Skrevet av Emne: PATETISKE EX-EIERE - GFH Capital  (Lest 603807 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

lojosang

Sv: Re: 15%- EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #2130 på: Mars 12, 2014, 19:18:17 »
;D

Takk, Leedsfan!
Den trengtes på et kølsvart og depressivt forum. ;D
- Leif Olav

lojosang

Sv: Re: Sv: 15%- EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #2131 på: Mars 12, 2014, 19:19:20 »
Haigh has told friends he has been left high and dry by the GFH hierarchy while he has tried single-handedly to keep Leeds afloat by finding new loans and investors. This includes putting £1.5million into the club himself.

The disintegration in relationships since GFH agreed a deal with Cagliari owner Cellino to take a 75 per cent stake has been quick.

It was only five weeks ago that Haigh said: ‘I am grateful for the full and continuing support of GFH Capital.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2577876/CHARLES-SALE-Leeds-United-owners-silent-treatment-managing-director-David-Haigh-stops-contact-GFH-Massimo-Cellino-waits-takeover.html#ixzz2vg3By2Lj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bates var svært fornøyd med hvem han solgte klubben til >:(

Ja, han fikk vel betalt.
- Leif Olav

Leedsfan

Sv: 15%- EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #2132 på: Mars 12, 2014, 19:30:24 »
;D

Takk, Leedsfan!

Beklager, men jeg må jo få lov til en "I told you so" jeg også. I hvertfall etter å ha blitt marginalisert i mange år pga min positivitet..:)
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

h.b

• Gjest
Sv: 15%- EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #2133 på: Mars 12, 2014, 19:42:42 »
Haigh has told friends he has been left high and dry by the GFH hierarchy while he has tried single-handedly to keep Leeds afloat by finding new loans and investors. This includes putting £1.5million into the club himself.

The disintegration in relationships since GFH agreed a deal with Cagliari owner Cellino to take a 75 per cent stake has been quick.

It was only five weeks ago that Haigh said: ‘I am grateful for the full and continuing support of GFH Capital.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2577876/CHARLES-SALE-Leeds-United-owners-silent-treatment-managing-director-David-Haigh-stops-contact-GFH-Massimo-Cellino-waits-takeover.html#ixzz2vg3By2Lj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bates var svært fornøyd med hvem han solgte klubben til >:(

Bates sa jo engang at hans plan var å ødelegge Leeds United. Og da greide han kunsstykket i å selge klubben til noen som ikke har midler . Voila deal done

Det var jo mye bedre orden når han var sjef. For å ta en DHY, jeg sa jo hele tiden at klubben var i sikre økonomiske hender under Bates. Tæring etter næring.. Nå er jo økonomien et STORT svart hull...

Etter utalelsene til GFH har jo Bates etterlatt seg stor gjeld da. Så da er det plutselig ikke tæring etter næring

lojosang

Sv: Re: Sv: 15%- EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #2134 på: Mars 12, 2014, 21:22:25 »
;D

Takk, Leedsfan!

Beklager, men jeg må jo få lov til en "I told you so" jeg også. I hvertfall etter å ha blitt marginalisert i mange år pga min positivitet..:)

Jeg var ikke sarkastisk. Jeg mente hvert ord. Kan knapt huske sist jeg måtte fnise i skjegget av et foruminnlegg.
- Leif Olav

Promotion 2010

Sv: STOLTE EIERE - GFH Capital
« Svar #2135 på: Mars 24, 2014, 16:07:30 »
Statement på hjemmesiden i dag!

The club and its shareholders are disappointed at the decision of the Football League not to approve Massimo Cellino as a director of Leeds United FC.
However, the Board and Executive Management of the club, will continue discussions with the Football League and Eleonora Sport to find a solution that is suitable to all parties.
Our shareholders continue to support the club directly or through additional investments as has always been the case.
We would like to reassure the fans of the continuity of our great club.

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1oyl9zgyx0ngf16bzsu8sop4ha/title/a-statement-from-the-club#sthash.nYDzz8hS.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

newsome

« Svar #2136 på: Mars 24, 2014, 20:22:07 »
Statement på hjemmesiden i dag!

