Skrevet av Emne: PATETISKE EX-EIERE - GFH Capital  (Lest 603821 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Kato

Sv: NYE EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #330 på: Januar 07, 2013, 22:12:47 »
En tredjedel av transfervinduet snart gått.

Mye prat og null ull.

Vi krever handling.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #331 på: Januar 07, 2013, 22:23:29 »
...to signifikante tweets fra Salem i kveld:

20mSalem Patel‏@SalemPatel
It truly is silly season.

...og så anbefaler han denne artikkelen!!!!

Salem Patel‏@SalemPatel
http://rightinthegarykellys.com/2013/01/04/gfh-capital-feel-the-burn/ … I recommend this article for all #lufc fans.

GFH Capital – Feel the Burn

by Right in the Gary Kelly's

It’s January and after 2 consecutive months of colds, hangovers and general malaise it was time to go to the gym yesterday. And it struck me that as my expectations of a straightforward session evaporated in coughs wheezes, and dizzy spells, that they weren’t that dissimilar to the unreasonable ones of Leeds fans’ over the transfer window.

There seems a general sense of consternation growing as we miss out on the likes of Wood, Blackstock (according to the YEP), potentially Jerome Thomas, and whomsoever the 2 missed targets were according again to Warnock.

Compare that to the announcements of 2 weeks ago, and the response to them. GFH capital made a good stick of being positive when they took over, they want to establish our club back at the “heart of the city”, to bring back a sense of positivity.

Sensibly though they want any success to be based upon sustainable business principles.

In the Yorkshire Evening Post Salem Patel spoke specifically about our “one area of weakness” being Cashflow. If you combine this with their drive to get bums back on seats with the half season ticket promotion then you can see that this is not a revolution but evolution.

Much is made of Leeds United’s relatively large turnover, certainly compared to other championship clubs. But where we fall down it appears is in terms of how much wadge we have to use. Turnover is meaningless if it’s all tied up in loans, rent and litigation bills, that’s where Leeds are now. Step forward Ken Bates..

For example let’s take the Chris Wood scenario with Leicester. Warnock (unadvisedly in my opinion) came out stating he “couldn’t compete financially with Leicester”

But this was a £1.25m transfer? Surely to god a £32m turnover business can afford that? And with some funds injected to bolster the position?

Well if your business just reported a loss, (as Leeds City Holdings did) it means a couple of things.

Firstly who’ll lend you the cash if you are overdrawn? GFH are a Bank admittedly, but they too have to justify to their shareholders how that money would be spent, and that the loan was a good one. The second effect is simply that other more important creditors, your landlord, the taxman, the local authority all need paying first, and it leaves less in the pot.

Dull dull dull I know, and it sounds like one of Bates’ programme rants. But there is an upside, hidden in the paragraph above. GFH are an investment bank, they’ve already said that they want to bring in partners to work with, and the investment model is clear. Pump in a sensible amount of money (more than the flat nil Bates seemed to each year) and the upside will be enormous. Even if the club ends up yo-yoing for a couple of years betwixt PL and Championship the parachute payments alone are worth the punt.

But what GFH are really feeling now is that acute lack of cash. The business was not as rosy as Bates often claimed. He played no small part in driving fans away, not just through providing a dire team, but in being pretty dreadful to those who still turned up, and charging them to the hilt.

Half season tickets will bring in more cash, and a positive response to these will enable GFH to convince investors that they can increase whats in the coffers. A positive cashflow also means that you dont have to sell your players to break into profit. GFH will have to address that, restructure the complex web of loans and securitisations the Bates regime tied us to via the loathsome Ticketus, to ensure our outflow of cash is improved. And at the same time meet those expectations of fans and sign good players!

As the title goes – its time for GFH to feel the burn and this rather tremendous juggling act takes place. Expectations of the fans (which are astronomical) versus the reality of turning round a business going nowhere.

Would a straight £6m of cash being injected into the transfer pot solve our problems?

Well yes it might. Signing Jerome, Tonge, Boyd, Faurlin and co would go a long way to helping us out, and it may happen yet?

But our current lack of cash due to years of investment in side projects away from football has ensnared what working capital we might have had for players, and GFH will need to use all their financial acumen to resolve it.

In the meantime perhaps it’s unfair of Leeds fans to expect a Man City style revolution. Leicester City are profligate in the extreme, and one suspects their model cannot continue much longer especially with the UFFP rules incoming in 2014. That might sound like sour grapes but we do need to keep our house in order to stave off the consequences.

