Skrevet av Emne: PATETISKE EX-EIERE - GFH Capital  (Lest 603600 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

B_Ød

Sv: NYE EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #600 på: Februar 06, 2013, 13:05:10 »
warnock har väl sagt att han skall gå i pension till sommaren(och jag tror han gör det), men sedan finns det väl inget som är hugget i sten, se på sir alex hur många gånger har inte han sagt att han skall sluta?

Jeg har inntrykk av at det går mot en forlengelse, det er i alle fall det folk stort sett forholder seg til. Også samme inntrykk av å snakke med Mick Jones i helgen, selv om han ikke sier noe direkte om Warnocks situasjon. Jeg tipper det ikke landes endelig før tett opp til sommeren.

Når det er sagt tror jeg det er svært få som faktisk vet hva de nye eierne tenker om dagen.

SA
Hvis det er som du sier så er det etter min mening helt katastrofe. Det betyr at GFH ikke har midler av betydning, og at de bommer fullstendig på manager. Det kommer aldri til å bli noen suksess med steinalderfoppallen hans.Hvis de forlenger kontrakten hans vil vi være nede snart i 10000 på ER :(

Men mente ikke du med flere her inne at alt var bedre enn Bates?  ;)

SA

er ikke alt som har skjedd siden mai og frem til dd orkestrert av Bates da, mener å ha lest det her inne en eller annen plass  ???
Ups & Ups!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #601 på: Februar 06, 2013, 13:30:21 »
GOD OG NYANSERT ARTIKKEL SOM STØTTER MITT SYN:   ;)

GFH Capital – Comfortably Over the First Hurdle

http://rightinthegarykellys.com/2013/02/06/gfh-capital-comfortably-over-the-first-hurdle/

On the 21st December 2012, a long awaited internet phenomenon came to an end. The takeover of Leeds United, or TOMA as it was known, which had reached millions of views across forums and taken over the lives of some of the more dedicated Leeds fans, finally reached conclusion with GFH Capital taking over 100% of Leeds United. Since the announcement, performances have been slightly off the mark with losses against Cardiff, Nottingham Forest, Barnsley and Hull. As well as a January in which our beloved cult hero and top goal scorer left to join our two former cult heroes (and Bradley Johnson) at Norwich, has led to some fans voicing their discontent at our new owners.

My personal favourite insults towards GFH Capital include “nothing’s changed”, “same sh*t, different owners” and the incredibly witty “GFBates”. Given the swift changes brought in since GFH Capital took control, it’s shocking that there are any critics of GFH – but lurking in the depths of Waccoe, Twitter and Facebook leave the hard to impress fanatics. Admittedly, GFH haven’t spent millions but they’re a world away from ‘GFBates’.

GFH made it very clear of their intentions from day one; sustainable success and restoring a relationship between the once great club and their fans. On their first day, they’d set up a Twitter account and introduced half season tickets – it wasn’t a huge statement but having paid for the loans of two Premier League players and funded our summer spending, it was definitely a step in the right direction for a club desperately needing to re-engage their fans.

But while this was all good, it wasn’t unreasonable for Leeds fans to wait until after the January transfer window to judge GFH. It was, however, unreasonable to then compare GFH Capital to Bates after the January transfer window. This time last year, we’d just sold our club captain without putting up a fight, cowardly surrendering him to Norwich (we all started to spot a pattern at this time) without even offering him a formal contract. We were left with two central midfield players, Michael Brown and Adam Clayton. Some measly loan signings and Robbie Rogers (who didn’t prove himself as an actual footballer during his time at Leeds, he’s just a Twitter profile as far as I’m aware).

