Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 405559 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #120 på: Januar 04, 2010, 13:26:40 »
Alan Shearer wants to take charge of managerless Sheffield Wednesday and hopes to install Gary Speed as his No 2.  (The Sun)

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale has slammed reports the club are close to administration. (The Sun)

* Ipswich boss Roy Keane will fund a bid for Derby hitman Rob Hulse by selling Tamas Priskin and Pablo Counago. (The Sun)
* Roy Keane will ditch Ipswich flops Tamas Priskin and Pablo Counago to fund a bid for Rob Hulse. (Daily Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #121 på: Januar 04, 2010, 17:59:34 »
Carlisle wait on Taiwo decision: Cumbrians agree permanent deal with Chelsea for midfielder
Carlisle United are waiting for Chelsea midfielder Tom Taiwo to make a decision on a permanent move to Brunton Park.
Taiwo spent the first half of the season on loan with the League One side and made 28 appearances for Greg Abbott's men. His initial loan has now expired and Carlisle have agreed a deal with Premier League leaders Chelsea to re-sign the 19-year-old. (..........)

http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,13490.0.html

kjelvi

« Svar #122 på: Januar 04, 2010, 18:00:57 »
Celebrity Big Brother 2010 contestants unveiled 
Footballer-turned-actor Vinnie Jones and actress Stephanie Beacham are among the famous faces in the final series of Channel 4's Celebrity Big Brother.

VINNIE JONES; He's been emotional... and attritional
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/archive/Vinnie-Jones-article631.html?

kjelvi

« Svar #123 på: Januar 04, 2010, 18:10:49 »
Elding leaves Crewe: Striker tipped to move to Hungary with Ferencvaros

Anthony Elding has left Crewe Alexandra after the striker agreed to a mutual termination of his contract at Gresty Road.
The 27-year-old has been on the transfer list at Crewe and has spent the past two months on loan at Blue Square Premier club Kettering.
Railwaymen boss Dario Gradi revealed he was not expecting Elding to return to the club and his departure has now been confirmed.
"I would like to thank everyone at Crewe Alexandra for everything they have done for me, the staff, the coaches, the fans, everyone," Elding told the club's official website.
"I wish them all the luck for the rest of the season and beyond and thank them for bringing me here and giving me a chance to resurrect my career.
"Unfortunately, this is the way things go in football sometimes, but I am very grateful for everything that Crewe have done for me."
Elding, who scored just three goals after joining from Leeds United in 2008, has been tipped to move to Hungarian outfit Ferencvaros.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #124 på: Januar 04, 2010, 18:26:31 »
Carlisle wait on Taiwo decision: Cumbrians agree permanent deal with Chelsea for midfielder
Carlisle United are waiting for Chelsea midfielder Tom Taiwo to make a decision on a permanent move to Brunton Park.
Taiwo spent the first half of the season on loan with the League One side and made 28 appearances for Greg Abbott's men. His initial loan has now expired and Carlisle have agreed a deal with Premier League leaders Chelsea to re-sign the 19-year-old. (..........)

http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,13490.0.html

Hehehe... Ja, det var nok dette du håpte på da du forlot Leeds, din... din...

;D

:(
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjelvi

« Svar #125 på: Januar 05, 2010, 00:28:49 »
(..........) Midfielder Fabian Delph is another player to have been connected with a January departure from Villa Park.
It is understood that Cardiff are keen to bring in the former Leeds man on loan but O'Neill insists he would block any approach.
"The answer would be no," he stressed. "Because he played so many games for Leeds, he would have liked to play a bit more often this season.
"But it is the kind of season I envisaged for him. It is hard breaking into the side but I thought his contribution in the first half on Saturday against Blackburn was brilliant." (SKY)

kjelvi

« Svar #126 på: Januar 05, 2010, 13:21:33 »