The club and its shareholders are disappointed at the decision of the Football League not to approve Massimo Cellino as a director of Leeds United FC.
However, the Board and Executive Management of the club, will continue discussions with the Football League and Eleonora Sport to find a solution that is suitable to all parties.
Our shareholders continue to support the club directly or through additional investments as has always been the case.
We would like to reassure the fans of the continuity of our great club.

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1oyl9zgyx0ngf16bzsu8sop4ha/title/a-statement-from-the-club#sthash.nYDzz8hS.dpuf
Continuity er vel det vi Leeds fans har opplevd med GFH Capital som eiere. Ble veldig beroliget av den formuleringen.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2137 på: Mars 24, 2014, 21:08:14 »
@APOPEY: #lufc Cellino : "The people who ran the club, they didn’t do it on purpose, but they didn’t know anything about soccer."
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2138 på: Mars 24, 2014, 21:29:59 »
So GFH allegedly drew up a dossier as to reasons why Cellino was an inappropriate owner for #lufc and are still persisting with this?

Dossier called Project Athena, the Greek goddess of law and justice. Someone has a sense of humour... #lufc

RoarG

« Svar #2139 på: Mars 25, 2014, 09:03:06 »
Lille speil på veggen der, hvem er blakkest i landet her?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Leedsfan