Comparing this to now makes for happy reading, despite losing our top scorer it’s the most promising window we’ve seen for years. Reports suggest we offered Luciano Becchio 20k a week, a very reasonable contract which he turned down. Is it justified to offer Becchio 25k a week? It’s also hard to argue that we got a bad deal out of selling him. Under GFH Capital, we replaced the player with an adequate replacement, a player who’s scored goals in both the Premier League and the Championship – 15 in a weak Millwall side only two years ago and 9 in the Premier League last season, a solid tally for a newly promoted team. It’s not like it’s ludicrously swapping Paynter for Beckford, Brown for Johnson or Pugh for Gradel, it’s a proper player, with actual ability. Another huge difference that distinguishes GFH Capital from GFBates is offering serious contracts to our three best players: Becchio, Byram and Diouf, all on higher wages, with two accepting them. Warnock and Morison dropping from the Premier League will command high wages reported 20k a week in some places. Combined with paying our summer transfer spending and lower ticket prices (Peterborough and Blackpool games lowered significantly) it’s been a successful start for GFH Capital.

It may not be Bill Gates in charge of Leeds United, its not the millions that Man City have been injected with but it definitely isn’t GFBates – we have every reason to be optimistic that GFH Capital can take us back to the Premier League, the foundations are there and they’ve got past the all important first hurdle.
« Siste redigering: Februar 06, 2013, 13:59:30 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

gudme

« Svar #602 på: Februar 06, 2013, 13:45:23 »
Veldig bra artikkel. Må si jeg sitter igjen med samme inntrykk. Så her er det bare å støtte laget og GFH. MOT
LEEDS 4 EVER

Leedsfan

« Svar #603 på: Februar 06, 2013, 14:00:01 »
GOD OG NYANSER ARTIKKEL SOM STØTTER MITT SYN:   ;)

http://rightinthegarykellys.com/2013/02/06/gfh-capital-comfortably-over-the-first-hurdle/

On the 21st December 2012, a long awaited internet phenomenon came to an end. The takeover of Leeds United, or TOMA as it was known, which had reached millions of views across forums and taken over the lives of some of the more dedicated Leeds fans, finally reached conclusion with GFH Capital taking over 100% of Leeds United. Since the announcement, performances have been slightly off the mark with losses against Cardiff, Nottingham Forest, Barnsley and Hull. As well as a January in which our beloved cult hero and top goal scorer left to join our two former cult heroes (and Bradley Johnson) at Norwich, has led to some fans voicing their discontent at our new owners.

My personal favourite insults towards GFH Capital include “nothing’s changed”, “same sh*t, different owners” and the incredibly witty “GFBates”. Given the swift changes brought in since GFH Capital took control, it’s shocking that there are any critics of GFH – but lurking in the depths of Waccoe, Twitter and Facebook leave the hard to impress fanatics. Admittedly, GFH haven’t spent millions but they’re a world away from ‘GFBates’.

GFH made it very clear of their intentions from day one; sustainable success and restoring a relationship between the once great club and their fans. On their first day, they’d set up a Twitter account and introduced half season tickets – it wasn’t a huge statement but having paid for the loans of two Premier League players and funded our summer spending, it was definitely a step in the right direction for a club desperately needing to re-engage their fans.

But while this was all good, it wasn’t unreasonable for Leeds fans to wait until after the January transfer window to judge GFH. It was, however, unreasonable to then compare GFH Capital to Bates after the January transfer window. This time last year, we’d just sold our club captain without putting up a fight, cowardly surrendering him to Norwich (we all started to spot a pattern at this time) without even offering him a formal contract. We were left with two central midfield players, Michael Brown and Adam Clayton. Some measly loan signings and Robbie Rogers (who didn’t prove himself as an actual footballer during his time at Leeds, he’s just a Twitter profile as far as I’m aware).

Comparing this to now makes for happy reading, despite losing our top scorer it’s the most promising window we’ve seen for years. Reports suggest we offered Luciano Becchio 20k a week, a very reasonable contract which he turned down. Is it justified to offer Becchio 25k a week? It’s also hard to argue that we got a bad deal out of selling him. Under GFH Capital, we replaced the player with an adequate replacement, a player who’s scored goals in both the Premier League and the Championship – 15 in a weak Millwall side only two years ago and 9 in the Premier League last season, a solid tally for a newly promoted team. It’s not like it’s ludicrously swapping Paynter for Beckford, Brown for Johnson or Pugh for Gradel, it’s a proper player, with actual ability. Another huge difference that distinguishes GFH Capital from GFBates is offering serious contracts to our three best players: Becchio, Byram and Diouf, all on higher wages, with two accepting them. Warnock and Morison dropping from the Premier League will command high wages reported 20k a week in some places. Combined with paying our summer transfer spending and lower ticket prices (Peterborough and Blackpool games lowered significantly) it’s been a successful start for GFH Capital.