Chelsea's Tom Taiwo set to leave Stamford Bridge after Leeds United legal feud

Chelsea have decided to allow one of the players who was at the centre of a bitter £5 million legal feud with Leeds United to leave the Stamford Bridge club.
The Premier League club are now finalising terms with Carlisle over young midfielder Tom Taiwo who moved to Chelsea from Leeds along with fellow England Under-16 international Michael Woods in highly controversial circumstances.
The move in 2006 saw Leeds have made a formal complaint to the Football League over three alleged illegal approaches by Chelsea. The league has referred the complaint to the Football Association as it involves a Premier League club.
Leeds chairman Ken Bates claimed the Blues signed youngsters Michael Woods and Taiwo after making illegal approaches and that his former club failed in an attempts to sign a third teenager, Danny Rose.
The feud was eventually settled out of court and ended with Leeds accepting £5 million in compensation from Chelsea and Bates withdrew his complaints.
Chelsea's youth policy has been surrounded by controversy and last year FIFA imposed a transfer ban - subsequently lifted - on the club over their recruitment of Gael Kakuta from French side Lens.
Leeds-born Taiwo, 19, has failed to make a single senior appearance for Chelsea and was sent out on loan at Port Vale and went on trial at the Major League Soccer club Seattle Sounders last year before heading to Cumbria.
He has spent this season on loan at League One side Carlisle and Brunton Park officials say they expect to finalise terms on a permanent deal before this weekend's visit of Millwall.
"We have been talking to Chelsea on and off over the course of the last month, and we have reached an agreement with them about the player,"
Carlisle co-owner and chief executive John Nixon said. "This one is taking slightly longer than normal because we want to make the deal a permanent one, rather than just a further loan.
"The clubs have agreed terms, and it is now a case of finalising the remaining details with the player and his representatives.
"We expect to have something concluded during the early part of this week."
Woods, who is still on Chelsea's books, and Taiwo, were nurtured at the Leeds's Thorp Arch academy that has produced Paul Robinson, Alan Smith, Jonathan Woodgate, Harry Kewell, James Milner and Aaron Lennon.
York-born Woods, who is the nephew of Grimsby manager Neil Woods, has made two appearances for Chelsea in the FA Cup although he has been confined to reserve team football for the last three years.

telegraph.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #127 på: Januar 05, 2010, 19:16:10 »
Richard Cresswell is to hold talks over a permanent move from Stoke to Sheffield United, where he has been on loan. (Mirror)
Cresswell to join Sheffield United on permanent deal
RICHARD CRESSWELL has agreed to join Sheffield United on a permanent basis following a successful loan spell at Bramall Lane.
Cresswell, who is currently on loan from Stoke City, suffered a broken rib in October but returned to action two games ago as a replacement for the injured Darius Henderson.
The former Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, and York City player will sign an 18-month deal in January with the Blades paying a nominal fee to Stoke.

Blades swoop for Cresswell: United make Cresswell signing permanent
Sheffield United have completed the permanent signing of Richard Cresswell from Stoke City for an undisclosed fee.
The striker joined the Blades on loan at the end of September and has proved his commitment to the cause by recently playing through the pain barrier after picking up a rib injury.
The signing will boost United manager Kevin Blackwell who has fellow frontmen Darius Henderson, Ched Evans and Henri Camera either injured or suspended.
The former Preston and Leeds man has managed three goals in nine games during his brief stint at Bramall Lane including the equaliser in the 1-1 draw with QPR in the FA Cup third round on Sunday.
"You know what you get with Richard - it is 100 per cent every time he turns out and his experience of this division makes him an important presence for us," Blackwell told the club's official website.
Meanwhile Cresswell is already aiming to fire United back to where they belong in the Premier League.
"The club is geared to the Premier League," he said. "I am sure we can mount a strong challenge for promotion in the second half of the season.
"We are still in contention despite all the injuries we had before Christmas, but they have all cleared up now and we are ready to push on.
"I will never forget the wonderful time I had at Stoke and I was delighted to play a key role in helping them to get where they are today."

kjelvi

« Svar #128 på: Januar 06, 2010, 00:02:20 »
Dorthe møtte fotballbølle
- Vinnie Jones åpnet hele sin verden for meg, sier Dorthe Skappel.
I sin nye serie tar Dorthe Skappel for seg mennesker som har en dyp lidenskap for hobbyen sin, og i første episode handler det om fotball.
- Selv har jeg aldri hatt et spesielt nært forhold til fotball. Jeg har sett nevøene mine spille kamp én gang, og ektemannen min spilte tidligere på et Old Boys-lag før han måtte gi seg. Han fikk strekk hele tiden, humrer Dorthe Skappel til Side2.
- Så jeg må nok innrømme at jeg er mer opptatt av menneskene enn selve sporten.

