Skrevet av Emne: SKJEBNEKAMPEN: vs. Southend  (Lest 50261 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: SKJEBNEKAMPEN: vs. Southend
« Svar #420 på: Mars 18, 2007, 04:17:02 »
United back from the brink

Dennis Wise reacts to a late penalty decision

Southend 1 Leeds United 1
ON a day when so much seemed to be at stake, controversy was bound to reign at Roots Hall.
Leeds United relied on the latest of strikes from David Healy to prevent a relegation-inducing defeat in Essex today, but the drama of the striker's 89th-minute intervention was lost in the events that followed.
United were in the middle of a frantic attack when, with injury-time close to completion and the scores level at 1-1, a cross from Radostin Kishishev struck the arm of a Southend United defender inside their box.
Referee Nigel Miller pointed immediately to the penalty spot but, in the blink of an eye, reversed his decision and awarded Southend a free-kick.
The reason for his change of heart was unclear, and the County Durham official refused the opportunity to explain his reasoning afterwards.
But the damage had been inflicted, and the true cost to Leeds will be clearer when the Championship season concludes. Little wonder that Dennis Wise begged for reassurance that his and Miller's paths will never cross again.
Leeds might not have deserved three points, but the fact that victory was denied in such contentious circumstances was a cruel development for Wise's players.
With a win in their hands, United would have reached the international break with safety beckoning. When their season resumes with a home game against Preston North End on March 30, they will find themselves four points adrift.
Had Healy not struck at the death, however, United might well have been preparing for relegation this morning after a hugely expensive defeat. To that end at least, Wise should count his blessings.
Leeds were not found wanting for effort, but their performance was ragged and at times showed signs of desperation. It is, however, another result that fails to improve their position.
Wise's willingness to alter United's line-up has been a contentious issue throughout the term, but the decision to involve Tresor Kandol today was as unexpected an alteration as the 40-year-old could have made.
A run of 11 games without a goal had preceded Kandol's recent absence from the team, but the striker was preferred to Healy alongside Richard Cresswell up front after Jemal Johnson sustained a head injury at Leicester in midweek.
The combination of Kandol and Cresswell was clearly intended to add physical presence to Wise's team, but it represented a major risk before a fixture which Leeds could not contemplate losing. Selecting Kandol was not exactly a case of Wise wheeling out his big gun.
It was almost inevitable that the selection of Kandol was subjected to immediate scrutiny. Cresswell's pass sent Frazer Richardson running towards the byline and the full-back's perfect cross dropped the ball onto Kandol's head six yards from goal. Darryl Flahavan was flat-footed and badly exposed, but Kandol nodded a poor finish wide of the post.
The chance, though, was indicative of United's effective approach to the fixture. Jonathan Douglas had predicted an onslaught from Southend, but Steve Tilson's side found possession impossible to control until his strikers clicked with the opening goal on 24 minutes.
Lubomir Michalik surrendered possession 10 yards outside his own box, and Ritchie Foran's pass found Lee Bradbury in space.
The striker had the option of shooting himself, but his selfless pass gave Mark Gower the freedom to slip a low shot past Casper Ankergren.
The home crowd understood the importance of the opening goal, but fortune favoured Leeds until Miller's late involvement. Three minutes after Gower's goal, Freddy Eastwood curled a beautiful shot against the post as United's defence threatened to cave in.
Chances at the other end were few, although Cresswell should have beaten Flahavan when he turned Efe Sodje inside the box as Southend's centre-back struggled to claim a bouncing ball.
But Flahavan smothered Cresswell's scuffed finish, and an instant counter-attack from Southend forced Ankergren to prevent the visitors from reaching a disastrous position at the interval.
The Dane's one-handed save denied another cute finish from Eastwood, whose invention created space where there seemed to be none, but United's improvement at the start of the second half at least created the possibility of a recovery.
A free-kick from Robbie Blake was parried by Flahavan on Southend's line, and the home goalkeeper was fortunate to come up with the ball after the resulting corner caused chaos inside the box.
But Southend's threat was never far from the surface, and Eastwood's deflected shot looped onto the roof of the net with Ankergren beaten on the hour.
The hosts were dangerous on the counter, and Foran should have increased their scoreline when a sliced clearance by Matt Heath saw him curl his finish high into the crowd. Another stroke of luck was forthcoming when another effort from Foran was cleared by Michalik in front of goal with Ankergren out of position.
But just as United's challenge began to fade, Healy intervened with 60 seconds remaining.
The striker was fouled on the edge of Southend's box, and when Robbie Elliott's deceptive free-kick found him unmarked eight yards from goal, Healy thrashed a powerful shot passed the motionless Flahavan. But it was left to Miller to ensure what could yet be a draw too far.