It may not be Bill Gates in charge of Leeds United, its not the millions that Man City have been injected with but it definitely isn’t GFBates – we have every reason to be optimistic that GFH Capital can take us back to the Premier League, the foundations are there and they’ve got past the all important first hurdle.

Det var en en som skrev "Same shit, different wrapping" eller noe sånt for ikke lenge siden. Jeg synes det er deilig å lese litt befriende lesing av en som sikkert har spist for mange lykkepiller, eller har havnet i samme lykkepillegryte som meg selv.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

ibster

« Svar #604 på: Februar 06, 2013, 14:10:29 »
GOD OG NYANSER ARTIKKEL SOM STØTTER MITT SYN:   ;)

Det var en en som skrev "Same shit, different wrapping" eller noe sånt for ikke lenge siden. Jeg synes det er deilig å lese litt befriende lesing av en som sikkert har spist for mange lykkepiller, eller har havnet i samme lykkepillegryte som meg selv.

Enig!

Kato

« Svar #605 på: Februar 06, 2013, 14:22:52 »
"Despite losing our topscorer, the most promising window for years"

Noe i den setninga som ikke stemmer?

Noe som ikke stemmer når det er 19000 på Elland Road, hjemmekampen etter at vi knocke Spurs ut av Fa-cupen.... i kamp mot serielederne.

Noe som ikke stemmer når vi ikke har råd til å bruke 500-600 000 pund på Burke deadline day, fordi vi kan få han gratis til sommeren.

Mulig vi har all grunn til å være fornøyd, men jeg personlig hadde andre forventninger ved å få inn arabiske eiere. Og det er ikke at vi skulle bli det nye City. Men at vi håndfritt kunne handle for 3-5 mill. Nå er det vel 0 pund som er gått til å kjøpe spillere. Første vindu etter at du ar kjøpt opp av arabere. Ja, ja.

Lukter evig middelhavsfarer i NPC.
« Siste redigering: Februar 06, 2013, 14:25:02 av Kato »

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #606 på: Februar 06, 2013, 14:50:59 »
warnock har väl sagt att han skall gå i pension till sommaren(och jag tror han gör det), men sedan finns det väl inget som är hugget i sten, se på sir alex hur många gånger har inte han sagt att han skall sluta?

Jeg har inntrykk av at det går mot en forlengelse, det er i alle fall det folk stort sett forholder seg til. Også samme inntrykk av å snakke med Mick Jones i helgen, selv om han ikke sier noe direkte om Warnocks situasjon. Jeg tipper det ikke landes endelig før tett opp til sommeren.

Når det er sagt tror jeg det er svært få som faktisk vet hva de nye eierne tenker om dagen.

SA
Hvis det er som du sier så er det etter min mening helt katastrofe. Det betyr at GFH ikke har midler av betydning, og at de bommer fullstendig på manager. Det kommer aldri til å bli noen suksess med steinalderfoppallen hans.Hvis de forlenger kontrakten hans vil vi være nede snart i 10000 på ER :(

Men mente ikke du med flere her inne at alt var bedre enn Bates?  ;)

SA
Hehe, alt er bedre enn Bates men: jeg hadde faktisk litt mer forventninger etter å ha sett pressekonferansen. Jeg synes det ikke lover bra med tanke på managersituasjonen. Hvis jeg tar en lykkepille velger jeg å tro at GFH har en "gentlemans agreement" og lar Warnock sitte ut sesongen, for å bruke god tid på hvem som skal etterfølge ham. Hvis du mener at det tyder på at de forlenger med Warnock og steinalderfoppallen hans, så er jeg bekymret. Hvis det er slik-hva hadde de å tape på å satse litt høyere for å oppnå opprykk? Det ligger jo enorme inntekter i det forjettede land.....En annen ting er stillheten...hvis Haigh virkelig er Leedssupporter så må det ha gått opp for ham at det flommer over av negative innlegg på diverse forum. Hvorfor har de kommentert så lite?
Jeg kan dessverre ikke se noen tegn på at vi rykker opp-på mange år >:(
Prove me wrong GFH!