Fotballsnakk med Vinnie
Dorthe er ikke en dame som gjør ting halvveis, og når hun skal lære seg om lidenskapen til fotball, er hun ikke snauere enn at hun drar på kaffebesøk til selveste Vinnie Jones.
Jones hadde en lang og til tider skandaløs fotballkarriere som gikk over 15 år. Han ble kjent for sin relativt brutale og kompromissløse stil, noe han igjen fikk bruk for i sin nye jobb som filmstjerne i blant annet «Lock, stock and two smoking barrels» og «X-Men: The last stand».
- Jeg var faktisk ganske nervøs før det møtet. Jeg har truffet ham før, men da som filmstjerne. Nå skulle vi møtes på hans enemerker og snakke om fotball, forteller Dorthe.

Vil helst spille fotball
- Han var en bølle på fotballbanen og spiller bøller på film, men var faktisk kjempesøt og veldig åpen. Han inviterte oss hjertelig hjem til seg, og åpnet hele sin verden for meg, sier hun.
- Jeg ble overrasket over hvor viktig fotball hadde vært i livet hans. Han hadde et så sterkt forhold til det at han fortalte meg at han heller ville fortsatt å spille fotball istedet for å bli filmstjerne om han hadde kunnet. En ganske absurd uttalelse i en by der 90 prosent av befolkningen ville myrdet for filmsuksessen hans, sier hun og ler.
Dorthe forteller at hun hadde en forestilling om at folk som var lidenskapelig opptatt av fotball sjeldent hadde plass til noe annet i livet sitt.
- Men det stemte jo absolutt ikke. Vinnie var et flott menneske, med en innmarig lidenskap han ville dele med meg.

Ble ikke fan
Programlederens manglende kunnskap om fotball var heller ikke noe problem
- Han hadde full forståelse for at jeg ikke visste så mye, og han hadde ingen problem med å skjønne at ikke alle har et like intenst forhold til fotball. Når man møter mennesker som har denne lidenskapen til noe, så vil de at det skal smitte og er så glade for snakke om noe de er opptatte av.
- Nå skjønner jeg greia med samholdet i fotball. Man blir kompiser, deler sorger og gleder og det er et utrolig nært og tett miljø, påpeker hun.
Men selv om Dorthe har all denne nye innsikten om fotball, betyr det ikke at hun er travelt opptatt med å bestille biletter til neste års fotball-VM.
- Nei, jeg har lært mye, men ikke blitt spesielt mer opptatt av fotball enn det jeg var før. Det handler vel mer om å være åpen for nye ting du kanskje ellers ikke ville brydd deg med. Man får med seg så mye interessant på den måten. Jeg kan masse om mye rart fordi jeg rett og slett har latt meg begeistre.

Se «Ekstrem Lidenskap» på TV 2, tirsdager klokken 20.00

Nettavisen.no

lojosang

« Svar #129 på: Januar 06, 2010, 00:48:40 »
Eh... Hvordan er toleransen for Sa Brura-vister på dette forum?  ;D
- Leif Olav

kjelvi

« Svar #130 på: Januar 06, 2010, 20:35:09 »
Leeds United to make decision on Haber
Haber prøver seg i Hartlepool!
Haber prøver fortsatt - nå i Luton Town!
Neste stopp: Darlington F.C. (fortsatt på trail)
Forsøker seg nå i Rotherham U.
"still tryin to find a club man"
Meldingen fra Marcus Haber
Jager fortsatt - nå på trail hos Gillingham
Jager fortsatt kontrakt i Gillingham. Skal spille reservelagskamp mot Palace i kveld - og får da trolig 'dommen' om det blir kontrakt eller ei.
Ikke akkurat fortsatt aktuell for Leeds, men likevel gøyalt å følge hans jakt etter kontrakt.
Nå på plass i LASK Linz i Østerrike på trail.
Omsider har vår kanadiske venn gitt opp. Etter å ha prøvet seg i flere østerriske klubber vender han nå nesen hjem til Vancouver.
Etter en kanonsesong i Vancouver Whitecaps (som tar steget opp i MLS neste år) prøver vår venn seg på nytt i UK....

