Skrevet av Emne: Tema: ALT HÃ…P ER IKKE UTE ELLER !?  (Lest 16772 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Re: Tema: ALT HÃ…P ER IKKE UTE ELLER !?
« Svar #120 på: April 03, 2007, 23:06:12 »
Kish confident of Whites survival

On-loan Leeds midfielder Radostin Kishishev believes Dennis Wise's side have shown the resilience they need to pull out of trouble.

Friday's 2-1 win over Preston gave the Whites an excellent chance of beating the drop with six matches remaining.
And Kishishev, who has extended his loan from Charlton until the end of the season, told the club's official website: "I'm so happy here. We've gone four games unbeaten and when I go back to the game against Sheffield Wednesday - my first game here - we dominated and were losing 3-0 after 80 minutes.
"I was so surprised by that but we've shown we can recover and we go four games playing well.
"Hopefully we'll get more points over the next four games."

TeamTalk
« Siste redigering: April 03, 2007, 23:06:41 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #121 på: April 03, 2007, 23:09:08 »
United can seal safety with Kish

WITH the extension of Radostin Kishishev's loan deal yesterday, the battle line for Leeds United's Championship run-in was immovably drawn.
Ensuring Kishishev's involvement until the end of the season was the most important transfer issue remaining on Dennis Wise's agenda after a year of unrelenting recruitment, and the job of remoulding the present squad at Elland Road is, for now, at a standstill.
Later this month, Wise may attempt to extend the temporary agreements that have brought Lubomir Michalik from Bolton and Michael Gray from Blackburn, and Gray in particular will leave over Wise's dead body.
The full-back entered United's trenches on Friday night and attacked Preston, defensively and offensively, with startling energy. His previous first-team appearance had come no fewer than 97 days earlier.
But it is the retention of Kishishev, himself a peripheral Premiership player, that will matter most to Wise at the end of a rousing month.
The midfielder's welcome to Elland Road was somewhat frosty, introduced as he was during a 3-2 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, but his quiet influence and industrious contribution has assisted United's first show of respectable form this season.
The standard of Jonathan Douglas' performance against Preston on Friday evening – perhaps his most competent in a Leeds shirt – was an indication of the balance which Kishishev has provided in a midfield that has been hopelessly disjointed and unsettled since Leeds opened their campaign against Norwich City.
Douglas was typically aggressive and prevented North End from exploiting the little possession they had, but the space afforded to him on and around the halfway line was a rare pleasure, and a revealing sign of the understanding that United's partnership in the centre of midfield are developing.
Kishishev's game is not without flair, but his reliable grasp of football's basics, and his ability to lift pressure from players around him, has been of greater value to Leeds.
It will worry Wise to remember that Douglas is one booking short of a three-match ban, a tightrope that he has walked carefully since his yellow card against Luton at the start of last month.
Wise would sooner see his captain risk suspension than withdraw to the fringes of United's fixtures, but the potential loss of Douglas is perhaps the biggest threat to a line-up that should now be settled.
It has taken Leeds until five weeks before the end of the season to find an effective formula, and Wise's praise of his players on Friday evening was almost the sound of a satisfied man.
"We're very confident with the team we've got now," he said.
"It's been tough doing it. We've had a lot of injuries, a lot of people missing and a lot of changes. It's been difficult times.
"They've kept themselves going and they believe in what they have to achieve.
They want to save Leeds from going down."
Wise ordered several of his players into Thorp Arch for training on Saturday before resuming his work with the full squad yesterday, but Friday's performance was the essence of commitment.
Kishishev and David Healy fought through 90 minutes having been rushed into domestic service 48 hours after international duty in midweek.
Gray, meanwhile, performed in a manner which spoke volumes about his and Blackburn's approach to personal fitness at Ewood Park.
Wise described Gray as a "good player" after the victory over Preston, which might have been the understatement of the night.
The full-back already seems like a crucial link in a position that has troubled Leeds all season.
According to comments from Ken Bates in United's matchday programme, Leeds were given – and rejected – the chance to sign Gray last summer, when Kevin Blackwell was in charge.
Wise said: "He did very well. He's a good player.
"I've been chasing him for a little while. There are a couple of players who you chase but you have to wait for. Kish was another one.
"We target certain players, and we nearly signed Lubo (permanently) but unfortunately he was whisked off to Bolton.
"These are players with a lot of quality about them, and who can help Leeds United."
From the wider perspective in English football, the club's situation seems to depend on Healy more than anyone.
The Northern Ireland forward returned to the starting line-up on Friday after three games on the bench, and it is inconceivable that he will be overlooked during the final six games of the season with so much outside attention on the striker and Leeds.
Wise admitted Elland Road had been a "madhouse" after Healy's dramatic winner over Preston, but his desire to return calm to a pulsating club will be hampered by a rush on tickets for this weekend's game at home to Plymouth Argyle.
Saturday's crowd is expected to reach a capacity of around 31,000 – Leeds have decided against opening the upper tier of the East Stand – and produce their biggest attendance of the season, surpassing the crowd of 29,593 that saw February's midweek draw with QPR.
Wise said: "Let's come down now.
"We've got work to do and a couple of games coming up which are very important to us."

