Skrevet av Emne: RYKTER: Spillere inn - spillere ut  (Lest 67706 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: RYKTER: Spillere inn - spillere ut
« Svar #30 på: Desember 13, 2007, 22:25:41 »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestine_Babayaro

Statto (ajour)

Anderlecht 1994-97  75-8
Chelsea  1997-2005  132-5
Newmoney  2005-07  47-0
Nigeria 1995-2004   26-0

kjelvi

« Svar #31 på: Desember 13, 2007, 22:48:19 »
Var tidligere i høst linket med Leeds.
Tydlelig uaktuell for oss nå....

SWINDON starlet Ben Tozer is at the centre of a bidding war between Portsmouth, Newcastle and Everton.
Left-back Tozer, 17, has made just two league appearances for the Robins but has a £1million release clause. (The Sun)

lojosang

« Svar #32 på: Desember 14, 2007, 11:23:56 »
Kjøpe en spiller som heter Tosser? Er de sprø som kjeks hele gjengen?  ;D
- Leif Olav

kjelvi

« Svar #33 på: Desember 14, 2007, 14:10:51 »
Dulwich could lose their midfield star Beveney to league football

Shawn Beveney could be set for a sensational switch to Yorkshire giants Leeds. The Dulwich midfielder has been in fine form since arriving at Champion Hill, scoring 20 goals in 40 matches. And Beveney, who captains Guyana, may be on the verge of sealing a dream move into the Football League. The 25-year-old has already had a trial with League Two outfit Hereford United. And he now claims that Leeds, chasing promotion from League One after a red-hot start to the campaign, are also showing interest.

Another two clubs are thought to be after the 25-year-old, so Hamlet boss Craig Edwards could face a battle to hold onto his services. Beveney has played 40 times for his country and captained the side at U23 and senior level 20 times. As well as palying at home, he has played professionally for North East Star in Trinidad.

Beveny said: " I always have faith in my ability and my form has been good this season. I have already had a trial at Hereford and so they are obviously interested in me. I'm going back there and once I've done that, I also have a trial at Leeds United. We will just have to see what happens. I have always believed that if I got the chance to play in England, I would do well. And by the grace ofGod, I will succeed." Beveney has played both in central midfield and on the right flank for Edwards after joining under previous manager Wayne Burnett last season. He first played for Hamlet's reserves when he was on holiday in England in 2005, after being introduced to Burnett by a firend, former Dulwich player Oliver Hunt, who is now at Tooting & Mitcham. "When I came here to live, I came to see Wayne again and he gave me the chance to prove myself," said Beveney.

"Hamlet are a great club with great facilities and the people here made me feel really comfortable. I have been doing the best I could for the team, and with my international experience, it seems to have been a help. I sometimes play on the right and sometimes up the middle. I certainly like to get forward and I have been shooting at goal a lot more this season, which is one reason why I've been scoring more goals. If things are not going well, Craig will switch our formation, with him sending me up front if he thinks that is best.

He can also change formation if the need arises. It is certainly working at the moment. Football depends a lot on team spirit as well, and winning has brought a good feeling to the camp. Everyone is helping each other out and that is the perfect scenario." Under Edwards' stewardship Hamlet have surged up the table in recent weeks. They might have lost 3-1 to AFC Wimbledon in the London Senior Cup on Tuesday night-but tomorrow's trip to Horsham YMCA is far more important, the Hamlet manager insists. "A few weeks ago we were in 18th and 15 points behind the leaders," he said. "Now we have a chance to be in amongst them. But the players have to approach the game like it is the most important one of the season-like it's a derby against Tooting-or we will drop points. I have tried to bring in more players who will add competition in most positions and that always helps. We have won our last three games without playing at our best. We are defensively solid-our back four have been magnificent, but it has been a big team effort. Last Saturday (in the 1-0 win over Ashford) we had a strong bench, which is always a good indication of a decent side. We are controlling games, but we need to start converting our possession into chances. If people are keen to learn, I I will have that all day long. Everyone needs to pull their weight and we will continue to do well."

http://www.dulwichhamletfc.co.uk/player-profile.php?ID=27

Flere som startet karrieren i Dulwich er:
Ian Wright
Marlon King
Alan Pardew

Omtale av guttungen: "This guy is extremely skillful and a good finisher but probably lack sufficient pace ..."

