Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Brighton and Hove Albion 17/1  (Lest 60242 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

KAMP: vs. Brighton and Hove Albion 17/1
« på: Januar 10, 2009, 12:32:13 »

Kamp mot Brighton på Whitdean Stadium lørdag 17. januar, kl. 16

Egen reisetråd: http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=11429.0

To seriekamper mot The Seagulls i 2007-08:
* Seier 1-0 hjemme 20/10: http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=9234.0
* 0-0 borte 29/3: http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=10047.0

Overall Record: 29  13-8-8  39-33
- Home: 9-4-1 26-15
- Away: 4-4-7 13-18

Kjente fjes på Whitdean er:
* David Livermore, som var innom Leeds noen dager sommeren 2006 uten å spille en eneste kamp. Kom fra Millwall, men ble solgt videre til Hull City.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10433~9131,00.html

* Micky Adams er klubbens manager. Han spilte 73 kamper og scoret to mål for Leeds i 1987-89.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Adams

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Home/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_F.C.

kjelvi

Sv: KAMP: vs. Brighton and Hove Albion 17/1
« Svar #1 på: Januar 10, 2009, 12:35:54 »

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: Januar 12, 2009, 23:39:08 »
er det flere ex-spillere som skal komme tilbake å spøke for oss...?!?
selv om det bare er så vidt han kvaler som ex-spiller med sine 10 dager på Elland Road.

Livermore nears Seagulls comeback
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder David Livermore is close to a return to first-team training following his knee injury.
The 28-year-old former Hull and Millwall man suffered a cartilage problem in mid-November and was forced to have an operation.
"David has progressed exceptionally well since his surgery," said Seagulls physio Malcolm Stewart.
"But ground conditions mean we haven't been able to put him back into training. Once the pitches soften up a bit we will put him back in with the rest of the squad."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Livermore
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10433~9131,00.html

kjelvi

kjelvi

« Svar #4 på: Januar 14, 2009, 15:18:39 »
er det flere ex-spillere som skal komme tilbake å spøke for oss...?!?
selv om det bare er så vidt han kvaler som ex-spiller med sine 10 dager på Elland Road.

Livermore nears Seagulls comeback
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder David Livermore is close to a return to first-team training following his knee injury.

Livermore on the way back
David Livermore is ready to increase competition for midfield places for Albion against Leeds on Saturday.
He is back in training after knee cartilage surgery and willing to throw himself into the fray if required by manager Micky Adams.
Livermore said: “My target was to be back for the Leeds game, so we will see what happens.
“I wouldn’t say we are short in areas, because we are lucky enough to be have players who can play in different positions, but with one or two injuries here and there we could be short.
“I need a good week’s training and then see how I feel. I am ready to play whenever the gaffer wants me to.
“If he asked me to play on Saturday I would be delighted but I totally understand I have been out for six weeks and might need to get a bit more training under my belt and one or two games in the reserves.”
Livermore resumed training on Monday as Albion resturned to the grass pitches at their Falmer training headquarters after being forced inside last week by the weather.
“We had an 11 v 11, first team versus reserves, and I felt fine,” Livermore said. “I was a bit leggy towards the end but that is to be expected when you have been out for six weeks.
“As far as I am concerned both the knees are fine. The target was six weeks and it was six weeks last Thursday. It would have been five weeks if the pitches had been better, so I am back slightly ahead of time.
“The extra week has given me a bit more opportunity to do conditioning work and gain a bit more strength in my legs in the gym, so it hasn’t all been bad.”
Livermore’s comeback is well-timed, with Albion preparing for a hectic schedule of two matches a week throughout the rest of January, February and early March.
Leeds would be poignant opponents for the former Arsenal trainee’s return to action.
Livermore spent just ten days as a Leeds player after they signed him from Millwall in the summer of 2006.
The 28-year-old Londoner was moved swiftly on to Hull for an undisclosed fee by the Yorkshiremen once they had landed other midfield targets.
Livermore has struggled to make much of an impact since joining Albion on a two-year contract in July.
He has been restricted to a dozen starts and four substitute appearances, scoring his only goal in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy against Swindon at Withdean in November.
Livermore, an FA Cup finalist with Millwall, admitted: “I was disappointed with my form when I first came, then I got into the team and had the problem with the knee.
“That has knocked me back a bit but there are still a lot of games to go, half the season left, and the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy as well.
“It would be fantastic if we could reach Wembley. The FA Cup final was at the Millennium, so I have never played there. That would be another highlight.”