BAGGIES LOOKING AT CANADIAN ACE
West Brom boss Roberto Di Matteo has taken Canadian forward Marcus Haber on trial.
The 20-year-old is currently with Vancouver Whitecaps in his homeland, but he is keen to return to Europe.
He was previously on the books of Dutch side FC Groningen, but failed to make it into their first team.
He had trials with Leeds, Gillingham and Hartlepool last year, but a move did not materialise and he joined The Whitcaps in February this year.
WEST BROM AGREE HABER FEE
West Brom have agreed an undisclosed fee with Vancouver Whitecaps for promising striker Marcus Haber.
The 20-year-old trained with the Championship club back in November and did enough to earn a move to The Hawthorns.
Haber, who had a spell with Dutch club Groningen earlier in his career, is now travelling to England to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.
Baggies boss Roberto Di Matteo has been looking to improve his squad and will hope to agree a contract with Haber. (PA)

kjelvi

« Svar #131 på: Januar 06, 2010, 20:39:04 »
Chelsea's Tom Taiwo set to leave Stamford Bridge after Leeds United legal feud
Chelsea have decided to allow one of the players who was at the centre of a bitter £5 million legal feud with Leeds United to leave the Stamford Bridge club.
The Premier League club are now finalising terms with Carlisle over young midfielder Tom Taiwo who moved to Chelsea from Leeds along with fellow England Under-16 international Michael Woods in highly controversial circumstances.

Carlisle United sign Chelsea's Tom Raiwo
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/carlisle_united/8444003.stm

Chelsea release Tom Taiwo three years after 'poaching' allegations
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/06/leeds-chelsea-carlisle-tom-taiwo?

Chelsea's Tom Taiwo signs permanent deal with Carlisle
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1241056/Chelseas-Tom-Taiwo-signs-permanent-deal-Carlisle.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0braCJiKq
« Siste redigering: Januar 06, 2010, 20:42:52 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #132 på: Januar 06, 2010, 22:56:39 »
Glasgow giants Celtic are set to join Newcastle in the race to sign Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2781949/Bhoys-in-blunt-move-for-Blade.html
Woves hope to convince Sheffield United's Matthew Kilgallon to join their Premier League survival fight. (Mirror)
Sheffield United have turned down Newcastle's £1m bid for centre-back Matt Kilgallon. (The Sun)
Everton boss David Moyes is ready to move for Sheffield United contract rebel Matthew Kilgallon. (Sunday People)

Sheff Utd keep Kilgallon until end of season
Matthew Kilgallon has pledged to stay with Sheffield United until the end of the season.
Reports suggested Newcastle were ready to seal a move for the former Leeds centre-back, who is out of contract at the end of the campaign.
But the 25-year-old has now confirmed that he will be staying at Bramall Lane until the summer at least.
"We have spoken to Kevin Blackwell to say Matthew is fully committed to Sheffield United until the end of the season," Kilgallon's agent Paul Masterton confirmed.
"We have also informed Newcastle United about the situation.
"Matthew is keen to win promotion with Sheffield United, if that happens we will re-assess the options in the summer."

kjelvi

« Svar #133 på: Januar 06, 2010, 23:01:03 »
Carlisle boss Abbott wants stay with Cumbrians
Carlisle boss Greg Abbott would like to stay at Brunton Park and continue talking the club forward.
His current contract is due to expire at the end of the season.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/carlisle-boss-abbott-wants-stay-cumbrians-555561

http://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10361~1924003,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #134 på: Januar 07, 2010, 08:49:38 »
Glasgow giants Celtic are set to join Newcastle in the race to sign Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2781949/Bhoys-in-blunt-move-for-Blade.html
Woves hope to convince Sheffield United's Matthew Kilgallon to join their Premier League survival fight. (Mirror)
Sheffield United have turned down Newcastle's £1m bid for centre-back Matt Kilgallon. (The Sun)
Everton boss David Moyes is ready to move for Sheffield United contract rebel Matthew Kilgallon. (Sunday People)
Sheff Utd keep Kilgallon until end of season
Matthew Kilgallon has pledged to stay with Sheffield United until the end of the season.
Reports suggested Newcastle were ready to seal a move for the former Leeds centre-back, who is out of contract at the end of the campaign.
Magpies boss Chris Hughton has received a setback after Sheffield United centre-back Matt Kilgallon decided he will remain at Bramall Lane until his contract expires in the summer, despite the clubs having agreed £2m fee.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2797547/CHRIS-HUGHTON-is-reeling-after-Matt-Kilgallons-shock-decision-to-snub-Newcastle.html

