Skrevet av Emne: Tema: ALT HÃ…P ER IKKE UTE ELLER !?  (Lest 16775 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

4ever arcticwhite

Re: Tema: ALT HÃ…P ER IKKE UTE ELLER !?
« Svar #60 på: Mars 14, 2007, 16:47:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by baste

On the plus side for Leeds, their run-in is arguably the kinder of the six clubs battling relegation with five of their future opponents having little to play for in the remainder of the season.

In contrast, QPR's fixture list contains six clubs chasing promotion while Southend have a quartet of six-pointers against their relegation rivals.

Lag som i utgangspunktet ikke har noe å spille for får det liksom likevel når de møter oss. "Everybody wants to see Leeds go down" er jo noe man hører ofte om dagen, og det gjelder nok også de lagene vi møter som ligger "midt på tabellen".

- The future's so white, I've got to wear shades [8D]
The future's so White I've got to wear shades 8)

kjelvi

« Svar #61 på: Mars 15, 2007, 16:12:12 »
Ex-player Micky Adams analyserer nedrykksstriden for BBC.
Han har fortsatt troen!
--

Battle to beat Championship drop

Micky Adams was Coventry manager for 99 games from January 2005 to January 2007 and was at the helm of Leicester in the second tier before that.

The race to avoid relegation from the Championship is hotting up with as few as eight games to go until the season ends on Sunday 6 May. Seven points separate seven teams vying to pull away from the trap door to League One.

And the bottom four are within four points of each other, with three teams set to go down.
Taking the last eight, nine or 10 games, if teams mirror that form through to the end of the season the present bottom three of Leeds, Luton and QPR are doomed, with the latter just missing out on goal difference to Burnley on 44 points.

But former Coventry boss Micky Adams believes the survival mark will be much nearer the division's traditional benchmark of 52 points.
"The clubs at the bottom have to be looking for more than 50 points," he told BBC Sport.
"That means some of them are going to have to find five wins from somewhere in eight matches, and when you consider that some haven't even won 10 games out of 38 it's difficult to see where those wins are going to come from."

Wins are imperative and for Adams, who had been pounding the Championship beat with Coventry for two years up until this January, the means to that end is experience.

Saturday's game between Southend and Leeds is a key match - it's massive
"If they can win games against those around them all the better and teams with bigger squads and experience are the ones more likely to get out of it," he added.
"There are some teams we expected to be down there at the beginning of the season through lack of resources and experience, but then there are also some surprises down there like Leeds.

"But I look at Leeds and I really think they can get out of this situation. They have experience on the pitch and in Dennis Wise, who took Millwall to an FA Cup final.
"Any manager who does that has got a good pedigree."
Leeds have been bottom since mid-January, but if they are going to climb clear, who is going to take their place in the bottom three?

BBC Sport asked Adams, who describes himself as one of football's 'fire-fighters', to run the rule over the clubs in peril at the wrong end of the Championship.

LEEDS
Position: 24th
Record: P38; W10; D5; L23; F38; A63; Pts 35
Form: DLLLWD
Still to play: Southend (a); Preston (h); Plymouth (h); Colchester (a); Burnley (h); Southampton (a); Ipswich (h); Derby (a).
 They've got strong characters, people who have experienced the good times and not just the bad at the club, and they need to stand up and be counted.
Leeds haven't scored enough goals, but if you take the last two games in isolation it has been a good return and that sort of form would be enough for them to escape.
The interest and hype can make it very, very hard for the players to perform and the crowd at Elland Road can go one of two ways; if they see their team giving 150% they will be supportive, otherwise they can be quite unforgiving.
But I think they understand the problems Dennis Wise has had, know he won't be giving up and are now backing their boys to the hilt.

Did you know? Leeds still have six players on their books who were in the Championship play-off final last season and four of them played in the draw at Leicester last time out.