Kilde: YEP (http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2130143&SectionID=46=
« Siste redigering: Mars 18, 2007, 04:18:06 av kjelvi »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #421 på: Mars 18, 2007, 04:46:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by rastafari
Tåpelig....

Fortsatt i dårlig humør etter kampen, Kjell Bjørn [:D]

La nå LUSCOS-styret ha det litt morsomt da, de har nok å styre med sånn ellers [:)]

But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles

B.Dylan
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjelvi

« Svar #422 på: Mars 18, 2007, 05:51:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Asbjørn

quote:
Originally posted by rastafari
Tåpelig....

Fortsatt i dårlig humør etter kampen, Kjell Bjørn [:D]
La nå LUSCOS-styret ha det litt morsomt da, de har nok å styre med sånn ellers [:)]

gode A

fortsatt i blodtåka her. hadde ikke hjulper med gode, gamle Bob på cd-spilleren heller. har prøvet med siste John Mellencamp og siste God Charlotte - i kombinasjon med en god flaske spansk rød, men... nope!
for meg var det siste spikeren i den berømte kista.
for all del - kjekt at andre ser muligheter og håp.

styret må gjerne ha det kjekt. ikke så mye man ser, hører, leser, merker noe til dem...!

kjelvi

« Svar #423 på: Mars 18, 2007, 06:08:40 »
Healy pulls Leeds from the fire

Southend miss a chance and Luton deal with trouble off the pitch, writes Jason Tomas
If any Championship match should have been avoided by those of a nervous disposition, it was the relegation battle between Southend and Leeds

Southend, who lifted themselves out of the relegation zone with their midweek 1-0 win over Burnley, put themselves in a strong position to improve their position further when they established a 1-0 half-time lead. But Leeds snatched an equaliser two minutes from the end - a goal that put the Shrimpers back in the relegation zone. The player who had put Southend in the driving seat was Mark Gower. That goal came very much against the run of play and moments later Freddy Eastwood came agonisingly close to making it 2-0 with a shot that hit a post. Southend, though, were forced back in the second half and Leeds' increasingly desperate pressure finally paid off with a goal for David Healy.

While QPR got out of the dreaded drop zone with their 3-1 win at Leicester, Luton - the other team who had been keeping Leeds company there - lost 2-0 at home to Ipswich. Following the sacking of the Luton manager, Mike Newell, on Thursday, this match was more notable for what was happening off the field than the actual football. Newell had hit out at the Luton board for not giving him the money to strengthen the team, following the club's £9 million income from outgoing transfers, and despite a statement from them in yesterday's match programme refuting his criticism, he appeared to have the backing of a number of the fans. More than 100 of them called for the board to resign and some made threats of violence against the directors.
Birmingham, who face West Bromwich Albion today, were put under extra pressure to win as Derby replaced them at the top of the table through their 3-1 win over Cardiff. Birmingham were also overtaken by Sunderland, who beat Hull 2-0.

Derby seized control with a Steve Howard penalty awarded for hand ball against Steve Thompson. But Derby's joy was short-lived as the visitors restored parity soon after. Jay McEveley failed to deal with a long ball from Stephen McPhail and his sliced clearance fell invitingly into the path of the marauding Paul Parry, who coolly slotted the ball past the onrushing keeper.
Cardiff were inches away from taking the lead just a minute later as Michael Chopra sprang the offside trap to unleash a stinging half-volley from just inside the penalty area which crashed back off the crossbar. It became even harder to take for Chopra, and Cardiff, when Giles Barnes and Howard put Derby on top again.

Sunderland's breakthrough stemmed from a needless foul by Hull's David Livermore on Dean Whitehead. From the free-kick, Sunderland's 19-year-old defender Jonny Evans, who has made a big impact since joining on loan from Manchester United in January, rose highest to head the first goal of his senior career. Sunderland's other scorer was Stern John.