theargus.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #5 på: Januar 14, 2009, 20:37:53 »
Livermore fit and Burchill urges Adams to sign him

David Livermore has recovered from his injury and is in good contention for Saturdays squad at home to Leeds which will be good news for Adams. While after playing against Reading reserves on Tuesday Trinidad and Tobago International Chris Burchill urges the Albion to sign him, revealing that he prefers the Albion over MLS San Jose Earthquakes according to the Argus.

kjelvi

« Svar #6 på: Januar 15, 2009, 15:13:18 »
Seagulls will come out fighting - Adams

Brighton manager Micky Adams expects his side to come out fighting when they take on Leeds United on Saturday.
The Seagulls have had their last two games called off and are just one place off the League One relegation zone, and ex-White Adams is aware of how important the match is.
Adams said: "Leeds in this division will always be a tough game.
"I would hope we would be up for any game against one of the top clubs in the division. It is an easy game to get players up for."
Albion are still keen to make additions to their squad with midfielder Chris Birchall the latest to be linked with a move to the Withdean.

YEP

kjelvi

« Svar #7 på: Januar 15, 2009, 15:15:24 »
Albion ace a doubt for Leeds
Glenn Murray could miss Albion's glamour home game against Leeds on Saturday.
The 11-goal leading marksman has not trained all week, due to a recurrence of a stomach strain.
Manager Micky Adams told The Argus today: "He is doubtful.
"It's something he had an injection for earlier on in the season and it has just flared up."

kjelvi

« Svar #8 på: Januar 15, 2009, 21:41:48 »
Brighton v Leeds officials

Pat Miller will be the man in charge for Leeds United`s match at Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday.
Mr Miller so far this season has refereed 18 games; in those 18 games that he`s refereed he`s shown 56 yellow cards and 7 reds.
The last game he refereed was the nine goal thriller on the 28th December at Cheltenham when the home side lost 6-3 to Peterborough
Last season he refereed 27 games showing 75 yellow cards and 5 reds.
The last time he was in charge of a Brighton game was earlier this season when they won 1-0 at Northampton Town in the Johnstone`s Paint Trophy.
The last time he was in charge of a Leeds United game was earlier this season when they lost 1-0 at Southend United.

Referee: Mr P. Miller (Bedfordshire)
Assistants: B.C Holderness & K.G Yeo
Fourth Official: A.A Laver

kjelvi

« Svar #9 på: Januar 16, 2009, 09:21:59 »
Double trouble for Seagulls
Brighton v Leeds: Albion, lying precariously close to the relegation places, have not played since December 28th, while visitors Leeds are probably wishing they hadn’t.
United’s home defeat to Carlisle - Simon Grayson’s first in charge - saw the Yorkshire club drift further from the play-off places.
Though their current standing is thanks much to a dismal spell of four consecutive league defeats in November and December. This run saw Gary McAllister sacked shortly before Christmas, with the pressures for success associated with the club proving a burden.
And while McAllister’s departure was welcomed in some quarters, supporters are wary of further Elland Road exits, most notably of their prized young talents.
19-year-old midfielder Fabian Delph is one of a number who have been courted not-so-privately by a handful of Premier League clubs, and he is a man Leeds can ill afford to lose as they seek to renew their play-off push.
Although Grayson has managed to recruit Lee Trundle on loan from Bristol City to boost his striking options, which also include Jermaine Beckford and Luciano Becchio, who have managed 21 league strikes between them.
Brighton meanwhile hold different concerns, the most pressing of which is their battle against relegation.
A crucial victory at Swindon prior to the New Year was the Seagulls’ first in eight league games, form which has led disgruntled fans to question Micky Adams’ tactics.
With just two victories at home all season, it is not difficult to see why Albion’s plight is so.
However, they can boast a presentable forward line, spearheaded by the experienced Nicky Forster, who is partnered by either top scorer Glenn Murray, or Charlton loanee Stuart Fleetwood.
While on Saturday, Adams’ charges will have to contend with the threat of Leeds wide-man Brad Johnson, who scored 5 times while on loan at the Withdean earlier in the season.
When the sides met in October, Murray’s 93rd minute goal for Albion proved merely a consolation, as United ran out 3-1 winners.
And, with 14 victories from the 30 games the sides have played to date, expect the Yorkshiremen to bounce back from Saturday’s defeat, and send the Seagulls spiralling further into the relegation mire.