« Svar #2140 på: Mars 26, 2014, 18:36:32 »
WHEN GFH Capital, a Dubai arm of Bahrain-based bank GFH, bought Leeds United in December 2012, executives including Salem Patel appeared on national television to assure the fans his company had the funds to take Leeds places. Patel said on the BBC (link here for video): “We wouldn’t have bought this club if we didn’t have the money in place to make this club successful. And it’s as simple as that.” Except GFH’s reign has been anything but simple. It has been a period of chaos and confusion, empty promises and false starts, farce and failure, and threatened meltdown. Events are now reaching a critical point because new owner-in-waiting, convicted fraudster Massimo Cellino, has been told he is not a fit and proper person to take over. As fans wait to see what happens next, supporter Amitai Winehouse explains how GFH Capital for a long time ruled by PR, telling fans privately what they wanted to hear, while also asking them how to run the club. This feature is reproduced with the kind permission of the Square Ball fanzine, where it appeared in the latest issue (below right).
By Amitai Winehouse
26 March 2014
About eleven months ago, I had a very significant shouting match with my mum. We were arguing about Salem Patel. That doesn’t sound like the sort of thing most people argue about with their parents, but then again, I’d had a weird few months.
It really doesn’t surprise me that the last few months have gone like they have for Leeds United, because eleven months ago, I was forced to cut off contact with a director at Leeds United. Back then I was a 20-year-old student at Newcastle University, studying history and running a blog about football on the side.
Twelve months ago I wrote an open letter to GFH Capital and stuck it on the website, the result of a frustrating few days as a fan and a desire to see GFH make some changes at the club. They’d talked about a vague concept that they regularly called engagement, so I thought maybe they’d listen. But I didn’t expect as much engagement as actually occurred.
It began with being invited to meet Salem Patel for a few hours after the Spurs FA Cup win last season. I went along, meeting him at the Malmaison, and he seemed like a nice guy, but some of the things he asked were way above my head. “Who should we appoint as manager, Paul Lambert or Nigel Adkins?” isn’t a question you should be asking anyone when you’re the man running a football club, never mind asking a student who, really, just supports the team.
I knew who we were going to sign several days before the busy deadline day, and knew we were trying to sign Chris Burke because Salem had happened to see him have a good game against Leeds in the FA Cup. I kept that information to myself. I suppose I was meant to,  but I also wasn’t exactly keen to rush to join the horde of in-the-knows on Twitter.
A moment from that meeting sticks with me to this day. At that point, despite the cup win earlier in the day, I was absolutely open with my dislike of Neil Warnock. One of the things I said he’d been doing wrong was his mistreatment of Ross McCormack. Salem then happily pointed out that Warnock and GFH had tried to sell Ross in the previous two windows due to perceived attitude issues. Given how utterly reliant we’ve been on Ross ever since, it shows how little GFH knew and know about football, trusting the opinion of Warnock outright. If it weren’t for Ross’s clear affinity for the club, we’d be in real trouble.
At some point, El Hadji Diouf showed up with a party of guests, spotted Salem and came over to talk. It was 11pm, but Diouf added impetus to the conversation. What came out of a thirty minute chat with him? Salem was pressing him to ask his friend Habib Habibou to drop his wage demands if he wanted to join us. We talked about Aruna Dindane, and it turned out Diouf was helping players he knew get trials at the club. Diouf also came across as someone in absolute love with Leeds United and the idea of helping us get promoted. I left the Malmaison a bit overwhelmed by the day’s events, which had started with Luke Varney putting us ahead against Spurs.
The entire Salem thing started to become a bit shambolic when the direct messages started pouring in on Twitter. I had returned to Newcastle and carried on with my life. I remember receiving a message from Salem after the Cardiff game, when I was on my way to a house party, asking what I thought about the new signings. I didn’t really know why they needed my opinion, but it turns out it was quite simple – they had no idea.
Later, a report appeared on the internet about GFH Capital’s finances, and I took that information and put together a post about it for my blog, like I had been doing for the previous year about Ken Bates. Things didn’t look great, so I thought Leeds fans deserved to know about it. Around the same time, I also retweeted another person’s piece that asked questions of GFH. Obviously, a message came through from Salem, telling me that what I’d written and proliferated had been a falsehood, that people with an agenda against GFH had written it and that I shouldn’t have posted it. I just thought this was a man defending his company, so I let it slip by.
It was around this point that I began to notice other people on Twitter regurgitating the messages that I’d received from Salem almost verbatim. People began tweeting out regular questions like “How much should Leeds season tickets cost?” I had been asked by Salem to do the same, but thought it wasn’t my place – I didn’t work for the club, so why was it my job to carry out market research for them? It began to worry me that the club was making decisions over its financial future based on what people tweeted back to fan sites.
Further incidents ruffled me and caused the aforementioned shouting match. My mum, one of the friendliest people I know, was keen that I didn’t upset anyone. She said that I should start talking to Salem again. I began to tell her that, firstly, my duty when writing on my blog was to fans, not to some investment bank in Bahrain; and secondly, that what had been asked of me was unacceptable because of that, because it would make me an unpaid tool of the club. Two days later, she apologised to me – she’d told her friends what had happened and they’d said I was in the right.
GFH ran the Watch Leeds 4 Less promotion, hoping to see it boost attendances. Admittedly, it increased the attendance relative to other games that season, but they were clearly keen to see it work to prove a point to the previous regime. Salem asked me to write a post on my site detailing the scheme, and, even though I have since lost the transcript, pretty much asked me to say that if fans didn’t attend, such a scheme wouldn’t be run again. I thought this was unacceptable.
The second moment that made me realise I couldn’t speak to them any further was after there had been talk of a takeover attempt by Steve Parkin. I acted a bit foolishly on WACCOE, getting into an argument about the potentially good stuff that I’d heard was behind the deal, but, as I said, I was only 20 years old, and I could have been far worse. Again, a message came through from Salem in which I was basically told that what I had said on WACCOE was being watched, and that it was wrong. It was then that the truth hit me, and I realised why Salem and GFH cared so much. They were concerned about what people with a voice could do.
This is why I’m absolutely not surprised that the last few months have gone like they have. GFH have been focused purely on controlling the narrative from the very moment they took over Leeds United, no matter how they were truly running the club in the background. Whenever their guard has slipped, we’ve seen moments that demonstrated their inadequacy, like Salah Nooruddin calling for McDermott’s head on Twitter after a loss (since deleted).
It’s been clear that there have been issues brewing in the background, but there has been little in the way of dissenting voices from expected sources except from this magazine and a select few others. It’s understandable that those working in the media itself have been limited as to what they could say, given their need to be able to cover the football itself, but even they have done a great job of uncovering information where possible. Those who write for the fans, however, didn’t do their duty to them. People had their heads turned by attention from higher ups.
This is what the GFH period at Leeds has taught me – that word from the fans scares club owners more than anything else. Don’t doubt it for a second: our reaction at the Huddersfield game saved Brian McDermott’s job, however temporarily. We have the power to alter things, and sitting there helps nothing. People forgot what they needed to do because of who they talked to; they forgot what power their word had, and because of that, we find ourselves in a situation where the true state of the club has come as a shock.
A last thought: Salem Patel seemed like a nice guy in person. Salah Nooruddin promised “goodies.” David Haigh tweeted about “side before self.” And yet they have sold our club to the highest bidder with no regard for what he might do, after nearly running us into the ground in just over a year. These men will all still have a say at the new Leeds United.
Don’t trust them for a second.
Amitai Winehouse can be found blogging at www.thesquareball.net/blog and is on Twitter @awinehouse1
Sportingintelligence would like to hear from any other Leeds fans who have been privately given false promises about Leeds over the past 18 months. Contact details are on this page.