Fy faen - styggeste drakter jeg har sett!
« Siste redigering: Desember 14, 2007, 14:16:47 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #34 på: Desember 16, 2007, 13:46:45 »
Stockdale var linket med Leeds flere ganger sist sommer!

Newcastle are lining up a bid for Darlington keeper David Stockdale. (News of the World)

Newcastle linked with Leeds-born keeper
Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce is chasing Darlington stopper David Stockdale, according to Sunday's gossip columns. The 22-year-old Leeds-born keeper joined Darlington in 2006 and began his career at York City. (Sunderland Echo)
« Siste redigering: Desember 16, 2007, 14:09:30 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #35 på: Desember 16, 2007, 13:52:54 »
Hartson er linket med Leeds flere ganger - senest i september:

Sheffield Wednesday have been given the all-clear to make a move for John Hartson. (News of the World)

STRIKER John Hartson, 32, has been told he can leave West Brom in the January transfer window. Baggies boss Tony Mowbray said: “We won’t stand in John’s way if he can get fixed up.” (The Sun)
« Siste redigering: Desember 16, 2007, 13:58:55 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #36 på: Desember 16, 2007, 14:02:10 »
"Kav" tildigere linket med Leeds, men havnet hos Sheffielf U. på lån

Keane ready to cash in on Sunderland fringe players
Sunderland boss Roy Keane admits he could cash in on several players in January.
Of the players who could be allowed to go, leading the list will be Graham Kavanagh and David Connolly but others whose days look to be numbered on Wearside are veteran defender Stan Varga and loaned-out players Marton Fulop and Stephen Wright.

kjelvi

« Svar #37 på: Desember 18, 2007, 17:44:54 »
Sunderland boss Roy Keane admits he could cash in on several players in January.
Of the players who could be allowed to go, leading the list will be Graham Kavanagh and David Connolly but others whose days look to be numbered on Wearside are veteran defender Stan Varga and loaned-out players Marton Fulop and Stephen Wright.

Ian Holloway will fight Derby and Norwich in a £750,000 scrap for Sunderland midfielder Graham Kavanagh. (Daily Star)

Leicester will battle Derby, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday for the signing of Sunderland midfielder Graham Kavanagh next month. (Daily Express)

mari

« Svar #38 på: Desember 18, 2007, 19:17:53 »
Intervju på LUTV med Dave B idag

Douglas kan være ut i 1 - 4 måneder. Gir Howson sjangsen til å vise seg frem - og kanskje også Thompson comeback...

Klubben vurderer å forsterke på inntil 5 plasser i januar vinduet; midtstopper, venstreback, sentral midtbane, venstrekant og kanskje også en spiss...Hørtes ut som venstreback og venstrekant var prioritet 1...En blanding av lån og kjøp...

Jon R

« Svar #39 på: Desember 18, 2007, 21:03:26 »
Intervju på LUTV med Dave B idag

Douglas kan være ut i 1 - 4 måneder. Gir Howson sjangsen til å vise seg frem - og kanskje også Thompson comeback...

Klubben vurderer å forsterke på inntil 5 plasser i januar vinduet; midtstopper, venstreback, sentral midtbane, venstrekant og kanskje også en spiss...Hørtes ut som venstreback og venstrekant var prioritet 1.....

I så fall er han "på nett" med 90 % av forumdeltagerne her inne.  :D

Flott med Howson, men det burde vel også bety at unge Bayly( en spiller som i utgangspunktet er mer lik Douglas) kan få en sjanse eller to?  :)
Jon R.

kjelvi

« Svar #40 på: Desember 19, 2007, 17:04:32 »

SWINDON starlet Ben Tozer is at the centre of a bidding war between Portsmouth, Newcastle and Everton.
Left-back Tozer, 17, has made just two league appearances for the Robins but has a £1million release clause. (The Sun)
Newcastle are set to complete the signing of 17-year-old Swindon full-back Ben Tozer. (The Sun)

kjelvi

« Svar #41 på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:10:09 »

Leicester keen on Sunderland's Kavanagh
Leicester City boss Ian Holloway is interested in Sunderland midfielder Graham Kavanagh.
Kavanagh spent part of this season on-loan at Sheffield Wednesday and is expected to leave Sunderland during the January market.  (tribalfootball.com)

kjelvi

« Svar #42 på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:22:07 »
United players not for sale