David Nugent, poised for an England call-up for the European Championship matches against Israel and Andorra, gave another reminder of what he might have to offer the senior national squad as Preston beat Burnley 2-0.
Nugent scored his sixteenth goal of the season against the run of play in the first half, producing a cool finish after being set up for it by Brett Ormerod's chested pass from Matt Hill's long throw. Fifteen minutes from the end, Nugent cut in with the ball from the left and provided the pass from which Patrick Agyemang scored Preston's other goal.
Preston manager Paul Simpson said: 'I'm pleased with David's performance. He had a nervy performance against Ipswich in midweek, but today he was back to his usual self. He caused them problems all the game.'

Kilde: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2036629,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #424 på: Mars 18, 2007, 06:10:26 »
Wise on warpath as ref blunder robs Leeds
Southend 1 Leeds 1

Leeds United's fight for Championship survival ended in chaos and controversy at Roots Hall. Manager Dennis Wise led a furious protest when Leeds were denied a penalty three minutes into added time.

It was cruel on the visitors, who had hit back to draw after going behind to a 24th-minute goal from Mark Gower. But,just when time looked to be running out for the once mighty West Yorkshire club,Wise made a substitution that was to earn his club a point and increase their hopes of avoiding relegation.
With nine minutes remaining, Wise took off Robbie Blake and replaced him with Northern Ireland forward David Healy,who has not been having the best of seasons.
Seven minutes later, Healy equalised with a blistering shot after the ball arrived at his feet direct from a Robbie Elliott free-kick.
But the drama was far from over.As a tense Championship confrontation went into added time, Southend defender Simon Francis blatantly handled the ball inside the box after the ball had arrived from the right.
As Leeds looked for a penalty and the chance to win what had been described as the most crucial match in the club’s history, referee Nigel Miller waved play on.
Wise and his assistant, Gus Poyet, were enraged and approached the fourth official, but their protests proved useless and, when a modicum of calm was restored, Miller walked towards the Leeds bench to warn Wise about his behaviour.
It was understandable, however. The former Millwall and Swindon manager had already endured an afternoon of frustration born from the inadequacy of so many of his players. It is never pleasant watching a team fighting against the humiliation of relegation — though it can be exciting.
When that team is Leeds and relegation would leave them in the third flight, it is an extraordinary experience. Just six years ago they were in the Champions League semi-final, losing to Valencia. Since then they have suffered a steady decline now verging on the disastrous.
Their season of despair under Wise can be summed up in their first-half performance against Southend. They missed the simplest of chances to score in the seventh minute and then a defensive blunder presented Southend with a goal 17 minutes later. That has been the story of their season — miss one, give one away.
Tresor Kandol should have given them the lead in the seventh minute when he rose to meet a cross from Frazer Richardson with his head in front of goal when he was no more than three yards out, but the striker somehow contrived to direct the ball high over the bar.
Gower’s goal, his ninth of the season came after Leeds defender Lubomir Michalik misjudged the flight of the ball. Lee Bradbury ran on to it and crossed low for Gower to drive it past keeper Casper Ankergren.
The tension had its effect on Leeds’ football, as you would expect in the circumstances, and it was Southend, battling to escape the drop themselves although from a better position than Leeds, who looked the most likely to score again.
The goal did not come,however,and that left the opportunity for Leeds’ timely comeback.
There was a time even before the David O’Leary-Peter Ridsdale reign when Leeds’ reserves would have annihilated the best Southend could produce.
Not now. It is nearly impossible to comprehend the extent of their slump. They have been overwhelmed and even this draw may just have delayed what many feel to be the inevitable.

Kilde: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=442976&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Espen J

« Svar #425 på: Mars 18, 2007, 07:17:55 »
Får ta til takke med 1 poeng.. Bedre enn 0!!
Skal gå dette!!

Bites Yer Legs

« Svar #426 på: Mars 18, 2007, 13:07:08 »
SUPER-LEEDS!! Svelget mange pils i natt for dette poenget!! DETTE KLARER VI!!!!

NORMAN HUNTER BITES YER LEGS!!
KEEP FIGHTING!!

auren

« Svar #427 på: Mars 18, 2007, 15:03:29 »
Blir småforbanna over denne lesingen. SÃ…Ã…Ã…Ã…Ã… nær straffespark og sannsynlig 3 poeng. Håpløs dommer!