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #2141 på: Mars 26, 2014, 18:39:14 »
Burde vel bytte navn på tråden til "BLAKKE EIERE - GFH Capital."

testo

« Svar #2142 på: Mars 26, 2014, 19:26:19 »
Så sant så sant!!

Enough is Enough. Leeds fans deserve better from the team on the pitch

haven't blogged in a while. In fact since the events of transfer deadline day my heart hasn't been in it. The club I love, the club I have supported for 44 years, through thick and thin finally got the better of me. I'm ashamed to say it but I lost interest in Leeds United.

My head was telling me "enough is enough" and for once my heart agreed. We Leeds fans have suffered endlessly since 2004 but the happenings of the past 2 months went a step too far. Cellino's sacking of McDermott and his subsequent reinstatement was farcical to say the least. Results on the pitch have matched that farce. There is something inherently wrong at this great club and it's the fans that are suffering. Being beaten in games is one thing but being hammered by average teams ie Bolton, Reading and Bournemouth, is unforgivable. There is no passion, no pride, no fighting spirit and no leadership being shown on and off the pitch.

We lie 12 points off the playoff spots and 15 above the relegation zone. This is after the worst run of form since Christmas, that I have witnessed. Imagine what we could have achieved in that time. Four more wins would have had us in a playoff position. Let's just look at some of the games we lost; Blackburn at home, Wednesday away, Leicester at home, Brighton and Burnley away, Bolton and Reading at home and Bournemouth away. 8 defeats in total since the new year. Just winning half of those games, our home ones, would see us up there battling for the playoffs. Instead we are stuck in mid-table mediocrity trying to see out a season that promised so much, but much as our times under Grayson and Warnock, has failed to deliver.

Many fans are asking where the blame lies? Has the Cellino takeover saga made McDermott's tenure untenable. He was completely undermined by the whole affair and I have to give him credit for the way he handled the media. His handling of team affairs though seems to have been affected and the results and performances have certainly deteriorated since that whole sorry episode. Now with the Football League blocking Cellino's takeover where does that leave the club? The Italian has pumped a large sum of money into the club since he began the takeover process and one wonders what will happen if his appeal is unsuccessful. Will he want his £10million back and if so where is that going to come from. Players and staff are worried that they won't get their monthly pay check this weekend and maybe this is the reason performances have dipped.

The big question is, are we on the brink of administration again? If so, where will that leave the club? What points deduction will we face for going into administration for a second time since 2008/9. I have heard the figure of 20 points being bandied about. If that is the case we will almost certainly be relegated to League one and have to sell off all our best players, McCormack, Byram etc and have to start from scratch again, possibly with a new manager and a whole new batch of players.

It is certainly worrying times at Elland Road and for the Leeds faithful. We still harp on about being a big club, which we are, but we are a club that has limited ambition at present that is just hanging on to survival by the tips of its fingers. We are a long way from being a Premier League side again. At the rate we are going we will be lucky to see top flight football in the next 10 years. We need investment and we need it soon. We have a great fan base that will support the club through its ups and downs but we need to have people in place in the running of the club that have the same vested interest. As it stands GFH or whoever it is owns us at present, are not showing that vested interest. The players and management are suffering on the pitch and us beleaguered supporters are suffering in the stands.

We will sing our hearts out, take the piss out of ourselves and follow Leeds through good times and bad but there comes a time to say Enough is Enough and that time is now. Things need to be sorted and fast or we face falling further into debt and falling further down the league table into oblivion. We have 9 games left this season. Nine games for the players to show passion, pride and fighting spirit to show us fans that they are worthy of wearing the white shirt of Leeds United. Nine games for BMAC to show that he is the right man to lead us forward. Nine games for the Board to get things sorted and put up or shut up. Nine games that could decide the future of Leeds United.