Casper Ankergren

If the entrance to Elland Road will be left ajar throughout next month's transfer window, managers sniffing around Leeds United's squad can expect to find the exit bolted.
An influx of players to match the seven who joined United at this stage of last season seems improbable, and Dennis Wise's approach to the market will be more targeted than far-reaching. His policy on out-goings is equally simple - United's most influential players are not for sale.
A bid from Crystal Palace for Shaun Derry is increasingly likely after his loan at Selhurst Park which has coincided with a six-match unbeaten run, and Wise may be willing to trim his midfield unless the severity of Jonathan Douglas' knee injury dictates otherwise. Other approaches will be less welcome, though United will prepare for them nonetheless.
Interest in Jermaine Beckford has been driven by his 13 goals this season. Wise might also find that Casper Ankergren is catching attention across the country. Any club in need of a new goalkeeper cannot fail to be impressed by a man who has not lost a league fixture at home in almost 12 months with Leeds.
His unbeaten record at Elland Road has grown to 17 matches, and will increase once more if United take a positive result from Bristol Rovers' visit on Saturday. The sequence began with Leeds' 2-1 victory over Palace on February 10 and has reeled in 45 points from a possible 51. It is all the more impressive when the afflictions that troubled Leeds during the 2006-07 campaign are considered.
This season Ankergren has conceded 13 league goals, and of the goalkeeping fraternity in League One, only Nottingham Forest's Paul Smith has been more protective. Having worked so hard to recruit the Dane in August, United will cling tightly to him next month
Ankergren said: "It doesn't really matter what happens because I wouldn't leave for anywhere else. I'm very happy and I'll definitely be staying.
"The club wasn't in a good position last season but that didn't stop me from wanting to come back. All the way through the summer I had Leeds on my mind, and I'd have been distraught if I'd had to go somewhere else.
"It was always a dream of mine to play in England. Everybody says that but I like the style of football they play here and I like how passionate the fans in England are. It was tough at first but something good is happening here now.
"At this age, I felt it was very important for me to try something different - to challenge myself by going somewhere outside of Denmark. For seven years I played there and it was a good time for a change last season, and a good time for me to take on the challenge.
"In the summer I knew I wanted to come back to Leeds, and I'm really happy here. I definitely hope I'll stay here for a long time - I never planned to come here for a short while."
The 28-year-old was Wise first signing of the summer, and the date of his arrival - August 6 - is a vivid example of how late and urgently the present squad at Elland Road was drawn together.
United had brought Ankergren to England on loan from Brondby in January, and had negotiated a deal to sign him permanently at the end of last season. As a result of administration, Leeds took until a week before the start of this term to confirm his arrival on a three-year deal, for an undisclosed fee.
Ankergren said: "It was a long wait and I'd have been very disappointed if it hadn't happened. I knew I wanted to sign for Leeds but I talked with some other clubs because I couldn't be sure what my position was going to be.
"Leeds wanted me but they weren't able to offer me a contract until right before the start of the season. I'd already decided that I wanted to leave Brondby and I needed to make sure that I had other options if the transfer to Leeds didn't come off. But I always thought of Leeds - I just hoped that eventually we'd do the deal that everyone wanted."
From Wise's perspective, the transfer was worth the wait. Ankergren has installed himself convincingly as United's first-choice keeper, fending off the competition presented by the experienced David Lucas, and Leeds' defensive record is no less impressive than their attacking prowess.
Ankergren's excellent performance underpinned United's 1-1 draw at Walsall last weekend, and Wise said: "That'swhat he's there for.
"He's done very well this year and I'm pleased I brought him in. He's very much my goalkeeper and every time I've needed him he's been there."
United's stalemate at the Bescot Stadium derailed Wise's plan to reach the top of League One by the turn of the year, and United trail leaders Swansea City by four points having played a game more. Their meeting in South Wales on December 29 has taken on a crucial complexion.
But Ankergren insisted a 1-1 draw at Walsall was a valuable result, saying: "Not a lot of teams will go there and win so we can't be too hard on ourselves. A draw away from home is okay I feel.
"We could have lost 1-0, and I think they can be the most important games. If you can turn as many of those games as possible into draws, it helps at the end of the season. The division is very close and one point might make a big difference."

