har vi absolutt den enkleste motstand til helgen [/b]og har igjen en gylden mulighet til å kneppe inn på forspranget. Håper virkelig vi griper sjansen nå[}:)]

Mener å ha lest at også Luton møter en forholdsvis enkel motstander til helgen... [:)][/b]

[:D][:D]Det har jeg også hørt[:D][:D]

Eller, som Kjelvi er inne på, ordet skjebnekamp er blitt en klisje, men nå utover tror jeg vi kan begynne å ta i bruk uttrykket skjebnekamp. Tror denne kampen er uhyrlig viktig. Tap her ser det ILLE ut. Småviktig kamp, detta!

MOT

pedro

« Svar #40 på: Mars 09, 2007, 15:44:18 »
Vanskelig å spille mot oss selv, er det ikke[8D] Etter oss er vel Luton rimelig lost og blr følgelig den enkleste motstander for oss.

PS Jeg er Venadis hjemme og Pedro på jobben[;)]
quote:
Originally posted by GeirO

quote:
Originally posted by veteranen

quote:
[brAv de seks bunnlagene har vi absolutt den enkleste motstand til helgen [/b]og har igjen en gylden mulighet til å kneppe inn på forspranget. Håper virkelig vi griper sjansen nå[}:)]

Mener å ha lest at også Luton møter en forholdsvis enkel motstander til helgen... [:)][/b]

[:D][:D]Det har jeg også hørt[:D][:D]

Eller, som Kjelvi er inne på, ordet skjebnekamp er blitt en klisje, men nå utover tror jeg vi kan begynne å ta i bruk uttrykket skjebnekamp. Tror denne kampen er uhyrlig viktig. Tap her ser det ILLE ut. Småviktig kamp, detta!

Leedsomaniac

kjelvi

« Svar #41 på: Mars 09, 2007, 16:19:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by GeirO
Tror denne kampen er uhyrlig viktig. Tap her ser det ILLE ut. Småviktig kamp, detta!

Er redd for at dette er selveste skjebnekampen!
Tap her = Div. 1

kjelvi

« Svar #42 på: Mars 09, 2007, 16:45:42 »
New boy backed
Assistant boss Brian Stein is backing new loan signing Clarke Carlisle to make an impact in his spell at Kenilworth Road.  
The big centre-half is pushing for a place in the starting line up when the Hatters travel to his former club Leeds United on Saturday.
"He has a presence at the back, and he is very tough," Stein said. "You need men in our situation, and he certainly falls into that category.
"He will be a good acquisition for us.
"He is a powerhouse, he is comfortable on the ball and he is a good organiser."

kjelvi

« Svar #43 på: Mars 09, 2007, 16:50:17 »
Poyet: Wednesday defeat forgotten
Gus Poyet insists Leeds have put last weekend's defeat against Sheffield Wednesday behind them to focus on victory against Luton on Saturday
Assistant manager Poyet has labelled the visit of relegation rivals Luton as a "must-win" game and called on the fans to rally behind their struggling side at Elland Road.
"The week started with the disappointment of losing, but that changed quite quickly," Poyet told the club's official website.
"We had a couple of good training sessions at the start of the week which the players enjoyed and I think when you enjoy you forget.
"And we are now ready for Saturday. It is a big, big game and we have to win.
"We ask the supporters to get behind us - their support will be massive."

kjelvi

« Svar #44 på: Mars 09, 2007, 16:53:14 »

Fra: http://www.luton.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=55882

Leeds v Luton preview

Saturday sees the first of two very big games for Luton Town if they are to retain Championship status this season.
Rock bottom of the table Leeds United will look at the game with the belief that they can win against a Luton Team that has only won twice away all season, and there may be added incentive from the Nicholls situation, which I am sure that Manager Denis Wise will want to use to his advantage.

However, Leeds have not won since February 10 and have suffered three successive defeats all by the odd goal.
Mike Newell will be buoyed by the recent improvement in performance, despite also losing three in a row by the odd goal.

Vital Quotes:
Assistant manager Gus Poyet said on Leeds official website:
'The week started with the disappointment of losing, but that changed quite quickly.
'We had a couple of good training sessions at the start of the week which the players enjoyed and I think when you enjoy you forget.
'And we are now ready for Saturday. It is a big, big game, and we have to win.
'We ask the supporters to get behind us and their support will be massive.'
On the subject of Kevin Nicholls he went on:
'They (the players)all know what has happened now, but we didn't want to say anything before the game last weekend.
'It was a surprise for everyone. Maybe one or two close to Nicko knew, but I don't know.
'It was a surprise because you expect your captain to be there. It's up to him. It's a shock, but it's done. He didn't play.
'If you give me the option I would choose it didn't happen, but it has happened. He made a decision, he didn't say anything about a problem with us or the way we trained. It's up to Nicko to clarify.
'This is a life. It's difficult, but we get on.'