I genuinely believe that for the first time in perhaps 5 years we do have some money to spend in January, within reason, and that done properly that could work well for us. But £1.25m offered over 3 years will always lose out to £1.25m right now, which is no doubt whats happened with Wood.

I think Leeds fans can expect a bright(er) future under our new ownership, but after only 2 weeks of ownership we cannot reasonably expect the likes of David Silva, Iniesta or Falcao to roll up at Elland Road. It’s why Patel has already stated the value of releasing more money into our business, be that through increasing season ticket sales, advertising, or otherwise.

As is happening now a slower process which sees fringe players finally trimmed from the squad, and youth players tied up to better deals is just as important.

Our favourite miscreant on a Leeds obsessed West Ham fan site has mocked our inability to compete with `middleweight’ Leicester City, but this seems an unfair comparison, with player like Jermaine Beckford on over £30k a week that puts Leicester’s backers firmly in the same pool as some of the lower end Premier League clubs. Should we be racking up enormous debt for new players? Of course we shouldn’t.

GFH may well have to dig that little bit deeper as is always the case, and it may not even be until the summer that we see that taking place, but for the first time in a long time we have people in charge who understand there does need to be some `risk’ in the model for any investment to take place, luckily for us unlike Leicester or even Man City we can look forward to it being done affordably.

I also think we will see at least one marquee, cash signing this January, if you want the crowds to come back a signal of intent is critical to achieving this. Bates didnt really care too much about winning popularity, perverse when youre trying to encourage 40,000 people to drop their weekend plans and come down to watch a game of 2nd division football.

GFH will want to re-engage supporters, making that signing is whats called a `quick win’…

Keep the faith – surely to god we can give these guys more than 2 weeks we gave Bates nearly 8 Years. MOT.

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #332 på: Januar 11, 2013, 21:38:26 »
Hittil ser det ut til at våre nye eiere ikke er villige til å bruke noen flere midler enn Evil Santa :(
Samme triste greiene som de siste årene >:(

Leedsfan

« Svar #333 på: Januar 11, 2013, 21:41:09 »
Hittil ser det ut til at våre nye eiere ikke er villige til å bruke noen flere midler enn Evil Santa :(

Stoler du på at Warnock ville brukt pengene fornuftig?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #334 på: Januar 11, 2013, 21:47:36 »

Egentlig ikke, men hva er poenget å vente et halvt år til for å ansette ny manager?hadde de hatt midler så hadde vi hatt en ny manager i romjula.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #335 på: Januar 11, 2013, 21:59:59 »
De nye eierne har jo vært aldeles geniale: vi signer Tonge og låner Barkley i 1 måned.Kommer garantert til å få massene tilbake til ER....ehhhh

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #336 på: Januar 11, 2013, 22:05:00 »
De nye eierne har jo vært aldeles geniale: vi signer Tonge og låner Barkley i 1 måned.Kommer garantert til å få massene tilbake til ER....ehhhh
...husk nå smiletrynet til Salem :D

ER mer på gang

(I hope)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

« Svar #337 på: Januar 11, 2013, 22:08:07 »

Egentlig ikke, men hva er poenget å vente et halvt år til for å ansette ny manager?hadde de hatt midler så hadde vi hatt en ny manager i romjula.

Tja, Warnock ventet på Patel og Haigh, og nå gir de han sjansen ut sesongen. Begge parter holder det de lover..
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #338 på: Januar 11, 2013, 22:10:33 »

Ehhhh enig. Neppe at han hadde gått til oss om han hadde vært et at fotballøyas største talenter også. Var han fast på Everton???. Men håper jo han presterer da :-\

Gufrias

« Svar #339 på: Januar 11, 2013, 22:17:49 »

Ehhhh enig. Neppe at han hadde gått til oss om han hadde vært et at fotballøyas største talenter også. Var han fast på Everton???. Men håper jo han presterer da :-\
ehhh... Hvis han hadde vært fast på Everton, hadde de ikke lånt ham ut. Han var på lån i Wednesday, og skal visstnok ha spilt bra for dem.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #340 på: Januar 11, 2013, 22:19:56 »

ehhh... Hvis han hadde vært fast på Everton, hadde de ikke lånt ham ut. Han var på lån i Wednesday, og skal visstnok ha spilt bra for dem.
...hadde vel strengt tatt vært bedre for oss om han hadde vært god på Tuesday   8)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #341 på: Januar 12, 2013, 12:43:50 »
...jeg plasserer det her. For i fortsettelsen handler dette om GFHC's handlinger.