kjelvi

« Svar #135 på: Januar 07, 2010, 16:09:57 »
* Phil Brown has hinted Hull City pair Daniel Cousin and Caleb Folan are likely to depart the club in the January transfer window, with Queens Park Rangers keen on the strike duo. (Sky)
* Queens Park Rangers have agreed a loan deal to sign Hull forward Caleb Folan, skysports.com understands.

kjelvi

« Svar #136 på: Januar 08, 2010, 08:48:25 »
United defender Rio Ferdinand could make his long-awaited comeback from injury in the home game with Burnley on 16 January.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-get-injury-boost-with-Rio-Ferdinand-set-to-return-next-week-article280679.html

Matthew Kilgallon will join Everton if Sheffield United fail to reach the Premier League. (Daily Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #137 på: Januar 09, 2010, 13:04:28 »
Worthington set to sign new Northern Ireland deal 
Nigel Worthington is expected to sign a new deal next week to stay on as Northern Ireland manager.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/8448860.stm

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says striker Robbie Keane will only leave White Hart Lane if someone offers £50m for him. Aston Villa and Celtic are interested in the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland forward.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2801200/Harry-Keane-will-cost-50m.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

kjelvi

« Svar #138 på: Januar 10, 2010, 21:07:03 »
Elding leaves Crewe: Striker tipped to move to Hungary with Ferencvaros
Anthony Elding has left Crewe Alexandra after the striker agreed to a mutual termination of his contract at Gresty Road.
The 27-year-old has been on the transfer list at Crewe and has spent the past two months on loan at Blue Square Premier club Kettering. Railwaymen boss Dario Gradi revealed he was not expecting Elding to return to the club and his departure has now been confirmed. Elding, who scored just three goals after joining from Leeds United in 2008, has been tipped to move to Hungarian outfit Ferencvaros.

Former Crewe Alexandra striker Anthony Elding is set to tie up a permanent move to Hungarian side Ferencvaros.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5851816,00.html

kjelvi

« Svar #139 på: Januar 10, 2010, 21:15:54 »
Aston Villa winger James Milner will begin talks to extend his contract until 2015 when the transfer window shuts. The 24-year-old England winger could demand a big pay rise after impressing in his 18 months at the club and Villa boss Martin O'Neill is keen to fend off interest from Liverpool.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/667477/VILLA-WILL-BREAK-WAGE-CAP-TO-KEEP-MILNER-ONeill-moves-to-fend-off-interest-from-Liverpool-in-England-star.html

Matthew Kilgallon will join Everton if Sheffield United fail to reach the Premier League in May. The Blades defender snubbed a £2m move to Newcastle this week in favour of staying at Bramall Lane.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/667733/TOFFEES-MOVE-FOR-BLADES-DEFENDER.html

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #140 på: Januar 11, 2010, 19:44:32 »
David Harvey har hatt et hjeterinfarkt!

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Leeds-United-favourite-has-heart.5972255.jp

Leeds United favourite has heart attack

LEEDS United goalkeeping great David Harvey is in hospital after a heart attack.
Harvey, part of Don Revie's all-conquering Leeds set-up of the 1960s and 1970s, had the attack at his home on Sanday in the Orkney Islands.

He was airlifted to the Scottish mainland and is now in an undisclosed hospital in Edinburgh.

Wife June has been by the former Scottish international's bedside. She said that her husband was "on the mend" and should be ready to go home later this week.

News of Harvey's illness brought a get well soon message from Ray Fell, chairman of the Leeds United Supporters' Club.

He said: "I'm sure the supporters' club will, to a man, want to see David back on his feet as soon as possible."

Harvey, who is a postman on Sanday, made more than 350 appearances for Leeds during two spells.

He spent several years as understudy to Gary Sprake but eventually became first-choice keeper in the 1971-72 season.

