Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Yeovil Town 6/10  (Lest 38786 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

KAMP: vs. Yeovil Town 6/10
« på: Oktober 03, 2007, 03:57:23 »
Neste kamp er hjemme mot Yeovil Town  lørdag 6/10, kl. 16.

Leeds United versus Yeovil Town

Leeds United have never played Yeovil Town.

--------

Yeovil Town: Leeds Players
This is a list of players who have played for Yeovil Town who have also played for Leeds.

Leeds ** Yeovil Town
Player From To ** From To Apps Goals
Jack Hargreaves 01/08/1934 01/08/1945 ** 01/06/1948      
Cliff Marsh 01/09/1948 01/05/1949 ** 01/06/1952      
John Finlay 01/06/1951 01/06/1952 ** 01/06/1952 01/08/1953    

Jason Blunt 01/01/1995 02/07/1998 ** 07/02/2003 14/02/2003 1-0

Lee Matthews 15/02/1996 19/03/2001 ** 18/03/2004 09/05/2004 4-0

Kilde: Leedsfans.org.uk
« Siste redigering: Oktober 06, 2007, 07:16:37 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

Re: KAMP: vs. Yeovil Town 6/10
« Svar #1 på: Oktober 03, 2007, 04:40:25 »
Kamp 2/10:

Full Time - FL1 Yeovil 0 Luton 0

TEAM:
31. Romain Larrieu, 12. Matty Rose, 5. Scott Guyett, 6. Terrell Forbes, 3. Nathan Jones, 14. Paul Warne, 8. Anthony Barry, 27. Lee Peltier, 17. Simon Gillett, 9. Lloyd Owusu, 10. Marcus Stewart.    

- SUBS: 2. Mark Lynch, 16. Ritchie Jones, 18. Darryl Knights, 19. Craig Alcock, 30. Wilfried Domoraud.  

« Siste redigering: Oktober 03, 2007, 05:04:13 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #2 på: Oktober 03, 2007, 15:56:20 »
Honours even in bore draw
Luton picked up their first away point of the season at the fifth attempt at Huish Park as they played out a goalless draw at Yeovil.
They owed much to their goalkeeper Ben Alnwick, who made two great saves in the closing stages as Yeovil took control.
A dull first-half failed to produce a shot on goal from either side with Yeovil's injury-ravaged team again struggling to reproduce the form that took them to the play-offs last season.
Luton were also struggling with top scorer Paul Furlong suspended and Yeovil burst into life late in the game with Anthony Barry having a 25-yarder well saved by Alnwick and the keeper then went full length to turn Lee Peltier's shot around a post.
The Hatters came close six minutes from time when David Edwards blazed his shot over from a good position.

TeamTalk

kjelvi

« Svar #3 på: Oktober 04, 2007, 05:05:35 »
Leeds United clockwatch:

Wednesday 3 October
5.11pm - The South Stand at Elland Road has sold out for this weekend's Yeovil fixture together with the North East and North West corners.

kjelvi

« Svar #4 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 17:15:50 »
Yeovil are warned after FA charge  
Yeovil Town have been warned as to their future conduct by the Football Association, following a League One match against Tranmere last month.
The game, on 1 September, finished in a 1-1 draw after Rovers winger Steve Davies scored a last-minute equaliser.
The Glovers had admitted a breach of FA rule E20(a) - failing to ensure their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
But despite the warning, the Somerset club have avoided a fine.

BBC

kjelvi

« Svar #5 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 17:26:21 »
SLADE WARNS YEOVIL OF THOMPSON DANGER
Yeovil Town boss Russell Slade believes his side will face the best set-piece taker in League One at Leeds United tomorrow.
The Glovers chief picked out the left foot of former Bolton, Aston Villa and Celtic midfielder Alan Thompson, now 33, as Leeds' main threat.
"With the amount of late goals they have scored this season, they have proved they just keep going at you and you can't switch off," said Slade. "In Thompson they have got someone who is not particularly mobile but has to have, in my opinion, the best delivery in the league.
"So if there is a free-kick or a corner in the last minutes then it could be fatal."
Yeovil's injury list has worsened ahead of the trip to Elland Road.
Striker Darryl Knights is out with a shoulder injury suffered in the 11-0 Somerset Cup thrashing of Backwell United on Wednesday night, while right-back Lee Peltier was on crutches yesterday to take the weight off an ankle problem.
Peltier may still be fit for tomorrow's game but Slade can name eight definite absentees - Knights, Marc Bircham, Terry Skiverton, Justin Cochrane, Steve Mildenhall, Gary Dempsey, Marvin Williams, who has just had ankle surgery, and Lee Morris, who limped out of training yesterday.
Forwards Jerahl Hughes and Wilfried Domoraud are both slight doubts, so defender Curtis Ujah could be on the bench.
Former Grimsby striker Michael Reddy and midfielder Dempsey trained yesterday and may play for the reserves when Bristol City visit Huish Park on Wednesday.
On Reddy, Slade said: "It was his first day of training in a year and we will have to see how that settles now.
"He will need a good few weeks of that but I am hoping while he does that we can get him some football in the reserves."

