Skrevet av Emne: v Southampton  (Lest 43799 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: v Southampton
« Svar #60 på: April 21, 2007, 00:00:09 »
Southampton vs. Leeds United
St. Mary's Stadium
21st April 2007
15:00

George Burley has promised a performance against struggling Leeds tomorrow in a final bid to resurrect hopes of a top-6 finish. Leeds will also be desperate for three points as the Yorkshire club currently lie third from bottom after last weekend's defeat to Colchester.
Saints will step out onto the pitch to a Wall of Sound: a montage of ten anthems, voted for by fans in an effort to get the crowd going. While not in the same league as Delia Smith, it is hoped that this will inspire all four sides of the stadium to act as the 12th man in what should be a near sell-out crowd.
If Saints lose and other results go against them, it will rule out any remaining hope of a play-off place. With each team playing for different reasons and the unpredictable nature of this season's Championship, St. Mary's could be seeing one of the games of the season if the 10 goals in the last two meetings between the sides are anything to go by.

Vital Quotes:
George Burley - 'We've got three games left and we need to pick up nine points, so it's a massive game for us.'

Southampton Team News:
In-form striker Marek Saganowski looks set to miss the run-in with a groin tear, so Gzregorz Rasiak and Kenwyne Jones could start together for the first time in months. Gareth bale is also unavailable with a torn calf muscle while Alexander Ostlund and Claus Lundekvam face late fitness tests. Nathan Dyer is ill but Inigo Idiakez returns to the squad after his loan spell with QPR.

Player to watch: Home Player:
Gzregorz Rasiak - the striker will be keen to show Burley and the fans that he is up for the job after being dropped, despite scoring 20 goals this season.

Leeds United Team News:
Captain Jonathan Douglas is suspended while Alan Thompson is 50-50 with a hamstring strain.

Player to watch: Away Player:
David Healy - The Northern Ireland international has 10 league goals to his name and could be the inspiration to keep Leeds up.

PREVIOUS MEETINGS
18/10/05: Saints 1-2 Leeds
19/11/05: Saints 3-4 Leeds
18/11/06: Saints 3-0 Leeds

southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #61 på: April 21, 2007, 00:13:30 »
Child’s play – declares Dennis Wise

MANAGER Dennis Wise takes Leeds United to his old club Southampton tomorrow believing the pressure is kid's stuff compared with the anxiety he felt when his children were about to be born.
Wise knows the final three matches of the season hold the key to Leeds' destiny as they strive for Championship safety.
But the man who played 12 times for the Saints last season, including the first half of their 4-3 home defeat against Leeds, remains relaxed.
Wise said: "Southampton are under pressure to finish in the top six and we are under pressure to get out of the bottom three, but I am quite relaxed about it.
"There is pressure in football but some people can handle it and some can't. If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you have given it everything you possibly could to get the most out of your players, then fair enough.
"There was real pressure when my wife was giving birth to our little boy and little girl because you wondered if they were going to be all right. That is what life is about really."
Wise, who checks the fitness of midfielder Alan Thompson (back and hamstring) before selecting his side at St Mary's, believes his players can also cope with the pressure. He said: "They have done very well under immense pressure over the last seven or eight weeks. A lot of things have been said about us all but the players have coped with it. We have three games to go and I am sure they will carry on coping."
Wise admits he is keeping a keen eye on results involving United's rivals for Championship safety and he has earmarked Leicester's game against Barnsley on April 28 as massive. However, he is happy with his side's record of three wins from the last four matches, adding: "Our form over the last seven or eight games has been among the best in the Championship.
"It would have been nice to have had this team from the start, which is why I really want us to stay up. I am sure if we'd had this team earlier we would not be in danger.
"Southampton's home form hasn't been fantastic. George Burley has done a good job there and is probably disappointed that they are not yet in the play-offs. We could really hurt them."