B_Ød

« Svar #607 på: Februar 06, 2013, 15:30:00 »
Haigh er life long L'pool supporter han.
Ups & Ups!!

marve

« Svar #608 på: Februar 06, 2013, 16:27:10 »

Noe som ikke stemmer når det er 19000 på Elland Road, hjemmekampen etter at vi knocke Spurs ut av Fa-cupen.... i kamp mot serielederne.

Noe som ikke stemmer når vi ikke har råd til å bruke 500-600 000 pund på Burke deadline day, fordi vi kan få han gratis til sommeren.

Mulig vi har all grunn til å være fornøyd, men jeg personlig hadde andre forventninger ved å få inn arabiske eiere. Og det er ikke at vi skulle bli det nye City. Men at vi håndfritt kunne handle for 3-5 mill. Nå er det vel 0 pund som er gått til å kjøpe spillere. Første vindu etter at du ar kjøpt opp av arabere. Ja, ja.

Veldig enig med deg kato .
Nye eiere og så å si null penger brukt i januar .Er vi i det hle tatt styrket ?.
Hvorfor bruke så mye penger på å kjøpe leeds u uten å ha penger til å ta dem videre er for meg en gåte .
Håper vi får se en annen satsing til sommern for januar var meget skuffende.

Leedsfan

« Svar #609 på: Februar 06, 2013, 16:31:19 »

Nye eiere og så å si null penger brukt i januar .Er vi i det hle tatt styrket ?.
Hvorfor bruke så mye penger på å kjøpe leeds u uten å ha penger til å ta dem videre er for meg en gåte .

Hvis det er slik at de skal satse på Warnock så skjønner jeg det ikke. Hvis det er slik at alle er innforstått med at Warnock forsvinner i sommer så har jo januar-vinduet vært et fint kompromiss. Eneste handelen som skurrer litt er Tonge...
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Annesj

« Svar #610 på: Februar 06, 2013, 16:38:51 »
Enig Leedsfan. Men Tonge kosta vel ikke al verden? Ikke så stort tap om han blir benkefyll/utelatt. Veit jo ikke hvor høy lønna hans er men.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Leedsfan

« Svar #611 på: Februar 06, 2013, 17:32:53 »
Enig Leedsfan. Men Tonge kosta vel ikke al verden? Ikke så stort tap om han blir benkefyll/utelatt. Veit jo ikke hvor høy lønna hans er men.

Han koster oss sikkert totalt 15-20 millioner så det vel ikke noen krise, men det er jo penger...:) Kan jo være at Tonge fortsatt har en rolle å spille for Leeds..??

marve

« Svar #612 på: Februar 06, 2013, 17:36:03 »

Hvis det er slik at de skal satse på Warnock så skjønner jeg det ikke. Hvis det er slik at alle er innforstått med at Warnock forsvinner i sommer så har jo januar-vinduet vært et fint kompromiss. Eneste handelen som skurrer litt er Tonge...
Vi får stadig høre at skal det handles så må vi hente spillere som går rett inn på laget,de må være bedre en de vi har .
Hva da med tonge som du nevner men også hall  ,habibou og warnock .
Warnock ,bates og de nye eierne kunne ikke vente på at januar viduet skulle åpne .Klart vi hadde forventninger men hva fikk vi .?

Leedsfan

« Svar #613 på: Februar 06, 2013, 18:00:00 »

Vi får stadig høre at skal det handles så må vi hente spillere som går rett inn på laget,de må være bedre en de vi har .
Hva da med tonge som du nevner men også hall  ,habibou og warnock .
Warnock ,bates og de nye eierne kunne ikke vente på at januar viduet skulle åpne .Klart vi hadde forventninger men hva fikk vi .?