Kilde: YEP (http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleID=2220038&SectionID=46)

Lars E

« Svar #122 på: April 04, 2007, 00:22:36 »
Klarer vi 3 seiere og 2 uavgjort på de 6 siste tror jeg mye er gjort for å sikre vår framtid i divisjonen. Og ja det tror jeg faktisk vi klarer.

Forever Leeds

Forever Leeds

baste

« Svar #123 på: April 04, 2007, 02:25:11 »
Radostin Kishishev og Gray er to solide låne spillere..som kan vise seg og være gull verd. Trur vi klarer oss..med ett nødskrik. Snart bedre målforskjell enn enkelte av de andre "bunn" lagene..viktig det og.

berlin

« Svar #124 på: April 04, 2007, 06:19:33 »
Gode venner, denne posten ble postet første gang 27.mars 2007, deretter 30.mars, og nå for 3 gang.

pr. 27.mars: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 30.mars: Leeds-Preston 2-1 ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 31.mars: Nei, alt håp er ikke ute (bra resultater for oss)
pr. 3.april: Nei, alt håp er ikke ute, selv om burnely og qpr vann

pr. 6.april: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 7.april: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 9.april: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 14.april:? Revidert 30.3: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 17.april:?
pr. 20.april:?
pr. 21.april:?
pr. 23.april:?
pr. 28.april:?
pr. 6.mai:?

Merkelig liste, hva?
Datoene representerer når Leeds spiller, eller et av de vi kjemper mot spiller. Med 3 fortløpende tap mot Plymoth, Colchester og Burnley, så er det ikke sikkert det er en teoretisk sjanse for overlevelse en gang ( hvis minst 4 av de andre laga samler veldig mye poeng samtidig )
Pessimister, realister eller optimister, jeg tror alle innerst inne håper på seier mot PNE Plymouth. Det kan skje.

Sorry, men jeg kommer til å repetere dennne posten fremover.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Siste redigering: April 04, 2007, 06:20:30 av berlin »

berlin

« Svar #125 på: April 09, 2007, 20:05:42 »
Gode venner, denne posten ble postet første gang 27.mars 2007, deretter 30.mars, og nå for 3 gang.

pr. 17.april:? Revidert 9.4: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 20.april:? Revidert 9.4: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 21.april:?

Merkelig liste, hva?
Datoene representerer når Leeds spiller, eller et av de vi kjemper mot spiller. Med 3 fortløpende tap mot Colchester, Burnley og Southampton så er det ikke sikkert det er en teoretisk sjanse for overlevelse en gang ( hvis minst 4 av de andre laga samler veldig mye poeng samtidig )
Pessimister, realister eller optimister, jeg tror alle innerst inne håper på seier mot Colchester, som har divisjonens beste hjemmestatistikk ( inntil i dag ). Det kan skje.