Meanwhile, United midfielder Radostin Kishishev, who is on loan from Charlton, claims the Addicks have more chance of being relegated. While Charlton are third from bottom of the Premiership, Leeds are perched in the same parlous position in the Championship.
Bulgarian Kishishev said: "Charlton are in exactly the same position as we are, though of course the clubs are in different leagues. Leeds are still a bigger club. We have four wins, two draws and a defeat from our last seven games, which isn't bad for a team battling against relegation.
"I've seen Charlton in a couple of games and things are not right. I believe we have more chance of staying up."

yorkpress.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #62 på: April 21, 2007, 00:17:04 »
Striker back for Leeds clash

Southampton have been boosted by the news Kenwyne Jones is back fit and is set to go straight back in against Leeds United.
The striker has been struggling with an ankle injury but boss George Burley has revealed the striker is back fit and is ready to bag the goals to fire Saints into the play-offs.  
The striker's return has come as a timely boost as Marek Saganowski is out for the rest of the season.  
"The last two games we've lost we've had six or seven great opportunities and hit the woodwork a few times, so you need a little bit of luck as well," Burley revealed.  
"We have got the potential in the team to score goals and I think that's important as well. Kenwyne being back in the team is a big bonus to us."

clubcall.com

kjelvi

« Svar #63 på: April 21, 2007, 00:25:45 »
Sky Sports: Championship weekend preview
There could be issues at the top and bottom of the Championship resolved this weekend with a number of key games for promotion hopefuls and relegation battlers.
Sunderland could secure promotion to the Premiership if Derby lose to Luton on Friday night and they win at Colchester 24 hours later.
There are two live offerings from the Championship this weekend with Derby playing host to relegation-threatened Luton at Pride Park on Friday night, live on Sky Sports 2.
On Sunday Wolves entertain fellow promotion hopefuls Birmingham in a Midlands derby at Molineux, live on Sky Sports 1.
Elsewhere, Leeds travel to Southampton aiming to get out of the bottom three, while Saints need the points to boost their promotion hopes.
Promotion-chasing Stoke entertain relegation-haunted Hull and Preston host Leicester in another crucial game at both ends of the table.

Friday:
Derby v Luton Town
Derby goalkeeper Stephen Bywater is available for the televised clash with Luton after a successful appeal against his sending off last weekend at Ipswich.
Darren Moore is missing again as he serves the second game of a four-match ban and Michael Johnson is sidelined with a hamstring strain.
Lewin Nyatanga is set to start after being recalled from his loan spell at Barnsley and Darren Currie is available again after being ineligible against Ipswich.
Luton will have relegation confirmed if they fail to win at Pride Park.
Marlon Beresford, Dean Morgan and Ahmet Brkovic are all missing through injury for Kevin Blackwell's men.
Matt Spring, Sol Davis and Steve Robinson all face late fitness tests ahead of the game.
Skysports.com prediction: 3-0

Saturday:

Barnsley v Crystal Palace
Barnsley captain Paul Reid is set to drop into defence after Lewin Nyatanga was recalled by Derby from his loan spell at Oakwell.
Reid will partner Anthony Kay at the heart of Barnsley's defence with Bobby Hassell still suspended.
Barnsley boss Simon Davey has no other injury worries to contend with as he looks to try and secure the club's survival.
Paul Ifill misses out for Palace as he has missed training all week because of illness.
The likes of Michael Hughes, Dougie Freedman, Rhoys Wiggins and Stuart Green are all absent through injury.
Skysports.com prediction: 2-0

Colchester v Sunderland
Sunderland could win promotion at Layer Road if they win and other results go their way.
Grant Leadbitter is pushing for a place in Sunderland's starting line-up after coming off the bench to score two winners in the last two games.
Liam Miller could make way for Leadbitter as he is struggling with a dead leg.
Full-back Danny Simpson is doubtful with a foot injury and long-term casualty Graham Kavanagh is out for the rest of the season.
Colchester, who are still fighting for a play-off place, are set to welcome Kevin Watson back into their side after recovering from a hamstring problem.
Skysports.com prediction: 1-2