Habib er jo en genial deal, får han det til så kjøper vi han i sommer. Warnock er 31 år, men har sikkert flere gode år igjen på banen. Alle ønsker vel at White skal bli vår nye venstreback, men alle er vel ikke sikker på at han kommer til å bli det. Problemet til White er jo at han nesten aldri slår et presist innlegg, men det gjør Warnock.

Det gjenstår å se om Hall er et feilkjøp, men Warnock trodde nok også at han skulle være bedre. Det er ikke for sent for han.

Jon R

« Svar #614 på: Februar 06, 2013, 20:30:59 »
Hvor genialt det var å svi av x antall millioner av et snaut transferbudsjett på Hall, Tonge og Habib gjenstår å se, men det er uansett Warnock som må stå inne for det, ikke eierne som må overlate sportslige vurderinger til manageren.

Jeg hadde ikke så høye forhåpninger til GHF  og er fornøyd med hva de har levert til nå. Har forståelse for at mange er utålmodige men det er viktig nå at de nye eierne får kred for alle små skritt i riktig retning, og ikke kritikk for at de ikke umiddelbart klarer å rette opp alle feila til den forrige eieren. Når det gjelder salget av Becchio er det viktig å huske at han ble erstattet av en spiller med omtrent samme markedsverdi, hvilket gjør Morison til den største enkeltsignering siden nedrykket fra PL. Ingen dårlig start det.  :)
Jon R.

Svend Anders

« Svar #615 på: Februar 06, 2013, 22:01:04 »
En vill teori er selvsagt at GFH Capital planlegger å selge (deler av?) klubben videre innen ganske kort tid og ikke vil bruke for mye av egne penger før andre er på plass.

SA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marve

« Svar #616 på: Februar 06, 2013, 22:47:22 »
En vill teori er selvsagt at GFH Capital planlegger å selge (deler av?) klubben videre innen ganske kort tid og ikke vil bruke for mye av egne penger før andre er på plass.

SA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tror ikke den teorien er så vill jeg .
Etter dette vinduet så virker det faktisk veldig sannsynlig  .En bruker jo ikke flere hundre millioner på en klubb uten å ha lagt unna noe til forsterkninger av laget .

4ever arcticwhite

« Svar #617 på: Februar 07, 2013, 13:22:47 »
Hadde kanskje fortjent en egen tråd (Takeover2013....), men jeg sier uansett "Yes, please":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21368608

Former Hull City and Derby County chairman Adam Pearson has said he would like to "get back into football," with Leeds United a favoured destination

Kanskje i samarbeid med GFHC....
« Siste redigering: Februar 07, 2013, 13:30:55 av 4ever arcticwhite »
The future's so White I've got to wear shades 8)

Gufrias

« Svar #618 på: Februar 07, 2013, 15:03:51 »
Hadde kanskje fortjent en egen tråd (Takeover2013....), men jeg sier uansett "Yes, please":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21368608

Former Hull City and Derby County chairman Adam Pearson has said he would like to "get back into football," with Leeds United a favoured destination

Kanskje i samarbeid med GFHC....
Kan være takeover, kan være investering, kan være jobbsøknad. Uansett ingen dårlig mann å få på laget, hvis det skulle bli noe av.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Erik_

« Svar #619 på: Februar 07, 2013, 15:15:22 »
For godt til å være sant. Han blir vel nevnt minst en gang per sesong. :-\

4ever arcticwhite

« Svar #620 på: Februar 07, 2013, 15:36:07 »
For godt til å være sant. Han blir vel nevnt minst en gang per sesong. :-\
men nå nevner han seg selv.
Jeg ser på det mer eller mindre som et åpent frieri til GFHC, enten de vil selge eller de søker eksterne investorer og kompetanse.
The future's so White I've got to wear shades 8)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #621 på: Februar 07, 2013, 16:54:51 »
...er det klart for Adam Pearson-comeback?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21368608?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Han har gjerne den erfaringen mht fotball som GFHC mangler...

Leeds United: Hull FC chairman Adam Pearson interested in club
Former Hull City and Derby County chairman Adam Pearson has said he would like to "get back into football," with Leeds United a favoured destination.

The ex-Leeds director and current owner of rugby league side Hull FC has been out of football since leaving a role with the Tigers in April.