YEP

Sheridan

« Svar #43 på: Desember 19, 2007, 19:27:57 »
United players not for sale

Tør vi tro på dette da?
Hva om der kommer ett superbud (noe jeg frykter)
på Beckford?  ::)

kjelvi

« Svar #44 på: Desember 20, 2007, 10:39:15 »
Rykter....
(Ta det som det er...)

Rich B (Leeds United fan) says...
My Dads friend is mates with Eddie Gray and he says that Leeds are due to hijack a proposed move to barnsley for Diego Leon the 23 year old will move to elland road instead.
Izale Mcleod out of favour at Charlton is set to move up north to leeds.
Rob Jones the hibs captain is also a target for wise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Le%C3%B3n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izale_McLeod

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Jones_(footballer_born_1979)

auren

« Svar #45 på: Desember 20, 2007, 12:56:20 »
Leon er jo akkurat blitt Barnsleyspiller og ryktene må være vås og fanteri:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1812_2994391,00.html

Tviler på at Rob Jones kommer. McLeod vet jeg fint lite om...

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

kjelvi

« Svar #46 på: Desember 20, 2007, 13:06:14 »
IRON WERE IN FOR LEEDS STRIKE PAIR

The two Leeds United strikers taking League One by storm nearly joined Scunthorpe in the summer.
Manager Nigel Adkins has revealed he was trying not only to bring back Jermaine Beckford from Elland Road - but was also after his front partner Tresor Kandol."We were so close to getting them. We missed them only by two or three days," the manager said.
"Jermaine was desperate to come back and kept texting me during the summer asking if it was going to happen.
"We were so close to bringing both him and Kandol here.
"Leeds had a couple of other players lined-up who they wanted to bring in, but couldn't because of the problems they were having."

thisisscunthorpe.co.uk

kjelvi

« Svar #47 på: Desember 20, 2007, 13:56:00 »
Wise snakker på den off. siden:

Ønsker å signe Sebastian Sorsa (finsk ving) i januar, samt å hente Lubo Michalik (Bolton) tilbake.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1195313,00.html

Mer om Seb: http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php?topic=9459.0
« Siste redigering: Desember 20, 2007, 15:06:29 av kjelvi »

Svend Anders

« Svar #48 på: Desember 20, 2007, 14:40:40 »
Synes det er fantastisk at klubben blir den første i media til å gå ut å fortelle om en ny potensiell spiller etter at ryktet/historien om Sorsa har ligget ute helt åpent på nettet i flere uker.

Gleder meg stort over at Lubo skal være på vei.

SA

BERGH

« Svar #49 på: Desember 20, 2007, 18:16:23 »
Men spilte Lubo for Bolton nå sist pga at noen var skadet?  Han lagde også et selvmål i den kampen.

Hvem henter Wise som venstre back, blir det Clapham eller Gray.  Gray spilte nå for Wolves men det var fordi Breen var skadet. Breen er klar til neste kamp og da er vel Gray på benken igjen.
Clapham var vel ikke med i troppen engang. :'(

kjelvi

« Svar #50 på: Desember 20, 2007, 18:36:10 »
Flying Sorsa Sighted At Elland Road

Dennis Wise has confirmed he's looking to bring in Finnish winger Sebastian Sorsa and Lubomir Michalik in the New Year transfer window and rumour has it a deal for Sorsa will be finalised on January 1.
The 23-year-old Sorsa, known as 'Sepsu', has been training with the club and will shortly be available on a free transfer when his current contract with HJK Helsinki expires.
"He's a winger who caught our eye and did well," Wise told the club's official website.
"He's got a lot of pace and good ability. What we've seen we liked and I'm hoping to sign him in January."
I'm pretty sure I've seen Sorsa in action. I travelled to Finland with some friends of mine from Drogheda for the first leg of a Uefa Cup qualifying-round tie against HJK in July last year. The Irish side drew 1-1.
Sorsa was on the mark, incidentally, in HJK's 2-0 defeat of FC Etzella of Luxembourg in the home leg of a Uefa Cup first qualifying round tie in July but the Finnish side were knocked out in the second qualifying round by Aalborg in August.
Wise is also looking to re-sign Bolton defender Lubomir Michalik, who made seven appearances during a loan spell at Elland Road last season and scored a cracking goal against Plymouth.
With Rui Marques heading off to the African Cup of Nations with Angola, Wise is keen to ensure he has sufficient cover at the back.
"I've been chasing Lubo for a long time and it would be nice if we could make something happen here," added Wise.
Michalik scored an own goal during the Trotters' 4-2 defeat at Manchester City last Saturday.

kjelvi

« Svar #51 på: Desember 20, 2007, 21:11:41 »
YEP: The Rumor Mill

Michael Gray would welcome Leeds United return

It may not be fact - but is it fiction?