LUTON
Position: 23rd
Record: P38; W9; D9; L20; F47; A65; Pts 36
Form: WLLLLL
Still to play: Ipswich (h); Burnley (a); Southampton (h); QPR (a); Plymouth (h); Derby (a); Southend (a); Sunderland (h).

They are in the worst form of any of the teams down at the bottom and their present run must be very depressing for manager Mike Newell.
Rowan Vine, Steve Howard, Carlos Edwards and Kevin Nicholls were the nucleus of the side that played well last season, but now they've all gone it highlights the dangers of letting your best players go.
Look at the goals against figure. It is joint-worst in the division with Barnsley and it is clear where their problems are, but there is no easy quick fix.
Opportunities in the loan market are not as available as before as Premiership clubs want to keep their squads together more these days so you're left with scoring more goals - which is easier said than done!

Did you know? Rowan Vine (14) and Carlos Edwards (six) are still the club's leading two scorers despite leaving Kenilworth Road more than two months ago.

QPR
Position: 22nd
Record: P37; W9; D10; L18; F42; A58; Pts 37
Form: LDDLDD
Still to play: Leicester (a); West Brom (h); Preston (h); Coventry (a); Luton (h); Sunderland (a); Cardiff (h); Wolves (a); Stoke (h).

Manager John Gregory has addressed the fact they were leaking goals and Danny Cullip and goalkeeper Lee Camp have looked good since coming in.
Conceding a late goal at Derby to draw is a blow, but they cannot afford to look at it like that.
They still got a point away to a very good side, gave a good account of themselves and they must have gone into it thinking that if they got anything they would be pleased. It could yet be a turning point.
However, on the flipside is that run-in. Just look at the clubs they've yet to play, and their game in hand is against Preston. Five matches are at home, but it is the hardest of the lot and you have to fear for them.

Did you know? QPR have lost only one of their last seven games at home.

SOUTHEND
Position: 21st
Record: P38; W9; D11; L18; F39; A58; Pts 38
Form: LLLDWW
Still to play: Leeds (h); Hull (a); Colchester (h); Preston (a); Barnsley (h); Plymouth (a); Luton (h); Southampton (a).

Beating Burnley on Tuesday was a big result for them as they climbed out of the relegation places, but it is the next game against Leeds that is the key match.
Win and they make it three victories in a row as well as opening up a six-point gap on Leeds, which can give them the confidence to go on and avoid relegation.
It is one of three games against fellow relegation candidates at home, Roots Hall is never an easy place to go and picking up wins at home is the target for Steve Tilson's squad.
I can see them pulling out of trouble and the thing I like about them is that they have got players who can turn games - Freddy Eastwood and Jamal Campbell-Ryce on the right-wing can do bits of individual magic.

Did you know? Southend were in the relegation zone from 30 September until 13 March.

BARNSLEY
Position: 20th
Record: P38; W12; D5; L21; F44; A65; Pts 41
Form: LWWLLW
Still to play: Coventry (a); Derby (h); Ipswich (a); Birmingham (h); Southend (a); Crystal Palace (h); Leicester (h); West Brom (a).

They came from behind to beat Plymouth which is a big thing as they don't draw too many - only five all season - so they either get beat or win which is strange, and can be dangerous.
When you're a team that doesn't draw the mentality can be 'we've conceded and it looks like we're going to lose another game', but if you keep going to the end you can nick points here and there that can be vital.
They have a number of games against teams in mid-table, but managers and boards will be demanding a strong finish and there are no gimmes in the Championship.
They've done well until now, those new Hungarian players look fresh and eager and they've got to believe they can stay up, but if they finish in the bottom three nobody would be surprised.

Did you know? The win at Plymouth was the first time since November they have picked up three points having conceded a goal.

HULL
Position: 19th
Record: P38; W11; D8; L19; F41; A56; Pts 41
Form: LWLLWW
Still to play: Sunderland (a); Southend (h); Norwich (h); Wolves (a), Colchester (h); Stoke (a); Cardiff (a); Plymouth (h).