Phil Hay i dagens YEP om transfervinduet, spillere ut - og HOVEDPOENGET, mangel på 'like gode spillere inn' når noen går.

Og klart, han har et poeng, et meget godt poeng.
Og det trenger ikke å fortsette sånn nå, det er helt opp til GFHC det...

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-every-player-has-a-price-hay-1-5308546

Leeds United: Every player has a price - Hay
By Phil Hay
Published on Saturday 12 January 2013 11:00

The point of the buy-out clause in Lionel Messi’s contract was to put him beyond the spending power of every club on the planet.

Then Anzhi Makhachkala met the asking price of £205million and Barcelona discovered the universal truth that someone, somewhere is always willing to pay.

As Leeds United’s assistant manager conceded last weekend there are teams in the market who would take Luciano Becchio and Sam Byram at the right price. In the case of Byram there are teams who would take him now if Leeds named the fee.

Mick Jones risked starting the auction by discussing their saleability so freely but it is better to be honest than delusional. “If you’ve got good players, everyone else wants them,” he said.

Promise

Don’t United know it. Only one thing is more concerning than the suggestion that Leeds might be compelled to sell their more valuable assets – the unequivocal promise that they will not.

Jermaine Beckford is a unique figure in the post-administration years at Elland Road is so far as the club had a glaring opportunity to sell him and chose to leave the money alone. No other player in that period was retained at all costs; not Fabian Delph, Jonathan Howson, Max Gradel or Robert Snodgrass.

In at least three of those examples, the players were as enthusiastic about leaving Leeds as the club were to see them go but that collections of names represents a litany of talent sold.

The legacy is a recurring theme during each and every transfer window: the pensive wait to see who will be next. In the event that the list increases this month, we know where Jones’ money lies.

His manager, Neil Warnock, seems altogether less concerned. He claims to have been promised two things by the representatives of United’s new owner, GFH Capital: firstly, that there is no need to sell players or balance the club’s books and secondly, that the decision on which bids to accept and which to ignore will be left to him.

It would do little for the popularity of GFH Capital if the firm was twisting Warnock’s arm at the first opportunity but guarantees of that nature are not cast-iron.

As the sale of Snodgrass demonstrated, not-for-sale signs come with a caveat – an admission that certain offers are too good to refuse and players who want to be sold generally are.

Under new ownership, the retention of Becchio and Byram this month should depend less on money than it does on the contentment and attitude of those two players.

Click here to register and have your say on the Leeds United stories and issues that matter to you

The majority of United’s supporters know the game and understand the philosophy of the transfer market.

They realise that players come and go and they appreciate the disparity of financial incentives in the Championship and the Premier League. After almost 10 years in the Football League, most can see that the voices telling professionals to sit tight and win promotion at Elland Road are asking them to close their eyes to the past decade.

Under the previous regime at Elland Road, Leeds were no more likely to gatecrash the Premier League than the average Championship club.

Howson and Snodgrass in particular reached that conclusion themselves.

It is not the sale of players per se which has caused so much gnashing of teeth at Elland Road. Football as it is, it stands to reason that Leeds should by vulnerable to offers from clubs with more money than them. The irritation has been United’s failure to make much of the money earned from outgoing transfers or to adequately fill the wholes they created. Many of the departures felt like collateral damage amid a lack of ambition.

That trend extends far beyond 2007, back to the transfers of Jonathan Woodgate and Rio Ferdinand, but between Delph, Howson, Gradel and Snodgrass, Leeds pulled in more than £10million in cash.

They were never replaced by permanent, like-for-like signings and in three of the last five financial years, transfer fees were needed to avert annual financial losses at Elland Road.

This might be an era of prudence but clubs on United’s scale are pushing their luck by asking supporters to accept a steady balance sheet as a good exchange for high-calibre footballers.

Promotion from League One not withstanding, United’s evolution on the pitch has been painfully slow since 2007.

The effect can be seen in Elland Road’s stands every fortnight.

Outgoing transfers have held Leeds back, largely because of the club’s response to them.

GFH Capital must have enough knowledge of football to accept that no player is priceless.

There are some who you would rather not sell and the thought of this Leeds team without Becchio and Byram induces a shudder but the transfer market is what it is; an arena where the richest thrive and bully the rest.

