Skrevet av Emne: v Southampton  (Lest 43800 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

chief

Re: v Southampton
« Svar #30 på: April 16, 2007, 19:04:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by auren

I følge mine predictions er ikke 4 poeng nok... (Les tråden "De resterende kampene"). Tror vi må ha 5-6 poeng dessverre...

auren

Leeds
Till
I
Die!

Hull tar ikke mer enn 3 poeng til [8D]

1 4 all and all 4 1
1 4 all and all 4 1

Will

« Svar #31 på: April 16, 2007, 20:10:05 »
Heath og Michalik spilte meget solid mot Burnley, noe som lover meget bra for kampen mot Soton.

Leeds United's fourth successive home victory saw them nudge closer to Championship survival as Burnley's three-match winning sequence came to an end.

The Turf Moor side were rarely allowed to get into their stride by a Leeds outfit still reeling from their defeat at Colchester United on Easter Monday.

After their recent good run, Burnley were not surprisingly unchanged. Leeds welcomed back Richard Cresswell, Robbie Blake and Frazer Richardson, David Healy captaining the side in the absence of suspended Jonathan Douglas.

Leeds grabbed the only goal of the game in the 21st minute lead when former Burnley striker Blake won a corner off Paul McVeigh and Alan Thompson's flag kick to the far post was headed in by the leaping Matt Heath who collected his third goal of the season.

The lead was almost doubled four minutes later when Richardson's 30-yard attempt thudded against the bar.

Leeds remained on the offensive and it needed spectacular saves by Dane Brian Jensen to keep out close-range headers from Cresswell and Heath.

Burnley gave Leeds' own Danish keeper Casper Ankergren little employment until just before the interval when he had to dive bravely at Wayne Thomas' feet to save on the corner of the six-yard box.

The Clarets increased the tempo after the break but Heath and Lubo Michalik were rock solid at the heart of Leeds' defence and Thomas almost headed past his own keeper when defending a header from Eddie Lewis.

Leeds deserved their victory but remain in the bottom three on goal difference.

WG
WG

Budda

« Svar #32 på: April 16, 2007, 20:16:23 »
Bra at midtstopperne bygger på seg selvtillit. Det kan bli helt avgjørende om vi overlever eller ikke. Synes Michalik har virket veldig sterk i duellspillet. Svakheten er at de ofte blir tatt på fart.
Endre

kjelvi

« Svar #33 på: April 16, 2007, 20:22:04 »
Surman ready for Leeds fight
Southampton midfielder Andrew Surman is up for a battle this weekend against relegation threatened Leeds United.
Surman told the official site: 'Leeds are battling for survival so it will not be an easy game at all.
We fully expect a fight and we will be ready for it. We will be well up for this one because it is so vital for us too.
'We felt we needed to win three out of four - now it is three out of three. We cannot afford to slip up so we will go all out against Leeds.'

southampton.vitalfootball.co.u

Per-Stian

« Svar #34 på: April 17, 2007, 17:14:57 »
Southampton could be missing 5 key players for the vital game against Leeds United.

If Saints have any realistic ideas of reaching the playoffs this season, they will have to pick up 9 points from their remaining 3 matches. Starting with Leeds this weekend.

So the news that Saints could be without Darren Powell who needs a knee operation, Jermaine Wright who needs a hernia operation, Alexander Ostlund who is struggling with a groin strain, Claus Lundekvam and Gareth Bale (calf tear) could end Saints promotion hopes before the whistle is even blown at SMS.

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=61661

Papi

« Svar #35 på: April 17, 2007, 17:18:06 »
Tipper 3 av desse starter i helgen.....

I`d rather walk alone
As I Walk Through The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil

Per-Stian

« Svar #36 på: April 17, 2007, 17:23:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Papi

Tipper 3 av desse starter i helgen.....

Hadde ikkje gjort meg noko om Bale er ute mot oss. Jamma, Östlund og Lundekvam kan godt spele - ikkje spelarar eg fryktar spesielt akkurat.

ragnar

« Svar #37 på: April 17, 2007, 17:50:39 »
Dette blir en tøff kamp uannsett hvem som spiller for Southampton. Nå må Leeds gjøre jobben selv. Enig med de som sier at med Blake og thommo i midtbane leddet så blir det litt lett. I hvertfall med tanke på at thommo nettopp er tilbake fra skade.

*Champions of CCC 06/07*
*In El Loco we trust!*

RoarG

« Svar #38 på: April 17, 2007, 18:16:04 »
Hyggelige nyheter fra Southampton, dette. Det blir selvsagt tøft og jevnt der nede, men vi får gå for ett poeng[:)].

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

sig

« Svar #39 på: April 17, 2007, 21:14:26 »
Saints er i dårlig form, 2-1-5 på de 8 siste. I tillegg er Bale ute (i følge sky). Tror faktisk vi vinner denne:)

baste

« Svar #40 på: April 17, 2007, 22:17:43 »
Vi vinner...1-3...3 viktige poeng.

spent....nervene kryper innpå..og det er ikke pga eksamen torsdag...Come on Leeds..