Sorry, men jeg kommer til å repetere dennne posten fremover.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Siste redigering: April 10, 2007, 22:28:20 av berlin »

berlin

« Svar #126 på: April 15, 2007, 00:04:21 »
Gode venner, denne posten ble postet første gang 27.mars 2007, deretter 30.mars, og nå for 4 gang.

pr. 17.april:? Revidert 9.4: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 20.april:? Revidert 9.4: Nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )
pr. 21.april:? Revidert 14.4: nei, det er ikke det ( alt håp er ikke ute )

Merkelig liste, hva?
Datoene representerer når Leeds spiller, eller et av de vi kjemper mot spiller. Med 2 fortløpende tap mot Southampton og Ipswich så er det ikke sikkert det er en teoretisk sjanse for overlevelse en gang ( hvis de 5 andre laga samler veldig mye poeng samtidig )
Pessimister, realister eller optimister, jeg tror alle innerst inne håper på seier mot Southampton.  Det kan skje.

kjelvi

« Svar #127 på: April 15, 2007, 19:32:51 »
O'Leary belief in Leeds prospects

O'Leary was boss at Leeds from October 1998 to June 2002

Former Leeds boss David O'Leary says the Elland Road club have started to raise their game just in time to help survive in the Championship.

Leeds beat Burnley to win for the second time in three games, although they are still in the bottom three.
"Their form over the last few games has been good and they've started to win games. That's what they need ," O'Leary told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek.
"There are still plenty of clubs in the mix and it is going to be very tight."
Leeds lost in the play-off final last season under Kevin Blackwell but he was sacked as manager by chairman Ken Bates shortly into the present campaign.
Bates brought in Dennis Wise but he has struggled to instigate the club's rise out of the relegation zone.
"I don't really know Kevin and what went on within the club but it came as a great shock to a lot of people round the city when he was replaced," added O'Leary.
"I never wanted to leave. The fans are fantastic to me here. I hope they stay up because I had great times at the club.

BBC Sport
« Siste redigering: April 15, 2007, 19:33:52 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #128 på: April 20, 2007, 02:37:57 »
Wise confident of staying up

Dennis Wise remains upbeat about Leeds United's chances of staving off relegation.

The Whites are level on points with fourth-from-bottom Hull City with three games to play and travel to play-off chasing Southampton at the weekend.
Ipswich Town then visit Elland Road before the season concludes with a trip to promotion-seeking Derby County.
But though Leeds have a tough climax to the season, Wise is confident his team can do enough to stay in the Championship.
"It's going to go, as I've said before, all the way to the wire," said Wise on Sky Sports News.
"It's going to be very close. We've been playing well, we've been getting points and we're in there.
"We've drawn a few teams closer now, which is good.
"It's in other people's hands, but it's also in our hands because of the goal difference and that.
"If we get a certain amount of points we'll be okay."

SkySports
« Siste redigering: April 20, 2007, 02:38:38 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #129 på: April 20, 2007, 02:39:29 »
Wetherall gives backing to Leeds

Former Leeds defender David Wetherall is backing the club's current players to escape relegation.

Bradford caretaker manager Wetherall, whose own side are embroiled in a desperate bid to beat the drop, also believes gross financial mis-management is directly to blame for the plight of both clubs.
Wetherall, who spent eight years at Leeds as a player, said: "Quite simply Leeds are in a similar situation to the one we are in - gambling financially did not pay off and that has resulted in struggles on the pitch.
"It's obviously been a shock for Leeds supporters, especially after they were so close to promotion last year. They were one game away and it's all fallen away.
"They have three tough games coming up - Southampton and Derby away and Ipswich at home - and it's not going to be easy for them.
"But they've been picking up a lot recently and their fans will have a bit more belief now. Both us and Leeds are certainly capable of staying up."

TeamTalk
« Siste redigering: April 20, 2007, 02:42:22 av kjelvi »

flynn

« Svar #130 på: April 20, 2007, 16:24:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Wise confident of staying up

Dennis Wise remains upbeat about Leeds United's chances of staving off relegation.

The Whites are level on points with fourth-from-bottom Hull City with three games to play and travel to play-off chasing Southampton at the weekend.
Ipswich Town then visit Elland Road before the season concludes with a trip to promotion-seeking Derby County.
But though Leeds have a tough climax to the season, Wise is confident his team can do enough to stay in the Championship.
"It's going to go, as I've said before, all the way to the wire," said Wise on Sky Sports News.
"It's going to be very close. We've been playing well, we've been getting points and we're in there.
"We've drawn a few teams closer now, which is good.
"It's in other people's hands, but it's also in our hands because of the goal difference and that.
"If we get a certain amount of points we'll be okay."