Mike Newell on Luton's official website said that he 'will not have it that we are leaking goals' explaining that individual mistakes have resulted in conceding goals.
Call it an amphibian if you like, Mike, but a frog is still a frog!
Asked if it is a must win game he said:"I don't ever regard games as must win or must not lose - we try to win every game.
"It's important we don't concede any ground to Leeds or anybody else that we have to play below us in the next few weeks.
"It's important we don't get beat, but we set out not to get beat every week.
"It's in our own hands, but we have to start winning games. It's no good saying 'it's in our own hands' and not doing anything about it.
"It's a big game, but it always will be when you go to a place like Leeds United.
"It makes no difference with the predicament that they're in. It's still a big game."
That'd be a 'yes' then?
On the Nicholls situation he said that he was informed of the situation and made the enquiry to Denis Wise directly. he was told that they did not want to do anything, but when it was suggested to him that it is hardly surprising that they did not want to loan a player to a fellow struggler in the relegation zone, Mike revealed that Leeeds had offered Nicholls to QPR on loan, so where is the difference.

Leeds United Team News:
TBA

Player to watch: Tresor Kandol
If he is selected he will want to score against his old club, having scored a hat trick in a midweek reserve game against Barnsley reserves, which finished 3-3.

Luton Town Team News:
Parkin, Underwood and Brkovic are still absent through long term injury and illness but Russ Perrett trained this week. Unfortunately his comeback received a setback when he received a knock in the training session, but it is doubtful he would have been ready for the match anyway.
Better news is that Chris Coyne has recovered from his injury and will be in the squad.

Player to watch: Carlisle and Spring
Both played for Leeds and will want to perform well in their old stamping ground.

Ref Watch:
Premiership referee Mark Halsey is down for this one. Seems a good 'un, but let's wait and see!

Match Prediction:
Both teams will be frightened of conceding and will not want to lose, so 0-0

trosetti

« Svar #45 på: Mars 09, 2007, 19:37:37 »
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=453013&CPID=10&clid=2&lid=4&title=Poyet:+Nicholls+is+available&channel=&

Ikke at jeg tror det skjer, men er Nicholls på banen mot Luton bør vi alle lure på om Wise og Poyet er lobotomert eller noe.

Det ser forresten ut som at det Poyet blir sitert på her, er sagt av en rusa 5-åring. Han gjenntar seg selv i hver setning, ja, han gjenntar seg selv i hver eneste setning, ja også gjenntar han seg.

"E ska spele førr Junaitid!" Tore Andre Flo, 03.01.07

Ferre

« Svar #46 på: Mars 09, 2007, 19:40:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by trosetti

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=453013&CPID=10&clid=2&lid=4&title=Poyet:+Nicholls+is+available&channel=&

Ikke at jeg tror det skjer, men er Nicholls på banen mot Luton bør vi alle lure på om Wise og Poyet er lobotomert eller noe.

Det ser forresten ut som at det Poyet blir sitert på her, er sagt av en rusa 5-åring. Han gjenntar seg selv i hver setning, ja, han gjenntar seg selv i hver eneste setning, ja også gjenntar han seg.

Nicholls bør ikke spiller flere kamper for Leeds, og i alle fall ikke mot Luton. Håper Wise og Poyet har IQ nok til å skjønne det, mannen er ferdig i klubben.

-WE'LL BE BACK-

Ferre

« Svar #47 på: Mars 09, 2007, 19:45:32 »
Håper på dette laget i morgen:

Ankergren

Frazer - Marques - Michalik - Lewis

Howson - Douglas - Rad - Blake

Healy - Cresswell

Subs: Stack, Heath, Moore, JJ, Carole

Kanskje vi får se Kandol på benken?

-WE'LL BE BACK-

Per-Stian

« Svar #48 på: Mars 10, 2007, 00:43:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by Ferre

Håper på dette laget i morgen:

Ankergren

Frazer - Marques - Michalik - Lewis

Howson - Douglas - Rad - Blake

Healy - Cresswell

Subs: Stack, Heath, Moore, JJ, Carole

Eg er nesten 100& einig, men dersom Sa er aktuell att bør han ta plassen til Frazer. Michalik kan like godt hoppe i det, først som sist. Heath er for ustabil, og bør heller nyttast som reservespiss dersom vi ligg dårleg an 15 minutt før slutt.

larss

« Svar #49 på: Mars 10, 2007, 01:03:46 »
Hei !
Tror det går veien i morgen.
Kan noen fortelle meg hvilken kanal som sender kampen ?

