Skrevet av Emne: KAMP: vs. Luton Town 26/1  (Lest 50444 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

sveifors

Sv: KAMP: vs. Luton Town 26/1
« Svar #60 på: Januar 25, 2008, 23:15:46 »
Northampton og Cheltenham gjorde oss en stor tjeneste idag med å slå henholdsvis Leyton Orient og Carlisle.

Swansea knuste Doncaster borte, det er kanskje en fordel for oss om de stikker ifra, bare de slår alle våre konkurenter

Nå må vi utnytte dette og hevne 5-1 tapet fra ifjor OG VINNE.......
Sveifors

Always look on the LEEDS side of life

Promotion 2010

« Svar #61 på: Januar 25, 2008, 23:25:06 »
Med seier mot Luton ligger vi på andre plass!!

Promotion - Promotion

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

berlin

« Svar #62 på: Januar 25, 2008, 23:35:06 »
Håper på seier mot Luton, selv om de har en hjemmestatistikk som et play-off lag.

Hvis Swansea gruser Forest på tirsdag og vi tar en ny seier mot Southend ligger vi plutselig rimelig godt an.

Men 2 "back-to-back-wins" på bortebane virker ikke opplagt pr. i dag, men det er lov å håpe.

kjelvi

« Svar #63 på: Januar 26, 2008, 00:26:50 »
Luton v Leeds preview
Struggling Luton take on Leeds at Kenilworth Road
Luton Town manager Mick Harford will give David Bell a late fitness test ahead of the visit of Leeds to Kenilworth Road.
Matthew Spring shook off a minor knock to score at Bournemouth - where the Hatters led going into the last minute only to lose 4-3 - and should continue his partnership with Steve Robinson in the centre of midfield.
Winger Dean Morgan - who nearly joined Leeds earlier this month - was handed his first start for the club since September in midweek and rewarded Harford with a goal so should keep his place while veteran Paul Furlong played his first 90 minutes in over a month after his nagging hamstring problem.
Don Hutchison will continue his renaissance as a centre-half alongside Chris Perry while left-back Sol Davis and striker Sam Parkin (ankle) both came through 90 minutes in midweek but will not be considered.

Leeds will be without Alan Thompson after allowing him to join Hartlepool on loan while Shaun Derry has sealed a permanent switch to Crystal Palace.
David Prutton could be recalled ahead of Bradley Johnson while Jonathan Howson is available after a knee injury although Jonathan Douglas (knee) and Leon Constantine (broken arm) are out.

Sky

Tore fra Larvik

« Svar #64 på: Januar 26, 2008, 10:54:27 »
Med den formen og det til tider dårlige spillet vi har vist, kan dette også bil en mitt i trynet. ???
Får håpe jeg tar feil men :o
Lykke til all sammen i ettermiddag.
LEEDS4EVER

kjelvi

« Svar #65 på: Januar 26, 2008, 11:16:35 »
Wise believes Harford can steer Hatters away from the drop

DENNIS WISE has backed former team-mate Mick Harford to lead Luton Town away from the relegation zone.
The pair played together at Chelsea and were reunited last night when the Hatters chief joined Wise for a drink at the Bedfordshire hotel where Leeds United are staying.
Both men will have had plenty to talk about with Harford, no doubt, wanting to pick Wise's brain on how to overcome a points deduction to move up the League One table.
Luton are in the relegation zone after being hit with a
10-point penalty for going into administration and former Rotherham manager Harford, who succeeded ex-Leeds chief Kevin Blackwell earlier this month, has a tough task to keep the club up.
Despite that, Wise said: "It is Mick's first home game in charge and it will be played on a boggy ground. We will need strong characters because it is going to be a battle. It is not going to be pretty.
"Luton face a challenge to climb out of the bottom four, but I think they will do it with Mick going there. Luton have done very well in recruiting Mick because he will not make excuses, blame other people or the lack of money after the club went into administration. He will justget on with it.
"Mick is a good man and a very good coach who knows his stuff. He doesn't cry about things – he is a fighter who has a charisma that can lift players. He is a man's man whom players look up to and believe in. You look at the size of him and he commands respect.
"I used to keep away from him when he was in the opposition. He came and played for Chelsea when I was there and I was pleased to have him on my side."
Leeds lost 1-0 to Doncaster Rovers in their last outing and Wise admits there will have to be an improvement today if his side are to complete the double over Luton.
He added: "Doncaster out-fought us and won most of the battles all over the pitch. When there is a fight, you have to win your battle against your opponent.
"Our first 23 games were fantastic, but the start of our second 23 has not been so fantastic. Teams are doing well against us."