Sources in the West Midlands are suggesting that Michael Gray would entertain the possibility of a return to Elland Road.
Gray signed a 12-month deal with Wolves last summer but has been sporadically involved at Molineux this season.
He is, however, keeping Jamie Clapham - who may also return to Elland Road - out of McCarthy's line-up at present.

Tom S

« Svar #52 på: Desember 20, 2007, 21:17:55 »
Sorsa, Lubo og Gray.
Ja, det hadde vert noko!!

COME ON LEEDS !!

BERGH

« Svar #53 på: Desember 21, 2007, 11:59:50 »
Shaun Derry har vært Crystal Palace sin beste spiller den siste måneden, ifølge noen CP supportere.

Han bør inn å erstatte Douglas

Jeg ville kjørt med Prutton og Derry i midten, da hadde vi ikke tapt mange dueller.  Da hadde vært motstanderen som hadde begynt med laaaaaaaaaaaange baller over midtbanen. ;D

kjelvi

« Svar #54 på: Desember 21, 2007, 14:34:15 »
Wise 'to bring in three or four players'

Dennis Wise has reacted to the loss of two key players this week by targeting upto four new arrivals during the upcoming January transfer window. After losing stand-in skipper Jonathan Douglas to a long-term knee injury, the boss was dealt a further blow on discovering that central defender Rui Marques could be unavailable for six weeks, as a result of being called up by Angola for next months African Cup of Nations in Ghana.
Top of Wise's wish list is believed to be Bolton Wanderers defender Lubo Michalik, who made seven appearances for United on loan last season. The Slovakian made a big impression during what was a difficult time for the club. 'Everyone knows that someone I've been chasing for a long time is Lubo. It would be nice if we could make it happen,' said Wise. 'I've kept an eye on him, and you know how much we liked him last year. He did very well for us and we missed him when he went back. He's young, he's willing to learn, and he's got all the attributes you look for.'
'We'd like to bring in three or four players, and by that I mean go and buy them - bring them in for the long term. I'm not saying an 18 or 19 year old. I'm saying a player of 24 or 25 who's got games under his belt and a bit of experience. That's what we're looking for.'
The club have also lined up a deal for Finnish winger Sebastian Sorsa, who is available on a free transfer once his contract with HJK Helsinki expires at the end of this month. The 23 year old has represented Finland at under-21 level and has also featured for his current club in the UEFA Cup. Wise has been impressed by what he has seen of the youngster. 'We've spoken to him, he's a free transfer and won't cost anything. He caught our eye and did very well so we're looking to bring him in. He plays on the wing and he's quick with a lot of ability as well. He's going to give a bit of competition.

glorygloryleedsunited.com

kjelvi

« Svar #55 på: Desember 21, 2007, 14:35:48 »
New Year purchases on Wise's agenda for Leeds