Plymouth v Southend
Plymouth boss Ian Holloway is set to name an unchanged side after back-to-back wins.
Romain Larrieu is likely to start on the bench after being recalled from his loan spell at Gillingham after an injury to Kelvin Jack.
Lee Hodges is still missing through injury for the home side.
Southend are sweating on the fitness of star striker Freddy Eastwood as he struggles with a back problem.
Richie Foran is set to start in attack should Eastwood fail to recover in time.
Skysports.com prediction: 2-2

Preston v Leicester
Preston are waiting on the fitness of defensive trio Sean St Ledger, Liam Chilvers and Matt Hill as they battle to shake off knocks.
Neil Mellor could return to the fold after the departure of Danny Dichio to MLS outfit Toronto FC.
Leicester are without loan star Jason Jarrett as he is ineligible to face Preston.
Danny Tiatto is out through suspension and Darren Kenton and Levi Porter are absent through injury and illness respectively.
Skysports.com prediction: 2-0

QPR v Cardiff
Lee Cook and Michael Mancienne are set to boost QPR by returning to the squad after injury.
Rangers are also hoping to have Danny Cullip available after a hamstring problem as they look to try and secure their Championship status.
Cardiff are missing Glenn Loovens and Riccardo Scimeca through injury.
Simon Walton is still absent as he continues to serve his five-match ban.
Skysports.com prediction: 2-1

Sheffield Wednesday v Coventry
Sheffield Wednesday welcome Burton O'Brien and Jermaine Johnson back into their squad after injury.
Steve Watson is available again after missing out on last weekend's win at West Brom because of the terms of his loan move
Coventry will have to make do without injured duo Khalilou Fadiga and Adam Virgo for the trip to Hillsborough.
Colin Cameron and Colin Hawkins are also sidelined through injury, while Michael Doyle is suspended for Iain Dowie's men.
Skysports.com prediction: 3-1

Southampton v Leeds
Southampton are without in-form striker Marek Saganowski through injury with Grzegorz Rasiak set to replace him in attack.
The Saints are still missing Gareth Bale and Claus Lundekvam and Alexander Ostlund are both doubtful.
Leeds are set to hand a late fitness test to Alan Thompson as he struggles with a hamstring strain.
Jonathan Douglas misses out as he serves the second game of a five-match ban meaning David Healy will continue to skipper the side in his absence.
Otherwise Leeds boss Dennis Wise has no fresh injury worries to contend with for the crucial trip to St Mary's.
Skysports.com prediction: 1-1

Stoke v Hull
Stoke are set to give late fitness tests to Salif Diao and Jonathan Fortune before finalising their side for the visit of Hull.
Andy Griffin and Darel Russell are both available for selection after shaking off knocks.
Jon Parkin is set to start for Hull against the club he recently enjoyed a spell on loan at.
David Livermore is hoping to shake off a knee problem, but Nick Barmby is expected to miss out.
Skysports.com prediction: 1-0

Sunday:

Norwich v Ipswich
Norwich are still missing a number of players for the East Anglian derby with Ipswich.
Youssef Safri, Simon Lappin, Peter Thorne, Mark Fotheringham, Luke Chadwick and Chris Brown are all missing through injury for Peter Grant's side.
Alex Bruce is available for Ipswich after successfully winning his appeal against his sending-off last weekend.
Ipswich captain Jason De Vos is out for the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Wolves v Birmingham
Wolves are missing Rob Edwards and Karl Henry for the visit of Birmingham.
Long-term casualties Carl Cort, Michael Oakes, Carl Ikeme and Mark Davies are all still missing for Mick McCarthy.
Birmingham are expected to be without Damien Johnson as he continues to struggle with a hamstring strain.
Andy Cole is set to start in attack for Birmingham, while Neil Danns is again missing through suspension.
« Siste redigering: April 21, 2007, 00:27:52 av kjelvi »

auren

« Svar #64 på: April 21, 2007, 00:56:01 »
Vi skal vel si oss fornøyd om det blir ett poeng i morgen slik som sky sports predikerer. Er stygt redd for at vi må ha 6 poeng for å overleve... Vi bør vinne i morgen!