Verdict: Brighton 0-1 Leeds

fillyourboots.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #10 på: Januar 16, 2009, 09:24:02 »
Spotlight on Brighton

Chief football writer Phil Hay takes a close look at Leeds United's opponents tomorrow - Brighton and Hove Albion.

The Gaffer
Micky Adams: Leeds United's former defender is a highly respected figure at Brighton on account of the two-and-a-half years he spent in charge of the club between 1999 and 2001.
He was brought back to the Withdean Stadium at the end of last season to replace Dean Wilkins as manager, an appointment which was slightly controversial.
Wilkins had just completed a steady term as Albion's boss but seemed to lack the confidence of the club's board, who charged Adams with taking the Seagulls forward.

The Danger
Nicky Forster: Glenn Murray is Brighton's leading scorer with 11 goals, including one bagged against Leeds at Elland Road in October, but he has found the net just once in his last ten outings.
Forster's tally for the season stands at ten in all competitions and he has come into form in time for United's visit with three goals in two games.
His brace against Swindon Town handed Brighton a priceless 2-0 victory at the County Ground last month, and he and Murray have built a decent attacking partnership at the Withdean Stadium.
Forster has maintained a respectable strike-rate with every club he has represented, and his record at Brighton shows 22 goals from 54 league starts.

The Form
Brighton's season has been fraught so far and there is little chance of the club repeating the seventh-placed finish they secured in League One under Wilkins last term.
The club have gathered only five victories from their 23 league matches, and they will be at risk of dropping into the relegation zone if they lose to Leeds tomorrow.
Brighton's defensive record is actually better than a number of clubs in the top half of the table and they have not been overly short of goals, but a tally of eight draws has conspired to drop the club down League One.
Adams' side have not had a competitive game since December 28 due to two postponements.

The Odds
United are favourites to win tomorrow's match at the Withdean Stadium, but only just. William Hill go 13-8 about a home victory, 13-10 about an away win and price the draw at 11-5.

The Whistler
Pat Miller: The Bedfordshire official has gone to town with his red card this season, brandishing it seven times in 18 matches.
He was more restrained during Leeds' 1-0 defeat at Southend United in October, limiting himself to three cautions.
This is Miller's fourth full season as a Football League referee.

YEP

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: Januar 16, 2009, 13:24:12 »
Midweek victories by Oldham and Scunthorpe leave United adrift of the play-off positions and the "must win" reference is already appropriate in January!

Sitat fra YEP der flere fans vurderer kampen mot Brighton!!! Dette er et stressmoment som ikke er positivt slik jeg ser det. Ryggen mot veggen allerede nå og utover våren....nei, realismen sier meg følgende- vær tålmodig. Vi rykker opp når tiden er inne, og det er neppe i år!
Yeboahs vitne

Tom S

« Svar #12 på: Januar 16, 2009, 20:15:10 »
Bør Larry sette Dickinson og Naylor rett inn på laget, eller vente til de er mer samspilt/trent med resten laget?
COME ON LEEDS !!

pale

« Svar #13 på: Januar 16, 2009, 20:19:00 »
Sitat
Bør Larry sette Dickinson og Naylor rett inn på laget, eller vente til de er mer samspilt/trent med resten laget?

Rett inn med dem. Hva er ellers vitsen med en måneds lån?
Har nok en gang trua på seier i morgen. Noen som vet om Beckford er klar?

J-R

« Svar #14 på: Januar 16, 2009, 21:30:25 »
Rett inn med alle 3... Beckford er vel klar, men starter sannsynligvis på benken.. I morgen blir det 3 poeng og starten på en skikkelig klatrings periode!!! MARCHING ON!!!!

lojosang

« Svar #15 på: Januar 17, 2009, 01:39:24 »

Samspilte som Marquez og Michailik? Jo, det er nok best ellers kan vi risikere å slippe inn unødvendige baklengsmål. På dødball for eksempel.  :D

Nei, en ting har jeg lært av å spille FM2009. Kast nye spillere innpå rimelig kjapt.