SkySports

Her må jeg si meg fullstendig enig med Dennis!!!

flynn

RoarG

« Svar #131 på: April 20, 2007, 17:06:44 »
Det er bare å bifalle DW. Med lik poenscore 3 kamper før slutt kan alt skje. Det forutsetter nok at vi tar poeng i bortekampene også. Ipswich forutsetter jeg at vi slår! La oss være optimistiske og håpe at Leeds tar U mot S & D. Da får vi 5 pts. til og 50 pts. totalt. Det holder vel??

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

kjelvi

« Svar #132 på: April 20, 2007, 23:55:34 »
Beat The Drop, Leeds, For Me

I'll be honest. I hate Leeds. Let's face it, we all do. It's universal.

There aren't many clubs you can say that about, but it's true. Whenever there's a discussion of which clubs you really, truly hate, Leeds' name comes up. It doesn't matter whether the people having the conversation support Manchester United or Macclesfield - it's the same.
We've all enjoyed their travails of recent years. But it's starting to remind me of bullying my little brother when we were kids. Yeah, it's funny at first. Yeah, you want to see how far you can push it. But, ultimately, you get the feeling it's all going to end in tears. Possibly in Casualty.
We all enjoyed watching Leeds plummet from being a side lording it over most of the Premiership as they blazed their way to a Champions League semi-final to one at the dung-end of the table. We all enjoyed a tearful Alan Smith looking like his heart had been ripped out. We all enjoyed him giving the Elland Road faithful another taste of that feeling when he bobbed off over the Pennines. We all enjoyed - and at this point, I'm perilously close to laughing out loud - the pictures of that fat kid crying in the stand at Elland Road.
We all enjoyed them getting to the play-offs last year and buggering it up (think how badly they might have done if they'd come up - this is a side that Watford thrashed). We all enjoyed their comical start to this season, the comical middle of this season, the comical...well, the comical season.
But why did we all enjoy it? Why does everyone hate Leeds? Dirty Leeds. Scum. Where does that all come from? I'm not asking because I don't understand your feelings - I'm asking because I don't entirely understand mine. 'The fans' is the usual answer we give, to both ourselves and each other, and there are an awful lot of scummy fans. But then, there are an awful lot of scummy fans of any club, and they don't generate the same consistent hate.
And, if we're honest, there are a fair few nice ones as well. Normal people like you and me. A few of them work in (the Leeds-based, for the next time anyone complains about our southern bias) F365 Towers. I've drunk with Leeds fans, played football with Leeds fans, even lived with Leeds fans (wonderfully, during and after relegation from the top flight; I still remember the joy of turning on a new copy of Pro Evo and saying, "You be Leeds and I'll...oh").
When you think about it, 'the fans' doesn't seem to be enough reason to hate them. Nor does the place - this is a lovely city, if a bit melancholy at 5pm every Saturday.
The management, perhaps? They haven't been run by the nicest people over the last few years, after all. The Ridsdale/O'Leary days are over, replaced by the era of the (if it were possible) even less loveable Bates/Wise regime. But then, isn't that more of a reason to feel sorry for Leeds United - the fans, the 'club', the actual soul of whatever it is that is Leeds United, rather than the figures on Ken Bates' balance sheets - than it is to despise them?
Fans shouldn't have to put up with their chairman charging them Premiership prices to watch Championship football; certainly not the standard of Championship football on show in LS11. They shouldn't have to put up with a shaved monkey like Dennis Wise running their club. They shouldn't have to put up with the pantomime of the chairman telling fans outside the ground: "What can we do? Look at the sh*t we're stuck with until the summer."
But Leeds have become a pantomime. There's no other word for it. You couldn't script it; if it happened on Dream Team or Footballer's Wives no-one would believe it. You couldn't script Dennis Wise's rant about a player who would "never play for the club again" after leaking his team sheet to Crystal Palace. You couldn't script the embarrassing climbdown two days later when the club admitted they didn't know who it was.
You couldn't script the club captain telling the manager the day before a major relegation scrap that he wanted a move to Luton. You couldn't script Bates' slagging matches with ex-directors in the match programme. You couldn't script what the fans have been through. Haven't they suffered enough?
Leeds can't even get sponsorship right. They were the first club to sell their arses - or, more accurately, the advertising space on the back of their shorts (and when your club employs, at the time, Sean Gregan and Paul Butler, that's a lot of advertising space). The fans had to put up with having a stand sponsored by Lurpak, of all people; indeed, The Lurpak Stand was the first thing you saw of Elland Road as you came up the motorway. It's sponsored by a skip company now. If the cap fits...
I read an article in the Yorkshire Evening Post the other week in which a prominent local journalist offered the opinion that relegation to League One would be beneficial to the club. It would offer a chance to clean out the dead wood, he opined, to start afresh. It made me laugh; I'm sure I'd read the same article by the same journalist a couple of years before, only one league higher.
Make no mistake, relegation for Leeds would be a disaster. It wouldn't be any easier to come back up from League One than it was to get back into the Premiership. And it's always a shame when a proud old club goes that far. Certainly in Yorkshire - a huge swathe of the country represented by one (not very good) Premiership club - where football has gone to the dogs in the last 15 years.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see them back on their pedestal. But they should at least be allowed to sit on the edge of the plinth while we tease them.
Come on Leeds. For your fans, for your city, for football and even - may God forgive me - for me. Pull it together. Avoid the drop.