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

auren

« Svar #428 på: Mars 18, 2007, 15:19:22 »
"Leeds have never been at such a low ebb, and despite claiming an equaliser two minutes from time the fact is things could get worse before they get better. Bottom of the Championship, they are still three points adrift of safety. The third tier of English football beckons for the first time in the club's history, it is not the sort the men in white want to create.

The travelling fans even started to turn on their manager , Dennis Wise, and assistant Gus Poyet. The supporters have suffered a lot since Leeds' fall from the Premiership in 2004 but their patience appeared to have finally run out here at Roots Hall.

A largely insipid performance was to blame but the replacement of Eddie Lewis by Ian Moore, rather than David Healy, was the straw that broke the camel's back and led to angry chants of "Chelsea boys taking us down".

Healy eventually came on and put away Robbie Elliott's pass from a free-kick for their point. Leeds then had a penalty turned down for handball in the last minute, much to Wise's disgust. "Disgraceful," he said of the decision and then claimed he was sent off by the referee. Even Southend's manager, Steve Tilson, did not dispute the handball but said that a push on his player Simon Francis was why no penalty was given.

The visitors, who still have difficult games against Preston, Southampton and Derby to come, should have taken the lead after eight minutes when Tresor Kandol had the chance from six yards out but while Frazer Richardson's cross was perfect, the striker's header went wildly over.

Although the visitors had begun brightly, they were their own worst enemy when a crass mistake by Lubomir Michalik let Southend in for their goal. The Slovak defender, on loan from Bolton, swung a foot and missed, which let Lee Bradbury in behind him. His cross found Mark Gower, who finished low past Casper Ankergren after 24 minutes. It all summed up how Leeds' season has gone. "

Fra The Independent.

Våre egne fans snur seg mot Wise og Poyet nå - kanskje ikke så rart. Dessuten så kan straffesituasjonen forklares med en dytt på Simon Francis. Vi får nok se bilder fra kampen slik at vi kan irritere oss grønn...

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

RoarG

« Svar #429 på: Mars 18, 2007, 17:38:45 »
Nidviser mot Wise/Poyet. De er ferdige i klubben. Styret kan ikke ha en manager blottet for autoritet og tillit. Management-teamets eneste håp for å roe massene er å levere skalpene til Preston og Plymouth. Nå blir nok ikke herrene Wise/Poyet sparket før sesongslutt. Det ville ha vært litt av et selvskudd av styret å ha en klubb uten leder i innspurten. Men på den annen side: dette er Leeds, og i Bakvendtland går som kjent alt ting an.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Trygve

• Gjest
« Svar #430 på: Mars 18, 2007, 19:04:13 »
Selv om vi er heldig med de andre resultatene,så ser det ikke ut til at dette vil gå veien.
De to lagene som ligger nærmest ,Southend og QPR er de lagene som plukker poeng for tiden.
QPR ser ut til og ha kommet i form igjen og scorer som i høst.
Southend har hatt en god periode med 7 av 9 poeng på de siste kampene.
Så tror vi må se oppover på tabellen etter lag som trolig går ned.Burnley og Barnsley, et av disse vil nok være et av de som går ned. og de kan trolig nå 45/46 poeng, så vi må altså ha 12 poeng til for og klare oss. 4 seire, ser ikke helt at det skal la seg gjøre.

Jon R

« Svar #431 på: Mars 18, 2007, 19:04:23 »
Kommentarene på radio og rapportene i etterkant viser at Leeds spilte en meget svak kamp mot Southend igår. Det samme gjaldt tildels mot Leicester. Urovekkende at laget presterer så svakt spill nå i innspurten. På den annen side har vi unngått tap og tatt et poeng i begge disse kampene. Det er jo forsåvidt nye takter, da vi tidligere i sesongen "alltid" har tapt sånne kamper. [8)]

Jon R.
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #432 på: Mars 18, 2007, 19:21:30 »
Ser at flere nevner dette (Wise, Lorimer), men jeg mener at dette lukter (ja for ikke å si stinker) av fattigmanns trøst. Skal Leeds holde seg må spillet bedres. Lag som spiller dårlig fotball taper som oftest kamper. Nei, dette går nord og ned.
quote:
Originally posted by Jon R