Harvey played a starring role in United's 1972 FA Cup final win over Arsenal. He also appeared for Scotland in the 1974 World Cup, although an injury ruled him out of Leeds's 1975 European Cup final game against Bayern Munich.

Harvey, nicknamed 'The Viking' on account of his droopy moustache and shoulder-length hair, left United for a spell with Canada's Vancouver Whitecaps in 1979 before making a brief return to Elland Road in 1983.

He upped sticks in the mid-1990s for the Orkney Islands and a laid-back existence far removed from the glare of the soccer spotlight.

Speaking in 1998, Harvey said: "I wish I had moved to Sanday years earlier. It is not as if we are living in the Arctic Circle and cut off from the rest of civilisation but it is a world away from city life.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

kjelvi

« Svar #141 på: Januar 13, 2010, 12:27:03 »
Port Vale's Horsfield may consider retirement 
Port Vale assistant manager Geoff Horsfield admits that he may retire from football at the end of the season, if his injury record does not improve.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/8452967.stm

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has revealed that striker Sam Vokes will not leave the club during the January transfer window.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5854829,00.html

raggen

« Svar #142 på: Januar 13, 2010, 17:57:50 »
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

anders

Promotion 2010

« Svar #144 på: Januar 22, 2010, 00:52:50 »
Skysport-rykte...fra onkærn til pålitelig kilde...:

Liam Squire (Newcastle United) says...
My uncle works as a taxi driver in the Newcastle area and had Alan Smith in his taxi yesterday. He said he took him to the station where he was boarding a train to Liverpool Lime street for a proposed 2.5 m move to Everton. Hope this is not true, my uncle said Smudger was gutted to be leaving but was sold against his wishes. Sad day for the barcodes

???
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #145 på: Januar 22, 2010, 13:18:30 »
Skysport-rykte...fra onkærn til pålitelig kilde...:

Liam Squire (Newcastle United) says...
My uncle works as a taxi driver in the Newcastle area and had Alan Smith in his taxi yesterday. He said he took him to the station where he was boarding a train to Liverpool Lime street for a proposed 2.5 m move to Everton. Hope this is not true, my uncle said Smudger was gutted to be leaving but was sold against his wishes. Sad day for the barcodes

???

Fantastsisk!!! Også i drosja da...! Solgt mot sin vilje igjen ja....hmmm...hva den karen blir utsatt for, men er det mulig at en eventuell overgang for ham ville komme på en slik sum nå???
Yeboahs vitne

torivar

• Gjest

testo

« Svar #147 på: Januar 23, 2010, 23:47:56 »
Jonathan Woodgate

Jonathan Woodgate enjoyed the best part of a decade with our FA Cup opponents Leeds United and credits them for his 16-year career in the game to date, so it's not surprising that he wants to see the Elland Road side recapture their former glories.

Our 30-year-old centre-half - who celebrated his landmark birthday just yesterday - took the first formative steps on the footballing ladder when he signed schoolboy forms with Leeds as a 14-year-old, working his way through their youth system before going on to experience the highs of a Champions League semi-final with the club.

'Woody' had moved to Newcastle United by the time Leeds' decline had begun, slipping out of the Premier League in 2004 and dropping further down when they were relegated to League One three years later, but he still felt their pain.

Like everyone connected with the Whites, he was saddened too as their financial problems led to administration and the very existence of the club seemed in danger. Yet, from those troubled times has emerged a new Leeds United. Currently on an upward curve, they arrive at the Lane top of League One under the management of Simon Grayson, confidence high that they can produce another cup upset to go with their defeat of Manchester United in the third round, and Jonathan hopes these are the early days of another successful spell in the club's history.

"It's not nice to see one of the clubs you care about sliding down the leagues," he said. "But the team they've got there now is playing really well, they have some good players and hopefully they can get back to where they belong. I'm hoping they will win promotion this season and start their climb back up to the Premier League.

"I went to watch Leeds in the Championship play-off final against Watford in 2006 when they lost 3-0. I was really gutted because I thought they were going to bounce straight back into the top-flight, which would have made all the difference at the time. As it was though, by the end of the next season they were in League One and it was sad to see."