My heart is breaking with what is going on at my club. We the fans deserve more. Phil Beeton, who attended his 2000th consecutive Leeds match last night, deserves more. The fans are behind the team and yes I know there are issues behind the scenes, but professional footballers need to perform on the pitch and of late that is not happening. A complete overhaul of the squad is needed. Money is needed in order to accomplish that. So a takeover by Cellino or some other multi millionaire is required. As always at Leeds it won't be straight forward, it won't be pretty and it will keep us fans on tenterhooks but we will live in hope that the mess of the last couple of months will be resigned to the history books and that we can all look forward to a brighter future at Elland Road. It may get worse before it gets better but our rise back to the top will be all the more sweeter because of it.

One can dream.

MOT Leeds Leeds Leeds
http://www.weallloveleeds.co.uk/20/post/2014/03/enough-is-enough-leeds-fans-deserve-better-from-the-team-on-the-pitch.html?
Leeds United will always have a special place in my heart....and a bunch of men and women who enjoy speed and excitement.
Terje

Sleivind

« Svar #2143 på: Mars 26, 2014, 19:52:15 »
En ting som er sikkert, vi har gått fra veldig vondt med Bates til nøyaktig like vondt med GFH.

Cherry

« Svar #2144 på: Mars 26, 2014, 20:31:39 »
En ting som er sikkert, vi har gått fra veldig vondt med Bates til nøyaktig like vondt med GFH.

Ja, ganske utrolig.  Eiere uten noe annen mening enn å videreselge vår klubb.... Som de faktisk ikke ante
Hvor lå i terrenget når det gjaldt spillermateriell eller manager. De trodde faktisk at vi skulle klare å rykke opp i år!

Æ e' skræmt!  Utrolige leserbrev her også, vi er pr i dag styrt av en flokk med Businessmenn uten noe som helst
Kjennskap til engelsk fotball og kulturen for dette i en by som Leeds.
Hvor nå David Haigh havnet opp i dette, som virker å være oppriktig interessert er for meg en gåte.

MYYYE uklart og tåkelagt om dagen... Må si at d ikke er spillerlønninger som opptar meg da..

Leedsfan

« Svar #2145 på: Mars 27, 2014, 00:51:36 »
Salem Patel er visst blitt avslørt som infiltratør på forumet Waccoe, han har kalt seg Melas og Paddy #1

@awinehouse1: Salem "Paddy Kenny #1" on Habib Habibou: "Warnock, hasn't really given the lad a chance. Hoping to see a bit more of him..." #lufc

Det var Salem eller Melas som hentet Habibou:)
Snakk om flaut opplegg!

Jon R

« Svar #2146 på: Mars 27, 2014, 00:56:25 »
Nå må du snart gå og legge deg Kenneth. Folk med blærekatarr trenger også oppfølging! :-)
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #2147 på: Mars 27, 2014, 01:28:27 »
Nå må du snart gå og legge deg Kenneth. Folk med blærekatarr trenger også oppfølging! :-)

Jeg er på nattevakt og yter god service til nyresteiner, store prostataer, overaktive blærer, pungene på størrelse med håndballer og annet. Samtidig så leser jeg meg opp på Twitter for å holde meg våken.

Noen ekstremt tragiske dager vi er vitne til...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2148 på: Mars 28, 2014, 14:01:52 »
En ganske god artikkel om GFH's kvalifikasjoner til å drifte Leeds United videre:

http://roblufc.org/2014/03/28/a-summary-of-gfh-qualifications-to-run-leeds-united-by-rob-atkinson/

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2149 på: Mars 28, 2014, 17:28:50 »
Invited to the game by Leeds United managing director and Leeds United Ladies chairman David Haigh ahead of their own Elland Road game against Blackburn Rovers Ladies on Sunday 13 April (2pm)

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/zxgsmermv89w1nssvken4me0d/title/emma-thanks-club-for-support?#sthash.6UpIn8Ke.dpuf

Leeds United Ladies Chairman !!!  :o
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sleivind

« Svar #2150 på: Mars 28, 2014, 18:54:51 »
Drister meg til å si at GFH har utviklet seg til å bli akkurat like jævlige som Bates. Hvem hadde trodd det?