Manager Phil Brown has steadied the ship after a poor start.
Back-to-back wins will have done their confidence the world of good, especially picking up three points at Luton as away form has been their Achilles heel this season.
Matches at this stage of the season are readily called 'must-win' games, but they are nothing of the sort for the likes of Ray Parlour.
For him, a European final or an FA Cup final is a 'must-win' game - he has been there, seen it and done it and his experience, along with the likes of Dean Windass and Nick Barmby, will be vital in keeping their run of form going.

Did you know? This is the highest Hull have been in the table all season. All the other six clubs in the mire have at least enjoyed a more exalted status in the division at sometime or other during the campaign.

BURNLEY  
Position: 18th
Record: P36; W10; D11; L15; F36; A39; Pts 41
Form: DLLDDL
Still to play: Preston (a); Luton (h); Plymouth (h); Birmingham (a); Cardiff (h); Leeds (a); Norwich (h); West Brom (h), Sunderland (a); Coventry (h).

Steve Cotterill has obviously got a board of directors who think he's the man for the job. I went eight games without a win and got the sack this season, but he's on 17 and counting!
With the standard of players they've got it is surprising they are down there and it just goes to show that results dictate confidence, and if the confidence is not there runs like this can happen to anybody.
The one thing you can say is that they are due a win, and with Andy Gray now fit alongside Ade Akinbiyi you'd expect the goals to come to boost that goals for column.
A bit of luck somewhere could earn three points which will immediately lift the mood, and if they win their two games in hand they will be flying up the table.

Did you know? Burnley, who were top after the first day of the season, have scored just eight goals in those 17 games they have failed to win.

Kilde: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/6446811.stm
« Siste redigering: Mars 15, 2007, 16:13:44 av kjelvi »

baste

« Svar #62 på: Mars 15, 2007, 17:01:36 »
Trur Leeds tar 11 poeng til...Og da kan det holde...Bonus og viktige poeng i helga..og vi klarer oss.
Vinner mot Burnley- Plymouth og Ipswich ..
avgjort mot Colchester og Preston...

35 + 11 = 46p.... det holder med ett nødskrik...[:(!]
« Siste redigering: Mars 15, 2007, 17:10:42 av baste »

kjelvi

« Svar #63 på: Mars 15, 2007, 17:33:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by baste

Trur Leeds tar 11 poeng til...Og da kan det holde...Bonus og viktige poeng i helga..og vi klarer oss.
Vinner mot Burnley- Plymouth og Ipswich ..
avgjort mot Colchester og Preston...
35 + 11 = 46p.... det holder med ett nødskrik...[:(!]

But former Coventry boss Micky Adams believes the survival mark will be much nearer the division's traditional benchmark of 52 points.

Tror kanskje at fasitten ligger midt i mellom 46 <--> 52.

Trygve

• Gjest
« Svar #64 på: Mars 15, 2007, 19:10:05 »
Går ned med 46, tror det magiske tallet er 48. Og med 48 så blir vi i divisjonen.
De 2 siste sesongene lag nr.22 endt på 42 (crewe-05/06) og 50 (Gillingham-04/05 gikk ned på målforskjell).

jarle

« Svar #65 på: Mars 15, 2007, 19:32:37 »
VI TAR 15 POENG INN... DET HOLDER....

VI ER PÃ… GANG.. LITT FLAKS NÃ… SÃ… ER VI DER...

VI KAN IKKE VÆRE RÆVA EN HEL SESSONG...

1 MND MED GOD FORM HAR ALLE LAG??? DEN TRENGER VI NÃ…!!!

Mats-

• Gjest
« Svar #66 på: Mars 15, 2007, 19:59:37 »
Well, it's all purely speculations here.

First off all I agree with most of you when it comes too Luton, I think they are gone. Their form is: WLLLLL. And with Newell out in the media making a fool out of himself, he looks worse than Wise. So, yeah, definitely, Luton will go down.