YP

kjelvi

« Svar #66 på: Januar 26, 2008, 11:21:20 »
Hughes is aiming high for Leeds United

Andrew Hughes today moved to rally Leeds United from the negative experience of their defeat to Doncaster Rovers by claiming automatic promotion was still at the top of his agenda.
United's stand-in captain fought back against the feeling of pessimism created by last weekend's 1-0 loss to Doncaster at Elland Road ahead of a crucial run of two away games in four days.
Leeds will clash with Luton Town at Kenilworth Road tomorrow before travelling to Southend United on Tuesday night, and Hughes expects a week spent assessing their Yorkshire derby defeat to enforce an improved performance in both fixtures.
United would have climbed to second in the League One table had they beaten Doncaster, and a gap of two points exists between Leeds and Nottingham Forest, who sit directly behind leaders Swansea City.
Don't miss our online Leeds United columnists. For the best Elland Road insight - including Peter Lorimer - click here.
The fluctuating results produced by Wise's players during the last six weeks have raised doubts about their ability to win automatic promotion this season, but Hughes claimed United would be wasting a wonderful opportunity by failing to pursue their chance of a top-two finish.
The 30-year-old said: "If we're lucky enough to be in this position now, why can't we aim for automatic?
"We're in the play-offs and in a wonderful position, but I don't think that's good enough for Dennis Wise or Leeds United.
"I don't think he'll let that happen. He'll do everything he can to get us to where we want to be.
"At the start of the season we had a goal, and we kept it in house. We're still aiming for that goal.
"Against Doncaster, the team let the manager down. He worked with us and he pointed out the things that he wanted us to do, and we didn't do them. We didn't do the simple, basic things which have got us where we are at the minute.
"At the end of the day, clean sheets and 1-0 wins can win you the league and get you promoted. That's the way we've got to look at it."
Hughes will carry the armband for the next month or so with club captain Alan Thompson beginning a loan spell at Hartlepool United and his deputy Jonathan Douglas recovering from a knee injury.
Hughes was a natural choice for Wise, having provided an influential presence in a variety of positions this season.
But he does not expect to retain the captaincy once Thompson or Douglas return to the fold.
"Alan Thompson's the captain and Jonathan Douglas is vice-captain,"
Hughes said. "The manager has given me the armband to keep it warm.
"In my eyes he's got strong characters here anyway who are vocal on the pitch, but it's a great responsibility."

YP

Fripp

• Gjest
« Svar #67 på: Januar 26, 2008, 12:27:47 »
Er Constantine skadd igjen?

Jon R

« Svar #68 på: Januar 26, 2008, 12:31:33 »
Er Constantine skadd igjen?

Igjen og igjen, fru Blom. Han brakk armen mot Oldham 1 nyttårsdag.  :)
Jon R.

baste

« Svar #69 på: Januar 26, 2008, 13:11:46 »
Tror Flo starter kampen, synd vi ikke fikk inn en spiss..men det er vel ennå tid til å handle?
Send gjerne oppdatering til meg via sms, må på jobb.  SVEIN-Arve holder meg oppdatert (Takk)

COME ON LEEDS
Baste
« Siste redigering: Januar 26, 2008, 13:20:06 av baste »

Per-Stian

« Svar #70 på: Januar 26, 2008, 13:59:42 »
Dagens tropp som reiser til Luton:

Ankergren, Lucas
Richardson, Huntington, Kenton, Heath, Parker
Hughes, Prutton, Howson, Johnson, Sweeney, Carole, Westlake, Weston, Sorsa
Beckford, Flo, Kandol

Mitt tips:

Ankergren
Richardson - Huntington - Kenton - Parker
Prutton - Hughes - Johnson - Sweeney
Beckford - Kandol

SveinArve

« Svar #71 på: Januar 26, 2008, 14:08:54 »
Er enig i det meste du skriv Per-Stian.

Men tror dessverre Flo starter i staden for Kandol...
------------------------------
Proud member of LUSCOS

http://www.skarbovikfotball.blogspot.com

Runar

« Svar #72 på: Januar 26, 2008, 14:40:25 »
Jeg håper på:

Ankegren

Frazer - Kenton - Hunty - Parker

Carole - Hughes - Howson  -Sweeney

Flo - Beckford

---------------------------
Eventuelt Prutton eller Johnson inn sentralt for Howson

Trond90

« Svar #73 på: Januar 26, 2008, 14:46:40 »
Får faen meg håpe på 3 poeng som bursdagspresang i dag! Håper vi stiller med:

Ankergren

Prutton - Hughes - Howson/Johnson - Sweeney

Kandol          Beckford

We are Leeds, We are Proud, Standing up, Singing loud,
and there's nothing you can do against the Yellow Whites and Blue!