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Peter7

« Svar #65 på: April 21, 2007, 03:09:48 »
Southampton 0 - Leeds United 1 (Heath, 54)

Crainey 4 Scotland!
Vi skulle aldri ha solgt Terry Cooper til Middlesboro'

Sølvreven

« Svar #66 på: April 21, 2007, 16:53:51 »
Southampton 0 - Leeds United 1 (Lewis, 34)

Rather dead than red.

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

baste

« Svar #67 på: April 21, 2007, 17:17:51 »
Soto- Leeds 1-3 (Healy7,56)Lewis 2min

kjelvi

« Svar #68 på: April 21, 2007, 17:41:02 »
Courage the key for United against Saints, says Blake
ROBBIE BLAKE believes Leeds United must continue to be brave on the ball in the heat of the battle to avoid relegation.
The Elland Road club are enjoying comfortably their best run of the season with last weekend's 1-0 victory over Burnley meaning Dennis Wise's side have lost just once in seven games.
Play-off chasing Southampton await United at St Mary's today in what is certain to be an encounter full of tension due to both sides needing a positive result for very different reasons.
The game will, no doubt, be decided by which side keeps their nerve at the vital time. United boast a number of experienced players who are willing to accept responsibility even when their own form is not the best and Blake believes that willingness to keep trying things on the field could be key.
The United striker said: "You have to play your natural game, if you don't do that then you will not perform well. It is vital we stick together and be strong. We have to be brave and do whatever it takes to win the games.
"It is important to stand up and keep trying things. Even if they don't come off. We cannot hide away and leave it to others.
"We will definitely get out and stay up. We have to win at home and then get a point or two away. They are all massive games now. Our form has been good. We just have to keep that going."
Leeds will again be captained by David Healy at Southampton due to Jonathan Douglas being out suspended.
The Republic of Ireland international will serve the second of a five-game ban following the Easter Monday defeat at Colchester when he was booked and then sent off after the final whistle.
The yellow card was his 15th of the season to incur an automatic three-game ban, with the additional suspensions coming for the dismissal.
Wise is hugely disappointed to be without his captain for the run-in, but is determined to use his own brushes with authority during a sometimes controversial career to good effect by passing on advice to Douglas.
The United manager said: "Jonathan is a very fiery character and plays with a lot of passion.
"He steps over the line. I have done it myself so I know what kind of person he is.
"As you get older you learn to control it a bit better and that is what he needs to do. I am probably the perfect one to pass on experience like that."

Yorkshire Post

kjelvi

« Svar #69 på: April 21, 2007, 17:42:39 »
We could hurt Saints - Leeds
Dennis Wise believes his Leeds side could "really hurt" Saints today.
The Elland Road boss was playing for Saints when the two sides met at St Mary's last season - he came off at half time with the team leading 3-0 in a match they eventually lost 4-3.
Wise has praised the job that George Burley has done at Saints.
But he knows his relegation battlers could effectively end their play-off hopes this afternoon.
Wise said: "Our form over the last seven or eight games has been among the best in the Championship.
"If it hadn't been, we would be in big, big trouble.
"It would have been nice to have had this team from the start, which is why I really want us to stay up.
"I am sure if we'd had this team earlier we would not be in danger.
"Southampton's home form hasn't been fantastic.
"George Burley has done a good job there and is probably disappointed that they are not yet in the play-offs.
"We could really hurt them".