It was a mere 10 seasons ago that United battled their way into the Champions League semis, with just Spanish giants Valencia standing between them and a place in the final. They'd had an amazing campaign, beating the likes of Milan, Besiktas, Lazio, Anderlecht and Deportivo, with Woody involved in five matches, including a home draw against Barcelona and a 0-2 Elland Road defeat to Real Madird, where he would later play.

They were heady times for Leeds and Woody, who can't praise enough the education he received at the club during those early days, which gave him the grounding to be able to experience such dramatic Euro nights in Yorkshire.

"Leeds gave me the platform to make it as a footballer," he reveals. "They had a great culture in that youth set-up, with the likes of Eddie Gray and Paul Hart. They really taught you, not just how to play football but how to be a man. Without that, I wouldn't have had the career I've had. But I had such a fantastic time there and those Champions League nights were brilliant.

"The atmosphere at Elland Road was unbelievable, just fantastic occasions. All the top teams came that season and we almost went all the way. We drew at home to Valencia in the semi, but lost 3-0 in the Mestella. I was on the bench for both games but they were an amazing experience."
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/woodyintheprogramme230110.html
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

sportcarl1

« Svar #148 på: Januar 24, 2010, 00:07:35 »
Jonathan Woodgate

Jonathan Woodgate enjoyed the best part of a decade with our FA Cup opponents Leeds United and credits them for his 16-year career in the game to date, so it's not surprising that he wants to see the Elland Road side recapture their former glories.

Our 30-year-old centre-half - who celebrated his landmark birthday just yesterday - took the first formative steps on the footballing ladder when he signed schoolboy forms with Leeds as a 14-year-old, working his way through their youth system before going on to experience the highs of a Champions League semi-final with the club.

'Woody' had moved to Newcastle United by the time Leeds' decline had begun, slipping out of the Premier League in 2004 and dropping further down when they were relegated to League One three years later, but he still felt their pain.

Like everyone connected with the Whites, he was saddened too as their financial problems led to administration and the very existence of the club seemed in danger. Yet, from those troubled times has emerged a new Leeds United. Currently on an upward curve, they arrive at the Lane top of League One under the management of Simon Grayson, confidence high that they can produce another cup upset to go with their defeat of Manchester United in the third round, and Jonathan hopes these are the early days of another successful spell in the club's history.

"It's not nice to see one of the clubs you care about sliding down the leagues," he said. "But the team they've got there now is playing really well, they have some good players and hopefully they can get back to where they belong. I'm hoping they will win promotion this season and start their climb back up to the Premier League.

"I went to watch Leeds in the Championship play-off final against Watford in 2006 when they lost 3-0. I was really gutted because I thought they were going to bounce straight back into the top-flight, which would have made all the difference at the time. As it was though, by the end of the next season they were in League One and it was sad to see."

It was a mere 10 seasons ago that United battled their way into the Champions League semis, with just Spanish giants Valencia standing between them and a place in the final. They'd had an amazing campaign, beating the likes of Milan, Besiktas, Lazio, Anderlecht and Deportivo, with Woody involved in five matches, including a home draw against Barcelona and a 0-2 Elland Road defeat to Real Madird, where he would later play.

They were heady times for Leeds and Woody, who can't praise enough the education he received at the club during those early days, which gave him the grounding to be able to experience such dramatic Euro nights in Yorkshire.

"Leeds gave me the platform to make it as a footballer," he reveals. "They had a great culture in that youth set-up, with the likes of Eddie Gray and Paul Hart. They really taught you, not just how to play football but how to be a man. Without that, I wouldn't have had the career I've had. But I had such a fantastic time there and those Champions League nights were brilliant.

"The atmosphere at Elland Road was unbelievable, just fantastic occasions. All the top teams came that season and we almost went all the way. We drew at home to Valencia in the semi, but lost 3-0 in the Mestella. I was on the bench for both games but they were an amazing experience."
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/woodyintheprogramme230110.html
  inte för att vara spydig mot Woody, man jag gillade det han skrev(ler):they really taught you, not just to play fotball but to be a man...no comments

Smudge17

« Svar #149 på: Januar 24, 2010, 20:07:25 »
Fyflate det er godt å lese at gamle storheter fortsatt bryr seg om Leeds United!

It touches my heart  ;D