thisissomerset.co.uk

baste

« Svar #6 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 17:31:16 »
Satser på 32000 tilskuere og 2-0 seier...Blir nok tøft, men gutta er jo i en sykt bra form. Står på i 90+ min..det er jo bare sykt bra

kjelvi

« Svar #7 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 17:32:23 »
(...) Flo is one of three players unavailable for tomorrow's League One clash with Yeovil Town at Elland Road.
Leon Constantine and Shaun Derry are long-term absentees, but Wise has not been able to call on either players this season and he will pick from a familiar squad this weekend.
Kandol and Beckford are returning from one-match bans, meaning De Vries and Andrews are likely to drop out of United's starting line-up after their debuts at Oldham on Tuesday, but Wise's two changes up front may be the full extent of his alterations.
Wise said: "I think you'll find that the team might change in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy but in the league you maybe change one, or two max."
United (from): Ankergren, Richardson, Heath, Marques, Huntington, Hughes, Clapham, Parker, Prutton, Thompson, Douglas, Carole, Westlake, Howson, Weston, Beckford, Kandol, De Vries, Andrews, Ameobi, Lucas, Martin.

stian

« Svar #8 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 17:33:12 »
Vi har vel både Beckford og Kandol tilbake?

Der kom du meg akkurat i forkjøpet, Kjelvi!

She was half woman, half fish. Terrible in the kitchen, but a bloody good swimmer.
« Siste redigering: Oktober 05, 2007, 17:34:58 av stian »

kjelvi

« Svar #9 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 18:05:31 »
Peltier receives Slade praise
Yeovil manager Russell Slade has praised on-loan Liverpool youngster Lee Peltier ahead of the League One trip to Leeds.
The Glovers' injury crisis has meant Slade switching Peltier from his regular central midfield role to right back.
But the Yeovil boss insists he was more than adequate in his new position.
"Lee Peltier was magnificent (in the 0-0 draw with Luton)," he said. "It was the first time he has played at full back for us and he's only 20, but he was outstanding.
"He was impressive going forward and solid in defence

kjelvi

« Svar #10 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 18:13:53 »
Best is yet to come, insists Leeds boss
DENNIS WISE believes Leeds United have faced most of League One's best sides already this season but insists: I still want more.

The Elland Road club have enjoyed a scintillating start to the season with their only dropped points on the field in the opening nine games having come courtesy of a last-minute equaliser at Gillingham when down to nine men.
So impressive has been United's form that Wise was yesterday named the division's manager of the month for a second time this term.
The United manager has been pleased with his side's efforts, especially considering the calibre of opposition with the likes of Nottingham Forest, Tranmere, Luton, Hartlepool, Bristol Rovers and Southend already having been beaten.
However, he said: "So far, we have done okay but we need more. We do not settle for o'kay'. We need to catch the next group.
"I think we have seen the best teams so far. I am not knocking the others, I don't want a situation where they think 'sod it, let's go to Leeds and give it to them'. I am sure they will be thinking that anyway.
"But if I am being totally honest, of the teams we have played so far then six will be very close to the play-offs and maybe even winning the league.
"No disrespect to Gillingham, but apart from them every other team we have played has been tough. It makes our run encouraging."
Despite that, Wise added: "I would like to think we can offer a lot more.
"I expect more. What we have done at this present time is deal with everything. But I want more and so does Gus (Poyet, assistant) and the players."
United moved up to 14th in midweek courtesy of a 1-0 win at Oldham Athletic to sit four points off the play-offs and nine behind surprise leaders Leyton Orient.
It is an amazing achievement to be so high in the table just nine games into a season that started with the club being rock bottom on minus 15 points courtesy of the Football League.
Leeds chairman Ken Bates still hopes to overturn the penalty despite the Football Association deciding last week not to intervene, but Wise remains philosophical.
He said: "You always have a little bit of hope about getting it back. But that is not down to me. It is down to the authorities, Batesy and the rest.
"They will keep on trying but we are trying to get up the league. If we don't get it, we don't."
The points deduction may have hit United hard in terms of their league position this autumn but there is little doubt it had a galvanising effect on fans, players and management alike with a collective desire to stick two fingers up at the League burning bright at Elland Road.
Wise added: "It has probably helped us. It helped the fans realise that these players and the manager could have said 'sod you lot, we're going'.
"That was never going to happen in a million years but I think the fans understand that now. Before, they weren't quite sure.
"They know this group want to achieve something for the club because when the club was on the floor, who stuck around?"
Jermaine Beckford and Tresor Kandol are back in the squad to face Yeovil Town tomorrow after serving one-game bans following their red cards at Gillingham.
Wise was also sent to the stand at the Priestfield Stadium for alleged use of abusive language towards referee Danny McDermid.
The Leeds manager was charged over the incident earlier this week and does not seem to be confident about the outcome after twice going before the FA last season over bust-ups against Southend and West Brom.
He quipped: "It was quite funny at the last one because I won and still got fined. Work that one out.
"All I did was write the cheque and send it to them. I don't know whether it is worth turning up."