Kommentarene på radio og rapportene i etterkant viser at Leeds spilte en meget svak kamp mot Southend igår. Det samme gjaldt tildels mot Leicester. Urovekkende at laget presterer så svakt spill nå i innspurten. På den annen side har vi unngått tap og tatt et poeng i begge disse kampene. Det er jo forsåvidt nye takter, da vi tidligere i sesongen "alltid" har tapt sånne kamper. [8)]

Jon R.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

DaGa

« Svar #433 på: Mars 19, 2007, 23:36:12 »
http://www.sendspace.com/file/h5m0i2

Høydepunkter fra kampen. Leeds snytt for straffe? JA!

We all LOVE LEEDS!
We all LOVE LEEDS!

auren

« Svar #434 på: Mars 20, 2007, 00:24:40 »
Hmmm... Har sett situasjonen om og om igjen. Vanskelig å se om spilleren blir dyttet eller ikke. Og heller ikke lett å se om det er Leedsspilleren eller Southendspilleren som handser. Vil jo tro det er sistnevnte. Intet KLART straffespark synes jeg.

Kampen var jevn i sjanser. Cressy og Kandol hadde to megasjanser. Southend hadde en i stanga og en sjanse på nesten blank goal hvor Heath glitrende blokkerte. Vi fortjente ett poeng ut i fra høydepunktene!

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

pale

« Svar #435 på: Mars 20, 2007, 00:44:18 »
For meg ser det ut som det er Leeds-spilleren som handser. Uansett ingen stor dommertabbe.
Og vi har flaks som får ett poeng her. Ankergren imponerer meg ikke. Det er da mulig å redde målet?

Og hva gjør han utenfor 16meteren ved Heaths store redning?

Kanonmål av Healy. Han må spille hvert minutt. Vi har ikke mange andre spillere som gjør slikt.

Oggy

« Svar #436 på: Mars 20, 2007, 00:49:34 »
Hadde håpet vi skulle få se situasjonen på høydepunktene på Viasat i dag,
men det viste de kun Wise i krangel etterpå.
Oggy

Stifler

« Svar #437 på: Mars 20, 2007, 01:18:30 »
Sett den 20 ganger nå.
Om vi skulle hatt straffe? JA!
så etterhvert at ballen traff hånda på Southend spilleren!
Pale,du vet ikke hva du snakker om :P

She has a face on her like a bulldog that's just licked piss off a nettle…….
-Nr 2 er den første taperen-

Oggy

« Svar #438 på: Mars 20, 2007, 01:18:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Oggy

Har sett dette klippet 20 ganger nå, er nok handa til
Southend-spilleren som rører ballen.

Er nok sannynlig at Leeds-spilleren dytter litt,
men hvis assistentdommeren går på den vanlige siden,
er det en prestasjon av de sjeldne å se dette fra
hans posisjon.
Oggy

pale

« Svar #439 på: Mars 20, 2007, 01:22:42 »
quote:
Sett den 20 ganger nå.
Om vi skulle hatt straffe? JA!
etterhvert at ballen traff hånda på Southend spilleren!
Pale,du vet ikke hva du snakker om :P

Nei, jeg vet vel ikke det.....

Har bare sett det fem-seks ganger og er derfor usikker.
Så da er det jo elendig av dommeren ikke å se det[;)]

berlin

« Svar #440 på: Mars 20, 2007, 02:44:32 »
quote:

quote:

Har sett dette klippet 20 ganger nå, er nok handa til
Southend-spilleren som rører ballen.

Er nok sannynlig at Leeds-spilleren dytter litt,
men hvis assistentdommeren går på den vanlige siden,
er det en prestasjon av de sjeldne å se dette fra
hans posisjon.

Vel, Wise påstår at linjemannen ikke vinket for dytt, men for at det var Leeds-spilleren som handset, hvilket var feil. Så dommeren ombestemte seg på feil grunnlag ( med det er Leeds sin versjon ).
Men etter at dommer-trioen samles etter kampen, så blir de enige om at dytt skal stå i protokollen. I flg bildene er ikke det så galt,
men det er jo sprøtt hvis dette er sant.
« Siste redigering: Mars 20, 2007, 02:48:58 av berlin »