Daily Echo

ro-ju

« Svar #70 på: April 21, 2007, 17:43:21 »
Går for 3 poeng i dag grabbar

Roy

« Svar #71 på: April 21, 2007, 17:44:41 »
Har troen på en knepen seier idag. Vi er i siget.
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

kjelvi

« Svar #72 på: April 21, 2007, 18:12:05 »
godtfolk og romsdalinger!

pessiminst som alltid. det er nok seks uker siden jeg ga opp alt håp om å berge plassen.

håper selvsagt at jeg tar feil, men fortsatt svært tvilende. The Saints er et lag som skal bli vanskelig å klå på bortebane. den vanskeligste av de tre gjenstående. et lag som er to hakk bedre enn vårt. men vi er bra i siget - og skulle vi klare ett poeng er jeg fornøyd, sjøl om det blir i knappaste laget i kampen om å overleve.

det blir LUTV-radio her i stua, med Kamma - Glimt lydløst på tv'en. Knut Henry Haraldsen er en venn av huset, så jeg må nesten følge litt med. "Junior" (snålt navn på Henry'en som mangler et par cm på 2 meter, men det er det barndomsvennene kaller han...) startet ikke i dag, men håper han kommer innpå.

men alt fokus mot kanalkysten selvsagt!

« Siste redigering: April 21, 2007, 19:01:58 av kjelvi »

Sølvreven

« Svar #73 på: April 21, 2007, 19:28:04 »
Bllir kampan vist på Stream? Noen som vet noe?

Better dead than red.

Budda

« Svar #74 på: April 21, 2007, 19:29:49 »
quote:
Originally posted by Sølvreven

Better dead than red.

Sender bare hjemmekampene. Kan sikkert høre på radio hvis du vil det. Hater forøvrig radio selv.
Endre

Sølvreven

« Svar #75 på: April 21, 2007, 19:35:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by Budda

quote:
Originally posted by Sølvreven

Better dead than red.

Sender bare hjemmekampene. Kan sikkert høre på radio hvis du vil det. Hater forøvrig radio selv.

Joda. Jeg har jo Leeds Radioen, men det blir liksom ikke det samme.  Får heller se på Kamma-Glimt, og følge Leeds på LUSCOS.

Better dead than red.

dexter90

« Svar #76 på: April 21, 2007, 20:00:30 »
Jeg tror vi skal være meget godt fornøyde med 1 poeng her. Det vil absolutt være gull verdt! Er bare å håpe på at de andre bunnlagene snubler... Vi SKAL holde oss i denne divisjonen.

MrK

« Svar #77 på: April 21, 2007, 21:14:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

godtfolk og romsdalinger!

pessiminst som alltid. det er nok seks uker siden jeg ga opp alt håp om å berge plassen.

håper selvsagt at jeg tar feil, men fortsatt svært tvilende. The Saints er et lag som skal bli vanskelig å klå på bortebane. den vanskeligste av de tre gjenstående. et lag som er to hakk bedre enn vårt. men vi er bra i siget - og skulle vi klare ett poeng er jeg fornøyd, sjøl om det blir i knappaste laget i kampen om å overleve.

det blir LUTV-radio her i stua, med Kamma - Glimt lydløst på tv'en. Knut Henry Haraldsen er en venn av huset, så jeg må nesten følge litt med. "Junior" (snålt navn på Henry'en som mangler et par cm på 2 meter, men det er det barndomsvennene kaller han...) startet ikke i dag, men håper han kommer innpå.

men alt fokus mot kanalkysten selvsagt!

Hola Kjelvi!

Perfekt resultat idag er uavgjort på Hamar og minst ett poeng på St Marys - men der er jeg usikker. Får håpe vår tidligere negativitet til hvordan dette ender viser seg feil for oss begge!

Ellers så ryktes det odds bombe på Bruhagen idag - AK-Steinkjer iflg. Petter C. Singsaas så er Steinkjer elendig og AK er ett godt valg på Oddsen.

Tvi tvi med matchen girls and boys![:D]

"finnes det overhodet noen på kloden som  kler ORANGE"

Ã…lesund er på plass (sist i TL) sitat Henrik Elvestad i Golden Goal 17.04.07
Hørt på Living Room; "where's the cardmachine"?