He told Yorkshire Business Insider:  "I will definitely get back into football. I would like to go in with a consortium with a club that has huge potential.

"The one that stands out is Leeds."

Pearson, 48, left his position as commercial director at Elland Road in March 2001 in order to become sole owner of Hull City.

“Having 30 Premier League footballers in a city, buying dinner and gifts, is like having 30 small businesses”

Adam Pearson on the importance of Leeds getting back to the top-flight

After leaving the club to take over as chairman at Derby in 2007 he returned to the KC Stadium two years later.

Leeds were taken over by Dubai-based private equity firm GFH Capital in December, although previous owner Ken Bates remains chairman and is set to revert to the position of president at the end of the campaign.

Neil Warnock's side are currently 12th in the Championship, six points off the play-offs with 17 games to play.

And Pearson believes it is important for the city that the club gets back into the Premier League for the first time since being relegated in 2004.

"Everybody in Leeds needs that club back in the Premier League. A city of this size should have a Premier League club," he added.

"Having 30 Premier League footballers in a city, buying dinner and gifts, is like having 30 small businesses."
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

J-R

« Svar #622 på: Februar 07, 2013, 19:07:45 »
Nå blir jeg fullstendig forvirra ??? :o

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #623 på: Februar 07, 2013, 19:51:59 »
Og bare for å følge opp; RightInTheGaryKellys (webside redigert av tre Leedsfans) liker tanken :)

http://rightinthegarykellys.com/2013/02/07/leeds-united-adam-pearson-wants-in/

Leeds United – Adam Pearson wants in?

by Right In The Gary Kelly's

In an interesting twist today Adam Pearson the former chairman of Hull City and Derby County aired his interest in getting back into football soon, with Leeds United a favoured destination.

Quoted on the BBC Website today he was interviewed by Yorkshire Business Insider

Sitat
I will definitely get back into football. I would like to go in with a consortium with a club that has huge potential. The one that stands out is Leeds.

How we all chortled when former director Pearson left Ridsdale led Leeds in 2001 to join then 3rd division Hull City to `try’ and turn them around…

How we all looked on enviously as the machine he built at Boothferry Road gazumped us and enjoyed a spell in the top flight, and have generally enjoyed more lucrative ownership, investment in their team, and been able to attract better players then we have..

Hull are no joke, with a purpose built modern stadium, cash to spend, and the ability to attract the likes of Steve Bruce to manage them.

Sitat
Everybody in Leeds needs that club back in the Premier League. A city of this size should have a Premier League club,

he added.

Sitat
Having 30 Premier League footballers in a city, buying dinner and gifts, is like having 30 small businesses.

Pearson is rarely the type of football businessman to be one-dimensional in approach, at both Hull & Derby he worked WITH people already in situ, and attracted investment. He would strike you as an ideal partner for GFH if Leeds need to turn matters round.

With Ken Bates out of the way Pearson would be assured of decisions being made on a business rather than personal footing, he is also more than conscious (as are GFH) of the sensibility of getting the team promoted before destroying the currently limited cashflow on further vanity projects to enhance our half empty ground..

Could this be a marriage made in heaven? Only time will tell, and it’s likely that GFH will already be working with other business partners, but Pearson has kept his powder dry concerning Leeds during the Bates years.

This serves to highlight a probably less broadcast advantage of having the new men at the helm at Leeds, simply that they are businessmen, and will think about the bottom line, the best business partners and experts to work with, and ideally wont let personalities get in the way. Put a good idea to a businessman, and back it up with the necessary facts, and generally you will get a positive response.

There was some derision from certain sections of the support over the closing January transfer window, but the above type of press – namely that Leeds are again attracting interest from the right people is almost – if not more – important as signing the right players.

Pearson and GFH have both struck upon the interests of the city of Leeds in a wider sense being served by a return to the top flight, the sense now is very much that a `quiet’ revolution is gathering pace.. Watch this space.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #624 på: Februar 07, 2013, 19:58:37 »
Med opprydning i eierskapet og Bates forvist til kulissene tror jeg nær sagt alt er mulig. Magefølelsen sier at dette kan bli en realitet innen sommeren!  :o
Jon R.