Leeds managemen team Dave Bassett and Dennis Wise

DENNIS WISE wants to make "three or four" signings when the transfer window opens after learning Leeds United will be without two key players for lengthy spells in the New Year.
The Elland Road club will have to do without Rui Marques after the defender was called up by Angola for the African Nations' Cup in Ghana.
Wise, who could be without Marques as early as next week, has also revealed that Jonathan Douglas' knee injury is so serious that the Republic of Ireland international is out for a minimum of three months.
It means the United chief will have to move quickly once the transfer window opens in January with pacey Finnish winger Sebastian Sousa set to join on a free transfer after a successful trial.
Wise also wants to re-sign Lubomir Michalik from Bolton Wanderers after the Slovakian international impressed when on loan at Elland Road last season.
He said: "We would like to bring in three or four players. We will be buying them for the long term, I want young players.
"I am not saying they will be 18-years-olds, I mean 24 to 25 year-olds who have games under their belts. That is what we are looking for to make us better.
"Rui has been called up by Angola. The dates their coach wants Rui for are the 28th of this month when Angola have a friendly and then again on January 5. It is not nice.
"Rui would like to go at the latest possible time because he wants to be involved over Christmas. We will have to see what the rules and regulations say about what we can and can't do. He wants to be with us and he will be a big miss for us.
"Centre half was one I was after anyway. I think people know the one I am after, Lubo. We may have to wait until the bright time but he is one I have looked at for a very long time.
"We looked at him last year so know his strengths and we definietly missed him when he went back. He is young and willing to learn. He has the right attributes and would be perfect for us.
"Sousa is a winger, has a lot of pace and is available on a free transfer (due to the 23-year-old's contract with HJK Helsinki expiring on December 31). We are looking to bring him in."
The loss of Marques is perhaps the biggest blow for United with the defender having been one of the club's most reliable performers this season.
Angola have a friendly against the Canary Islands a week today in Las Palmas and coach Luís Oliveira Gonçalves wants the Leeds defender to join up with the rest of the squad.
The African Nations Cup starts on January 20 and if Angola, whose opening game is against South Africa three days later, progress then Marques will not return to Yorkshire until after the final on February 10.
Douglas will also be sorely missed, though Wise does have options in the centre of midfield with Alan Thompson fit again having come off the bench in two of the last three games. Jonny Howson and Radostin Kishishev are also options, while David Prutton has played most of his career in the middle despite being on the right side of midfield this season.
Wise said: "Jonathan is going to be out for a minimum of three months. It depends on the surgeon. It is a big blow because he has been leading the side very well.
"But we have done without him already this season when he was away on international duty.
"I have got Alan Thompson coming back. I also have Jonny Howson and Radostin Kishishev. The only problem is we have five games in 15 days. Alan is probably the only one I would be worried about playing game after game."
Wise also revealed that Mark De Vries is out for four weeks with a groin injury.

YP

kjelvi

« Svar #56 på: Desember 21, 2007, 15:45:42 »
Leicester keen on Sunderland's Kavanagh
Leicester City boss Ian Holloway is interested in Sunderland midfielder Graham Kavanagh.
Kavanagh spent part of this season on-loan at Sheffield Wednesday and is expected to leave Sunderland during the January market.  (tribalfootball.com)

Leeds are planning to hijack Sunderland midfielder Graham Kavanagh's move to Sheffield Wednesday.

kjelvi

« Svar #57 på: Desember 21, 2007, 16:03:58 »

Newcastle are set to complete the signing of 17-year-old Swindon full-back Ben Tozer. (The Sun)

Premier League transfer window looms
The Guardian

Swindon's 17-year-old £1m left-back, Ben Tozer, is set to arrive Newcastle, but could be loaned out immediately.

kjelvi

« Svar #58 på: Desember 21, 2007, 16:13:58 »

Premier League transfer window looms
Swindon's 17-year-old £1m left-back, Ben Tozer, is set to arrive Newcastle, but could be loaned out immediately. (The Guardian)

Newcastle United close to completing Ben Tozer move
Ben Tozer, the Swindon Town defender, could go on loan to a Coca-Cola Championship club in January once his move to Newcastle United is completed.
The highly-rated defender is expected to move to St James' Park in the next couple of days, with the deal worth around £1million.
"He is only 17 and he is obviously one for the future," Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager, said. "And yes, there is a possibility Ben will be allowed to go out on loan.
"But first we want him to stay here for two or three weeks so that we can look at him and he can look at us."
Tozer has made seven appearances for the Robins this season and had previously been linked with a move to Everton.
"Ben is a laid-back character and sometimes that doesn't help him when he plays, but I knew I had a gem all along," David Byrne, Swindon's caretaker manager, said.
"There is no doubt in my mind that Tozer will make it in the Premier League. He is one of the best youngsters I have ever worked with because he listens and does exactly what you want him to do on the pitch.
"The Tozer deal was one the club just couldn't turn down. I have had calls for others of our youth team, but I have told people the not for sale sign is now firmly up."

Times

kjelvi

« Svar #59 på: Desember 21, 2007, 16:18:19 »
To buy or not to buy?