Then it's QPR, they too have a run of poor form:WLLLLL. And they have to play teams like Leicester away, Brom at home, Preston, Sunderland, Wolves. So, if they aren't putting up their form in the next couple of games. They're "toast".

Southend. Whats there to say? Form:LLLDWW. But keep in mind that they have taken on teams like Birmingham and went victorious home to Roots Hall. Still to play: Leeds (h); Hull (a); Colchester (h); Preston (a); Barnsley (h); Plymouth (a); Luton (h); Southampton (a). The game against Leeds would seal their fate. The great thing would have been that they have a form "lump" where they loose to us. But picking up their steam against Luton, Hull and Barnsley. I think that their terrific form is over, and it's back to win every second game or so.

Hull might be safe with just a couple of wins. They look strong and do not have the "worst" opponents. Form:LWLLWW

Burnely. Well, they're in a poor run. "Our" or Leeds game against them is crucial. We need to get a three pointer and close that gap. Still to play: Preston (a); Luton (h); Plymouth (h); Birmingham (a); Cardiff (h); Leeds (a); Norwich (h); West Brom (h), Sunderland (a); Coventry (h).

In the end I believe it's a fight between Luton, Leeds, Southend and Barnsley. As I believe that Hull will come out of the marsh. There is a possibility that Brunley could be a candidate for the infamous lower three teams, but they need to keep their awful form where it is.

For Leeds, we know what we have to do, Southend, Plymouth and Brunley must be defeated. Those nine points there are crucial, at the same time we need to pick points of Preston and Ipswich. My calculation is that 46 points is the absolute minimum of points we need, if we only get 46 we are in need of "assistance" form some other teams.

Mickey Adams believed that the 52 point line is the "life saver". So the conclusion is that between 46 and 52 is the points we need. I calculated that if we get 48 points we're up, unless all other results, and I mean all results go against us.

Still it's up to us. Let's win on Saturday and keep it that way, hate relying on others.

Until then " We all love Leeds,We all love Leeds,We all love Leeds,We all love Leeds"

RoarG

« Svar #67 på: Mars 16, 2007, 01:23:54 »
Leeds får støtte fra toppen! I flg. denne tråden har Tony Blair vært på besøk i Leeds hvor han utrykker ønske om at Leeds greier seg i CCC. http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,982_1985471,00.html
Beboeren av Downing St. 10 er som kjent fotballinteressert (Newcastlefan), og på et besøk i byen utrykte han beundring for klubben (bra) og Wise (???), og mente at Leeds snart var tilbake til gamle høyder. Snilt sagt Tony, men det luktet litt vel mye stemmesanking av uttalelsen?

Change is the constant that cannot be changed.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Per-Stian

« Svar #68 på: Mars 16, 2007, 02:40:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by RoarG

Leeds får støtte fra toppen! I flg. denne tråden har Tony Blair vært på besøk i Leeds hvor han utrykker ønske om at Leeds greier seg i CCC. http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,982_1985471,00.html
Beboeren av Downing St. 10 er som kjent fotballinteressert (Newcastlefan), og på et besøk i byen utrykte han beundring for klubben (bra) og Wise (???), og mente at Leeds snart var tilbake til gamle høyder. Snilt sagt Tony, men det luktet litt vel mye stemmesanking av uttalelsen?

Smisking! Verkar jo nesten ironisk, på grensa til sarkastisk, når han seier at vi snart er tilbake til "gamle høgder". Dét, eller så har han ikkje peiling på fotball!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #69 på: Mars 16, 2007, 03:47:38 »
Syns det er bedre at han sier det enn at han forholder seg taus. Men det lukter nok litt Torbjørn Jagland av dette.

Men han skal ha for forsøket, og hva vet jeg, det kan jo være han oppriktig mener det...