Joe Jordan

« Svar #74 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:07:02 »
Uff, jeg har ikke noen som helst tro på 3 poeng mot Luton i dag med det spillet som har blitt vist i 2008. Men jeg vil gjerne bli positivt overrasket!  ;D

'If they hadn't scored, we would've won.' - Howard Wilkinson

sveifors

« Svar #75 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:13:42 »
Uff, jeg har ikke noen som helst tro på 3 poeng mot Luton i dag med det spillet som har blitt vist i 2008. Men jeg vil gjerne bli positivt overrasket!  ;D

Tror ikke at den som spiller fint idag vil vinne, dette blir et bikkjeslagsmål og den som vinner flest dueller vinner. Luton mobiliserer nok ekstra  10% idag som mot Lpool hjemme.
Sveifors

Always look on the LEEDS side of life

nord

« Svar #76 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:24:19 »
Jeg tror absolut på at vi vinder idag !  ;D

Leedsulf

« Svar #77 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:27:58 »
Er Kenton klar igjen nå?
Jeg så nettopp høydepunktene fra Doncaster-kampen på LUTV, og ble enda en gang skremt av synet av Heath bak der.
Som så mange ganger i fjor, mister han ballen på egen banehalvdel, bommer taklinger med nesten en meter, og blir forbigått som om han var støpt fast til banen.

Det hadde vært synd for Rui, men jeg håper Angola ryker ut av Afrikamesterskapet ved første anledning, slik at vi får han på plass bak der igjen fortest mulig.

B-m

« Svar #78 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:30:11 »
Jeg tror absolut på at vi vinder idag !  ;D

med slike utsagn kan vi være sikker på tap idag da?
---------------------------
who killed Trondheimwhite?

Leedsulf

« Svar #79 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:31:38 »
Kandol og Prutton er visstnok tilbake i startoppstillingen.

Ferre

« Svar #80 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:32:45 »
Da blir det vel dette laget:

Casper
Frazer - Huntington - Kenton - Parker
Kandol - Beckford

?

Ferre

« Svar #81 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:33:23 »
Sorsa på benken i alle fall...

Per-Stian

« Svar #82 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:33:36 »
Kandol og Prutton er visstnok tilbake i startoppstillingen.

I like!

Læshy

« Svar #83 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:35:44 »
United: Ankergren, Richardson, Huntington, Kenton, Parker,  Prutton, Hughes, Johnson, Sweeney, Beckford, Kandol. Subs: Heath, Westlake, Carole, Flo, Sorsa.
Læshy alias Lars Brevig
Skribent på nett og i TPN
lars@leedsunited.no

Tom S

« Svar #84 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:37:05 »
Med 3p idag er vi på andreplass!
 8)
COME ON LEEDS !!

Ferre

« Svar #85 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:39:03 »
Kilkenny skadet?

Per-Stian

« Svar #86 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:39:07 »
Ser at laget vart akkurat som eg hadde tippa. Godt å ha super-sub Flo tilbake på benken. Han har mislukkast fullstendig når han har fått tillit frå start. Glad Kenton er skadefri og tek plassen til Heath. Johnson er eg ikkje kjent med, men reknar med han vart henta inn for å styrke førstelaget vårt. Skuffa over at Howson ikkje er på benken, men han har kanskje følingar med ei skade?

Ankergren
Beckford - Kandol

Res: Heath, Westlake, Carole, Flo, Sorsa

Per-Stian

« Svar #87 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:39:18 »

HåvardK

« Svar #88 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:39:37 »
Ikke dumt å gi Kandol og Prutton sjansen igjen. Men hva Westlake har å gjøre i troppen, er uklart for meg. Edit: Kilkenny skadet, eller?

Tom S

« Svar #89 på: Januar 26, 2008, 15:40:05 »
Positivt at Kenton vart klar igjen og godt å registrere at Flonaldo er henvist til benken. Kandol bør ha alt å bevise idag.
Usikker på Johnson sentralt på midten, men det er vel ingen reelle alternativ sålenge Kilkenny er susp og Howson ikkje er klar?
Kanskje Prutts kunne prøvd seg sentralt og køyrt inn Sorsa eller Carole på høgre kant?

Laget bør vere godt nok til å slå Luton!

we all love leeds  :-*

« Siste redigering: Januar 26, 2008, 15:41:37 av Tom S »
COME ON LEEDS !!