It is cheap to criticise Leeds for the talent they lost but fair to take issue with the way in which that talent was replaced.

Everyone concedes that from time to time, clubs will give in and take the money. The bone of contention is what they do with that cash. It would be far better for Leeds if short shrift was given to any approaches for Becchio or Byram.

It would be wholly unforgivable if either player moved on without a contingency plan in place.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Dennis

« Svar #342 på: Januar 12, 2013, 20:56:08 »
Litt make or break for GFH i de neste snaue tre ukene. Hvilken retning vil de føre Leeds mot? Skal det satses mot opprykk i år eller skal det bygges mot et skikkelig forsøk neste sommer?

Slik det ligger an akkurat nå, er det så godt som helt sikkert at Neil Warnock ikke er Leedsmanager 2013/14. Med andre ord brukes det neppe særlig mye penger på "hans" lag i dette vinduet. Er det da vits å sitte med Warnock ut året, slik situasjonen er for tiden? Hadde vi vunnet 2/3 kamper i snitt, men likevel forventet at Warnock ikke trener neste år, hadde jeg forstått det om han hadde fått sitte ut året og forsøkt å vinne opprykk.

Nå, derimot, er vi i en klar nedadgående spiral, ikke bare resultat- og spillemessig, men hele mentaliteten i klubben. Vi har ingen plan overhodet.

Det kommer alltid en ny sesong og vi rykker neppe ned, så det er ingen krise å "overleve" frem til sommeren PÃ… LENGRE SIKT, men jeg ser ikke vitsen med det, nå som vi faktisk har en reell sjanse på å nå play off.

Jeg er overbevist; Warnock må byttes ut og en ny manager må ansettes med tanke på et lengre perspektiv. Vi trenger også en kompetent person til å drive/drifte denne klubben, administrativt som sportslig. Dette anser jeg som minst like viktig som å hente den riktige manageren. På Waccoe trekkes Swansea frem som et prakteksempel; de har en filosofi i bunn og uansett manager eller spillere, prøver de å følge denne.

De neste dagene kan bli veldig spennende, men selv om jeg generelt er en positiv person (og nei, det betyr ikke blåøyd), så tror jeg ærlig talt ikke stort på det. Så langt har ikke GFH vist meg noen tegn til sterke endringer, utover en noe mer åpen tilnærming til fansen. Kritikken svarer de dog ikke på, kun retweet av skryt etc. Jeg tror personlig ikke de har midlene og stiller spørsmål til hva de ønsker med klubben (og da har jeg allerede lagt til grunn at de kun har eid klubben i en måneds tid).
« Siste redigering: Januar 12, 2013, 20:58:06 av Mr Kaizer »
Marching on together!

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #343 på: Januar 12, 2013, 21:24:37 »
Litt make or break for GFH i de neste snaue tre ukene. Hvilken retning vil de føre Leeds mot? Skal det satses mot opprykk i år eller skal det bygges mot et skikkelig forsøk neste sommer?

Slik det ligger an akkurat nå, er det så godt som helt sikkert at Neil Warnock ikke er Leedsmanager 2013/14. Med andre ord brukes det neppe særlig mye penger på "hans" lag i dette vinduet. Er det da vits å sitte med Warnock ut året, slik situasjonen er for tiden? Hadde vi vunnet 2/3 kamper i snitt, men likevel forventet at Warnock ikke trener neste år, hadde jeg forstått det om han hadde fått sitte ut året og forsøkt å vinne opprykk.

Nå, derimot, er vi i en klar nedadgående spiral, ikke bare resultat- og spillemessig, men hele mentaliteten i klubben. Vi har ingen plan overhodet.

Det kommer alltid en ny sesong og vi rykker neppe ned, så det er ingen krise å "overleve" frem til sommeren PÃ… LENGRE SIKT, men jeg ser ikke vitsen med det, nå som vi faktisk har en reell sjanse på å nå play off.

Jeg er overbevist; Warnock må byttes ut og en ny manager må ansettes med tanke på et lengre perspektiv. Vi trenger også en kompetent person til å drive/drifte denne klubben, administrativt som sportslig. Dette anser jeg som minst like viktig som å hente den riktige manageren. På Waccoe trekkes Swansea frem som et prakteksempel; de har en filosofi i bunn og uansett manager eller spillere, prøver de å følge denne.