Per-Stian

« Svar #41 på: April 17, 2007, 23:41:52 »
Herleg å høyre optimismen frå dåkke. Det varmar ei sår sjel som har forberedt seg på nedrykk. Alt anna enn tap tek eg som ein megabonus, og det vil kanskje halde til fornya kontrakt[:)]

berlin

« Svar #42 på: April 18, 2007, 04:35:50 »
skal ikke trekke ned optimismen for mange hakk jeg. Jeg er av den oppfatning at denne kampen er ytterst uforutsigbar, det kan vippe begge veier, men alle vet jo at Leeds meget sjelden spiller uavgjort. Hmmm, kanskje det er nettopp uavgjort det blir - og vi takker for det, spes hvis ikke det går revva for Hull, Barnsley, Leicester og nja...QPR.

kjelvi

« Svar #43 på: April 19, 2007, 06:57:32 »
Burley eyes 'massive' Leeds game
Southampton manager George Burley believes Saturday's match with Leeds can define their Championship season.
Saints must win the final three matches of the season if they are to have any hope of a top-six finish.
Burley told the club's official website: "They are a huge club fighting for their lives but we are battling hard to get back into the Premiership and this is a massive game for us.
"If we are going to make the play-offs then we really need to win our last three."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #44 på: April 19, 2007, 07:11:19 »
Baird well aware of Healy threat

Southampton defender Chris Baird is well aware of the threat posed by David Healy, who will visit St Mary's with Leeds on Saturday.

Saints require a victory to enhance their play-off prospects, while Leeds are battling to climb out of the relegation zone.
And Northern Ireland striker Healy could end Saints' hopes of a top-six finish, according to Baird.
The defender told the club's official website: "I know him well and he is very difficult to play against. He is a good striker and a top-class finisher and if he gets a chance he will take it.
"He has done unbelievably well for Northern Ireland and we will have to make sure we do not give him any kind of opening on Saturday.
"We can't afford to give him a chance as he would punish us."

TeamTalk
« Siste redigering: April 19, 2007, 07:12:18 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #45 på: April 19, 2007, 07:17:55 »
Southampton allocated United more than 3,000 tickets for this Saturday's game between the sides at St Mary's Stadium and all tickets for visiting fans have now been sold.

kjelvi

« Svar #46 på: April 20, 2007, 02:32:57 »
Burley upbeat despite injuries
Southampton boss George Burley has vowed to keep fighting for a play-off place despite his side's continual injury problems this season.
On-loan Polish striker Marek Saganowski is the latest victim of Saints' injury curse, having been ruled out for up to four weeks with a groin tear which has effectively ended his season and, possibly, his Saints career.
Gareth Bale is also struggling to figure again this term with a calf tear while the likes of Djamel Belmadi, Claus Lundekvam, Darren Powell, Rudi Skacel, Andrew Surman, Inigo Idiakez and Kenwyne Jones have all missed large chunks of the season.
"There's no doubt we've been very unlucky this season with injuries - sometimes that luck goes with you and sometimes it doesn't," said Burley.
"It doesn't detract from the fact we're still in there and have plenty to play for."

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #47 på: April 20, 2007, 02:45:04 »
Midfielder in fitness race

Leeds United boss Dennis Wise is waiting on the fitness of Alan Thompson ahead of the clash at Southampton on Saturday.
The midfielder has been hit by a succession of injuries since his arrival at the club in January and he is again doubtful for this weekend.
Wise, though, has confirmed that Thompson apart, he has no other injury worries.  
He said: "Things have gone well this week and I am only waiting on the fitness of Alan Thompson."

Clubcall.com

R - R

« Svar #48 på: April 20, 2007, 15:49:02 »
hel****, få denne kampen unnagjort... og for den saks skuld resten av sesongen. Blir ei liding dei komande par vekene. Ikkje at sesongen i seg sjølv har vore tung nok, så skal ein som i fjor oppleve at sesongavslutninga skal kulminere i eit ulideleg klimaks. Måtte Leeds banke Southampton i mårra!

- Rune

1. omgang: Southampton 3 Leeds 0
2. omgang: Southampton 3 Leeds 4
[:D]

Job Done Preston, *******
- Rune

Papi

« Svar #49 på: April 20, 2007, 17:04:15 »
Vinner vi mot Saints, har vi store muligheter for fornya kontrakt:)

Og med den skadelisten til Southampten, og Leeds sin brukbare for dei siste 6 - 7 kampene, ser eg nokolunde lyst på morgendagen

I`d rather walk alone
As I Walk Through The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death, I Will Fear No Evil

RoarG

« Svar #50 på: April 20, 2007, 17:08:25 »
Enig her. Leeds har en gylden mulighet til å kapre poeng med de skadeproblemene Saints har. Her kan det bli bonuspoeng.
quote:
Originally posted by Papi

Vinner vi mot Saints, har vi store muligheter for fornya kontrakt:)

Og med den skadelisten til Southampten, og Leeds sin brukbare for dei siste 6 - 7 kampene, ser eg nokolunde lyst på morgendagen

I`d rather walk alone

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Lids

« Svar #51 på: April 20, 2007, 18:00:21 »
Grzegorz Rasiak is set to return to the Southampton attack as fellow Pole Marek Saganowski is out with a groin tear.
Gareth Bale is sidelined with a torn calf muscle, Alexander Ostlund is a doubt with a groin injury and Claus Lundekvam has a pelvic problem.