Vet ikke om jeg skal le eller gråte.

Sydhagen

« Svar #2151 på: Mars 28, 2014, 18:57:59 »
Drister meg til å si at GFH har utviklet seg til å bli akkurat like jævlige som Bates. Hvem hadde trodd det?

Vet ikke om jeg skal le eller gråte.
Vil påstå de er mye verre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

TallyHo

« Svar #2152 på: Mars 28, 2014, 19:13:58 »
 |
 |
 |
 |
\/
Min jomfrukamp: 18.05.76
Viking- Leeds United  0-1    Tilsk. 9.429. 
Mc. Niven 22 min. Banens beste; Billy Bremner.   
Etter at Leeds United hadde fått sitt honorar satt Viking igjen med kr. 50 i overskudd til tross for 9.429 på tribunen.

Jon R

« Svar #2153 på: Mars 28, 2014, 19:50:42 »
En ganske god artikkel om GFH's kvalifikasjoner til å drifte Leeds United videre:

http://roblufc.org/2014/03/28/a-summary-of-gfh-qualifications-to-run-leeds-united-by-rob-atkinson/

::)

Kort, konsist, informativt.   :D

...og ganske så tragisk..... :'(
Jon R.

baste

« Svar #2154 på: Mars 28, 2014, 23:28:50 »
The consortium that lost out to Massimo Cellino in the battle to buy Leeds United has urged the club's outgoing owners to reconsider its bid if the Italian is prevented from completing his takeover at Elland Road.

E det noe å tenke på ??

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/consortium-wants-leeds-bid-talks-S11363888559064?

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ny hovedaksjonær: Massimo Cellino? "Pending FL approval"
« Svar #2155 på: Mars 29, 2014, 10:25:56 »

GFH refse to pay until apeal held

Massimo Cellino
by Phil Hay
Published on the
29 March
06:15
30 comments

Print this
Sponsored by

Leeds United and owner Gulf Finance House will wait for the outcome of Massimo Cellino’s takeover appeal before completing payment of wages for March after hatching a deal to defer half of the money owed to the club’s first-team squad.

Leeds United and owner Gulf Finance House will wait for the outcome of Massimo Cellino’s takeover appeal before completing payment of wages for March after hatching a deal to defer half of the money owed to the club’s first-team squad.

United’s players and coaching staff, including manager Brian McDermott and assistant Nigel Gibbs, agreed to accept 50 per cent of the wages owed to them this month after Leeds failed to pay them on time yesterday morning.

The delay, which did not affect non-playing staff at Elland Road, came as GFH and Cellino – the Italian businessman whose proposed buy-out of Leeds hinges on an appeal against the Football League – failed to resolve a bitter argument over which of them should pay the salary bill for March.

Cellino’s 75 per cent takeover was rejected by the Football League on Monday, with its eight-man board ruling that his recent conviction for tax evasion in Italy breached the governing body’s Owners and Directors Test, but the 57-year-old has appealed and his challenge could be heard by an independent QC as early as Monday or Tuesday.

The Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) was involved in easing the dispute over wages during a meeting at Thorp Arch yesterday, with United’s squad and backroom team agreeing to accept an immediate payment of half of their wages.

PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said the rest would be paid “subject to how the appeals process goes.”

Taylor told the YEP: “The players are realistic and we’re optimistic that the issue can be resolved.

“It’s quite political at Leeds regarding the ownership but we’ve been in touch with our members and a solution’s being found. Everyone is satisfied with the way we’re going forward.

“Whilst we’re never happy to see these problems, we’re hopeful of seeing the situation resolved.”

Taylor said he believed the money paid to the players yesterday was “coming from the prospective owner (Cellino)” but said: “To be perfectly honest, I can’t say at this stage who will pay the whole balance.”

However, the YEP has been told that the wages for general staff at Leeds - all of whom were paid in full yesterday morning - and the 50 per cent paid to the players and coaches came from money left in United’s accounts.

A source said neither GFH nor Cellino had put fresh funds into the club in the past 48 hours, and the cash available to Leeds left them unable to meet more than half of the players’ wage bill.

Taylor played down the possibility of the PFA using its benevolent fund to temporarily loan Leeds money, saying: “It’s there to help players in times of hardship and it’s a last resort.