De neste dagene kan bli veldig spennende, men selv om jeg generelt er en positiv person (og nei, det betyr ikke blåøyd), så tror jeg ærlig talt ikke stort på det. Så langt har ikke GFH vist meg noen tegn til sterke endringer, utover en noe mer åpen tilnærming til fansen. Kritikken svarer de dog ikke på, kun retweet av skryt etc. Jeg tror personlig ikke de har midlene og stiller spørsmål til hva de ønsker med klubben (og da har jeg allerede lagt til grunn at de kun har eid klubben i en måneds tid).
Mye enig her!
Alt lå jo i utgangspunktet til for at Warnock også skulle lykkes i denne klubben også, ut ifra hans historikk som opprykksmanager. Etter 1 år vet vi at han ikke har fått det til, og kommer ikke til å få det til heller.Det samme ser vel GFH, men har ikke foreløpig satt sitt preg på noe.
Så hva bør gjøres?Jeg tenker litt høyt her....bruk folk som har peiling og som har en fortid i klubben, og som er glad i klubben!Som vil hjelpe til å løfte oss ut av skyggenes dal.
1.Warnock,Gwyn Williams,Shaun Harvey og Bates må fortest ut av klubben!
2.Matteo som sjef for akademiet, Wilko som president!
3.Eddie Gray må inn som styremedlem
4.Manager? Strachan og McAllister eller O`Leary og McAllister.
5.Haigh?usikker.....andre forslag
Er redd for at publikum vil komme ned til negative rekordsiffre hvis Warnock fortsetter :(

Ian Baird

« Svar #344 på: Januar 13, 2013, 13:30:16 »
Hva er egentlig strategien til de nye eierene? Etterlyser klarere planer og ikke bare bla-bla-bla-preik om PL. De har kjøpt en klubb til en halv mrd. kr, da bør det forventes mer av hodene bak dette kjøpet enn at de lar skuta bare  seile videre uten styrmann. Kjenner at Leeds-apatien sniker seg innpå igjen her. Deilig å ikke være Bates-frustrert lenger da - hvis man skal trekke frem noe positivt...

« Siste redigering: Januar 13, 2013, 13:41:53 av Ian Baird »
Cellino 5. April 2014: We will be back in the Premier Leauge by 2016.

marve

« Svar #345 på: Januar 13, 2013, 13:35:07 »
Hva er egentlig strategien til de nye eierene? Etterlyser klarere planer og ikke bare bla-bla-bla snakk om PL. De har kjøpt en klubb til en halv mrd. kr, da bør det forventes mer av hodene bak dette kjøpet enn at de lar skuta bare  seile videre uten styrmann. Kjenner at Leeds-apatien sniker seg innpå igjen her. Deilig å ikke være Bates-frustrert lenger da - hvis man skal trekke frem noe positivt...

Nekter å tro at de ga en halv milliard for leeds u .Den summen kan bare ikke stemme .
Ellers veldig enig i det du skriver .

Ian Baird

« Svar #346 på: Januar 13, 2013, 13:43:53 »
Var det ikke 52£M de sponset Bates?
Cellino 5. April 2014: We will be back in the Premier Leauge by 2016.

HåvardK

« Svar #347 på: Januar 13, 2013, 15:37:46 »
Hva er egentlig strategien til de nye eierene? Etterlyser klarere planer og ikke bare bla-bla-bla-preik om PL. De har kjøpt en klubb til en halv mrd. kr, da bør det forventes mer av hodene bak dette kjøpet enn at de lar skuta bare  seile videre uten styrmann. Kjenner at Leeds-apatien sniker seg innpå igjen her. Deilig å ikke være Bates-frustrert lenger da - hvis man skal trekke frem noe positivt...

Vi kommer vel til å slite med spøkelser fra Bates´ regjeringstid i mange år framover, så for min del er denne frustrasjonen fortsatt i live... :(

marve

« Svar #348 på: Januar 13, 2013, 15:43:43 »
Var det ikke 52£M de sponset Bates?
Det er vell ikke bekreftet noen plass ,noen hevder 17mill pund nå og yterligere 17 mill pund den dagen vi rykker opp .