But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles

B.Dylan
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Trygve

• Gjest
« Svar #70 på: Mars 16, 2007, 12:50:45 »
Hva skal han si ? Han var jo på besøk i leeds !! Forpliktet !

kjelvi

« Svar #71 på: Mars 16, 2007, 14:06:39 »
politikk er politikk.
ikke'no å lage noe fuzz rundt.

puddelen skal gå av i vår likevel...

« Siste redigering: Mars 16, 2007, 14:09:08 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #72 på: Mars 16, 2007, 20:19:24 »
Fra SkySport: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=454733&CPID=10&clid=37&lid=2&title=Championship+weekend+preview&channel=football_home&

Utvalgte kamper:

Southend United v Leeds United - (Home 5/4 Draw 9/4 Away 7/4)
Southend are without Alan McCormack for the next two games due to suspension as Steve Tilson looks for an important win.
Richie Foran is likely to take his place, with Adam Barrett the only injury concern as he is out for another fortnight with a groin problem.
Leeds continue to have a lengthy injury list as they look to avoid relegation, with Shaun Derry, Ian Westlake, Graham Stack and Gary Kelly out.
Jemal Johnson and Hayden Foxe are unable to play after being knocked out in the past week, but Rui Marques and Robbie Elliott are fit.
Alan Thompson, Eddie Lewis and Armando Sa are unlikely to figure, but Tore Andre Flo is close to a return.
* Skysports.com prediction: 1-0

Preston North End v Burnley - (Home 4/6 Draw 11/5 Away 4/1)
Paul Simpson is hoping his side can make it four home wins in a row, but he does have some injury concerns.
Paul McKenna is 'touch and go' with a hernia problem, while striker Michael Ricketts is nursing a calf complaint.
Pavel Pergl and Kelvin Wilson could figure in the side, but Simon Whaley and Lewis Neal are still missing.
Burnley have not won in 16 Championship matches and have been sucked into a battle to avoid relegation.
Steve Cotterill has doubts over a trio of defenders with Steve Foster (Achilles), John McGreal (groin) and Michael Duff (knee) all struggling.
Alan Mahon is also doubtful with a hamstring problem, while Wayne Thomas is at least a couple of weeks away from a return.
* Skysports.com prediction: 2-0

Coventry City v Barnsley - (Home 4/5 Draw 12/5 Away 4/1)
Iain Dowie will hope to preserve his unbeaten start as manager and has mixed news on the injury front in attack.
Leon McKenzie is hopeful of playing after a thigh injury, but Kevin Kyle is out with a hip problem.
Michael Mifsud will start for Coventry, but it is uncertain whether Khalilou Fadiga will feature after his mother died in midweek.
Barnsley could name an unchanged team from the one which recorded an impressive 4-2 win at Plymouth Argyle in midweek.
Martin Devaney plays before serving a two-match ban, but Dwayne Mattis is absent with an ankle injury.
* Skysports.com prediction: 3-1

Leicester City v Queens Park Rangers - (Home 5/6 Draw 9/4 Away 11/4)
Matty Fryatt could come under consideration for Leicester after returning to training following a foot injury.
Paddy McCarthy (shoulder) and Rab Douglas (knee) are missing from a Foxes team who have lost just once in eight matches.
In contrast, QPR have failed to win in their last six and remain without midfielder Marc Bircham due to a back injury.
Dexter Blackstock and Martin Rowlands are rated 50/50 and boss John Gregory is wary about risking the duo.
* Skysports.com prediction: 2-1

Luton Town v Ipswich Town - (Home 11/8 Draw 11/5 Away 13/8)
Brian Stein takes caretaker charge of Luton after Mike Newell was sacked on Thursday following a run of five consecutive defeats.
Bjorn Runstrom, Warren Feeney and Dean Morgan could all be recalled to the side as The Hatters desperately seek a win, while Austrian striker Besian Idrizaj could make his debut after joining on loan from Liverpool.
Goalkeeper Marlon Beresford is doubtful with a head injury, so Dean Brill stands by, while Ahmet Brkovic (ankle) and Paul Underwood (illness) are out.
Ipswich welcome Irish striker Alan Lee back into the team after suspension, although Darren Currie has been loaned out to Derby.
Gavin Williams may return, but Richard Naylor is unlikely to figure, while Matt Richards and Dan Harding will have tests on ankle injuries.
* Skysports.com prediction: 1-2