LarsS, som er sikker på at det bikker 30000 på ER i morgen.
LarsS

berlin

« Svar #50 på: Mars 10, 2007, 01:08:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by larss

Hei !

tvN og viasat 2

Ferre

« Svar #51 på: Mars 10, 2007, 01:11:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by berlin

quote:
Originally posted by larss

Hei !

tvN og viasat 2

SportN [:)]

-WE'LL BE BACK-

kjelvi

« Svar #52 på: Mars 10, 2007, 01:12:10 »
Skipper return boost  
Luton boss Mike Newell is expected to have skipper Chris Coyne back in the side for the clash at Leeds following his knee injury.  
The skipper has been troubled by the injury all season but is expected to play at Elland Road in a clash which neither side dare lose.
Both former Leeds players Mathew Spring and Clarke Carlisle are pushing for place in the Hatters side but long term injury victims Sam Parkin, Ahmet Brkovic and Paul Underwood are all still out.

Oggy

« Svar #53 på: Mars 10, 2007, 01:48:02 »
Endelig får jeg muligheten til å se Leeds-kamp "live"
i egen stue [:)]

Håper vi ikke skuffer alle tilskuerne våres igjen i morgen,
her er det bare å klemme til.
Er spennt på lagoppstillingen, mon tro om Flo sitter på benken [?]
Oggy

RoarG

« Svar #54 på: Mars 10, 2007, 02:17:16 »
Flo på benken? Litt tidlig, kanskje. Jeg har ikke sett noe på klubbens egne sider som skulle tyde på det. En sånn gla'nyhet ville man vel gjerne like sende ut. Han skal vel spille litt på reservelaget først før han slipper til på A-laget igjen.
quote:
Originally posted by Oggy

Endelig får jeg muligheten til å se Leeds-kamp "live"
i egen stue [:)]

Håper vi ikke skuffer alle tilskuerne våres igjen i morgen,
her er det bare å klemme til.
Er spennt på lagoppstillingen, mon tro om Flo sitter på benken [?]

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Robert H.

« Svar #55 på: Mars 10, 2007, 02:18:52 »
Bates uttalte vel i dag at Flo ikke er klar før neste helg.

Kandol er vel minimum på benken etter hans hat-trick for reservene i midtuka. Håper dette betyr at Moore ser kampen fra tribunen...
« Siste redigering: Mars 10, 2007, 02:25:02 av Robert H. »

kjelvi

« Svar #56 på: Mars 10, 2007, 02:59:31 »

i en tid med mye kjeft, krangling, uro, m.m. - er det kjekt å registrere noe positiv presseomtale:

LEEDS HELP OUT GRECIANS  

Exeter City will use Leeds United's training ground this afternoon as they prepare for their Conference match against Halifax Town at The Shay.The Grecians flew up north this morning and then headed straight off for a session at the Championship club's luxury facilities at Thorp Arch, Wetherby.
Tisdale capitalised on a club contact to arrange the special session designed to ensure his side are fully prepared ahead of their clash with struggling Halifax tomorrow.
"We are flying up this morning and will then get an afternoon session at Leeds United's training ground," said the City boss. "We are doing everything we can to prepare properly for the game and to give ourselves the best possible chance. Being fit and aware of their jobs during games is important, but it also essential that we provide the right environment off the pitch."

Kilde: thisisexeter.co.uk

berlin

« Svar #57 på: Mars 10, 2007, 03:05:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

i en tid med mye kjeft, krangling, uro, m.m. - er det kjekt å registrere noe positiv presseomtale:

LEEDS HELP OUT GRECIANS  

Exeter City will use Leeds United's training ground this afternoon as they prepare for their Conference match against Halifax Town at The Shay.The Grecians flew up north this morning and then headed straight off for a session at the Championship club's luxury facilities at Thorp Arch, Wetherby.
Tisdale capitalised on a club contact to arrange the special session designed to ensure his side are fully prepared ahead of their clash with struggling Halifax tomorrow.
"We are flying up this morning and will then get an afternoon session at Leeds United's training ground," said the City boss. "We are doing everything we can to prepare properly for the game and to give ourselves the best possible chance. Being fit and aware of their jobs during games is important, but it also essential that we provide the right environment off the pitch."

Kilde: thisisexeter.co.uk

Excellent![:)]

Robert H.

« Svar #58 på: Mars 10, 2007, 14:12:46 »
Da er det 8 nervøse timer igjen. Jeg tror på dette laget i dag, selv om det går rykter om både skadede midtstoppere og midtbanespillere...

Stack
Marques-Michalik-Heath-Lewis
Carole-Douglas-Kishishev-Blake
Kandol-Cresswell

Benk: Ankergren, Johnson, Healy, Richardson og Howson

Dette blir en skikkelig dårlig fotballkamp hvor våre gutter må vise at vi VIL vinne mer enn Luton.
« Siste redigering: Mars 10, 2007, 16:15:54 av Robert H. »

berlin

« Svar #59 på: Mars 10, 2007, 14:21:20 »
Evig optimist. Vi vinner i dag, vi har skapt bra med sjanser mot Brummies og Owls, i dag gjør vi det også og får uttelling. Bare det ikke blir
for mange blemmer bak, så drar vi i land enn seier. Vanskelig å spå om Luton går for seier, men de er nok happy med uavgjort.