Svend Anders

« Svar #78 på: April 21, 2007, 21:21:43 »
LAGET (ennå ikke bekreftet):

Casper - Fraz, Rui, Heath, Elliott - Blake, Kish, Thompson, Lewis - Healy, Cresswell

HVOR ER GRAY!?

http://www.svendanders.com/

Ferre

« Svar #79 på: April 21, 2007, 21:23:44 »
Saints: Bialkowski, Baird, Lundekvam, Pele, Skacel, Viafara, Idiakez, Guthrie, Surman, Jones, Rasiak. Subs: Best, Wright-Phillips, Cranie, Belmadi, Davis.

Leeds: Ankergren, Richardson, Heath, Marques, Elliott, Blake, Kishishev, Thompson, Lewis, Cresswell, Healy. Subs: Kandol, Moore, Foxe, Sa, Stack.

-WE'LL BE BACK-

MrK

« Svar #80 på: April 21, 2007, 21:25:44 »
Sitat
Originally posted by Svend Anders

LAGET (ennå

hva er det slags tegnsett du bruker?

"finnes det overhodet noen på kloden som  kler ORANGE"

Ã…lesund er på plass (sist i TL) sitat Henrik Elvestad i Golden Goal 17.04.07
Hørt på Living Room; "where's the cardmachine"?

auren

« Svar #81 på: April 21, 2007, 21:26:31 »
Ankers - Frazer, Heath, Rui, Elliott - Blake, Kish, Thompson, Lewis - Cressy og Healy

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

auren

« Svar #82 på: April 21, 2007, 21:27:52 »
Synd at Gray er skada.. 2 nye i backfireren. Det kan ikke ende bra... Huff, ble pessimistisk med tanke på poeng nu...

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

Svend Anders

« Svar #83 på: April 21, 2007, 21:27:56 »
Byttet nå, vet ikke hvorfor men når jeg går på OEF har det en tendens til å hoppe automatisk fra Vestlig til Unicode ett eller annet...

Tom S

« Svar #84 på: April 21, 2007, 21:28:11 »
Laget ser greit ut, glad for at Thommo er klar.

Men, kva har skjedd med Gray?
Venstresida vår har fungert bortimot perfekt etter at Gray kom i på venstre backplassen, vil den gjere det med Eliott?? Skeptisk....

Savner også JJ på benken.

Come On Leeds !!

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

auren

« Svar #85 på: April 21, 2007, 21:32:57 »
Det er sant Tom S. Merkelig at JJ ikke blir funnet en plass verdig på benken. Kandol og Moore i stedet. Merkelig! Kunne likt å sett denne benken: Stack, Foxe, Sa, Howson, JJ.

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

Svend Anders

« Svar #86 på: April 21, 2007, 21:33:04 »
For en halvtime siden var jeg på LUTV og så videoklipp - nå må jeg registrere meg... er det HELT tilfeldig at det er nøyaktig to måneder siden jeg sist betalte, eller er det sånn for flere?

Forøvrig: nå funker det for de med Mac også (i alle fall hvis du laster ned Flip4Mac)

SA

Tom S

« Svar #87 på: April 21, 2007, 21:44:45 »
Står på lufc.com at Gray har pådratt seg skade, håper ikkje den setter han utanfor resten av sesongen. Trenger han mot traktorgutta og geitene.

Lat oss berre håpe at Eliott er up for it, han har vel ikkje spelt for mykje denne sesongen...

we are leeds

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Oggy

« Svar #88 på: April 21, 2007, 21:46:24 »
Skulle heller sett Lewis på backen i dag, og muligens en JJ
som kontringsspiller på midten.

Men vi får gi Elliot en sjanse, før vi feller dommen.
Oggy

B-m

« Svar #89 på: April 21, 2007, 21:48:58 »
Lykke til idag!!!!

Melder deg senere Erik, forklarer da! :)
---------------------------
who killed Trondheimwhite?