« Siste redigering: Mars 16, 2007, 20:20:37 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #73 på: Mars 17, 2007, 00:26:26 »
Gregory confident of Great Escape
QPR boss John Gregory is confident his side can get themselves out of the relegation mire at the bottom of the Championship table.
Gregory's side are currently third from bottom, a point adrift of safety with nine games to play, and the ex-Aston Villa manager is expecting a tense couple of months in the run-in.
He told the club's official website: "We've relied on other teams far too often in the last few weeks.
"It's important we don't have to do so anymore by getting the job done ourselves.
"It's still nip and tuck at the bottom. I'm convinced there are still plenty of twists and turns left between now and the end of the season."

kjelvi

« Svar #74 på: Mars 17, 2007, 00:42:07 »
Hull bring in Liverpool youngster
Hull City have swooped to sign Liverpool youngster Lee Peltier on loan until the end of the season.
Storyen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hull_city/6458181.stm

Luton sign Liverpool teen Idrizaj
Managerless Luton have signed Liverpool reserve striker Besian Idrizaj on loan until the end of the season.
Storyen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/6460137.stm

kjelvi

« Svar #75 på: Mars 17, 2007, 16:15:38 »
The Times' analyse for kick off

(utvalgte kamper)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/championship/article1528058.ece

Coventry City v Barnsley 3pm
Leon McKenzie should return from a thigh injury for Coventry, but Kevin Kyle (hip), Khalilou Fadiga (family bereavement) and Don Hutchison (ankle) are out. Barnsley are expected to name an unchanged team for the third successive match.
* Fink Tank Home win 52% Away win 23% Draw 25%

Leicester City v Queens Park Rangers 3pm
Matt Fryatt could return for Leicester after an ankle problem, but Patrick McCarthy (shoulder) and Robert Douglas (knee) are sidelined. Dexter Blackstock (hamstring) and Martin Rowlands (hamstring) will face late fitness tests for QPR.
* Fink Tank Home win 54% Away win 22% Draw 24%

Luton Town v Ipswich Town 3pm
Brian Stein, the Luton caretaker-manager, is expected to ring the changes but will wait to see if Marlon Beresford, the goalkeeper, recovers from a head injury. For Ipswich, Matt Richards and Dan Harding have ankle injuries and may not be fit to start.
* Fink Tank Home win 32% Away win 43% Draw 24%

Preston North End v Burnley 1pm
Paul McKenna is in contention for a first-team return for Preston after groin surgery. Michael Ricketts is doubtful with a calf problem. Andy Gray will play for Burnley despite a foot problem, but Stephen Foster, John McGreal and Michael Duff are doubts.
* Fink Tank Home win 46% Away win 27% Draw 27%

Southend United v Leeds United 3pm
Alan McCormack is suspended for Southend and Adam Barrett is absent because of a hernia. Leeds will give late fitness tests to Alan Thompson, Eddie Lewis and Armando Sa, but Jemal Johnson (head) is ruled out.
* Fink Tank Home win 48% Away win 27% Draw 25%

Sunderland v Hull City 3pm
Jonny Evans, the Sunderland defender, is a doubt because of concussion while Tobias Hysen has an ankle injury. Marton Fulop is ruled out because of a groin strain. For Hull, Michael Bridges is suspended, but Lee Peltier has joined on loan from Liverpool.
* Fink Tank Home win 66% Away win 14% Draw 21%
« Siste redigering: Mars 17, 2007, 16:17:04 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #76 på: Mars 20, 2007, 19:38:47 »
Leeds United star: relegation scrap has long way to

ichard Cresswell believes the battle to stay up will go down to the final game of the season