“I don’t think we’re at that stage yet but it’s a recourse that’s available to us.”

The League Managers Association (LMA), which assisted McDermott after his attempted sacking by Cellino in January, was approached for comment but have not responded.

GFH has said nothing about yesterday’s debacle but the stand-off between the Bahraini bank and Cellino has increased fears that United are on the verge of financial collapse.

Urgent talks involving lawyers representing Cellino and GFH chief executive Hisham Alrayes were arranged by United managing director David Haigh in London on Wednesday and continued throughout Thursday without securing a resolution.

GFH believes that the deal it agreed with Cellino for a £25m sale for Leeds included a provision that the Italian’s company, Eleonora Sport Limited, would meet the club’s operating costs for a six-month period from the end of January.

Cellino met that obligation for two months running but has grown increasingly reluctant to hand over more cash with his takeover under threat.

The Football League disqualified him from becoming owner of Leeds on Monday after a court in Sardinia found Cellino guilty of failing to pay around £300,000 of import duty on a yacht he bought in 2010.

Meanwhile Together Leeds consortium leader Mike Farnan says his group are still keen on buying the Whites.

Farnan said: “We are a very sound group. We are a very experienced group. We have the interests of the football club at heart. We do not want to the see the club going into administration.

“If Massimo Cellino fails with the appeal, we want to be the alternative choice to take this football club forwards.

“We believe we have the ability, the money, the will and the strategy to take the club from the starting line next year, equal terms to everybody else in the Championship, to give us a good shot at Premier League.”

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-gfh-refuse-to-pay-until-appeal-held-1-6529720

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2156 på: Mars 29, 2014, 10:28:02 »
Phil Hay: Classless GFH leave Leeds United high and dry

GFH and would-be Whites owner Massimo Cellino argue over money and the wage bill goes unpaid on another farcical day at Elland Road.

Wednesday was a day for reflection about football. The game with the nets and the rectangular field. This is the last weekend of March and Tuesday’s harrowing defeat in Bournemouth was an excuse and a cue for some blood-letting at Elland Road. What better time to start deciding which of these cats are out of lives?

So naturally Wednesday was devoted to other things as senior employees from Leeds United and Gulf Finance House and lawyers working for Massimo Cellino converged on London to argue the toss over who if anyone would pay the wages for March. Brian McDermott says football is secondary at Leeds but even that opinion is generous. The game is nowhere in the club’s consciousness, as far back from the front counter as United are from the play-offs.

The definition of disrepute is being held in low esteem by the public. That’s the level GFH has reached and that’s where the bank has dragged the club. There was no spinning out of the failure to pay United’s players in full yesterday and GFH did not bother to try. How it can see a role for itself as a minority shareholder at Leeds in future is an answer to be found through the wardrobe into Narnia.

It took Gordon Taylor, the chief executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, to say yesterday morning that as far as he knew, Cellino would be responsible for funding part-payment made to United’s squad in the past 24 hours. It fell to him to claim that payment of the remaining balance – half of what the players are owed – would arrive subject to the outcome of Cellino’s appeal to the Football League; in other words, after his appeal but only if an independent QC revokes the League’s decision to ban him from buying a stake in Leeds.

The general understanding is that when Cellino and GFH made their takeover pact on January 31, the Italian agreed to meet all operating costs for the next six months. It was a huge commitment – and GFH believes, an unconditional clause – but the deal was bound to be tested if the Football League obstructed his buy-out. From the earliest days, Cellino’s takeover and the agreements around it gambled on an approval process which never looked like a formality. There are worries now about the calculation of the risk and a reluctance on Cellino’s part to wade in too deeply.

GFH likes to let it be known that Leeds are in no danger. The bank says it has money to fund the club if necessary. If we take its word for that, what we had on Thursday afternoon – with the wage bill due the following morning – was two parties holding enough cash to pay the debt but showing no desire to do so. In some respects, won’t pay is worse than can’t pay. It’s a considered choice. But obviously this is all about Leeds United. It’s all about the history, the supporters, the fever. Bournemouth away must have brought back memories.