Bjorn

« Svar #625 på: Februar 07, 2013, 20:30:49 »
Med opprydning i eierskapet og Bates forvist til kulissene tror jeg nær sagt alt er mulig. Magefølelsen sier at dette kan bli en realitet innen sommeren!  :o

Virker jo mer og mer som jeg har tenkt hele tiden, at GFH er mellom-menn som forhandler avtaler med andre. Ikke dumt dette!  :o
Marching On! 4276

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #626 på: Februar 09, 2013, 12:29:02 »
Phil Hay i YEP deler endelig sine tanker om hvordan han tror GFHC tenker og prioriterer for tiden, mht styre og stell og managersituasjonen:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-s-owners-eight-to-keep-their-counsel-on-future-of-warnock-hay-1-5395551
Leeds United’s owners eight to keep their counsel on future of Warnock - Hay

By Phil Hay
Published on Saturday 9 February 2013 10:30

Neil Warnock’s contractual position is slightly unusual.

Managers are generally fired long before the end of their contracts or bought out of them by other clubs. It is rare – though, as David Moyes is demonstrating, not unique – for a deal to run as low as Warnock’s has.

Moyes and Everton are involved in a high-stakes stand-off in which Moyes holds the cards. Everton would like to keep him – of course they would – but Moyes is asking awkward questions about ambition and future intentions. His contract expires in the summer and he is starting to wonder if another year at Goodison Park would be worth his while.

The situation at Leeds United is more benign. That the club’s owners have not sought to initiate contract talks with Warnock nor Warnock asked for contract talks with them tells you everything you need to know about where this is heading. “Judge me on this season,” was Warnock’s message on Thursday and you suspect that Leeds United will. His deal ends in June.

The scenario of a manager with a dwindling contract was an inevitability when Warnock agreed terms 12 months ago. He had no intention of bedding in for years, hence why the deal he signed was 18 months long. A clause allowing him to walk away freely before the end of May, 2012 was included because, at the age of 63, Warnock was precious about a year which might be his last in management. He did not want to trade it for a mid-table finish.

As it happens, a mid-table finish might be all he has to show for a full season at Elland Road. The play-offs tease and flutter their eye-lids but Leeds are worse off now than they were when the board at Leeds sacked Simon Grayson with 28 games played and 42 points gained.

It is, as Warnock said himself, a long shot to promotion. And in those circumstances, what is there to say about his future?

Had Leeds cut through the Championship as Queens Park Rangers did in 2010, Warnock and United’s directors would have been round the table before Christmas. He would have had GFH Capital nailing him to the floor once the takeover documents were signed. You do not play games with successful managers and Everton must be sweating about theirs. But nor do you dive in to reward a record which, all complications of the job considered, falls a long way short of special.

Warnock’s comments on Thursday went far enough to imply that if Leeds fall short of promotion or do not at least qualify for the Championship’s play-offs, he does not expect another chance. “My future will be decided on the football field. All I can do is get promotion.”

In fairness to him, he has barely changed his tune. When he took the job in February of last year, he talked about being a one-season wonder. Beyond that, he spoke about retirement. At no stage has he swerved the original brief or attempted to buy more time. Unsatisfying though it will be for him if this season peters out, he seems willing to let this period of his career run its course and be judged accordingly.

He is, in any case, the manager of a club where bigger pictures are being drawn. Leeds have been under new ownership for seven short weeks but even their owners, new to the job as they are, might not dictate the club’s outlook alone.

When GFH Capital bought United in December, their employees spoke about finding “strategic investors” – wealthy backers to you and me – at the earliest opportunity. It is apparent that the Dubai-based firm has been pursuing such investors in the weeks since its buy-out and, according to two sources spoken to by the YEP this week, is currently offering shares in United in return for a cash injection.

The company’s director, Salem Patel, made that intention plain when he spoke on December 21, saying GFH Capital would “bring the right people on board – whether that’s management, shareholders or investors” while stressing the firm’s intention to retain a stake in United. A new chairman is due to be appointed in the summer, replacing Ken Bates after eight-and-a-half years, and the structure of senior management at Elland Road could look very different if new shareholders arrive. From the highest level down, Leeds are a club in transition.