Yorkshire Post

kjelvi

« Svar #11 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 18:16:03 »
Wise: We've played the best so now for the rest

Dennis Wise will launch Leeds United into tomorrow's clash with Yeovil Town believing his players have already encountered the cream of League One's crop.
United are approaching the 10-game mark this weekend after two dramatic months, and Wise today admitted his side have established themselves as one of League One's leading sides after overcoming some of the strongest opposition the division has to offer.
Tuesday night's win at Oldham Athletic – secured by a 95th-minute goal from Ian Westlake – claimed the scalp of another major promotion contender, and tomorrow's meeting with Yeovil at Elland Road will bring United together with a side who reached the play-off final last season.
Yeovil are seventh in the table and have constructed a consistent away record during the early weeks of the season, but Wise collected League One's manager of the month award for September yesterday after watching his side extend their unbeaten record to nine games.
A ninth victory this weekend could leave Leeds a point short of a place in the top six, and Wise will send his players out with the reassuring insistence that they are capable of outclassing any team in the league.
United's boss said: "I think we've seen the best teams in there so far – the teams that we've played against.
"That's not knocking the others, and I don't want to do that because they'll start thinking 'let's give it to Leeds'. I'm sure they're thinking that anyway.
"But if I'm being totally honest, of the teams so far six or seven of them are going to be very close to the play-offs – and maybe winning the league as well.
"We knew it was going to be a tough start and we've played some difficult teams, but we've dealt with them. But football does kick you in the goolies, and last Saturday (at Gillingham) gave us a little reminder of what can happen.
"So far we've done okay, but we need more because we don't want to settle for okay."
United's 1-1 draw at Gillingham last weekend cost the club the only 100 per cent league record in the country, but Wise's players responded immediately with their priceless win at Oldham.
The victory was achieved without strikers Tresor Kandol and Jermaine Beckford, inset, but both players will return from one-match bans tomorrow and are likely to step straight into Wise's starting line-up.

Yorkshire Evening Post

kjelvi

« Svar #12 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 18:19:34 »
Peter Lorimer: Time to send a chilling message to all our rivals

THE Coca-Cola League One table is taking on an increasingly healthy look for Leeds United with each passing game and the next few weeks are all about targets.
Eight wins and a draw from nine games is a stunning start by any measure and it has enabled Leeds to make light of that swingeing 15-point Football League penalty.
The first target – that of getting into the plus points – has been readily achieved to the extent that Leeds now sit just four points away from the play-off places, six points from automatic promotion and nine points from the top.
Incredible.
Only an injury-time equaliser prevented the collection of maximum points on the road at Gillingham and Oldham and we now have the mouth-watering prospect of back-to-back home games against two sides above us in the league.
Yeovil, in seventh, and table-topping Leyton Orient provide the opposition and the target now is to both stop their ready collection of points and make inroads into those play-off places.
That will be a test. Yeovil made the play-offs last season with an eye-catching brand of football and are very handy on the road, while Orient have proved the surprise package of the third tier and are scoring plenty of goals.
To beat these two, then, would send out a chilling message to the rest of a league which must already be dreading Leeds being their next opponents.
The appeal of playing for Leeds was amply demonstrated earlier this week when two Coca-Cola Championship strikers took no persuading at all to join on Monday and go straight into the team on Tuesday.
It was a big ask for Wayne Andrews and Mark De Vries to make an instant impact as a new strikeforce at Oldham but I thought both did well and will certainly offer Dennis Wise plenty of options up front in their loan spells.
After the debacle at Gillingham in which both strikers were red-carded you wonder now what Dennis must be thinking about tomorrow's line-up.
Does he bring Tresor Kandol and Jermaine Beckford straight back in or does he teach one or both of them a lesson about self-discipline by leaving them out?
You never know with Dennis!
One thing's for sure – we'll find it very difficult to win games with nine men in the side and that cannot happen again.
I was a bit disappointed with the Oldham game as a spectacle but there are two points I would like to make.
First, the outstanding form of Rui Marques, a tower of strength at the back and somebody who is never afraid to throw his body on the line in the Leeds cause.
And secondly, the way Leeds keep going right to the very last whistle is a tribute to their appetite for battle and their tenacity.