Phil Hay
Inside Elland Road

To judge by his recent comments, Dennis Wise is feeling slightly detached from the scramble for position which precedes the winter sales.
The middle of the season is, by definition, the point of no return. And January always promises to answer the prayers of many. How regularly those promises are met is a matter of opinion, and seven signings in last season's transfer window did not provide Wise's salvation. It is inconceivable that Leeds United will be quite so active during their forthcoming 31 days of freedom.
United's manager is not under significant pressure to compete in next month's market, a position which several of his peers must envy. The majority of coaches yearn for the transfer window and what has now become the traditional staging point for the second half of every campaign, but there is less satisfaction to be gained from spending money than there is from the knowledge that you have no desperate need to.
That, unexpectedly, is where Wise finds himself.
Leeds have provided him with a budget for January, an irony which should appeal to Wise's sense of humour.
When he most needed support 12 months ago, United were swerving towards financial desolation. Now that funds have arrived, he can almost do without.
He can stalk his most prominent targets next month – players who are being singled out for long-term service at Elland Road – without worrying about the consequences of failed bids.
The responsibility on Wise, and one which he has already alluded to, is to avoid spending for spending's sake.
If the transfer window has one fault – and in truth it has many – it is in encouraging managers to forego cash for the simple reason that everyone else is finding a reason to invest in players, sensibly or otherwise. United could follow a worse example than that set by Watford, who cut their cloth with unusual sense last season.
Presented with almost £10m from the sale of Ashley Young in January, Watford gauged the likelihood of relegation from the Premiership and banked a large portion of the money. Their attitude might have depicted a lack of ambition but at their current rate of progress in the Championship they will be a top-flight club again next term. Long-term planning has its benefits.
United's situation contrasts to that which faced Watford, but is not altogether different.
Wise knows by now that his present squad is capable of regaining the club's Championship status, even if promotion from League One is far less certain than Watford's relegation from the Premiership was. But he will also be honest enough to admit that the players in his possession are not, to a man, automatically capable of stepping up a division.
His squad, in short, would need plenty of work if promotion is realised.
Money spent now is money that could otherwise be available in May. There is a calculated gamble to be made, if Wise feels brave enough to do so. The challenge next month is to spend as much as he needs, and as little as he must.
So where to focus?
A stand-in for Africa-bound Rui Marques is necessary, although Paul Huntington was brought in from Newcastle United for precisely this kind of eventuality. Finding an experienced left-back in the mould of Jamie Clapham would alo be sensible, if only for the next six months.
Andrew Hughes has filled that position capably, but it suddenly seems slightly luxurious to remould a central midfielder as a defender when the only other midfielder with anything approaching an ever-present record – Republic of Ireland international Jonathan Douglas – is recuperating from injury.
The extent of the damage to Douglas' knee, sustained at Walsall last Saturday, should be confirmed on Monday, but the fact that United are seeking a second opinion is not a particularly good sign. He has already been ruled out for three months and his contribution between now and May will be minimal, regardless of whether surgery is necessary.
That is no minor setback – Wise is contemplating the implications of losing his most consistent and reliable asset in the centre of the pitch.
It may move him to consider the strengthening of his midfield as another priority. Wise has Alan Thompson and Jonathan Howson available to him, but the pair have made fewer league starts between them than Douglas alone.
Radostin Kishishev is on loan from Leicester City until next month, but has not yet exerted the influence that he did last season. Wise, though, should see value in retaining him. And as for Shaun Derry, who can say?
There is a general feeling that a deal will be struck with Crystal Palace when Derry's loan at Selhurst Park reaches a conclusion on January 19. Palace manager Neil Warnock will be extremely tempted to submit a bid, on the basis of the midfielder's form in London.
The decision for Wise is a difficult one, but managers do not earn money for making easy judgements. If Derry does not have a role to play in his plans then it is pointless to pretend otherwise.
Far better to let the 30-year-old migrate elsewhere knowing he has served the club well.
Douglas' injury and the vacancy it has created has in fact highlighted the most crucial aspect of next month's window for Wise.
Leeds are not required to emerge from January with greater strength in depth; what matters more is ensuring that their squad is no weaker at the end of the month than it was at the start.
The group of players who set this season rolling are good enough to finish it.
They deserve nothing less than the chance to do so.

YEP