Contracts notwithstanding, the real world will ask why on earth Cellino would be minded to foot the wages for March when his takeover hangs by the thread of an appeal. But in the absence of any official comment and in spite of Cellino’s resistance, Taylor gave the impression that it would fall to him. Other sources say Leeds used all that was left in their bank account, which is why the players made do with half-pay. Not that the players were any the wiser. They spent yesterday morning trying to establish whether any of them had received any money. On Thursday night you had uncomfortable visions of the entire workforce at Leeds, sat in front of laptops refreshing their bank accounts. At least the rank and file – good people and scores of them – were paid on time.

As for the players, don’t bother with the notion that this is Karma for Tuesday night’s no-show at Bournemouth, or for their general performance since Christmas. It’s a disingenuous way of distorting the issue unless you think that public sector workers should have their pay docked or withheld on the say-so of anyone who pays tax and has a problem with their input.

United’s application at Dean Court scraped the barrel – a derelict, soulless effort – and for that time on Wednesday should have been spent determining who’s in and who’s out when the summer comes – the squad, the coaching staff, everyone. There are legitimate ways of dealing with underachieving professionals; drop them, sell them, release them at the end of their contracts. Hundreds of players lose their jobs each year and more and more find employment with new clubs difficult to come by. It’s never been a career without consequence and when May comes, the exodus from Elland Road will be large. There is still no reason why monthly wages should be the collateral damage of a protracted change of ownership.

The most depressing fact to emerge in the past 72 hours was that by 2pm on Thursday, McDermott had received no contact at all about salaries from anyone above him. That would matter little had the wage bill been met in time and in full yesterday but the lack of communication is remarkable, especially since it transpired that he, his coaching team and the squad he manages were the people about to go short.

Morale? It must be wonderful. We’re at the tell-tale stage now where those on the inside are asking members of the media what to expect next. GFH says time after time the club will not go down the road they followed in 2007 but for those of us who saw that hellish period, there are similarities – confused faces everywhere, shoulders shrugged in response to questions, an absence of guarantees about money. No matter GFH’s view of events, there are many at Elland Road who feel deserted. Go there today and you’ll find plenty of them, pawns on the black and white board. You’ll also find some dignity and class. Just don’t look for much over their heads.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/phil-hay-classless-gfh-leave-leeds-united-high-and-dry-1-6529633

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #2157 på: Mars 29, 2014, 12:51:51 »
Ganske oppsiktsvekkende det som kommer frem her egentlig.  :o

Kortversjonen: GHF gir f..... i spillerne, manageren og fotballen. GHF sier de har penger til å utbetale hele den utestående lønna " om nødvendig" men unnlater altså å gjøre det. Fotball er sekundært i Leeds nå, og kommunikasjonen med BMD  og hans staff er totalt fraværende.  

Dette går strake veien til L1 hvis ikke noe drastisk skjer den neste uken.  Selv om man da finner en løsning må Haigh og GHF ut av denne klubben ASAP og bannlyses fra alle fotballrelaterte forretninger i all fremtid. F&&%##  #%!!!!
Jon R.

Jon R

« Svar #2158 på: Mars 29, 2014, 12:55:49 »
Flyttet tre siste innlegg fra Cellino tråden da de først og fremst omhandler GHF.
Jon R.

marve

« Svar #2159 på: Mars 29, 2014, 13:33:42 »
Ganske oppsiktsvekkende det som kommer frem her egentlig.  :o

Kortversjonen: GHF gir f..... i spillerne, manageren og fotballen. GHF sier de har penger til å utbetale hele den utestående lønna " om nødvendig" men unnlater altså å gjøre det. Fotball er sekundært i Leeds nå, og kommunikasjonen med BMD  og hans staff er totalt fraværende. 

Dette går strake veien til L1 hvis ikke noe drastisk skjer den neste uken.  Selv om man da finner en løsning må Haigh og GHF ut av denne klubben ASAP og bannlyses fra alle fotballrelaterte forretninger i all fremtid. F&&%##  #%!!!!
Tror du ikke det nå er cellino eller admin da !
Skal nye komme inn så vill det ta tid veldig lang tid ,hvem skal betale for driften  av klubben så lenge da ? cellino hehehehe.
De nye eierne skal vell også mellom denne testen til fl og det tar også svært lang tid 2-3 mnd .
« Siste redigering: Mars 29, 2014, 13:36:29 av marve »