Leeds midfielder Alan Thompson will have a late fitness test on a hamstring strain - but that is the only new injury the visitors have to cope with.

Skipper Jonathan Douglas sits out the second game of his five-match ban.

Thomas
Thomas

Lids

« Svar #52 på: April 20, 2007, 18:04:27 »
Siste 7 kamper

2006/2007 Sat 18 Nov Leeds Utd. 0 - 3 Southampton CHMP
2005/2006 Sat 19 Nov Southampton 3-4 Leeds Utd. CHMP
2005/2006 Tue 18 Oct Leeds Utd. 2 - 1 Southampton CHMP
2003/2004 Sat 17 Jan Southampton 2 - 1 Leeds Utd. PREM
2003/2004 Tue 26 Aug Leeds Utd. 0 - 0 Southampton PREM
2002/2003 Sat 19 Apr Southampton 3 - 2 Leeds Utd. PREM
2002/2003 Sat 21 Dec Leeds Utd. 1 - 1 Southampton PREM

Thomas
Thomas

Lids

« Svar #53 på: April 20, 2007, 18:11:57 »
Form siste 6 kamper

Leeds Utd. 6 3 2 1 8 6 11
Southampton 6 2 1 3 13 8 7

Thomas
Thomas

Seth_J

« Svar #54 på: April 20, 2007, 19:21:37 »
Noterer med glede at vårens stjerneskudd Marek Saganowski er skadet og er dermed ute av morgendagens kamp. Får mer og mer troen på dette:)

Dennis

« Svar #55 på: April 20, 2007, 19:24:54 »
Jeg har god tru på i morra, til tross for at den gode formen vår består av hjemmeseiere. Vi har vel likevel et par uavgjorte på de tre siste borte og det kan vi også klare i morra!

Det som derimot er skremmende, er hvordan situasjonen kan se ut dersom vi taper og våre rivaler vinner. Hvem spiller Leicester mot? Preston slår forhåpentligvis Leicester, mens Barnsley, Hull og Southend fort kan ta både ett og tre poeng.

Vinner vi og Leicester taper, så tror jeg vi holder oss! Jeg tror nemlig vi slår Ipswich og dersom Leicester da taper for Barnsley, så er vi i Wankership også neste år! [:o)]

- Dennis
« Siste redigering: April 20, 2007, 19:27:42 av Mr Kaizer »
Marching on together!

RoarG

« Svar #56 på: April 20, 2007, 19:33:43 »
Jeg velger også å beholde den gode troen - i allefall til kl. 17.50 lørdag 21.04.
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Kaizer

Jeg har god tru på i morra, til tross for at den gode formen vår består av hjemmeseiere. Vi har vel likevel et par uavgjorte på de tre siste borte og det kan vi også klare i morra!

Det som derimot er skremmende, er hvordan situasjonen kan se ut dersom vi taper og våre rivaler vinner. Hvem spiller Leicester mot? Preston slår forhåpentligvis Leicester, mens Barnsley, Hull og Southend fort kan ta både ett og tre poeng.

Vinner vi og Leicester taper, så tror jeg vi holder oss! Jeg tror nemlig vi slår Ipswich og dersom Leicester da taper for Barnsley, så er vi i Wankership også neste år! [:o)]

- Dennis

Tom S

« Svar #57 på: April 20, 2007, 21:37:46 »
Krise om Thommo er ute!

WE'RE LEEDS AND PROUD!!!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Oggy

« Svar #58 på: April 20, 2007, 21:50:33 »
Vil ikke si krise, men det betyr at en ny spiller får sjansen.
Kanskje Howson, eller Blake inne sentralt - med JJ på høyresiden ???

Håper likvel at Thommo blir klar.
Oggy

berlin

« Svar #59 på: April 20, 2007, 22:25:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by Oggy

Vil ikke si krise, men det betyr at en ny spiller får sjansen.
Kanskje Howson, eller Blake inne sentralt - med JJ på høyresiden ???

Håper likvel at Thommo blir klar.

Enig at JJ er brennaktuell for denne kampen, med sin fart er han vel den eneste virkelig kontrigstrusselen vi hår å by på ( Kontringsfotball har ikke vært vårt våpen denne sesongen )

Det er vel liten tvil om at vi kommer til å oppleve et voldsomt kjør mot oss fra begynnelsen, og at vi må forsvare oss i store deler av kampen, men vi får håpe "den nye backfirern" med Fraz, Heath, Rui og Gray klarer seg bra, ja Kish og flere til for den saks skyld.

Blir viktig å ri av stormen til å begynne med, og prøve å kommme godt inn i kampen deretter.