"We have to push on," said the striker in the wake of Saturday's draw at Southend United.
"We've gone three games unbeaten and we can take confidence from that.
"We've got a massive game against my old team Preston in a couple of weeks but I'm sure it will all go down to the last day of the season."

baste

« Svar #77 på: Mars 21, 2007, 00:47:57 »
Creswell og Healy scorer mål..men er det for seint? Trur ennå vi kan klare oss. Er jo mye bedre defansivt nå enn hva vi har vært...

RoarG

« Svar #78 på: Mars 21, 2007, 20:56:42 »
Ser at denne tråden har vært død i to dager nå. Er redd for at det betyr: ALT HÃ…P ER IKKE UTE![}:)]

"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Per-Stian

« Svar #79 på: Mars 22, 2007, 00:47:39 »
Thai Boxing legend Mr Yut is hoping to become a lucky charm for Leeds United.

Alt håp er visst ikkje ute. No har klubben snudd alle steinar og forsøkt seg på ein ny vri, nemleg thaiboksing[:D]

Mr Yut was a guest at Thorp Arch two weeks ago and, since his visit, the team have embarked on a season's best three-game unbeaten run.

Mr Yut, who was accompanied by lifelong United fan Mick Tobin, met some of the players and was given a tour of the facilities on offer.

One of the first people Mr Yut bumped into was Dennis Wise and he was quick to offer the boss "Chok Dee", which is Thai for good luck. He also met Armando Sa and Tore Andre Flo.

Mr Yut, who coaches the Thai World Champion in his homeland, is staying in Leeds for an extended spell and will be passing on his knowledge and wisdom at Mick's gym in Armley. The gym was opened last August by our former skipper Paul Butler, David Healy, and Ian Moore, and is a popular haunt among United fans.

Of the visit, Mick said: "Both Mr Yut and I enjoyed visiting Thorp Arch. The atmosphere up there was terrific - there's a really good spirit - and hopefully everyone will get behind Dennis and the lads over the next few weeks and we'll get out of this! Mr Yut certainly hopes he has brought has luck to the club."

« Siste redigering: Mars 22, 2007, 00:47:57 av Per-Stian »

Lids

« Svar #80 på: Mars 22, 2007, 00:58:04 »
Supert!

Thomas
Thomas

kjelvi

« Svar #81 på: Mars 23, 2007, 14:41:24 »
Mye tyder på at Crainey's dager på Elland Road er over.
Tror ikke mange gråter noen tårer for det!

"I talked to Crainey at a reserves game about a month ago now - he was just about fit then. Shrugged his shoulders when asked if he'd be back in the first team and gave me a resigned look. I think the simple answer is that D&G regard him as 3rd choice at least as LB - now 4th? There was a rumour the other day of him going to Forest on loan.
Andy C"

berlin

« Svar #82 på: Mars 23, 2007, 16:08:58 »
Leeds Utd Mad er et nettsted som mange kjenner til, som er relativt tregt. Men det har en relativt frittalende redaktør, Kevin Markey, som iblant skriver kritsike små innlegg ( med velkjent britisk ironi/sarkasme ).
Nedenforstående link er til Hull City Mad, hvor de har intervjua Kevin Markey vedrørende nedrykk eller ikke. Han tipper at Barnsley, Burnley og Luton rykker ned. Litt overraskende fratar han nærmest Wise skyld for dagens situasjon, det er det ikke mange hverken på luscos.com eller engelske nettsteder som gjør.

http://www.hullcity-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDZ6&id=330680
« Siste redigering: Mars 24, 2007, 00:14:04 av berlin »

kjelvi

kjelvi

« Svar #84 på: Mars 23, 2007, 21:23:17 »
Bråk i Barnsley!
Ikke all verden til oppladning til innspurten.
--