YEP

berlin

« Svar #13 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 19:20:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by baste

Satser på 32000 tilskuere og 2-0 seier...Blir nok tøft, men gutta er jo i en sykt bra form. Står på i 90+ min..det er jo bare sykt bra

Yeovil er et gjerrig lag, scorer lite og slipper inn lite. Dessuten er de et meget godt bortelag, i år som i fjor.
Det ligger an til et jevnt oppgjør, men så godt vant som vi er nå, vil alt annet enn seier være en stor skuffelse.

Ser ut som det blir nok en match med rundt 30.000 tilskuere, men Upper East Stand forblir stengt. Tror heller ikke det er grunnlag for å åpne den. Det er ytterst gledelig at vi trekker flere tilskuere enn på mange år, men 40.000 kommer ikke for å se Leeds-kamp.

kjelvi

« Svar #14 på: Oktober 05, 2007, 21:26:09 »
LEEDS v YEOVIL

The Leeds' bandwagon continues to roll forward and Dennis Wise has landed his second consecutive manager of the month award.
The Elland Road club began the month with back-to-back home wins over Luton Town, Hartlepool United and Bristol Rovers were all beaten to leave Leeds with a record of seven straight wins this term.
A draw at Gillingham to finish off the month was seen as an acid test as both of their strike force – Tresor Kandol and Jermaine Beckford – were sent off. Nevertheless, they started October in the same vein and a last minute goal at Oldham gave them a 1-0 victory and lifted them to within four points of the play-offs.
When you consider they started the campaign with a 15-point deduction that is some achievement just ten games into the campaign. Assistant manager Gus Poyet was delighted with the team's response against Oldham.
Poyet said: "It wasn't the best game, but definitely it was the best time to score. It was a terrific finish for the winner, but we defended well throughout and worked very hard. That's the third time we have snatched a win right at the death and to finish strongly like that says a lot about the players' fitness. We all work together and everyone is buzzing, let's hope it stays like this all season."
Yeovil boss Russell Slade has called on supporters to be patient after the Glovers drew 0-0 with Luton last week and slipped out of the play-off zone.

VERDICT: Despite suspensions the Leeds promotion juggernaut continues to power on and they will record a one-goal win.

givemefootball.com

Roy

« Svar #15 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 01:09:43 »
Gleder meg sinnsykt nå. Den troppen vi mønstrer nå kan ingen måle seg med. Går for en 2-0 seier selv om Yeovil er ekstremt gjerrig.
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

kjelvi

« Svar #16 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 05:59:04 »
Leeds v Yeovil
(Home 4/7 Draw 12/5 Away 9/2)

Jermaine Beckford and Tresor Kandol return from suspension and are set to go straight into the Leeds starting line-up. Ian Westlake could also get the nod after volleying an injury-time winner at Oldham.
Injury-hit Yeovil could still be without skipper Terry Skiverton, who is suffering with a groin problem. Gary Dempsey, Justin Cochrane, Steve Mildenhall, Marvin Williams and Lee Morris are also out.

Skysports.com predictions: Leeds - Yeovil 2-1

SirOlsen

« Svar #17 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 12:46:31 »
Ã…hh, jeg gleder meg så sinnsykt til denne kampen! :D
Hver kampdag er like nerverpirrende.. skal vi få hale oss iland uslått denne gangen også?.. Og kanskje med 3 poeng godt sikret på Elland Road mot storlaget Yeovil? :D
-SirOlsen-

Svend Anders

« Svar #18 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 15:52:47 »
Klare for 9 seier på første 10, folkens?

http://www.svendanders.com/

Leeds04

« Svar #19 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 15:56:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Svend Anders

Klare for 9 seier på første 10, folkens?

Begynner vi å bli litt høye på pæra?
Skulle bare mangle! Vi tar tre nye poeng i dag.
Hvis du vil øke formuen din med 45 prosent er det bare å spille H hos Norsk tipping!