Og last inn gammelt savegame om det går skeis.  ::)
- Leif Olav

Per Arne

• Gjest
« Svar #16 på: Januar 17, 2009, 10:21:03 »

Vi har absolutt ingenting å tape ved å bruke alle 3 fra start. Det kan jo ikke bli stort verre.

:o

jarle

« Svar #17 på: Januar 17, 2009, 13:23:34 »
Very important game today... en borteseier vil kunne gi oss det løftet vi trenger.

Anker
Frazer Mickelik Naylor Dick

Snod Douglas Delph Johnson

Becchio Christie

laddi

« Svar #18 på: Januar 17, 2009, 13:55:31 »
Skal på fotballcup for yngste poden som eg er trener for i dag fra 1500!
Så eg får desverre ikke med meg kampen!
Så MOT tar eg nå!!

Lykke til idag LEED§ venner!!

Bergen Whites

laddi

« Svar #19 på: Januar 17, 2009, 13:55:48 »
Here we go with Leeds United
We're gonna give the boys a hand
Stand up and sing for Leeds United
They are the greatest in the land
Every day, we're all gonna say
We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!
Everywhere, we're gonna be there
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na na na na na na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We've been through it all together
And we've had our ups and downs (ups and downs!)
We're gonna stay with you forever
At least until the world stops turning 'round
Every day, we're all gonna say
Everywhere, we're gonna be there
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na na na na na na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud

Bergen Whites

lufc86

« Svar #20 på: Januar 17, 2009, 14:23:21 »
hiv innpå dickinson og naylor me ein gong.

Håpa på:

anker
fraz, mikkelikk, naylor, dickinson
              douglas
snoddy              johnson
            delph
   beckford, christie
@m_sortland på twitter

Sander

« Svar #21 på: Januar 17, 2009, 14:33:46 »

Håpa på:

anker
              douglas
            delph
   beckford, christie

Enig med laget. Bare et bytte: Trundle inn for Christie

Tom S

« Svar #22 på: Januar 17, 2009, 14:35:05 »

Håpa på:

anker
              douglas
            delph
   beckford, christie

Veldig enig.
Kanskje bytta ut Christie med Trundle og muligens Rui for Lubo.

Idag MÃ… vi ha 3 poeng med oss heim!
COME ON LEEDS !!

Kickthemdown

« Svar #23 på: Januar 17, 2009, 14:46:55 »

Håpa på:

anker
              douglas
            delph
   beckford, christie

Veldig enig.
Kanskje bytta ut Christie med Trundle og muligens Rui for Lubo.

Idag MÃ… vi ha 3 poeng med oss heim!
Viktigste kampen siden play off finalen.

Alta-White

GeirO

« Svar #24 på: Januar 17, 2009, 14:54:39 »
Brighton er svake hjemme denne sesongen med bare to hjemmeseire i ligakamper. Vi har vunnet 5 borteseirer.

Ergo vinner vi. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
MOT

Leeeeeeeeeeeeds

« Svar #25 på: Januar 17, 2009, 15:00:22 »
1 time igjen. Nervøs Viktor idag!
HI MY NAME IS LEEDS, AND WHY NOT. THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

Trond90

« Svar #26 på: Januar 17, 2009, 15:04:17 »
Ã…åå det skal bli godt med 3 poeng i dag! MOT
We are Leeds, We are Proud, Standing up, Singing loud,
and there's nothing you can do against the Yellow Whites and Blue!

berlin

« Svar #27 på: Januar 17, 2009, 15:05:34 »
Har på følelsen at det blir 3 poeng i dag, og det hadde smakt!

SirOlsen

« Svar #28 på: Januar 17, 2009, 15:21:23 »
Jeg er nemlig ikke så sikker på om vi greier dette, jeg... det er som regel når det virkelig gjelder at vi som lag er som dårligst.. og 3 poeng idag og fremover er dødsviktig!
-SirOlsen-

Per-Stian

« Svar #29 på: Januar 17, 2009, 15:24:13 »
Eg ser heller ingen god grunn til å vente med å bruke Dicks og Naylor. Få dei med få start, Grayson!

Håpar på følgjande lag:

Ankergren
Richardson - Michalik - Naylor - Dickinson
Prutton - Douglas - Delph - Snodgrass
Trundle - Beckford