BARNSLEY LAUNCH PROBE
Barnsley have launched an investigation after the arrest of three players in connection with a racist attack on a taxi driver.
A Sheffield-based taxi driver has claimed he was the victim of a racially-motivated assault by two players, while a third player racially abused him at the end of a night out earlier this month.
All three unnamed players allegedly fled the taxi without paying.
Barnsley chairman Gordon Shepherd said: "We are making no comment, but will conduct an internal investigation."
Shepherd confirmed the club had not yet taken any disciplinary action against any of the players.
A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Police have arrested a 25-year-old man and two 24-year-old men in connection with an incident in a taxi travelling along Penistone Road in Sheffield on Wednesday March 7.
"The 25-year-old man and one of the 24-year-old men were arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated assault and making off without payment.
"The remaining 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated public order and making off without payment."
Police confirmed all three players had been released on bail pending further inquiries.
A Barnsley FC spokesman added: "No players have been charged, no players have been disciplined and the club is not commenting further on this matter."

Kilde: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8669_2012333,00.html

baste

« Svar #85 på: Mars 24, 2007, 00:35:26 »
Håpa Barnsley går helt opp i liminga...og Qpr, m.fl..Og at Leeds fortsetter den gode trenden, dog med seier og ikke U hjemme...

kjelvi

« Svar #86 på: Mars 24, 2007, 00:51:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by kjelvi

Bråk i Barnsley!
Ikke all verden til oppladning til innspurten.
--
BARNSLEY LAUNCH PROBE
Barnsley have launched an investigation after the arrest of three players in connection with a racist attack on a taxi driver.

The Barnsley 3:

Brian Howard
(http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ProfilesDetail/0,,10309~24265,00.html)

Marc Richards
(http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ProfilesDetail/0,,10309~11180,00.html)

Paul Reid
(http://www.barnsleyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ProfilesDetail/0,,10309~18670,00.html)

Alle tre spiller fast!

Saken diskuteres selvsagt heftig på Barnsley-fansens uoff. forum: http://www.barnsleyfc.org.uk/bbs/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1

« Siste redigering: Mars 24, 2007, 00:54:03 av kjelvi »

berlin

« Svar #87 på: Mars 24, 2007, 01:24:13 »
Jo, jo, men det er tross alt småtterier ift bowyer/woodgate-saken.
Tror ikke de påvirkes av det, men barnsley blir man ikke klok på, det taper ofte stort når de taper , emn slår plutselig til og vinner en kamp nå og da.

De har jo et forsprang på oss pr. idag, men jeg kan ikke se at de kommer til å vinne 4-5 kamper med det programmet de har igjen. Men de er jo på 50 poeng med 3 seire, så...... Deres neste hjemmekamper er mot Derby og Birmingham + borte mot Ipswich i mellom, tap eller uavgjort i disse, og vi kan fort være veldig nærme de. Det må da bli minst 4-5 poeng mot Preston, Plymouth og Colcehster, mens med 6-7 poeng hadde vi vært godt i rute mot 50p ( hvis det holder da )

venadis

« Svar #88 på: Mars 24, 2007, 03:06:52 »
Eg har tippa det lenge, Luton, Barnsley og Burnley rykker ned. Me klarer oss garantert og med det laget me nå kan stilla på banen er ikkje trua blitt mindre[;)] Neste år blir det ikkje play off, men direkte opprykk til PL[8D]

berlin

« Svar #89 på: Mars 24, 2007, 03:22:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by venadis

Eg har tippa det lenge, Luton, Barnsley og Burnley rykker ned. Me klarer oss garantert og med det laget me nå kan stilla på banen er ikkje trua blitt mindre[;)] Neste år blir det ikkje play off, men direkte opprykk til PL[8D]

Det var da svært til optimisme da. [:)]
Da er du enig med Leeds utd Mad redaktøren mhp hvem som rykker ned.