"Why settle for more, when you can settle for less"
« Siste redigering: Oktober 06, 2007, 15:58:26 av Leeds04 »
"Why settle for more, when you can settle for less"

Hallgeir *

« Svar #20 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 16:24:53 »
Som alle dere andre blir jeg skuffet hvis det ikke blir full pott i dag. Yeovil er vel ikke laget som påfører oss det første tapet? Wise har nå et hyggelig problem med å ta ut laget!
Super Leeds since 1968

Eriksen55

« Svar #21 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 16:53:37 »
Syntes Leeds har et bra lag nå, Wise begynner å få noen luxus problemer..

Høyrebacken er Frazer kanon god, bankers. Venstrebacken kjemper vel clapham og hughes(også midtbane) om..2 bra spillere. Stoggarne Rui,Heath og Huntington...alle gode og spiller vel ingen rolle hvem man velger.

Midtbanen er nå komplett, carole og Costa ta vel vær sin ving. Westlake, prutton,tompson,douglas,howson,weston,derry,hughes(venstreback) ...et realt luxusproblem..skal påstå at de fleste går rett inn i 11ern til alle lag i divisjonen, samt en del lag i divisjonen over. i tilegg har vi masse ungutter, men er nok vanskelig for dem å slå seg inn.

På topp med kandol og beckford tilbake..de vries er en bra spiller. Constantine har jeg ikke sett men rytene skal ha det til at han er bra. Elliot og Ameobi..flo og Andrews.. ikke lett å velge hvem som er backup for kandol og beckford.

Ankergren er ligaens desidert beste keeper.

Mitt lag er ihveretfall.

Ankergrenn.
Frazer,Rui,Huntington,Hughes

Carole, Prutton,Douglas, Da Costa

Kandol, Beckford

Subs:Martin,clapham,Heath,Thompson og De vries.

Litt synd for unggutta, spes Howson..men hadde han vært god nok så hadde nok spilt. Faktisk en del bra spillere som må vrakes. Håper ikke det blir noe problemer når/hvis alle er skadefrie!

Uansett, i dag blir det 29 992 tilskuere som ser at Leeds vinner 5-0!
Beckford med hatrick, da costa 1 og frazer scorer 1.

Ha en trivelig lørdag og lykke til:)

Ferre

« Svar #22 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 18:40:36 »
Tviler på at Da Costa får starte i dag, tror Wise starter med de samme som sist, bortsett fra spissene:

Ankergren

Frazer - Rui - Heath - Hughes

Prutton - Douglas - Thompson - Carole

Beckford - Kandol

Sub: Huntington, Clapham, De Vries, Da Costa, Westlake

-WE'LL BE BACK-

Lars E

« Svar #23 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 19:09:32 »
Idag skal vi ta tre poeng!! Beckford og Kandol har noe å revansjere.. vent å se!

We are SUPER LEEDS and we are going UP!!

Forever Leeds

Forever Leeds

Svend Anders

« Svar #24 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 20:29:35 »
Tror nok Ferre er ganske nær med sitt tips, skjønt jeg blir ikke overrasket om da Costa plutselig starter.

Forhåpentligvis vil ikke spissene ha blitt forstyrret over sin karantene og kan punktere kampen tidlig.

Det rapporteres ellers om trivelig stemning og optimisme i byen idag.

SA

Hallgeir *

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 20:36:37 »
Tror nok at Beckford og Kandol ønsker revansje fra kampen mot Gillingham. Det er viktig å stadig vise at man er "sulten" på nye scoringer. Har god tro på akkurat det i dag....scoringer.
Super Leeds since 1968

dexter90

« Svar #26 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 20:37:32 »
Blir en sikker 3 poenger idag, nå som Beckford og Kandol er tilbake på topp! Ingen i League One som kan måle seg med den troppen vi har, og spesielt ikke første 11eren=)

DaGa

« Svar #27 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 20:42:07 »
Skal jobbe fra kl 4 idag....

Kan noen være så snill og sende meg oppdateringer på sms?: 45 42 67 58

På forhånd takk!

We all LOVE LEEDS!
We all LOVE LEEDS!

jarle

« Svar #28 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 20:42:19 »
6 OKTOBER... THE DAY I WAS BORN!!!

Det må Leeds spillerne feire idag med en 4-1 seier...

Så kan dere tippe hvor gammel jeg er...

Hallgeir *

« Svar #29 på: Oktober 06, 2007, 20:44:41 »
Gratulerer, Jarle! Det blir seier!
Super Leeds since 1968