There is a train of thought which says the lack of clarity over Warnock’s future and GFH Capital’s plans for him is a problem for the club. On the contrary, United’s owners are better keeping their thoughts to themselves. Extending Warnock’s deal at this juncture would be illogical and unnecessary, in part because Warnock is not even asking for it. But to give the impression that the 64-year-old will be thanked and sent on his way in the summer would undermine him and what is left of the season. A vote of no confidence creates a lame duck.

As it is, the club have the best of both worlds – a manager who is willing to risk his neck on the next 17 games and the freedom to do as they please in May without being compromised by the cost of severing contracts held by their coaching staff. It might be that when the summer comes Warnock is still their man but what sense is there in drawing that conclusion now? There will come a point where the conversation is unavoidable. Until then, Leeds have a season to settle.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #627 på: Februar 09, 2013, 12:32:03 »
...ut fra dette tror YEP mer på at Pearson ønsker å kjøpe klubben heller enn å investere (samtidig har altså GFHC også uttalt at på lengre sikt kan de være interessert i å beholde en mindre aksjepost i fremtiden...)

En ting er sikkert, det er ikke så stille (bak kulissene) på Elland Road som noen synes å frykte...

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-pearson-hints-at-possibility-of-move-to-buy-whites-1-5394459

Leeds United: Pearson hints at possibility of move to buy Whites

By Phil Hay
Published on Friday 8 February 2013 13:38

Former Leeds United director Adam Pearson has raised the possibility of another approach to buy the club by revealing he hopes to “get back into football” and sees the Elland Road outfit as a prime investment opportunity.

The ex-Hull City chairman currently runs Hull FC rugby league club and has been out of the game since leaving his role as head of football operations at the KC Stadium in May of last year.

But Pearson, who was involved in an unsuccessful bid to take control of Leeds while United were in administration in 2007, said he would “definitely get back into football” having also served time as chairman of Derby County and commercial director at Elland Road.

In an interview with Yorkshire Business Insider, Pearson said: “I will definitely get back into football.

“I would like to go in with a consortium with a club that has huge potential. The one that stands out is Leeds.

“Everybody in Leeds needs that club back in the Premier League. A city of this size should have a Premier League club. Having 30 Premier League footballers in a city, buying dinner and gifts, is like having 30 small businesses.”

Click here to register and have your say on the Leeds United stories and issues that matter to you

The ownership of United changed hands as recently as December 21 when Dubai-based GFH Capital purchased a 100 per cent stake in the club from previous owner and chairman Ken Bates.

But GFH Capital are known to be seeking financial support having revealed that “strategic investors” would be brought to Elland Road as part of their business model for the Championship side.

Speaking on the day of GFH Capital’s buy-out, board member Salem Patel told the YEP: “The way our business model works, it’s not about flipping or long-term, short-term. The way we typically work would be to identify a project then bring strategic investors with us.

“If people want to call that flipping then it is flipping. But to us it’s not flipping. It’s identifying an asset and then bringing the right people on board – whether that is management or shareholders or investors – to help try and build that asset to take it to the next level.

“We’ll not be selling 100 per cent, we’ll be maintaining a shareholding in this club.”
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Dennis

« Svar #628 på: Februar 09, 2013, 12:58:51 »
Disse ryktene har eksistert siden i fjor høst. Kan det virkelig være noe i det? Uansett spennende med Adam Pearson.
Marching on together!

Jon R

« Svar #629 på: Februar 09, 2013, 14:39:33 »
Beste og mest troverdige ryktene på veldig mange år. Begynner virkelig å ane konturene av en lovende fremtid.

Pearson inn på eiersiden.....

Warnock ut til sommeren .....

Adkins inn med en mer moderne og positiv fotballfilosofi....

Kan bli Manna fra himmelen for sulteforede Leeds supportere dette.  :)

DETTE ER IKKE ET UREALISTISK SCENARIO DERE!!!  :o
Jon R.