Just don't get good again, alright?

Adam Fraser

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #133 på: April 21, 2007, 00:05:59 »
Wise determined to hold on to star attractions to boost next campaign

LEEDS UNITED manager Dennis Wise thinks the current set of players at Elland Road are good enough to go places next season.

Wise is desperate to stave off the threat of relegation and steer Leeds back to the Premiership, but prize assets could be heading for the departure gates if the club are relegated to League One.
With three games to go, Leeds are still in the Championship relegation zone and locked in a battle to avoid the drop yet they will travel to Southampton tomorrow buoyed by a sequence of three wins in the last four games and in the knowledge that safety is now within touching distance.
The improved form of striker David Healy, the acquisition of loan signings Radostin Kishoshev, Michael Gray, Lubomir Michalik and Casper Ankergren, plus the return to fitness of striker Richard Cresswell have all made a massive difference to Leeds's on-the-field fortunes.
Although Northern Ireland ace Healy has caught the eye of Premiership clubs with goals for both club and country in the last few weeks, Wise is confident that the majority of his side would stay at Leeds next season – if they have maintained Championship status.
Wise said: "It would have been nice to have worked with this team from the start of the season. We have brought in certain players that have made it click. This side would not have been relegated.
"Our form in the last seven or eight games is up there with the best in the Championship. If it had not been, we would now be in big, big trouble," he added.
"That's why I really want us to stay up – I have got some good players and some should be playing at a higher level – but they want to achieve something at this football club which is fantastic. I get the feeling that most of the players want to stay if we stay up."
Wise believes the relegation scrap can only 'go to the wire' which puts equal importance on the club's final two games (against Ipswich Town and Derby County) as it does on tomorrow's trip to the south coast.
While Ipswich at home is regarded as the most 'winnable' fixture, it is the trip to third-placed Derby County on the final day of the season that could yet determine the club's destiny.
Derby dropped to third in the table after Birmingham's midweek victory over Leicester City and are now two points adrift of the top two automatic spots.
Wise joked: "I am hoping that Derby either have a fantastic run and get up – or have a terrible run and end up in the play-offs. Hopefully, they have a fantastic run, get up, and they all have an enjoyable week before we play them on the Sunday (May 6). That would be nice but whether that happens, I don't know."

Yorkshirepost.co.uk

RoarG

« Svar #134 på: April 25, 2007, 18:18:38 »
Litt statistikk over lag som er innblandet i kamper som har betydning for Leeds' skjebne:
NR.3. Derby (h) 12 6 4 31-19
NR.22. Leeds (b) 3 3 16 19-40
NR.11. Cardiff (h) 11 7 4 33-17
NR.14. Ipswich (b) 5 5 12 12-23
NR.12. Plymouth (b) 6 8 8 25-35
NR.21. Hull (h) 8 3 11 32-30
NR.21. Hull (b) 4 7 11 17-35

Vi kan jo legge merke til at Hulls bortestat. og Cardiffs hjemmestat. er symmetriske. Det kan tyde på at Hull borte får maks ett poeng. Plymouth borte er nesten hipp som happ, men Hull er sterke hjemme, og slår vel Plymouth når det står om plassen. Ipswich er ikke all verden borte, og Leeds bør kunne greie tre poeng. Hvis vi antar at Hull klarer 4 pts. må Leeds slå Derby, og da må laget overgå seg selv. Vinner Hull i Cardiff er det kjørt.

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020