Leedsgutt

« Svar #349 på: Januar 13, 2013, 21:59:58 »
Det er så mange som skriver til Patel og Haigh, at hvis de fortsetter med NW.... så hadde de skrevet det.

men ingenting er blitt skrevet, så man begynner å lure nå.

hvis NW går, så forventer jeg at GFH har noen managere i bakhånd

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #350 på: Januar 14, 2013, 13:39:09 »
NYE EIERE - GFH Capital er Bates. GFH Capital tar opp massivt lån på klubben som går til Bates. Om 6 mndr er klubben i adm. resultat.Bates har svindla til seg penger på klubbens bekostning

Hallgeir *

« Svar #351 på: Januar 14, 2013, 15:44:23 »
NYE EIERE - GFH Capital er Bates. GFH Capital tar opp massivt lån på klubben som går til Bates. Om 6 mndr er klubben i adm. resultat.Bates har svindla til seg penger på klubbens bekostning

:D
Super Leeds since 1968

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #352 på: Januar 14, 2013, 16:48:00 »
Jeg har allerede fått et dårlig inntrykk av GFH Capital. De viser ikke antydninger til å ha en strategi, foruten å få oss opp i PL. For å få oss opp der, kreves en slik strategi mener jeg - samt en viss økonomisk backing. Håper annet er bevist når januar er omme, ellers må de virkelig vise seg i sommer, fra en god side.

fjellhaugen

« Svar #353 på: Januar 14, 2013, 17:09:37 »
Det er så mange som skriver til Patel og Haigh, at hvis de fortsetter med NW.... så hadde de skrevet det.

men ingenting er blitt skrevet, så man begynner å lure nå.

hvis NW går, så forventer jeg at GFH har noen managere i bakhånd

jeg for min del er fornøyd om de har èn manager i bakhånd  ;D ;D ;D
januar 3. remember the date. we beat the team that we f@*kin hate. we knocked the scum out the FA cup. we`re super leeds and we`re goin up!!!!!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #354 på: Januar 14, 2013, 18:42:22 »
Se der ja, det er guttene sine det :)

Leeds United: Ken Bates’ column hits a full stop - Hay

By Phil Hay
Published on Monday 14 January 2013 00:00

Ken Bates’ programme notes go back as far as his association with English football.

The idea was born at Oldham Athletic in the 1960s and his chairman’s column became part of the matchday experience at Chelsea. For eight years it was a fixture in Leeds United’s programme – revealing, combative, contentious and on one occasion libellous.

Bates passed control of Leeds to GFH Capital late last month but retained his position as chairman until the end of the season.

Unexpectedly, his column was missing from Saturday’s programme, replaced by a statement from GFH Capital employees and United board members David Haigh, Salem Patel and Hisham Alrayes.

The removal of Bates’ notes is understood to be a permanent development and coming on the back of the termination of his position as a director of Unite’s parent company, Leeds City Holdings Limited, the shift in power to GFH Capital looks ever more thorough.

Haigh, Patel and Alrayes are in the process of arranging a ‘meet-the-new-owners night’ at which they plan to talk face-to-face with the club’s support. A date for the event is yet to be announced.
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-ken-bates-column-hits-a-full-stop-hay-1-5311016
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Erik_

« Svar #355 på: Januar 14, 2013, 18:52:25 »
Det var da enda godt. En skikkelig gladnyhet. :)

Hallgeir *

« Svar #356 på: Januar 14, 2013, 19:01:29 »
Det blir et stort savn .....  :'(

.... eller kanskje ikke..  ::)
« Siste redigering: Januar 14, 2013, 19:03:07 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

GeirO

« Svar #357 på: Januar 14, 2013, 19:27:53 »
Patel anbefaler en artikkel som påstår at Leeds er blakke - lack of cash. Greit og redelig at han innrømmer dette. Mao. ingen store kjøp i januar.
MOT

HåvardK

« Svar #358 på: Januar 14, 2013, 19:32:25 »
Et tiltak som om ikke annet kan tyde på at GFHC har en viss sosial intelligens. Men det må nok mer til for å få massene tilbake til ER. De neste ukene vil vise om de har det som trengs.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #359 på: Januar 14, 2013, 19:50:53 »
Patel anbefaler en artikkel som påstår at Leeds er blakke - lack of cash. Greit og redelig at han innrømmer dette. Mao. ingen store kjøp i januar.

Hehe, dette utsagnet minner meg om "...som Fanden leser Bibelen". Artikkelen (i bunnen av denne siden)  sier riktignok at nå må GFHC vise muskler i løpet av vinduet som ennå (var) knapt en uke gammelt, men bestod ellers av hvilke positive trekk de allerede hadde gjennomført, var gjennomgående en pro-GFHC-artikkel, og konkluderte med
Sitat
Keep the faith – surely to god we can give these guys more than 2 weeks we gave Bates nearly 8 Years. MOT.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan